PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen is milking the attention here - NEWSFLASH:You're not even good anymore Ray!

poido123
02-10-2015, 06:15 PM
This guy is playing these teams like he's some big free agent.

A near 40 year old who hasn't played ball all year, is somehow getting this much attention :facepalm

I wouldn't be surprised if he's waiting to see how any trades shake out before deadline.

Why should a guy be rewarded for not only sitting out half a season, but then gets to choose what contender he Wants?

Retire turtle head :no:

lilteapot
02-10-2015, 06:20 PM
I guarantee if teams like Cleveland and Atlanta weren't expressing interest he'd just retire this year. Clearly some teams are interested.

Rose'sACL
02-10-2015, 06:21 PM
did u ask the same questions when jordan came back to bulls in 95?
Teams wanted jordan and if teams want ray allen then he deserves to be on the best team that wants him like jordan.
Jordan left because of mental issues and came back to bulls in 95 because he knew he was good. Same way, if teams think that allen is still good, they will sign him.

#number6ix#
02-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Don't act like you wouldn't be excited if he signed to the Bulls

Jud
02-10-2015, 06:22 PM
He's only getting the attention cause he's RAY ALLEN

outbreak
02-10-2015, 06:24 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Ray-Allen-Twitter.jpg

LiLharvard
02-10-2015, 06:25 PM
rent free:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-10-2015, 06:25 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Ray-Allen-Twitter.jpg
:oldlol:

MP.Trey
02-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Being the greatest shooter in the history of the game (longevity means something guys, Curry's on his way) and having championship experience is worth a lot to teams. Any team he would join would have him on the court last possession of a playoff game down three. Even if the dude could barely walk, he'd have something that NBA teams would want.

Smoke117
02-10-2015, 06:31 PM
This guy is playing these teams like he's some big free agent.

A near 40 year old who hasn't played ball all year, is somehow getting this much attention :facepalm

I wouldn't be surprised if he's waiting to see how any trades shake out before deadline.

Why should a guy be rewarded for not only sitting out half a season, but then gets to choose what contender he Wants?

Retire turtle head :no:

You realize it's teams that keep CONTACTING HIM and not the other way around...right?

poido123
02-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Teams wanted jordan and if teams want ray allen then he deserves to be on the best team that wants him like jordan.
Jordan left because of mental issues and came back to bulls in 95 because he knew he was good. Same way, if teams think that allen is still good, they will sign him.

You went there with a jordan Comparison? Really?

:roll:

navy
02-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Salty.

poido123
02-10-2015, 06:37 PM
You realize it's teams that keep CONTACTING HIM and not the other way around...right?

Of course.

It's the playing It out thing that bothers me. Just make a decision and get on with it.

Ray did say he wouldn't choose a team til mid season. I mean, who sits out half a season and avoids the dirty work like That?

That also builds the attention on him. Teams have been awaiting his decision for a while now.

Just seems very self serving to me.

LiLharvard
02-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Ray Allen is a little old to be playing out a full season and he knows this.. if he did sign at the beginning of the season, a team like the cavs would limit his minutes make sure he was right for post season.
Ray is just being one smart son of a biitch here, saving his body, spending time with family and probably getting into game shape. And who knows, this might be his last nba paycheque, so why not wait it out and see who has the best offer.

JT123
02-10-2015, 06:44 PM
First time I've ever agreed with OP. Anyone who seriously watched the Heat last season knows that Ray is done. These teams looking to sign him are only doing so because of his name. I can't really think of a single contender that he would make any better.

Smoke117
02-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Of course.

It's the playing It out thing that bothers me. Just make a decision and get on with it.

Ray did say he wouldn't choose a team til mid season. I mean, who sits out half a season and avoids the dirty work like That?

That also builds the attention on him. Teams have been and waiting his decision for and waiting while now.

Someone who is 39 and played 18 seasons. He is 14th in all time regular season minutes and 24th in playoff minutes. His days of heavy lifting through the regular season are long over.

poido123
02-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Someone who is 39 and played 18 seasons. He is 14th in all time regular season minutes and 24th in playoff minutes. His days of heavy lifting through the regular season are long over.

It's an old school thing.

If you're not injured, you should play. Waiting out half a season to go on vacations and suit yourself I see to be quite disrespectful to the game.

Could you imagine if lebron took half a year off because he wanted to keep his body right and play on his play station at Home?

Of course there are exceptions, but it's the reason for sitting out that I have issues with.

Ariza4three
02-10-2015, 07:02 PM
If he signs with the Bulls OP will be slurping him tomorrow.

Done_And_Done
02-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Because he's earned the flexibility and right to do so. It's as simple as that. Whether he can tangibly contribute or not is another thing. But teams will be lining up to find out whether he can. It's a win-win, low risk move as well.

poido123
02-10-2015, 07:08 PM
If he signs with the Bulls OP will be slurping him tomorrow.

Why you following Me?

You mad jam :lol:

Ariza4three
02-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if Ray signs with CLE or ATL and then owns the Bulls in the playoffs? :oldlol:
Thread would be bumpable as ****

Rose'sACL
02-10-2015, 07:14 PM
You went there with a jordan Comparison? Really?

:roll:
tell me how i am wrong. bulls wanted jordan and if teams want allen then he will be playing for them. jordan's case was worse really because he was young and had to take time off from tier-1 pro league because of mental issues.

GrapeApe
02-10-2015, 07:22 PM
I know he wants to sign with a contender, but I'd take him back with the Heat in a heartbeat right now. Hell, if Battier wanted to come out of retirement I'd take him too.

Budadiiii
02-10-2015, 07:25 PM
He has a family to support. His son has diabetes.

It's for the money so he can pay for hookers and insulin.

Cocaine80s
02-10-2015, 07:50 PM
weird... I'm sure op was excited as **** a couple months ago when reports said Ray was leaning towards the Bulls.

what changed now? :oldlol:

Cocaine80s
02-10-2015, 07:51 PM
lmao this post is from july 2014 :roll:

Mavs reached out to him recently with a 2.7 million offer.

Because of our grind it out style, and our often close games in the playoffs, a guy like ray Allen is a player we could benefit from.

One or two big shots here and there could be the difference between winning or losing.

Joyner82reload
02-10-2015, 07:53 PM
The guy single handedly won an NBA championship less than a year and a half ago, now you're calling him washed up?

HomieWeMajor
02-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Ray's just sitting back on South beach, nailing his wife's sweet ass every night and stringing along some teams. Good life.

Hey Yo
02-10-2015, 07:58 PM
The guy single handedly won an NBA championship less than a year and a half ago, now you're calling him washed up?
:biggums:

poido123
02-10-2015, 07:59 PM

I never said the bulls shouldn't sign him if he's available. We have a dire need for good shooters.

I just disagree with players taking half a season off for shitty reasons. Imo, being old is not an excuse, the NBA expects you to play if you're healthy.

poido123
02-10-2015, 08:00 PM

I never said the bulls shouldn't sign him if he's available. We have a dire need for good shooters.

I just disagree with players taking half a season off for shitty reasons.

Imo, being old is not an excuse, the NBA expects you to play if you're healthy. Ray has not only chose to wait on his terms, but he's also stringing his decision out way too long.

Cocaine80s
02-10-2015, 08:02 PM

I just disagree with players taking half a season off for shitty reasons.

Imo, being old is not an excuse, the NBA expects you to play if you're healthy. Ray has not only chose to wait on his terms, but he's also stringing his decision out way too long.
Either way, its not like he'd even play that much until the playoffs

He'd be like Mike Miller right now on the Cavs

24-Inch_Chrome
02-10-2015, 08:03 PM
It's an old school thing.

If you're not injured, you should play. Waiting out half a season to go on vacations and suit yourself I see to be quite disrespectful to the game.

Could you imagine if lebron took half a year off because he wanted to keep his body right and play on his play station at Home?

Of course there are exceptions, but it's the reason for sitting out that I have issues with.

I agree, particularly with the first point, if you can walk you can play.

Him postponing his decision just draws out what shouldn't really be that much of a story in the first place.

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2015, 08:06 PM

oh shit :roll: :roll:

plowking
02-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Not even a year ago OP was one of the people saying he was still the best 3 point shooter and on one of the most stacked teams of all time.

Now Ray isn't good, and the Heat I'm sure have all these other excuses as to why they aren't and won't get to 50 wins this season, like all the other Bron haters predicted.

poido123
02-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Either way, its not like he'd even play that much until the playoffs

He'd be like Mike Miller right now on the Cavs

Perhaps he's gathering intelligence from the contenders and using it against them when he eventually signs with the Cavs?

:lol

But seriously, he will be a cav. Let's get this over with.

poido123
02-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Not even a year ago OP was one of the people saying he was still the best 3 point shooter and on one of the most stacked teams of all time.

Now Ray isn't good, and the Heat I'm sure have all these other excuses as to why they aren't and won't get to 50 wins this season, like all the other Bron haters predicted.

Not even a year ago, you were a Heat fan.

What? :oldlol:

Ray is still a good shooter nothing more. Only hit a career saving 3 for Le queen, but I guess you don't care about that anymore, now that you are a Hawks fan :lol

plowking
02-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Not even a year ago, you were a Heat fan.

What? :oldlol:

Ray is still a good shooter nothing more. Only hit a career saving 3 for Le queen, but I guess you don't care about that anymore, now that you are a Hawks fan :lol

I'm a reasonable fan who always saw faults in his team, and knew right away we weren't close to being the most stacked team of all time.

Outside of the Hawk fan joke, do you have a reasonable explanation as to how Ray sucks now as compared to say 6 months ago? Or how the Heat crumbled for some weird reason, despite yourself and countless others penciling in 50 wins?

Hey Yo
02-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Of course.

That also builds the attention on him. Teams have been awaiting his decision for a while now.

MJ came back with 17 games left in the season after realizing he couldn't be the next Bo Jackson.

poido123
02-10-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm a reasonable fan who always saw faults in his team, and knew right away we weren't close to being the most stacked team of all time.

Outside of the Hawk fan joke, do you have a reasonable explanation as to how Ray sucks now as compared to say 6 months ago? Or how the Heat crumbled for some weird reason, despite yourself and countless others penciling in 50 wins?

Time Out of the game, particularly when you're around 40 will make you slower and less able to stay in front of your man on defense.

I said he wasn't "GOOD" anymore, implying that he has lost a step and can no longer carry an offense, nor defend to an average standard. The Heat Allen still had elite shooting and below average defense. What do you think he is Now? With 6 months out of the game and another year Older?

Don't underestimate the time off the court and age, that is a big factor in all this. It will be most telling on defense.

As for your point about Lebron leaving, heat struggling. I put that down to two factors.

1. Lebron was an integral part of that machine working, you cant just take the best player in the game out and expect the team to be the same. He does a bit of everything.

2. Wade being injured this year hurts the heat more now, than when lebron was there. With wade missing games this year, heat have insufficient offense to win basketball games.

So, my conclusion is that the Heat are not better off without LeBron, they just are sorely missing that extra offense. Let's not get carried away with "Lebron's greatness" narrative.

Prime_Shaq
02-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Clutch shooting + championship experience is never a bad thing, just don't play him alot of minutes. Heck, Derek Fisher started on those back to back Lakers championship and all he had to do was not completely fk up the first 3 quarters and take the last shot

poido123
02-10-2015, 08:35 PM
MJ came back with 17 games left in the season after realizing he couldn't be the next Bo Jackson.

He wasn't sitting out to rest up his old legs and go on vacation with the family.

Context.

gts
02-10-2015, 08:54 PM

Can somebody link me to the dumbest things said on ISH thread please

poido123
02-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Can somebody link me to the dumbest things said on ISH thread please

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239468

Bigsmoke
02-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Ray should just retire :confusedshrug:

why got 2 championships, most 3 pointers in NBA history, 20,000+ points, and about to be 40 in July and still feel like something is missing?

go retire and have fun Allen

jbryan1984
02-10-2015, 09:07 PM
As a Cavs fan I dont feel we need him. We've won 13 out of last 14 or whatever it is. Why dismiss the chemistry? I know that's why smith still starts and shump off the bench when you would think it be the other way around. Hawks can have him. Id rather have another big. But if LeBron wants him, he will come.

nba_55
02-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Time Out of the game, particularly when you're around 40 will make you slower and less able to stay in front of your man on defense.

I said he wasn't "GOOD" anymore, implying that he has lost a step and can no longer carry an offense, nor defend to an average standard. The Heat Allen still had elite shooting and below average defense. What do you think he is Now? With 6 months out of the game and another year Older?

Don't underestimate the time off the court and age, that is a big factor in all this. It will be most telling on defense.

As for your point about Lebron leaving, heat struggling. I put that down to two factors.

1. Lebron was an integral part of that machine working, you cant just take the best player in the game out and expect the team to be the same. He does a bit of everything.

2. Wade being injured this year hurts the heat more now, than when lebron was there. With wade missing games this year, heat have insufficient offense to win basketball games.

So, my conclusion is that the Heat are not better off without LeBron, they just are sorely missing that extra offense. Let's not get carried away with "Lebron's greatness" narrative.

Basically all your bitching is based on pure speculation. You speculate that he will suck because he took time off, but you can't know for sure especially when you don't even know what exactly he's been doing for the past 6 months.

poido123
02-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Basically all your bitching is based on pure speculation. You speculate that he will suck because he took time off, but you can't know for sure especially when you don't even know what exactly he's been doing for the past 6 months.

Off court training/exercising does not replicate NBA games.

Next.

nba_55
02-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Off court training/exercising does not replicate NBA games.

Next.

It's still a speculation , and we all know how great you are with speculations: ''Mr. Richard Hamilton is the piece the Bulls need to beat Heat this year.He is the 2nd option on offense Rose need ''.
And you have a history of bitching about everything little thing that involves Lebron, let's be real, this bitching also have to do with Lebron, you are scared that Ray could make Cavs even better.

poido123
02-10-2015, 09:54 PM
It's still a speculation , and we all know how great you are with speculations: ''Mr. Richard Hamilton is the piece the Bulls need to beat Heat this year.He is the 2nd option on offense Rose need ''.
And you have a history of bitching about everything little thing that involves Lebron, let's be real, this bitching also have to do with Lebron, you are scared that Ray could make Cavs even better.

That isn't my quote. Nice try.

B.tch about Lebron or dislike him? I dislike him plain and simple.

I'm probably wasting my time with an Alt here, I'll save my energy.

Next.

nba_55
02-10-2015, 09:59 PM
That isn't my quote. Nice try.

B.tch about Lebron or dislike him? I dislike him plain and simple.

I'm probably wasting my time with an Alt here, I'll save my energy.

Next.

It's the not the exact quote, but you were saying Hamilton was the answer :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Anyway, you're an idiot.

FLDFSU
02-10-2015, 10:19 PM

The OP has constantly revealed his stupidity whenever he posts.

poido123
02-10-2015, 10:22 PM
The OP has constantly revealed his stupidity whenever he posts.

Don't you get tired of operating multiple accounts?

FLDFSU
02-10-2015, 10:22 PM

That would require that he actual score in game 7, which he did not. Heck, he didn't even score in OT in game 6?

Are you referring to Allen's lock down defense?

Killbot
02-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Ray should just retire :confusedshrug:

why got 2 championships, most 3 pointers in NBA history, 20,000+ points, and about to be 40 in July and still feel like something is missing?

go retire and have fun Allen
3k 3-pters. Such a shame he didn't sign with a team earlier.

Lebron23
02-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Cavaliers don't need him. They already have Jesus Smith.

Lebron23
02-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Current Ray is also a terrible defender. The Cavaliers already have plenty of 3 points shooter in the lineup. (James Jones, Mike Miller and JR Smith.)

chips93
02-11-2015, 08:10 AM

vets who have earned the respect of the league.

teams know hes a professional, and that hes old. So playing games early that dont matter will only wear down his body, but teams know that when he shows up he will give it 100%.

Jasper
02-11-2015, 12:35 PM
With everything we do , there are loop holes.
I think the OP has a point about why this is even happening- the NBA created this loop hole , and players of age are taking advantage of this as well as teams.

If you feel as a team one additional piece could take you over the hump and put you in the ring series , your going for it.

It isn't Allen is going to drop 30 points in a ring game and win it for you.

It's what he creates for other teammates to open the floor and score.
his threat , and scoring 9 points is like a dagger to a defense that could ultimately win a series.

I for one , feel that the NBA should close the loophole , and force players to be part of the playoff picture , prior to Feb.

Granted the season is long , but fresh legs with a short season , going against a team that has played all year is in some regards 'not fair'

DMV2
02-11-2015, 04:41 PM
I bet he's still good enough to save LeBron's ass again.

Demon Lizard
02-11-2015, 06:15 PM
I liked Ray back in the day, but going to the Celtics and winning seemed to have ruined him. He is poop.