PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Magic Johnson disrespecting the Lakers

IncarceratedBob
02-10-2015, 04:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwRp-rXP10

I think this dude forgot what the Buss family did for him and his career. What an unabashed piece of shit, after Dr Buss stuck with Magic after he got HIV from his gay escapades this is how Magic does him? How about throwing out some support for the franchise that made you who you are today

Thoughts?

FKAri
02-10-2015, 04:41 PM
ya phuck that phakkit.

guy
02-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Magic's analysis/opinions on TV are worthless. They were talking about the Bulls and he went on a long spiel about how Rose is being too aggressive with shots and he should just feed it to Gasol and Butler. Then SAS said he disagreed and that Rose needed to be aggressive cause that will open things up for everyone else. Magic literally just agreed with no rebuttal despite his long argument. :oldlol:

Dr Seuss
02-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Magic has always come off as a weak minded individual.

SugarHill
02-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Magic has always come off as a weak minded individual.
What a coincidence. I was thinking about Dr Seuss while reading this thread

FireDavidKahn
02-10-2015, 04:46 PM
More like the Lakers are dissing Magic by trotting out the garbage team they have.

Hey Yo
02-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Hey, Magic was the one who was crying with joy when D'Antoni was fired and his buddy Byron was hired.

Then on Dec. 9th Magic wants buddy Byron to send this message to his players.

"I hope the Lakers lose every game, because if you're going to lose, lose," said Johnson to Newsday. "I’m serious. If you're going to lose, you have to lose, because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad, to get a good (draft) pick."

That's a great message to send your players, huh???

Plus it's funny hearing Magic keep saying in the above video "we" "us" like he's still part of the organization.

Dude's a flat out idiot.

Demon Lizard
02-10-2015, 05:27 PM
This isn't anything new from Magic. He always runs his mouth like this.

mehyaM24
02-10-2015, 05:37 PM
magic is 100% correct.

jim buss doesn't know WTF he is doing. :oldlol:

lilteapot
02-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Magic is a clown. I have no respect for any thing he says.

sportjames23
02-10-2015, 05:45 PM
magic is 100% correct.

jim buss doesn't know WTF he is doing. :oldlol:

Never thought I'd agree with this fakkit, but yeah.

Magic can say what the **** he wants to. Without him, the Lakers don't win shit in the 80s and don't become the attraction they did, thus no one wanting to play in L.A. Magic put asses in seats.

Batzman
02-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Magic is typically wrong. Usually just says stuff that's already been discussed, or something beyond stupid - there really isn't much in-between.

In this case however, he's pretty much right. Magic owes nothing Jim Buss. Dr. Buss raised him. I don't get why you feel the need to bring it up anyways.

He's not allowed to be a critic? One of the best players ever just has sit back and watch his team suck and not say a word - despite having great insight to the business front of the Lakers management? When in comparison all of us here on this message board have just a twitter account and a few Insider subscriptions. Sure he says some stupid shit more than often, but this interview isn't the case.

He's right when he says Jim Buss lacks the knowledge and the experience. He's spot on when he says that Jim Buss does not take any accountability for the ill-advised decisions he's made - and how he's gone about making them. He brought in some nice talents over the years, but then surrounded them with mediocre coaching staffs because of some personal nonsense. I still can't believe Lakers got stuck with Mike Brown and Pringles running the team.

And he's completely right when he says that Jim Buss is not the man for the job. The way he runs the squad, tries to do everything himself instead of the way his father has done. It's a painful sight to see. He's also right about Kobe and his situation, aswell as Gasol.

Magic was spot on in almost everything in this interview.

Ariza4three
02-10-2015, 07:24 PM
What a coincidence. I was thinking about Dr Seuss while reading this thread
You say some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

gts
02-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Magic is a hypocrite

All last year D'Antoni sucks blah blah blah Lakers play with no heart it's all D'Antonis fault

But this year with his buddy Scott coaching to a worse record so far than MDA with a healthier roster he whines when the team wins and he has yet to say one critical thing of Byron Scott, not once

The guy has become a clown, contradicts himself at every bend in the road, I love him as a player but he's a shitty Laker fan :lol

COnDEMnED
02-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Usually he's wrong, but in this case, he's saying everything most Lakers fans have been thinking for several years. Brown was a bad decision, D'Antoni was a bad decision, Phil should have been hired as coach that one last year. Jim Buss is running the show on his own and failing miserably. They completely mishandled Pau Gasol. Magic is right.

Hey Yo
02-10-2015, 09:24 PM
Usually he's wrong, but in this case, he's saying everything most Lakers fans have been thinking for several years. Brown was a bad decision, D'Antoni was a bad decision, Phil should have been hired as coach that one last year. Jim Buss is running the show on his own and failing miserably. They completely mishandled Pau Gasol. Magic is right.
According to Jim, Dr. Buss gave the OK to hire D'Antoni.

We'll never know if that was the case or not, though.

In all honesty, do you really think that Phil would have made that much of a difference considering the circumstances??

IGOTGAME
02-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Magic is a hypocrite

All last year D'Antoni sucks blah blah blah Lakers play with no heart it's all D'Antonis fault

But this year with his buddy Scott coaching to a worse record so far than MDA with a healthier roster he whines when the team wins and he has yet to say one critical thing of Byron Scott, not once

The guy has become a clown, contradicts himself at every bend in the road, I love him as a player but he's a shitty Laker fan :lol

could it be because Mike DAntoni ran Kobe into the ground arguably causing the tear. I blame a lot of this on Nash and DAntoni.

Hey Yo
02-10-2015, 10:03 PM
could it be because Mike DAntoni ran Kobe into the ground arguably causing the tear. I blame a lot of this on Nash and DAntoni.
There's video of Kobe chuckling to the media and reporter with Kobe replying "like coach is going to tell me when to come out of the game."

Kobe ran himself into the ground while trying to achieve personal accolades.

gts
02-10-2015, 10:20 PM
According to Jim, Jeanie, Wojo, Dave Mac, Mike Trudell AND Kobe Dr. Buss gave the OK to hire D'Antoni.

We'll never know if that was the case or not, though.

In all honesty, do you really think that Phil would have made that much of a difference considering the circumstances??

Fixed part of that

And no Phil wouldn't have changed a thing

coin24
02-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Jim buss is an embarrassment.. He has no idea what he's doing.:facepalm

Magic can stfu though, go suck your sons di.ck you f@g

TheBigVeto
02-10-2015, 10:32 PM

I think this dude forgot what the Buss family did for him and his career. What an unabashed piece of shit, after Dr Buss stuck with Magic after he got HIV from his gay escapades this is how Magic does him? How about throwing out some support for the franchise that made you who you are today

Thoughts?

He has always been a frontrunner who wants to take the easy way to be successful. Nothing new here.

Kareem is the greatest Laker ever, and the best player in the 80's title teams. Magic just rode his coattails.

Mr Feeny
02-10-2015, 10:48 PM
There's video of Kobe chuckling to the media and reporter with Kobe replying "like coach is going to tell me when to come out of the game."

Exactly right. Thanks for correcting him.

JohnFreeman
02-10-2015, 10:52 PM
I hate Magic

navy
02-11-2015, 02:17 AM
I hate Magic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRfSbtCFKQ4

Magic 32
02-11-2015, 02:20 AM

Personal accolades = making the playoffs.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/eabb7bb0e8534c61e791b6221aaacc88/tumblr_mjtjadm4QL1rfduvxo1_500.gif

Mr Feeny
02-11-2015, 04:35 AM

https://38.media.tumblr.com/eabb7bb0e8534c61e791b6221aaacc88/tumblr_mjtjadm4QL1rfduvxo1_500.gif

Tbf he's spot on and you're the idiot. If Kobe shared the ball, they would have made the playoffs with a better seed AND he wouldn't have run himself into the ground resulting in his injury.

HOoopCityJones
02-11-2015, 04:39 AM
Tbf he's spot on and you're the idiot. If Kobe shared the ball, they would have made the playoffs with a better seed AND he wouldn't have run himself into the ground resulting in his injury.

In his highest statistical season for assists and he didn't pass enough?

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/throne_of_lies_elf.gif

Ariza4three
02-11-2015, 04:46 AM

Thanks for the shitty tumblr gif. You ****ing moron.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2015, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the shitty tumblr gif. You ****ing moron.
topkek

Mr Feeny
02-11-2015, 04:50 AM
In his highest statistical season for assists and he didn't pass enough?

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/throne_of_lies_elf.gifErr....yes. Look up "usage rate"

Kobe is the only guy on the planet who could mess up with Dwight Howard, Gasol, Steve Nash, and Artest all on his squad. I would have loved it if he had let Nash touch the ball:lol

HOoopCityJones
02-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Err....yes. Look up "usage rate"

Kobe is the only guy on the planet who could mess up with Dwight Howard, Gasol, Steve Nash, and Artest all on his squad. I would have loved it if he had let Nash touch the ball:lol

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LLw-V1niGNs/TktQl3Pu23I/AAAAAAAAAEg/7kXLd14Vu7c/s1600/disappointed_gif_44556.gif

Mr Feeny
02-11-2015, 05:53 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LLw-V1niGNs/TktQl3Pu23I/AAAAAAAAAEg/7kXLd14Vu7c/s1600/disappointed_gif_44556.gif

:banana:

no pun intended
02-11-2015, 06:03 AM
Magic is typically wrong. Usually just says stuff that's already been discussed, or something beyond stupid - there really isn't much in-between.

In this case however, he's pretty much right. Magic owes nothing Jim Buss. Dr. Buss raised him. I don't get why you feel the need to bring it up anyways.

He's not allowed to be a critic? One of the best players ever just has sit back and watch his team suck and not say a word - despite having great insight to the business front of the Lakers management? When in comparison all of us here on this message board have just a twitter account and a few Insider subscriptions. Sure he says some stupid shit more than often, but this interview isn't the case.

He's right when he says Jim Buss lacks the knowledge and the experience. He's spot on when he says that Jim Buss does not take any accountability for the ill-advised decisions he's made - and how he's gone about making them. He brought in some nice talents over the years, but then surrounded them with mediocre coaching staffs because of some personal nonsense. I still can't believe Lakers got stuck with Mike Brown and Pringles running the team.

And he's completely right when he says that Jim Buss is not the man for the job. The way he runs the squad, tries to do everything himself instead of the way his father has done. It's a painful sight to see. He's also right about Kobe and his situation, aswell as Gasol.

Magic was spot on in almost everything in this interview.
This.

D-Wait
02-11-2015, 07:48 AM
I like how he confuses Bogut with Bargnani at the end of this Video (13:04) :lol :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_pbWv84PA

Lebron23
02-11-2015, 08:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/o9Ba9.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ygZSd.gif

MMM
02-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Jim Buss is an idiot but what hurt the lakers was timing. In 2010-11 the Lakers looked like favs headed down the stretch but Kobe breaking down resulted in an earlier exit than anticipated. From than on they could not rebuild in the same way a lesser franchise could, but if they could have been able to acquire their next superstar during the time frame of Kobe's last few years it would have been a solid foundation of starting the next rebuild.

Unfortunately the player they targeted to be their next superstar bolted but the plan was solid and probably would have been instituted by most general managers. One thing i forgot to mention was how much harder it is for the Lakers to manage payroll in today's CBA model compared to prior CBAs. Todays model is completely set up to stifle big markets like LA so cap management has been more of a priority the last few season than before.

ImKobe
02-11-2015, 01:09 PM

Thoughts?

Dr.Buss is dead. He is not disrespecting the LAKERS, he's CALLING OUT Jim Buss for being selfish and not doing what the fans and Kobe want.

Here's the timeline of Jimbo's run as the decision maker

Phil leaves in 2011 because of Jim Buss

fans/Kobe/Mitch wanted Adelman, Jim went with Mike Brown, who actually did ok his first season (3rd in the West)
doesn't give Sessions 4-5 mil/yr and throws 1st rounders + 27m/3yr at Nash instead
Mike Brown gets axed 4 games into the season
players/fans want Phil Jackson and they go out to talk to him and give him the weekend to decide whether to accept/decline, go out the next day and sign D'Antoni :biggums:

Dwight Howard leaves and says he would have stayed if they had brought in Phil
Pau leaves next season, D'Antoni being a huge reason why
Has no plan in place, so he just throws Kobe 48.5 million to stay a Laker without waiting the season out to see if any big names want to sign there so he could ask Kobe for a paycut if someone's interested...

I mean seriously, if this guy wasn't Jeanie's brother, how long do you think he would have lasted? He's been going against the fans/players ever since he had the power to call shots and he's made so many bad moves that also seemed bad at the time he made them, except for the Dwight trade in 2012..And he's also the reason why Phil didn't come back to LA.

So many bad things could have been prevented. D'Antoni move doesn't happen and Kobe doesn't get run to the ground because Phil would never allow Kobe to do that + Dwight stays, Pau stays..Lakers would still be a Playoff team right now and would still have the flexbility to make moves if needed be...instead Kobe's pretty much done and our hope rides on the draft pick + getting some big name FAs to sign with us... :facepalm

AirBourne92
02-11-2015, 01:25 PM
how the *** is this disrespect??

he's telling the truth

you are clearly not a lakers fan

its so painful to watch the lakers these days and watching kobe having to take a punishment like that

last summer's FA strategy was the WORST of all time. they didnt learn their lesson from the whole Dwight scenario.

*** Jim Buss, this is what happens when you make it big and you spoon feed you child.

chances are they will turn out to be ******* and emotional retards

HOoopCityJones
02-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Dr.Buss is dead. He is not disrespecting the LAKERS, he's CALLING OUT Jim Buss for being selfish and not doing what the fans and Kobe want.

Here's the timeline of Jimbo's run as the decision maker

Phil leaves in 2011 because of Jim Buss

fans/Kobe/Mitch wanted Adelman, Jim went with Mike Brown, who actually did ok his first season (3rd in the West)
doesn't give Sessions 4-5 mil/yr and throws 1st rounders + 27m/3yr at Nash instead
Mike Brown gets axed 4 games into the season
players/fans want Phil Jackson and they go out to talk to him and give him the weekend to decide whether to accept/decline, go out the next day and sign D'Antoni :biggums:

Dwight Howard leaves and says he would have stayed if they had brought in Phil
Pau leaves next season, D'Antoni being a huge reason why
Has no plan in place, so he just throws Kobe 48.5 million to stay a Laker without waiting the season out to see if any big names want to sign there so he could ask Kobe for a paycut if someone's interested...

I mean seriously, if this guy wasn't Jeanie's brother, how long do you think he would have lasted? He's been going against the fans/players ever since he had the power to call shots and he's made so many bad moves that also seemed bad at the time he made them, except for the Dwight trade in 2012..And he's also the reason why Phil didn't come back to LA.

So many bad things could have been prevented. D'Antoni move doesn't happen and Kobe doesn't get run to the ground because Phil would never allow Kobe to do that + Dwight stays, Pau stays..Lakers would still be a Playoff team right now and would still have the flexbility to make moves if needed be...instead Kobe's pretty much done and our hope rides on the draft pick + getting some big name FAs to sign with us... :facepalm

Friggin A. :coleman:

gts
02-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Friggin A. :coleman:

lol except he's go a lot wrong there... but then i've always questioned if he's actually a Laker fan at all.. all he does is bash the team even when they win, I'm not the only one to notice this, he's been called out on it before

Phil quit because he had cancer... it had nothing to do with anything but his health

Aldeman said before and after the interview he only did it as a courtesy to Jerry Buss, he had already committed verbally to Minnesota

Ramon Sessions... lol yeah theres a keeper worth 4 million a year

Pau didn't leave until last summer, Lakers offered him a decent contract with a no trade clause, D'Antoni was already gone before free agency started had nothing to do with why Pau left, he wants ring and that's not a bad thing

Kobe's contract came the year before Pau left, they didn't throw money at him because Pau left

Too many independent people outside the Lakers have reported it was Dr. Buss that wanted D'Antoni for it not to be fairly close to being true

Not saying Jim Buss is perfect, far from it but the CP3 trade was brilliant, too bad Stern didn't think so

Nash was a good signing but bad luck stepped in Howard was a gamble but what did it cost them... you swing and miss sometimes lord Knows Dr. Buss had more than his fair share of horrible moves over the years..

I've followed this team for a long time and this recent rewriting of history that Dr. Buss was infallible in his tenure is a joke, he swung for the fences and he blew it a number of times

Dr Buss was the greatest owner in pro sports, I firmly believe that and maybe putting in son in charge is one of the times he blows it but I'm not going to sit here and make up stories about Jimmy and rework the timeline to make a point..

Jim Buss officially took over a team in transition during a time when the league was in transition with the new CBA i's going to take time for the Lakers to reinvent how they do business, Dr. Buss is gone but more of an impact than him passing on is that the league he was able to dominate with his wallet is gone too...

ImKobe
02-12-2015, 08:43 PM
lol except he's go a lot wrong there... but then i've always questioned if he's actually a Laker fan at all.. all he does is bash the team even when they win, I'm not the only one to notice this, he's been called out on it before

Phil quit because he had cancer... it had nothing to do with anything but his health

Aldeman said before and after the interview he only did it as a courtesy to Jerry Buss, he had already committed verbally to Minnesota

Ramon Sessions... lol yeah theres a keeper worth 4 million a year

Pau didn't leave until last summer, Lakers offered him a decent contract with a no trade clause, D'Antoni was already gone before free agency started had nothing to do with why Pau left, he wants ring and that's not a bad thing

Kobe's contract came the year before Pau left, they didn't throw money at him because Pau left

Too many independent people outside the Lakers have reported it was Dr. Buss that wanted D'Antoni for it not to be fairly close to being true

Not saying Jim Buss is perfect, far from it but the CP3 trade was brilliant, too bad Stern didn't think so

Nash was a good signing but bad luck stepped in Howard was a gamble but what did it cost them... you swing and miss sometimes lord Knows Dr. Buss had more than his fair share of horrible moves over the years..

I've followed this team for a long time and this recent rewriting of history that Dr. Buss was infallible in his tenure is a joke, he swung for the fences and he blew it a number of times

Dr Buss was the greatest owner in pro sports, I firmly believe that and maybe putting in son in charge is one of the times he blows it but I'm not going to sit here and make up stories about Jimmy and rework the timeline to make a point..

Jim Buss officially took over a team in transition during a time when the league was in transition with the new CBA i's going to take time for the Lakers to reinvent how they do business, Dr. Buss is gone but more of an impact than him passing on is that the league he was able to dominate with his wallet is gone too...

Hello, I'm here to shit on your entire post.

1) I've been a Laker fan before Kobe became a star player

2) Phil knew he had cancer during the season and told his players beforehand, it didn't stop him from coaching the team to the end of the season and he's doing well right now, travelling was an issue for him but surely they could have figured it out by having Phil coach all home games and Shaw taking his place on the road.

3) Sessions was worth the 4 mil they could have paid him, Nash's 27 mil + draft picks surely didn't pay off when he didn't even play one season's worth of games for us...Sessions wasn't as good as Nash that year, but he surely could have actually produced for us, he was decent for Charlotte the next season

4) Magic Johson himself said that Pau didn't want to return because of the disrespect D'Antoni had showed him, and he had lost faith in the Lakers FO, main part being Jim Buss, who had failed us since 2012...He didn't make the right choice to hire Phil when he had the chance, this part is debatable but what we know is that he didn't offer the bigger amount of money to stay in LA because he wanted to be on a contender..it goes back to Jim

Simple as that, Adelman might have said that afterwards, but you think any coach would turn down joining LA to coach Kobe, Bynum and Pau, when they had won b2b titles a little more than a year ago? please.

gts
02-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Hello, I'm here to shit on your entire post.

Go ahead I'll be waiting