PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen to make decision within 10 days

Cocaine80s
02-09-2015, 03:23 AM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/02/ray-allen-to-make-his-decision-within-the-next-10-days

Most likely Cleveland or Atlanta

He's coming to Cleveland let's be real tho

Thunderfan86
02-09-2015, 03:24 AM
How much help does Lebron need? :confusedshrug:

oh the horror
02-09-2015, 03:25 AM
I'll ask again, why does Cleveland need those old legs? They don't need another aging shooter. They need size

All Net
02-09-2015, 03:27 AM
I'll ask again, why does Cleveland need those old legs? They don't need another aging shooter. They need size

Considering how little they have got from Miller/Jones he gives them another shooter.

Shooters with Lebron and Kyrie around is never bad.

Budadiiii
02-09-2015, 03:28 AM
:roll:

Never seen anything like it. Jumps from one historically stacked team to the next.

Kyrie, Love, Smith, Shump, Mozgov, and now Allen?

All he has to do is make routine passes to these great shooters and they'll win games. And they have good defenders and a legit center.

Championship or bust. Tired of LeBron underachieving with these stacked squads.

Foster5k
02-09-2015, 03:29 AM
In other news, the Cleveland Cavaliers are still waiting to see if Reggie Miller is willing to come out of retirement and sign for the MLE.

Cocaine80s
02-09-2015, 03:30 AM
:roll:

Never seen anything like it. Jumps from one historically stacked team to the next.

Kyrie, Love, Smith, Shump, Mozgov, and now Allen?

All he has to do is make routine passes to these great shooters and they'll win games. And they have good defenders and a legit center.

Championship or bust. Tired of LeBron underachieving with these stacked squads.
So you've finally returned.

Prime_Shaq
02-09-2015, 03:31 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/files/2011/04/rayallen.jpg

Eric Cartman
Would be refreshing if he signed with the Bucks or maybe the Spurs.

But we know he love dat Lebron dick too much.

Cavalier
I hope Ray is ready to ride the pine. Let's be honest, he's ancient, he's going to be rusty, and he would definitely be a weak link in our improved team defense, so I don't really see him getting many minutes. However, in the playoffs we can sub him in in critical situations where we need a three, and also he could serve as somewhat of a shooting coach to whoever needs it. (Please Ray, fix TT's jumper.)

All Net
02-09-2015, 03:34 AM
So you've finally returned.
for now..

KNOW1EDGE
02-09-2015, 03:37 AM
I honestly don't know why the Cavs or Hawks would even want Ray Allen.

Can someone explain?

Budadiiii
02-09-2015, 03:39 AM

Can someone explain?
Both teams have championship aspirations. Would it hurt to add one of the greatest and most clutch shooters in NBA history to your team?

What experience to the Hawks have except flaming out every single ****ing year in the playoffs?

Which is gonna happen again this year regardless of if they sign Allen, but it wouldn't hurt them.

Cavalier
02-09-2015, 03:40 AM

Can someone explain?

I'm sure you've seen how LeBron plays under pressure, dude needs a bailout plan. Might as well have the greatest 3-point threat of all time, just in case shit gets hairy in the playoffs/Finals.

Thunderfan86
02-09-2015, 03:41 AM

Can someone explain?
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1376447.1371615312!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/usa-basketball-nba-finals.jpg

Prime_Shaq
02-09-2015, 03:41 AM

Can someone explain?
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0618/nba_u_allenshot_gb1_576.jpg

TylerOO
02-09-2015, 03:42 AM
hes useless these days

KNOW1EDGE
02-09-2015, 03:45 AM
So contenders should add guys who used to be good at basketball and are future hall of famers?

Ray Allen in 2015 is not a hall of fame caliber player. He is not an all star caliber player. He is not a starting guard caliber player. He is old, slow and a horrible defender.

His once automatic jumpshot is now inconsistent as he doesn't have the same lift in his legs.

The Cavs have no need for Ray Allen.

The Hawks have no need for Ray Allen.

Hotlantadude81
02-09-2015, 03:47 AM
So contenders should add guys who used to be good at basketball and are future hall of famers?

Ray Allen in 2015 is not a hall of fame caliber player. He is not an all star caliber player. He is not a starting guard caliber player. He is old, slow and a horrible defender.

His once automatic jumpshot is now inconsistent as he doesn't have the same lift in his legs.

The Cavs have no need for Ray Allen.

The Hawks have no need for Ray Allen.

The Hawks are going out early in the playoffs anyway and it doesn't really matter.

KNOW1EDGE
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0618/nba_u_allenshot_gb1_576.jpg

What is that?

A picture from 3 years ago?

Should I post a picture of Reggie Miller as proof that the Blazers need him?

Foster5k
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/files/2011/04/rayallen.jpg

Shaq: "What I'm about to tell you is top secrete. You cannot tell anyone. I mean ANYONE about this."

Ray Allen: "Aight. What is it?"

Shaq: "Okay, so LeBron is forming a super team in Miami. It's going to be him, Flash, and Bosh."

Ray Allen: "Word? That ninja really leaving Cleveland?"

Shaq: "Yes, and he wanted to know if you're on board?"

Ray Allen: "Damn. How much help this so called King need to win a ring?"

Shaq: "A lot. So, what do you say Ray? You in?"

Ray Allen: "Sh!t, why not. I'll save his career and get a ring to boot."

5mins later...

LeBron: "Yo, Shaq. You got Ray on deck?"

Shaq: "Of course. I'm the Diesel baby."

LeBron: "My man! I'll catch you later. I got this 1hr special on ESPN coming up to make my decision."

Shaq: "Say what? Ninja you crazy."

LeBron: "Hey, see if you can get Dwight, CP3, Durant, and Melo to join up too."

Shaq: "I'll see what I can do."

LeBron: "Sounds good. I'll text you later. Bye."

Heavincent
02-09-2015, 03:48 AM
Come to the Warriors.

TylerOO
02-09-2015, 03:50 AM
Shaq: "What I'm about to tell you is top secrete. You cannot tell anyone. I mean ANYONE about this."

Shaq: "Okay, so LeBron is forming a super team in Miami. It's going to be him, Flash, and Bosh."

Shaq: "A lot. So, what do you say Ray. You in?"

5mins later...

LeBron: "My man! I'll catch you later. I got this 1hr special on ESPN coming up to make my decision."

LeBron: "Hey, see if you can get Dwight, CP3, Durant, Melo to join up too."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

JT123
02-09-2015, 03:50 AM

Shaq: "A lot. So, what do you say Ray. You in?"

5mins later...

LeBron: "Hey, see if you can get Dwight, CP3, Durant, and Melo to join up too."

Comedy isn't your strong suite

Heavincent
02-09-2015, 03:51 AM
Yeah that was pretty bad.

Prime_Shaq
02-09-2015, 03:52 AM
What is that?

Should I post a picture of Reggie Miller as proof that the Blazers need him?
If you don't think Ray can be counted on for a clutch shot anymore then you crazy. He's will always be clutch. He'll play the Fisher role for the Cavs/Hawks, doesn't do jack shit all game and come in and tear out your heart in the final minute.

Budadiiii
02-09-2015, 03:52 AM
Comedy isn't your strong suite
Life isn't your strong *suit.

FLDFSU
02-09-2015, 03:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

:applause:

Eric Cartman
02-09-2015, 03:55 AM
Life isn't your strong *suit.

Mods.

Budadiiii
02-09-2015, 03:58 AM
Mods.
Har Har Har.

I'm not going anywhere so get used to me dominating kids for fun. Or in JT's case, 35 year old grown men who don't have jobs.

KNOW1EDGE
02-09-2015, 04:00 AM
Ray could probably still hit a clutch shot.

So could Reggie Miller, Peja, Robert Horry etc etc but you don't see teams signing them.

Guys get old. They lose stength. They lose elevation on their jumper and power in their legs. They become slow. They can't play defense.

Teams don't sign players in hopes that they will come in for 1 play a game and hit a "clutch shot"

If teams think Ray can play 15-20 mpg and actually contribute then so be it, idk, I just don't see it.

Eric Cartman
02-09-2015, 04:02 AM

Shaq - "Ask Bron if I can ring chase in Miami"

Ray - "F*ck off"

Prometheus
02-09-2015, 04:10 AM
Ray Allen has done some great things in the league. Anymore, however, he is a non-factor, and this should likewise be a non-story.

tomtucker
02-09-2015, 04:17 AM
does not play for the whole season.......midway through , decides to join one of the 2 best teams in the league..........taking ring chasing to a whole new level :eek: :eek:

COnDEMnED
02-09-2015, 04:22 AM
does not play for the whole season.......midway through , decides to join one of the 2 best teams in the league..........taking ring chasing to a whole new level :eek: :eek:
A match made in heaven for LeBron.

JebronLames
02-09-2015, 04:50 AM
He would match better with the hawks.

JebronLames
02-09-2015, 04:53 AM
Turns out he didnt need much to win 2 championships. Check out how the heat are doing, and that's with them adding whiteside and deng.

coin24
02-09-2015, 05:46 AM
If he goes to the cavs he's a piece of shit:oldlol:

KayHaven
02-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Ray could probably still hit a clutch shot.

So could Reggie Miller, Peja, Robert Horry etc etc but you don't see teams signing them.

Guys get old. They lose stength. They lose elevation on their jumper and power in their legs. They become slow. They can't play defense.

Teams don't sign players in hopes that they will come in for 1 play a game and hit a "clutch shot"

If teams think Ray can play 15-20 mpg and actually contribute then so be it, idk, I just don't see it.

What do you think Rays been doing for the last 3-4 years? He's been patrolling the perimeter getting kick outs. And that's exactly what he'll be doing now. You don't need to be 24 to do that.

And as far as defense goes....he's NEVER been a great individual defender but since 08 has been a great team defense guy thanks to Thibs and KG. So as long as he's not facing Jamal Crawford every night he'll be good.

He's historically know as one of the most in shape players in history as well as being one of the greatest shooters and extremely clutch....why wouldn't you want that on ur team ....

HomieWeMajor
02-09-2015, 08:49 AM
My cousin is an estate agent in Cleveland and he said that one of his co-workers took Ray Allen and his family on a house viewing last week.

Joyner82reload
02-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Memphis, OKC, and Chicago would be his best fits. I can understand why he wouldn't want to go to OKC or Chicago as they're not contenders and the former literally has no set offense, which Allen thrives in. But why wouldn't he go to Memphis? Vince Carter is absolutely finished and he could come off the bench as the backup SG, putting Tony Allen at the SF full time(where he belongs despite being undersized). Memphis has 2 problems: #1 is outside shooting(they have NOONE outside of Lee/Conley) and spacing(due to #1 as teams don't have to close out on shooters). Is Ray not interested in the hard-nosed gritty style of basketball that Memphis employs?

Lee/R. Allen
Green/T. Allen

is a MASSIVE upgrade over

Lee/T. Allen
Green/Carter

Hotlantadude81
02-09-2015, 11:13 AM
My cousin is an estate agent in Cleveland and he said that one of his co-workers took Ray Allen and his family on a house viewing last week.

Probably. This whole thing is just for attention. Just say that you're going to Cleveland and be done with it.

Mass Debator
02-09-2015, 12:44 PM
He needs an ESPN special. The Selection or something.

lilteapot
02-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Neither of those teams need Ray Allen.

Atlanta needs a rebounding big. Ray Allen adds nothing to the Cavs except more shooting which they have enough of. They should get a backup point guard instead.

Draz
02-09-2015, 01:20 PM
OR ATLANTA? Is this guy the biggest fa99ot in the world? Because their doing good he's actually considering the Hawks? Biggest fcking bandwagon.

LeJohn Janes
02-09-2015, 01:44 PM
What is that?

Less than 2.

Good effort though.

tomtucker
02-09-2015, 02:42 PM

[B]can

hawksdogsbraves
02-09-2015, 03:16 PM
I'd take Ray. We don't really need him, but we could use a vet with championship experience for the playoff run, and his skillset obviously is of value in our offense.

He wouldn't get much playing time, (especially once Thabo comes back) but if somebody, (read one of Carroll, Korver, Teague, or Bazemore) gets hurt then we'd certainly have need for an additional wing who can shoot the ball.

smoovegittar
02-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Wake me when it's over :rolleyes: