PDA

View Full Version : End of an Era? Nets big four last game together?

niko
02-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Nets play Memphis tonight. If they get waxed (which is possible considering they are on back to back, Memphis is not, and Memphis is an uber beast) very possible trades are coming, with Deron/JJ/Brook on block and Garnett possibly to be offered a buyout.

So this is very possibly the last time Billy King's mess takes the floor together.

AussieG
02-10-2015, 09:28 PM
27-11 with 2 to go in the first..

How can a team with so many big names be so crap.. :confusedshrug:

CJ Mustard
02-10-2015, 09:35 PM
:yaohappy: Big 4.

AussieG
02-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Feel sorry for Hollins he deserves better. 0 Grizz turnovers in first quarter.. that Nets D tho..

Thunderfan86
02-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Brook Lopez to the OKC Thunder for Perkins, Lamb/Jones and a bag of chips! :cheers:

coin24
02-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Big 4?:oldlol: Big disaster

niko
02-10-2015, 09:49 PM
This is basically a scrimmage. I don't get Hollin's rotations. This Jefferson guy is athletic but he can't play basketball, so with him and Plumlee in there the spacing is non existant and the Nets can't score.It makes no sense.

strike
02-10-2015, 09:54 PM
How long has d will been coming off the bench??.

Also joe johnson contract is an utter abomination

SouBeachTalents
02-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Some era that "big 4" had

Eric Cartman
02-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Big 4? More like, Big Eyesore.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/16c3f1cb2e180b249072e65ae3d264ac/tumblr_mf3cquf6Gc1qzjuf9o1_400.gif

supernova5912
02-11-2015, 12:29 AM
How can a team with so many big names be so crap.. :confusedshrug:

1. Deron Williams was a system player under Jerry Sloan who has regressed quickly since being re-signed in the 2012 offseason. The Nets shouldn't have traded for him in the first place and built through the draft instead of trading two first round picks (#3 pick Enes Kanter in 2011, #6 pick Damian Lilliard in 2012).

2. Joe Johnson was already 31 years old with 4 more years on his contract, when he was dealt to the Nets in the 2012 offseason. I'm not sure what the Nets were thinking in trading for an overpaid perennial All-Star with almost $90 million on his contract.

3. They gave up three 1st round picks for two regressing starters in Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Again, I'm not sure why they traded for two old players no longer elite. Now, Pierce is gone to a playoffs team while the Nets are looking like they'll miss the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference.

4. Brook Lopez is a player that hasn't utilized the incredible talent he has. Lionel Hollins said "“He needs to be better defensively, he needs to be better rebounding, he needs to be better passing the ball to his teammates.’" He's also quite injury-prone.

oh the horror
02-11-2015, 12:33 AM
That franchise is in completely disarray. How does Billy King still have a job?

tpols
02-11-2015, 12:37 AM
1. Deron Williams was a system player under Jerry Sloan who has regressed quickly since being re-signed in the 2012 offseason. The Nets shouldn't have traded for him in the first place and built through the draft instead of trading two first round picks (#3 pick Enes Kanter in 2011, #6 pick Damian Lilliard in 2012).

2. Joe Johnson was already 31 years old with 4 more years on his contract, when he was dealt to the Nets in the 2012 offseason. I'm not sure what the Nets were thinking in trading for an overpaid perennial All-Star with almost $90 million on his contract.

3. They gave up three 1st round picks for two regressing starters in Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Again, I'm not sure why they traded for two old players no longer elite. Now, Pierce is gone to a playoffs team while the Nets are looking like they'll miss the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference.

4. Brook Lopez is a player that hasn't utilized the incredible talent he has. Lionel Hollins said "“He needs to be better defensively, he needs to be better rebounding, he needs to be better passing the ball to his teammates.’" He's also quite injury-prone.

You can blame this all on a dumbass Russian owner that thought buying an NBA championship would be as easy as buying an election or a group of Russian hookers.

Smook A.
02-11-2015, 12:37 AM
What era? :lol

gts
02-11-2015, 12:39 AM
What era? :lol

not all eras are good eras but they are still eras :lol

Such high hopes for Nets fans when mr pocket full of change rolled into town but now they see there's more to winning than throwing money around

tpols
02-11-2015, 12:43 AM
Also Brook Lopez doesn't have great talent.. Being a great passer, or rebounder, or defender IS a talent.

Everyone thinks you can mold a great scorer into ANYTHING. That's not true. It's just as hard to teach a super hustler rebounder some post moves as it is a great post scorer how to hustle for rebounds. You can't turn Brook Lopez into Reggie Evans even with Bill Russell coaching.. Sorry. Retarded way of looking at players.

The JKidd Kid
02-11-2015, 12:51 AM
I can't wait until the day that I don't have to be disappointed by Deron Williams anymore. Sadly he's the most likely person to stay on the team.

Graviton
02-11-2015, 12:56 AM
I can't wait until the day that I don't have to be disappointed by Deron Williams anymore. Sadly he's the most likely person to stay on the team.
Remember 2 years ago you said Deron was better than Westbrook, was gonna lead the Nets and dominate? :lol

supernova5912
02-11-2015, 12:57 AM
Also Brook Lopez doesn't have great talent.. Being a great passer, or rebounder, or defender IS a talent.

Everyone thinks you can mold a great scorer into ANYTHING. That's not true. It's just as hard to teach a super hustler rebounder some post moves as it is a great post scorer how to hustle for rebounds. You can't turn Brook Lopez into Reggie Evans even with Bill Russell coaching.. Sorry. Retarded way of looking at players.

I never said he had great talent. I said he never utilized his offensive talent to its fullest potential. He can clearly be a better rebounder than he is now. I legitimately think Brook Lopez once had the potential to average 25/9 on 57+ TS%.

tpols
02-11-2015, 01:11 AM
I never said he had great talent. I said he never utilized his offensive talent to its fullest potential. He can clearly be a better rebounder than he is now. I legitimately think Brook Lopez once had the potential to average 25/9 on 57+ TS%.

I've watched a lot of Brook Lopez and I disagree man.. He's slow as shit.. And generally unaware. Most great rebounders are quick and have great reflexes and awareness. Brook doesn't have those traits.. He has a soft right hand touch that allows him to score and block shots righty here and there. That's his only real talent.