https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrlLcb7zYmw

starts from 1:08

what do you think?

dazzer87
02-09-2015, 05:30 PM

starts from 1:08

what do you think?
at first i thought it was for a car commercial......

L.Kizzle
02-09-2015, 05:42 PM
I'm torn. Don't like the guy who's playing Ice Cube
His son.
:biggums:

andgar923
02-09-2015, 05:51 PM
I miss Tam's :(

T_L_P
02-09-2015, 05:57 PM
It's not gonna work, tbh.

Their 'story' isn't nearly as interesting as their talents. It's just gonna be an exaggerated tale of a bunch of dudes who make it.

Watch Hoop Dreams if you want a serious look at inner-city people trying to make it. And listen to their music if you want a real taste of N.W.A.

~primetime~
02-09-2015, 06:53 PM
I'll watch it on demand or something...slightly interested

there are probably some tidbits in there that I didn't know about them...

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-09-2015, 07:30 PM
His son.
:biggums:
Ice Cube's son is an actor?

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-09-2015, 07:31 PM
It's not gonna work, tbh.

Their 'story' isn't nearly as interesting as their talents. It's just gonna be an exaggerated tale of a bunch of dudes who make it.

Watch Hoop Dreams if you want a serious look at inner-city people trying to make it. And listen to their music if you want a real taste of N.W.A.
Show me a true story that isn't exaggerated.

~primetime~
02-09-2015, 07:32 PM
http://www.vibe.com/sites/vibe.com/files/styles/main_image/public/article_images/ice-cube-son-nwa-biopic.jpg

Cube's son already bigger than he is...

GOBB
02-09-2015, 07:36 PM
I want to check this out. Had to hide my first NWA tape from my mom.

Don't like the guy who's playing Ice Cube

How do you come to that conclusion? :rolleyes:

gigantes
02-10-2015, 01:50 AM
did i see a cameo by snoopy dogg dancing in a white tee near the end?

man this was the tune back in the day...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31FO_4d9TY

Canelo_Griffin
02-10-2015, 03:20 AM
I miss Tam's :(

The one in Paramount shits all over the Compton one tho

GOAT chillie cheese fries :bowdown:

bdreason
02-10-2015, 04:06 AM
You can't understand the impact of N.W.A. (and other rap) unless you lived it. I was a middle-class, suburban white-boy and it changed my life. I can only imagine how minorities were affected by the music. The rap album that really did it for me was The Chronic.

CeltsGarlic
02-10-2015, 04:20 AM
did i see a cameo by snoopy dogg dancing in a white tee near the end?

man this was the tune back in the day...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31FO_4d9TY

too many memories tbh :cheers:

BRabbiT
02-10-2015, 08:48 AM

looks good.

tomtucker
02-10-2015, 08:51 AM
but fans of NWA allready know the story....why would they wanna see some actors reenact what we allready know.........seems like just a cash cow :confusedshrug:...and that trailer looks ridiculous...... looks way too exaggerated, NWA was not involved with riots, and them running around with guns.........:facepalm..guess they have to exaggerate the story to sell movie tickets

~primetime~
02-10-2015, 11:17 AM
but fans of NWA allready know the story....why would they wanna see some actors reenact what we allready know.........seems like just a cash cow :confusedshrug:...and that trailer looks ridiculous...... looks way too exaggerated, NWA was not involved with riots, and them running around with guns.........:facepalm..guess they have to exaggerate the story to sell movie tickets

The gun scene is probably them fliming a video... My guess

the mesiah
02-10-2015, 02:08 PM
I think I would be more hyped up bout it if it had serious real actors like Ray,walk the Line, Ali.. Etc had..Looks to low budget for me to be looking forward to it.If it's a hot day , bored in August on Saturday in the day time I mite mite go to see it at the movies since I'm huge NWA fan ,.If not I'll just get it on bootleg.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-10-2015, 02:20 PM
You can't understand the impact of N.W.A. (and other rap) unless you lived it. I was a middle-class, suburban white-boy and it changed my life. I can only imagine how minorities were affected by the music. The rap album that really did it for me was The Chronic.
How did NWA change your life?

Nowitness
02-10-2015, 02:23 PM
I remember hearing N.W.A when they first dropped in 88. As a young black male from the streets of Compton, it empowered me. These brothers were speaking to me, made me change the way I thought and lived.

I went from taking my beatings and racial profiling as a normality and accepted reality to a solider for black power. I owe everything to N.W.A.

tomtucker
02-10-2015, 02:30 PM
The gun scene is probably them fliming a video... My guess

hope you are right.........i remember having 2 NWA t-shirts........one was black with yellow writing on the front, it said "NWA and ""suck this"....and on the back it said "**** tha police".........the other one was white and read "compton police department" on the front and then lots of printed on bullet-holes with blood oozing from them.......both front and back..:oldlol:...it was longsleeved and it said "knowledge" down one of the sleeves...impossible to even find a photo of it today......i would love to see it again

tomtucker
02-10-2015, 02:35 PM
I remember hearing N.W.A when they first dropped in 88. As a young black male from the streets of Compton, it empowered me. These brothers were speaking to me, made me change the way I thought and lived.

I went from taking my beatings and racial profiling as a normality and accepted reality to a solider for black power. I owe everything to N.W.A.

sounds like some bullshit ! ?

Shade8780
02-10-2015, 03:35 PM
As a young unprivileged African-American from the streets of Compton, the N.W.A. made a huge impact on me back in my high school years. I remember me and my homies bumping Straight Outta Compton after stealing some old guy's car like it was yesterday.

It was as if I was one of them. Those nikkas taught me how to live my life. They told me not to take shit from nobody, and whether or not it cost me years of my life, I'm proud to say I was, and still am, an N.W.A. fan. I'll be seeing this with my boys on opening day.

dazzer87
02-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Whats the over/under on gang shootings at theaters showing this movie? i say 4

Nowitness
02-10-2015, 04:12 PM
As a young unprivileged African-American from the streets of Compton, the N.W.A. made a huge impact on me back in my high school years. I remember me and my homies bumping Straight Outta Compton after stealing some old guy's car like it was yesterday.

It was as if I was one of them. Those nikkas taught me how to live my life. They told me not to take shit from nobody, and whether or not it cost me years of my life, I'm proud to say I was, and still am, an N.W.A. fan. I'll be seeing this with my boys on opening day.

Long time no speak man. Can't believe its has been over 25 years since we were bumping that ish together.

Shade8780
02-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Long time no speak man. Can't believe its has been over 25 years since we were bumping that ish together.
God damn.

That really you, NW?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii t.

rezznor
02-10-2015, 06:07 PM
I'd watch this movie if it was historically accurate

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/drepast3.jpg

~primetime~
02-10-2015, 06:12 PM
I'd watch this movie if it was historically accurate

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/drepast3.jpg
I'm sure they'll touch on World Class Wrecking Crew...

https://stonecrazydj.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cover_world_class_wreckin_cru_mission_possible_epi c_05391_1986_front-copy.jpg

MavsSuperFan
02-10-2015, 06:15 PM
I am also curious how music/art changes people's lives, never experienced it myself.

Stuff like education, business connections, friendships, love, etc obviously changes lives, but I dont understand how art changes lives. (unless of course you are the artist that made a shit ton of money off art)

bdreason
02-10-2015, 06:37 PM

I fell in love with rap/hip-hop at a very young age. Not necessarily the life they were portraying, but the attitude and the style and the art. I was always a good writer, but being able to write and perform (rap) gave me an amazing intellectual and emotional outlet. From the age of 16 I started doing live shows, and that continued throughout High School and College. My final two years in College I was part of a group that toured all over California, opening for popular underground groups like Living Legends and Hieroglyphics. The experiences I had on tour, the people I met, the women, the feeling of being on stage... are all priceless.

My love for rap/hip-hop, which started with groups like N.W.A., has most certainly changed my life in dramatic fashion. Unfortunately, I've lost a lot of my love for the genre as I've grown older. I still enjoy listening to old tracks for nostalgic reasons, but my musical preference has certainly mellowed over the years.

~primetime~
02-10-2015, 06:44 PM
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/assets_c/2010/03/NWAposseLARGE4-thumb-550x547-thumb-550x547.jpg

This pic is wow

couple Flavor-Flav clocks in there...a white boy too

The white boy has Budweiser...everyone else has Old-E

Nikola_
02-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Youtubes is slippin, nudity seen here and there:lol

i guess they dont care anymore

AlphaWolf24
02-10-2015, 07:11 PM
I fell in love with rap/hip-hop at a very young age. Not necessarily the life they were portraying, but the attitude and the style and the art. I was always a good writer, but being able to write and perform (rap) gave me an amazing intellectual and emotional outlet. From the age of 16 I started doing live shows, and that continued throughout High School and College. My final two years in College I was part of a group that toured all over California, opening for popular underground groups like Living Legends and Hieroglyphics. The experiences I had on tour, the people I met, the women, the feeling of being on stage... are all priceless.

My love for rap/hip-hop, which started with groups like N.W.A., has most certainly changed my life in dramatic fashion. Unfortunately, I've lost a lot of my love for the genre as I've grown older. I still enjoy listening to old tracks for nostalgic reasons, but my musical preference has certainly mellowed over the years.

I would also add.....it changed the music industry also....

Before NWA ....most hip hop "rap" had more of a pop / comedy/ positive/watered down message....

NWA were young ( EZE was only 15 years old) they helped change the message, and the Grimy side of life became more habitual for rappers / musicians to talk about.......

NWA took what Grandmaster Flash was saying in "the message" and turned it up for everyone to hear.....then onto the next level.

whether it was real or not....

rezznor
03-31-2015, 12:04 AM
http://dangerousminds.net/content/uploads/images/dsfsdfsd10984312_10152996916186068_225421639879963 6137_n.jpg :oldlol:

Done_And_Done
03-31-2015, 12:21 AM
I wonder if they'll incorporate the page of reality where that piece of sh1t Dre throws Dee Barnes a beat down at a party.

Mc Ren "The b1tch deserved it"

DonDadda59
03-31-2015, 12:24 AM
I'm sure they'll touch on World Class Wrecking Crew...

https://stonecrazydj.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cover_world_class_wreckin_cru_mission_possible_epi c_05391_1986_front-copy.jpg

My word...

Done_And_Done
03-31-2015, 12:33 AM
WCWC were pretty bad.

Dre was more than eager to cut ties...

Done_And_Done
03-31-2015, 12:37 AM
I would also add.....it changed the music industry also....

Before NWA ....most hip hop "rap" had more of a pop / comedy/ positive/watered down message....

NWA were young ( EZE was only 15 years old) they helped change the message, and the Grimy side of life became more habitual for rappers / musicians to talk about.......

NWA took what Grandmaster Flash was saying in "the message" and turned it up for everyone to hear.....then onto the next level.

whether it was real or not....

That's not necessarily true.

BDP, Kane, Public Enemy etc were all dropping hits which reflected their intense surroundings.

But you're absolutely right in saying that they changed the game. Eazy picking up the mic altered everything.

Hiphop as a culture/industry was centralized in various cities in the East Coast. If it wasn't from NY or whatever it wasn't getting respect. NWA forced peoole to expand their interests to artists from the West.