PDA

View Full Version : If the Hawks get Ray Allen, how do you stop this lineup?

Joyner82reload
02-09-2015, 08:00 AM
They can put this team on the court

PG: Teague(#1 PG in the NBA in points in paints per 48 and #5 in ASTper48)
-he's arguably the best point guard in the NBA when it comes to creating space for shooters by penetrating the lane
SG: Ray Allen(#1 3 point shooter in NBA history)
SF: Kyle Korver(having GOAT 3 point shooting season)
PF: Paul Millsap(best player on the team who is making 1+ 3's per game)/Mike Scott(second best 3 point shooting PF in the EC)
C: Al Horford(literally the best shooting midrange player in the league outside of Dirk and HE'S A CENTER)

You have arguably the 2 greatest 3 point shooters in NBA history on the wings, a point guard that can shred up your defense, one of the best midrange players in the league, and a hyper athletic PF that can also shoot the 3.

It would be impossible IMO. You can't play box and one because you have 2 elite 3 point shooters, both of which are off the ball(unlike Golden State, which can be slowed down doing this to Thompson). You can't defend box against the stagger screen because the down screener(Millsap) is such a good roll man. You can't hedge on the shooters off of flare screens, Horford will be wide open to knock down the midrange J when he pops. Not to mention the absolute chaos that would occur with both Korver and Allen running all over the court off the ball, setting disguised screens disguised as backdoor cuts leading midrange J's for the bigs. This would just be disgusting to watch and would probably make them the title favorite(can't believe i'm saying that) if Allen can play at a high level.

The offense would be an absolute juggernaut and even remotely slowing it down would require elite off the ball defenders on the wings, mobile bigs who are excellent pick and pop defenders, and a PG strong enough to fight through screens from bigs and go under before its too late.

I guess force the ball to Korver/Allen when they're crowded on the wings and force them to dribble drive baseline? Which Allen is very underrated at doing FWIW. I would say make Teague shoot jumpers, but he would never have to when they spread the paint with Allen/Korver in the corners effectively ending up @ 3 on 3 basketball with one of the best penetrators and arguably the best pick & pop C in the NBA

Dragic4Life
02-09-2015, 08:07 AM
you a hawks fan now?:roll:

Joyner82reload
02-09-2015, 08:13 AM
you a hawks fan now?:roll:

No. However I enjoy watching basketball that is played at a very high level as a team, when I'm not watching the Oklahoma City Isolator's of course :facepalm . I felt like the Spurs reached the pinnacle of team basketball last season, but I think the Hawks with the addition of Ray Allen might even surpass that level.

Dragic4Life
02-09-2015, 08:16 AM
No. However I enjoy watching basketball that is played at a very high level as a team, when I'm not watching the Oklahoma City Isolator's of course :facepalm . I felt like the Spurs reached the pinnacle of team basketball last season, but I think the Hawks with the addition of Ray Allen might even surpass that level.
You've been a KDtard for at least 5 years and counting, gtfo with this team shit.

Joyner82reload
02-09-2015, 08:18 AM
You've been a KDtard for at least 5 years and counting, gtfo with this team shit.

So dumb you can't even read

miggyme1
02-09-2015, 08:39 AM
getting ray allen would eff up their chemistry IMO. they dont need him at all. be nice to see ray go back to milwaukee. Im sure he wants to contend for rings so that prolly wont happen. Grizz maybe

BuffaloBill
02-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Easy, just wait until the playoffs

Joyner82reload
02-09-2015, 09:02 AM

People said that same shit about the 2011 Spurs. Then they had this run

2012: Took a team that was perfectly designed to beat them(still took 6 games)
2013: Literally gave away the title after thoroughly outplaying Miami
2014: Dismantled Miami in 5 games, all wins being blowouts

And before you rant about Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili; Duncan and Ginobili were WELL past their primes these past few years. That trifecta ≈ Horford, Teague, and Korver this year. Obviously the latter 3 do not have the playoff experience as the former. But then again, noone seemed to give a fvck about the playoffs experience when they were getting knocked out by the 8th seeded Grizzlies in the 1st round.

kells333
02-09-2015, 09:02 AM
So does ray allen or korver guard kd, lebron, harden derozen and other wing scorers?

I also think the grizzlies would bully this team into submission.

Joyner82reload
02-09-2015, 09:12 AM
So does ray allen or korver guard kd, lebron, harden derozen and other wing scorers?

I also think the grizzlies would bully this team into submission.

See LeBron James 2009 ECF/Kevin Durant 2012 NBA Finals :rolleyes:
It's been proven time and time again that 1 player can't win an entire series vs an elite team, not matter how badly he's lighting up the other team.

JebronLames
02-09-2015, 09:18 AM

And before you rant about Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili; Duncan and Ginobili were WELL past their primes these past few years. That trifecta ≈ Horford, Teague, and Korver this year. Obviously the latter 3 do not have the playoff experience as the former. But then again, noone seemed to give a fvck about the playoffs experience when they were getting knocked out by the 8th seeded Grizzlies in the 1st round.
re watch game 6 of 2013 finals. Spurs got all the calls in regulation. Miami deserved that title. Karma.

GimmeThat
02-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Traction.

That would be the key to break from hybrid to pure electronic

Whether or not some technology off of awd could help provide the boost. which then, I suppose may require higher voltage.

As long as a way is found to utlize the requirement for voltage in extending the battery life, should be fine.

The key, then of course would be the old trick of updating its exterior container and what not every 3-5 years

Probably said too much here

BuffaloBill
02-09-2015, 09:21 AM

Lol comparing the Hawks to the Spurs.

I laughed reading that post

atljonesbro
02-09-2015, 10:40 AM

That point about the Grizzlies is actually quite good. Playoff experience was irrelevant. It's overrated in itself anyways. Still basketball. It's just an argument to make fans of teams that made runs still feel relevant or like tier team is in Control when they feel threatened by up and coming teams

SugarHill
02-09-2015, 10:42 AM

They've been compared to the Spurs all season by everyone. :coleman:

sportjames23
02-09-2015, 10:43 AM

Ouch. :oldlol:

Hotlantadude81
02-09-2015, 11:06 AM
They can put this team on the court

PG: Teague(#1 PG in the NBA in points in paints per 48 and #5 in ASTper48)
-he's arguably the best point guard in the NBA when it comes to creating space for shooters by penetrating the lane
SG: Ray Allen(#1 3 point shooter in NBA history)
SF: Kyle Korver(having GOAT 3 point shooting season)
PF: Paul Millsap(best player on the team who is making 1+ 3's per game)/Mike Scott(second best 3 point shooting PF in the EC)
C: Al Horford(literally the best shooting midrange player in the league outside of Dirk and HE'S A CENTER)

You have arguably the 2 greatest 3 point shooters in NBA history on the wings, a point guard that can shred up your defense, one of the best midrange players in the league, and a hyper athletic PF that can also shoot the 3.

It would be impossible IMO. You can't play box and one because you have 2 elite 3 point shooters, both of which are off the ball(unlike Golden State, which can be slowed down doing this to Thompson). You can't defend box against the stagger screen because the down screener(Millsap) is such a good roll man. You can't hedge on the shooters off of flare screens, Horford will be wide open to knock down the midrange J when he pops. Not to mention the absolute chaos that would occur with both Korver and Allen running all over the court off the ball, setting disguised screens disguised as backdoor cuts leading midrange J's for the bigs. This would just be disgusting to watch and would probably make them the title favorite(can't believe i'm saying that) if Allen can play at a high level.

The offense would be an absolute juggernaut and even remotely slowing it down would require elite off the ball defenders on the wings, mobile bigs who are excellent pick and pop defenders, and a PG strong enough to fight through screens from bigs and go under before its too late.

I guess force the ball to Korver/Allen when they're crowded on the wings and force them to dribble drive baseline? Which Allen is very underrated at doing FWIW. I would say make Teague shoot jumpers, but he would never have to when they spread the paint with Allen/Korver in the corners effectively ending up @ 3 on 3 basketball with one of the best penetrators and arguably the best pick & pop C in the NBA

Ask Memphis and New Orleans.

Hotlantadude81
02-09-2015, 11:09 AM

Yeah, I'm tired of that shit.

SA does not have to clog the paint (leaving shooters open) because they have Duncan to protect the paint. The Hawks don't have a 20PPG scoring PG... They have Kent Bazemore instead of Manu. Oh, and SA's stretch 5 Matt Bonner can actually hit 3 point shots... Unlike Pero Antic.

MrC1991
02-09-2015, 11:14 AM
I gotta admit that it feels weird that the Hawks are this good.

BuffaloBill
02-09-2015, 11:22 AM
They've been compared to the Spurs all season by everyone. :coleman:

They were doing that last season too. Similar playstyle doesn't equal similar success

ralph_i_el
02-09-2015, 11:25 AM

^this ***** can't even read

nba_55
02-09-2015, 11:33 AM

Hawks are much better than spurs this year.

Hotlantadude81
02-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Hawks are much better than spurs this year.

When they played this year the Hawks lost.

The Hawks have been one of the most healthy teams in the league this year.

This Hawk team is quickly becoming overrated.

nba_55
02-09-2015, 11:36 AM
When they played this year the Hawks lost.

The Hawks have been one of the most healthy teams in the league this year.

This Hawk team is quickly becoming overrated.
Spurs lost to pistons, does that make the pistons better than spurs? Spurs are done, thay are old and teams are figuring out their style of play.

Hotlantadude81
02-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Spurs lost to pistons, does that make the pistons better than spurs? Spurs are done, thay are old and teams are figuring out their style of play.

I remember when Detroit was going to change the league after they beat the Lakers in the finals. Same recycled load of BS here.

The Hawks have no big man.... The Spurs have Tim Duncan. The Spurs have a HOF PG... The Hawks have a PG that wouldn't make the all star team in the western conference. The Spurs have one of the best slashing 6th man ever. The Hawks have Kent Bazemore in that role. The Spurs can rebound the basketball... The Hawks are terrible at it. The Spurs have won titles... The Hawks have won nothing.

Just stop it people.

Demon Lizard
02-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Well, Carroll fits better in the line-up than Ray simply because he is currently a better player at this stage in their careers.

atljonesbro
02-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Just ignore him. He's always been a hypocritical moron. He's stated regular season games don't matter when they win, but matter when the lose. He's also stated if the Hawks lose 1 game it's all over where as other teams losing didn't matter. He has some weird fu*ked up criteria lmao.

Inb4 his sob story of "I've seen teams like this before". Lmao grow up it's a new team, new season.

Hotlantadude81
02-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Just ignore him. He's always been a hypocritical moron. He's stated regular season games don't matter when they win, but matter when the lose. He's also stated if the Hawks lose 1 game it's all over where as other teams losing didn't matter. He has some weird fu*ked up criteria lmao.

Inb4 his sob story of "I've seen teams like this before". Lmao grow up it's a new team, new season.

Look at that big long red meter you have under your name, you dumb bitch.

Obviously people want you to go away.

Go kill yourself.

Hotlantadude81
02-09-2015, 08:57 PM

All you can do is call people "tollz lol".

Your shitty banal arguments suck.

Guys like Lebron James or Duncan get the benefit of the doubt because they have won championships and they have a long record of success. They Hawks have had a great couple of MONTHS. Sorry, you don't get the benefit of the doubt from that.