PDA

View Full Version : Knicks owner tells fan of 63yrs to start rooting for the Nets

Hey Yo
02-08-2015, 11:50 AM
"New York Knicks and Cablevision CEO James Dolan lashed out at a lifelong fan over email, suggesting the fan was an alcoholic who should start rooting for the Nets "because the Knicks don't want you."

Dolan's response was extraordinarily disproportionate given the relatively mild-mannered

Knicksfever2010
02-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Nothing new here, Dolan is a creep and horrible owner. Wake me up when he does something positive.

ProfessorMurder
02-08-2015, 11:54 AM
They both sound like jerks.

Horde of Temujin
02-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Dolan is why i stopped rooting for the Knicks. I stopped being a fan around 2006 in the midst of the Isiah Thomas era.

Hey Yo
02-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 20 minutes ago

How come Aaron Bierman's dad knows that Jim Dolan low-balled Steve Kerr but most of the New York media doesn't...or isn't allowed to say it?

24-Inch_Chrome
02-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Isn't Dolan known for this kind of stuff? I always had a perception of him as a prick.

Horde of Temujin
02-08-2015, 12:05 PM
He also fired a security guard who did not recognize him and asked him for ID, dude was just doing his job.

edrick
02-08-2015, 12:09 PM
He also fired a security guard who did not recognize him and asked him for ID, dude was just doing his job.

Wow, if true.

Knicksfever2010
02-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 20 minutes ago

keep in mind, Frank Isola said right before the summer of Lebron was starting in 2010 that he didnt think the Knicks should go after Lebron because the Knicks shouldnt try to win 'that way'

thats all you need to know about Isola, he is so friggin salty towards the team he covers, its down right sadddd

It's A VC3!!!
02-08-2015, 12:52 PM
The Knicks have been the most trash franchise in the history of this league. I'm always very shocked when I see their arena fill but 99% of the people in attendance are not Knicks fans - they just go because it's a nice and fun event in New York. Even though the Nets attendance numbers have been dwindling they at least get 100% true Nets fans, not these rich random people from Manhattan.

The fan is stupid for emailig Dolan to complain. However, he is right in saying that the Knicks would be better off without Dolan.

smoovegittar
02-08-2015, 01:30 PM
The Knicks have been the most trash franchise in the history of this league. I'm always very shocked when I see their arena fill but 99% of the people in attendance are not Knicks fans - they just go because it's a nice and fun event in New York. Even though the Nets attendance numbers have been dwindling they at least get 100% true Nets fans, not these rich random people from Manhattan.

The fan is stupid for emailig Dolan to complain. However, he is right in saying that the Knicks would be better off without Dolan.

Negged.

smoovegittar
02-08-2015, 01:41 PM
keep in mind, Frank Isola said right before the summer of Lebron was starting in 2010 that he didnt think the Knicks should go after Lebron because the Knicks shouldnt try to win 'that way'

thats all you need to know about Isola, he is so friggin salty towards the team he covers, its down right sadddd
Repped. REAL Knick fans know their worst enemy (enema) is the tri - state media.

gts
02-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Dolan should have sent the guy two court side seats and a gift card to a fancy eatery, thanked him for his patience and being a fan for so many years

But instead he does what he always does, plays the part of the fool...

Marchesk
02-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Repped. REAL Knick fans know their worst enemy (enema) is the tri - state media.

Because the media is responsible for the state the Knicks are in. :facepalm

Knicksfever2010
02-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Because the media is responsible for the state the Knicks are in. :facepalm

Most athletes who dont want to play in NYC cite the ny media. NYC media is VERY tough. Just look at Oklahoma City, after they criticized Durant, a day later they apologized to Durant. That wouldnt happen in NYC.

Marchesk
02-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Most athletes who dont want to play in NYC cite the ny media. NYC media is VERY tough. Just look at Oklahoma City, after they criticized Durant, a day later they apologized to Durant. That wouldnt happen in NYC.

Nor should it. Why shouldn't the media be free to criticize any player, coach or owner? They're the media and this is America. No apologies.

dunksby
02-08-2015, 03:26 PM

NYK could have gotten Kareem and consequently Magic but they didn't even show any interest in signing Kareem who wanted to play for his home city.

Hey Yo
02-08-2015, 03:40 PM
NYK could have gotten Kareem and consequently Magic but they didn't even show any interest in signing Kareem who wanted to play for his home city.
Not saying that you're lying, but I find that hard to believe.

The Knicks went 38-44 that 74-75 season and Kareem was traded the summer of 75'. Seems like they could have used him.

dunksby
02-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Not saying that you're lying, but I find that hard to believe.

The Knicks went 38-44 that 74-75 season and Kareem was traded the summer of 75'. Seems like they could have used him.
http://youtu.be/Gdx_yfkv7mM?t=1m48s

christian1923
02-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Nor should it. Why shouldn't the media be free to criticize any player, coach or owner? They're the media and this is America. No apologies.
Because KD is the greatest person in OKC history. They had no reason to make a headline like that about him after 1 bad game.

outbreak
02-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Didn't he fire some cheerleaders who clapped for the other team as well?

The dude sounds like an asshole. He's the reason the knicks have been bad so long when they should be an ideal destination for free agents. I feel bad for knicks fans having him as an owner.

Hey Yo
02-08-2015, 03:51 PM
WOW, that's ****in nuts.

Thanks for the link, man.

Jud
02-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Making a garbage franchise look even more garbage than they already are.

dunksby
02-08-2015, 03:55 PM
WOW, that's ****in nuts.

Thanks for the link, man.
I always wondered why KAJ never played for the NYK, had heard only old rumors, till I found that vid :cheers:

christian1923
02-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Wow that's incredible

The curse of KAJ

dunksby
02-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Wow that's incredible

The curse of KAJ
Maybe they didn't like that he was a Muslim? The same 75 season NYK tried to sign Wilt and bring him out of retirement :facepalm I guess the Knicks management always sucked...

Marchesk
02-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Because KD is the greatest person in OKC history. They had no reason to make a headline like that about him after 1 bad game.

He's a freaking basketball player for crying out loud. But sure, I get that the media overreacting is annoying, and they might feel regret when it's uncalled for.

christian1923
02-08-2015, 04:12 PM
He's a freaking basketball player for crying out loud. But sure, I get that the media overreacting is annoying, and they might feel regret when it's uncalled for.
Yeah usually when the newspaper makes a headline like that it reflects how the fans are feeling. But nobody else besides that newspapers felt the need to bash KD. Huge overreaction.

R.I.P.
02-08-2015, 04:34 PM
He

SmackOrH.A.K
02-08-2015, 05:22 PM
They both sound like salty ISH posters :oldlol:

HEAT111
02-08-2015, 05:24 PM
No wonder the Knicks are cursed. James Dolan :lol

ILLsmak
02-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Dolan should have sent the guy two court side seats and a gift card to a fancy eatery, thanked him for his patience and being a fan for so many years

yea he went in on him on some personal shit. That's super wack.

-Smak

TonyD
02-08-2015, 07:43 PM
I think it's pretty cool that he even got a response.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Supposedly the reason the Knicks "didnt show interest" in Kareem was because the Bucks asked for Walt Clyde Frazier in a trade.

In retrospect the Knicks shouldve made the move but Clyde was their guy

niko
02-08-2015, 09:53 PM

You're such a fake fan. Youve never even been to a game at Barclays live. It's different people every game. They come late and barely even root at times. Wow you're full of shit.

niko
02-08-2015, 09:54 PM
And Dolan being a dick, that's truly shocking.

smoovegittar
02-08-2015, 11:02 PM

Dude doesn't understand the war the Garden has with Knick media. After Isiah's blunders, Jimmy put up the hush policy. They've been for his blood ever since. This is why he put the team in Phil's hands. Knick trolls have everything they need from quoting The Post if they're that bored.

:facepalm

kentatm
02-08-2015, 11:51 PM
can we just pretend that the letter is racist so Silver can force him to sell the team?

niko
02-09-2015, 10:10 AM
can we just pretend that the letter is racist so Silver can force him to sell the team?
Yes please. I'm deeply offended.

imdaman99
02-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Dolan is one of the biggest problems the Knicks have, unfortunately there is no way to get rid of him. Us Knick fans are stuck with the cancer.

He forced Walsh to gut the team and trade for Melo and essentially paved the way for Walsh to leave.

swagga
02-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Dolan is one of the biggest problems the Knicks have, unfortunately there is no way to get rid of him. Us Knick fans are stuck with the cancer.

He forced Walsh to gut the team and trade for Melo and essentially paved the way for Walsh to leave.

2 words too many.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2015, 11:10 AM
There has been a lot of reaction to this on sports media. Am I alone in thinking this is no big deal? I'd guess that this is Dolan finally blowing up after years of criticism for his incompetent management. But he didn't say anything obscene or bigoted.

Sarcastic
02-09-2015, 01:19 PM
At least he signed it with "Respectfully".

:confusedshrug:

Draz
02-09-2015, 01:25 PM

With his response being such arrogant, to me it symbolizes insecurity.