PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a passport?

enayes
02-10-2015, 12:38 AM
Do you have a passport?

If yes, where have you visited?

If no, do you plan on getting one and where would you like to go?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Us-passport.jpg

Le Shaqtus
02-10-2015, 01:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/D7Yk49Nl.jpg

bigkingsfan
02-10-2015, 01:05 AM
I've cruise all over the world.

J Shuttlesworth
02-10-2015, 01:14 AM
I've been to Mexico, London, Paris, and Kenya with the passport. Need to see more countries. South Africa might be next

LJJ
02-10-2015, 06:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jbuwPhR.png

Then again, living in Europe. It's easy mode. Shiiet I forgot Poland on the map.

fiddy
02-10-2015, 06:47 AM
Then again, living in Europe. It's easy mode. Shiiet I forgot Poland on the map.
No Bulgaria? :cry: You should stop for a couple of drinks sometimes.

GatorKid117
02-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Yes. Been to:

China
Hong Kong
Thailand
Korea
Japan
Indonesia
Mexico
Belize
Canada
Bahamas
Philippines (here right now). Planning on finishing up SE Asia later this year.

**** Manila though. Got my phone stolen the 1st day. Damn you athletic pants!

dunksby
02-10-2015, 07:06 AM
Asia:
Malaysia
Thailand
Singapore
Indonesia
Laos
Cambodia

Europe:
Sweden
Germany
Netherlands
France
Denmark
Norway
Spain

KobesFinger
02-10-2015, 08:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/D7Yk49Nl.jpg

Does yours say Gibraltar on it? Because mine doesn't

Lebron23
02-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Yes. Been to:

China
Hong Kong
Thailand
Korea
Japan
Indonesia
Mexico
Belize
Canada
Bahamas
Philippines (here right now). Planning on finishing up SE Asia later this year.

**** Manila though. Got my phone stolen the 1st day. Damn you athletic pants!

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Thorpesaurous
02-10-2015, 08:50 AM
I've been to Mexico, Canada, and then a run along the southern part of Europe, starting in Spain, through France, the northern part of Italy, spent a few weeks in Greece, then up to the Czech Republic. From there we took some field trips to Germany and Amsterdam, but Prague was where we stayed.

I really want to get to Egypt, China, and Russia.

rufuspaul
02-10-2015, 09:26 AM
US
Canada
Mexico
Caribbean: Jamaica, DR, Antigua, St. Thomas, Bahamas, Puerto Rico (technically part of the US)
Europe: UK, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

I'd really like to go to Scandinavia and the Pacific Rim countries.

kurple
02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
OK, lets see

Europe: Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, France, Spain, England, Gibraltar, Portugal. sure i'm forgetting some as well

rest of world: Peru, Brazil, Guadeloupe (is that considered french?), Dominica, Marocco, Egypt, Thailand, USA

was gonna go to west africa this summer, but ebola scared us

Andrew Wiggins
02-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Europe
spain
uk
ireland
russia
ukraine
poland
lithuania
sweden
denmark
iceland
norway
finland
germany
belgium
switzerland
austria
netherlands
czech republic
portugal
greece
italy
vatican
gibraltar
monaco
france
slovenia
serbia
croatia
turkey

Asia
iran
qatar
uae
hong kong
india
malaysia

Americas
usa
canada
costa rica
brazil
argentina
chile
peru

Africa
egypt
kenya
namibia
south africa
angola
senegal
morocco
tunisia
egypt
seychelles

Oceania
australia
new zealand

LJJ
02-10-2015, 10:19 AM
How did you make this one?

http://traveltip.org/countries_visited.php

I used that one.

sweggeh
02-10-2015, 10:30 AM
I heard most Americans don't have passports. No wonder they don't know shit about the world. Most Europeans have one.

kurple
02-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Europe
spain
uk
ireland
russia
ukraine
poland
lithuania
sweden
denmark
iceland
norway
finland
germany
belgium
switzerland
austria
netherlands
czech republic
portugal
greece
italy
vatican
gibraltar
monaco
france
slovenia
serbia
croatia
turkey

Asia
iran
qatar
uae
hong kong
india
malaysia

Americas
usa
canada
costa rica
brazil
argentina
chile
peru

Africa
egypt
kenya
namibia
south africa
angola
senegal
morocco
tunisia
egypt
seychelles

Oceania
australia
new zealand
impressive list!! this is closer to what i want mine to look like in a few years. what placec did you like/didnt like in africa and asia? how was senegal?

Andrew Wiggins
02-10-2015, 10:45 AM
impressive list!! this is closer to what i want mine to look like in a few years. what placec did you like/didnt like in africa and asia? how was senegal?

most of the places in asia were nice but kuala lumpur was one of the best cities i've visited. qatar is quite boring. dubai is great but be prepared to part with a lot of cash. nightlife in hong kong was great. jaipur in india was lovely.

seychelles is amazing for an island getaway. the north african countries are enjoyable, especially morocco (tunisia and algeria were meh). south africa was fun but i didn't get to see as much of the country as i would have liked since i was there during the world cup.

with the other sub saharan countries, you'll enjoy it but you only if you go with an open mind and expect you'll see some unsavoury things if you venture outside the typical tourist areas. the resort i went to in senegal was actually pretty awesome and had loads of sexy european chicks there at the time. dakar is a beautiful city. i would recommend checking it out.

rufuspaul
02-10-2015, 10:54 AM
I heard most Americans don't have passports. No wonder they don't know shit about the world. Most Europeans have one.

If you'd ever looked at a map you'd see that the U.S. is huge. You can travel thousands of miles here and never get near another country.

Lebowsky
02-10-2015, 10:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/D5dqguz.png (http://imgur.com/D5dqguz)

sweggeh
02-10-2015, 11:03 AM
If you'd ever looked at a map you'd see that the U.S. is huge. You can travel thousands of miles here and never get near another country.

Don't really know what that has to do with anything.

Velocirap31
02-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Don't you guys work or have homes to pay for? I couldn't get that much time off to go to these places and I'd rather pay down my mortgage. Well I don't prefer it, but I feel obligated to.

LJJ
02-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Don't you guys work or have homes to pay for? I couldn't get that much time off to go to these places and I'd rather pay down my mortgage. Well I don't prefer it, but I feel obligated to.

Different country different standards. 4 weeks of paid vacation plus extra vacation money is the minimum your employer has to offer you here. And while vacation is a luxury and I do appreciate my luck a lot, for 1500-2000 you can pretty much have an extended stay wherever on the planet you want to go. It's the price of a half decent Mac, I can miss it if it means going on a nice trip. I'd take the vacation over any luxury electronics or a nicer car 10 x out of 10 x.

Nowitness
02-10-2015, 01:33 PM
If any of you are interested in antiquity go to Athens. I study Ancient History at Uni at it was one of the greatest experiences. I'm not usually one to uphold/care that much about human achievement but I almost broke down in tears knowing I was probably standing (albeit on new ground) where the likes of Aristophanes, Plato or Pericles stood and created the greatest culture of all.

enayes
02-10-2015, 02:22 PM

He's saying us Americans can still "travel" without needing a passport. With that said, of course leaving the country is more of an experience but many feel that they don't have the time/money.

rufuspaul
02-10-2015, 03:18 PM

That's because you're irretrievably stupid. Let's say I live in Ohio and I want to go to a nice beach for vacation. I can drive or fly to any number of great beaches without leaving the U.S. But say I live in central Germany. I'd probably travel an equal or less distance to get to the South of France, but I'd need a passport.

rufuspaul
02-10-2015, 03:22 PM
He's saying us Americans can still "travel" without needing a passport. With that said, of course leaving the country is more of an experience but many feel that they don't have the time/money.

What he said. :oldlol:

pauk
02-11-2015, 01:19 AM
Yes, Danish & Croatian.

Been everywhere in Europe, almost.

Bosnian Sajo
02-11-2015, 02:07 AM
Europe
spain
uk
ireland
russia
ukraine
poland
lithuania
sweden
denmark
iceland
norway
finland
germany
belgium
switzerland
austria
netherlands
czech republic
portugal
greece
italy
vatican
gibraltar
monaco
france
slovenia
serbia
croatia
turkey

Asia
iran
qatar
uae
hong kong
india
malaysia

Americas
usa
canada
costa rica
brazil
argentina
chile
peru

Africa
egypt
kenya
namibia
south africa
angola
senegal
morocco
tunisia
egypt
seychelles

Oceania
australia
new zealand

Being in a country for 2 hours waiting for your connecting flight doesn't count :oldlol:

I have an American passport and I have been to:

England
Germany
Austria
Denmark
France
Italy
Switzerland
Bosnia
Croatia
Slovenia
Belgium
Sweden
Holland

Only 2 continents, I really really really wanna go and visit Turkey and UAE. Once I finish my degree, I wanna go work in Dubai, be an expat for a year or two while I'm still young and can go move to the other side of the world without worrying about leaving behind any obligations.

chips93
02-11-2015, 05:33 AM
That's because you're irretrievably stupid. Let's say I live in Ohio and I want to go to a nice beach for vacation. I can drive or fly to any number of great beaches without leaving the U.S. But say I live in central Germany. I'd probably travel an equal or less distance to get to the South of France, but I'd need a passport.

but you're not really meeting new people, or experiencing new cultures if you stay in the one country

chips93
02-11-2015, 05:35 AM
ive an irish and an american passport

ive been to france, italy, switzerland, england, netherlands, spain, america, morocco and portugal. barcelona and new york were the best cities ive been to.

dunksby
02-11-2015, 05:45 AM
ive an irish and an american passport

ive been to france, italy, switzerland, england, netherlands, spain, america, morocco and portugal. Barcelona and new york were the best cities ive been to.
Great city Barcelona, I loved Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Berlin too.

mlh1981
02-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Never left the country. I feel like such a bumpkin.

mlh1981
02-11-2015, 12:50 PM

If you live in Ohio, it is required by law to go to Hilton Head Island or Myrtle Beach. :oldlol:

rufuspaul
02-11-2015, 12:51 PM
If you live in Ohio, it is required by law to go to Hilton Head Island or Myrtle Beach. :oldlol:

:lol So true.

rufuspaul
02-11-2015, 12:53 PM
but you're not really meeting new people, or experiencing new cultures if you stay in the one country

Very true, and if you live in Europe you are very close to other cultures and traveling there and experiencing them is much more convenient and much less expensive.

enayes
02-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Never left the country. I feel like such a bumpkin.

Just read an article published in 2012 which stated that ONLY 36% of Americans even have a passport, and some of those people have probably never used them. That means at least 64% of Americans have NEVER left the country.

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 09:01 PM
Just read an article published in 2012 which stated that ONLY 36% of Americans even have a passport, and some of those people have probably never used them. That means at least 64% of Americans have NEVER left the country.

No need to leave when you already live in the best country in the world :confusedshrug:

Balla_Status
02-16-2015, 02:00 AM
The less Americans that travel the better. Keeps average joes like me feeling/looking like a celebrity when I travel to places where no Americans ever go to. Like Bulgaria for example.