PDA

View Full Version : Old draft threads are a gold mine

Heavincent
02-09-2015, 04:51 AM
You guys gotta read some of this shit :oldlol: Westbrook and Curry in particular were thought to be future busts by a lot of people.

Stephen Curry - He's the next Mo Williams. Will make a good complimentary shooter.

I can't believe people think Curry'd get iso'd. He won't be able to get open without a screen in the NBA. I think he's got a role in the NBA, but I'm amazed he's rated so high in some mocks, he's a early 20s pick at best. I just don't think his game'll translate.

I do think Donnie Walsh saying he wants him is a smokescreen, certainly wouldn't be the first time.

I don't understand why people are so high on Stephen Curry... what position is going to play in the NBA?? Does anyone actually think he can run an NBA team at the point, or even guard ANYONE at either PG or SG??

My NBA comparison for him is Eddie House

WESTBROOK??? Thats a dumb pick. A more athletic Earl Watson. Should have drafted Bayless

OMG. what a pick. hahaha someone is gonna get fired in Seattle soon. Westbrook over Bayless?

Kevin love isn't going to be any good.

Love is not a lottery caliber talent.

Bayless
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

DYNASTY

Nets should of drafted Wesley Johnson, this guy is a steal. He will be a leading scorer in this league.

Plenty more if you google old draft threads. Some good stuff there.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93142

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131959

Collie
02-09-2015, 05:24 AM
Bayless, Maggette, Thornton, Brand & Kaman is going to be a scary ****ing lineup.

:roll:

The Iron Sheik
02-09-2015, 05:28 AM
jerryd f*cking bayless tho :roll:

Collie
02-09-2015, 05:31 AM
jerryd f*cking bayless tho :roll:

Yeah, the guys in that thread were hyping him up like crazy. I think they were expecting him to become what Russell WB is right now.

bayless is salty and rightfully so...westbrook, gordon, and augustin before him? CRAZY...and indy is not even a good situation for him...

Originally Posted by Da KO King
Can someone explain to me why so many of you were so high on Jerryd Bayless?

Athletic
Explosive
Best pure shooter in the draft
Very competitive hard nosed player
Great Work Ethic
Great off the ball
Unselfish
Has the potential and lateral quickness to become a good defender

:roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
02-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Bayless was the biz in 2K tho.

The Iron Sheik
02-09-2015, 05:37 AM
Bayless was the biz in 2K tho.

he was by far the best backup pg in 2k11

andremiller07
02-09-2015, 07:41 AM
DeMar DeRozan - He'll be the first one to see the D-League.

Rubio is insulted as your comparison; he is a Chris Paul level passing/stealing/vision point guard in a bigger frame, with less atheletic genes.

lol

GimmeThat
02-09-2015, 07:58 AM
I think this just shows how difficult it is for one player to stay with one franchise their whole career.

I'd also like to think that this has something to do with your medical/training staff.

how many people have gone "well, it's really nice we got this 15+ scorer etc, even though this is his 10+ years in the league"

but then their net production just drops at a rate that makes you scratch your head

Joyner82reload
02-09-2015, 08:28 AM
This post in regards to Westbrook is quite possibly the best post EVER made on this forum. Context: Durant was there representing the Thunder @ the draft and Westbrook was never a big time scorer in college(averaged 8.7 ppg in 2 seasons). Westbrook was obviously a HUGE reach at the time @ #4, most considered him mid-late lottery.

Well this his gem of a comment was made in reference to the way Durant looked after Westbrook was drafted.

Durants demeanor right now is worrying me...is he just happy that they didnt draft any1 that will steal his shots?

deja vu
02-09-2015, 09:02 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the Rubio and Chris Paul comparison. Both of them are elite passers/stealers/have great vision.

wally_world
02-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Bayless was really a beast tho, the Damien Lillard before Damien Lillard - had he panned out

kurple
02-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Bayless
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

DYNASTY
whats funny about this?

that was a future dynasty

SugarHill
02-09-2015, 10:36 AM
whats funny about this?

It really was. Portland got robbed and so did the NBA :(

chocolatethunder
02-09-2015, 11:04 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the Rubio and Chris Paul comparison. Both of them are elite passers/stealers/have great vision.
I agree. He's a good defender too. He's a terrible shooter no doubt, so he sucks at scoring because people sag off of him but apart from that, he's on Paul's level on everything else. He's never really had a good team but he sure knew how to get Love the ball in his spots. You can see how much better Minnesota plays as soon as he's back. Of course including him they got three starters back almost at the same time (and Rubio say last night) but watch how much better they are with him. They will not have the worst record in the league if he stays healthy. Not a chance.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2015, 12:02 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/e6f0baa7ec78f98fe21825a10840cbc6.png

:oldlol:

GOBB
02-09-2015, 01:04 PM
They are funny I don't know what I said in past draft threads but I would probably laugh at myself and shake my head. It's a lot of pages in that 08 draft im not sifting through to find me.

The Iron Sheik
02-09-2015, 09:03 PM
whats funny about this?

travis outlaw from about 2011 to 2013 was the worst player in the nba. no team is a dynasty with him starting

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2015, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure all of my draft prognostication has been on-point. Prove me wrong. :pimp:

Bosnian Sajo
02-09-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty sure all of my draft prognostication has been on-point. Prove me wrong. :pimp:

:rolleyes:

Dro
02-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Wow, forgot the Pacers even drafted Bayless.....

The Iron Sheik
02-10-2015, 12:43 AM

your free agent predictions were even better, particularly your sentiments about the probability of lebron returning to cleveland

SpecialQue
02-10-2015, 12:55 AM
lol @ these stupid assholes not being able to predict the future

SamuraiSWISH
02-10-2015, 01:29 AM
Da KO King is notoriously bad. And it's funnier because his delivery is always that as if he's absolutely destined to be correct because of his vast, infinite knowledge of talent. He always said the dumbest of things.

RedBlackAttack
02-10-2015, 01:30 AM
your free agent predictions were even better, particularly your sentiments about the probability of lebron returning to cleveland
I stand by them all.