PDA

View Full Version : Shots fired: Morey with fatality on Charles Barkley

Darius
02-11-2015, 12:46 AM
Daryl Morey ✔ @dmorey
Follow
Best part of being at a TNT game live is it is easy to avoid Charles spewing misinformed biased vitriol disguised as entertainment
8:42 PM - 10 Feb 2015
1,015 RETWEETS 817 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

Finally someone calls this old doofus out. He doesn't know what he's talking about 75% of the time.

oh the horror
02-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Why that response though?

kennethgriffin
02-11-2015, 12:57 AM
charles barkley is only doing what hes paid to do

same as stephen a smith and skip bayless

same as henry abbott and anyone else in entertainment

trolling gets ratings. its why theyre the most talked about. its why they get paid the big bucks.

Demon Lizard
02-11-2015, 01:02 AM

trolling gets ratings. its why theyre the most talked about. its why they get paid the big bucks.

This.

Lexington Steel
02-11-2015, 01:08 AM

Now we know why you say the stupid shit you do.

Dat capitalism.

Eric Cartman
02-11-2015, 01:13 AM
Cares more about 50 Shades of Grey than the Rockets.

sportjames23
02-11-2015, 01:54 AM
Chuck livin rent free in Morey's head.

navy
02-11-2015, 02:03 AM

Dat capitalism.
:applause:

The_Pharcyde
02-11-2015, 02:04 AM
I used to like Morey but he annoys me now.

what other GM would say garbage like this, especially to a former rocket like barkley, even though he was out of his prime he gave them some real solid years and made the WCF in 1998

morey is mad because he knows his ultimate fate is like chucks when it comes to the titles

rezznor
02-11-2015, 02:09 AM
I used to like Morey but he annoys me now.

what other GM would say garbage like this, especially to a former rocket like barkley, even though he was out of his prime he gave them some real solid years and made the WCF in 1998

morey is mad because he knows his ultimate fate is like chucks when it comes to the titles
there's more to it then that. barkley has hated the rockets ever since he left, that's why he has all ways trashes them. he's in a money dispute with alexander.

i do agree that morey should just take the high road and stay off twitter though

JebronLames
02-11-2015, 02:20 AM
Barkley is smarter than Kenny smith

HurricaneKid
02-11-2015, 02:37 AM
The rebuttal from Chuck was a joke. Ended by saying Memphis wasn't analytic. Which doesn't make any sense grammatically and couldn't possibly be farther from the truth in a literal definition.

rezznor
02-11-2015, 02:37 AM
The rebuttal from Chuck was a joke. Ended by saying Memphis wasn't analytic. Which doesn't make any sense grammatically and couldn't possibly be farther from the truth in a literal definition.
what did he say?

sundizz
02-11-2015, 05:06 AM
Charles is right and very wrong.

In the NBA, talent determines championships and contenders. Kobe Bryant is Kobe Bryant. You aren't going to win without those players...and you rarely need analytics to figure out who they are.

However, for non superstars analytics help a ton. It helps scouts and teams assess which players would better complement their stars.

It could be the difference between a poorly designed team that is the 9th seed, and a 5th seeded team that has the outside chance of winning the title. That is the true difference of analytics (given money spent, contracts etc, all held equal).

R.I.P.
02-11-2015, 05:26 AM

In the NBA, talent determines championships and contenders. Kobe Bryant is Kobe Bryant. You aren't going to win without those players...and you rarely need analytics to figure out who they are.

However, for non superstars analytics help a ton. It helps scouts and teams assess which players would better complement their stars.

It could be the difference between a poorly designed team that is the 9th seed, and a 5th seeded team that has the outside chance of winning the title. That is the true difference of analytics (given money spent, contracts etc, all held equal).

It

el_locoteee
02-11-2015, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]It

AirFederer
02-11-2015, 06:27 AM

Dat capitalism.
:roll:

josh99
02-11-2015, 06:49 AM

It's also about game planning against the opposing team. E.g what plays do they run most, what are the tendencies of their superstar, what players are more likely to shoot from what positions etc.

Collie
02-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Talent is the number one thing. Without talent, you aren't winning shit. Even teams like last year's Spurs and the 2000's Pistons were LOADED with talent.

Now analytics, that's how you choose which talents fit the best, and how you best utilize those talents. The Spurs organization saw that, with the age of their stars and the wide collection of diverse talents their team had, their best bet was maximizing the team's strengths. That's where analytics comes in.

So Barkley isn't wrong. Talent IS numero uno. But you need analytics as well to maximize those talents.

R.I.P.
02-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Unless you watch every minute play of every player and don't mix up memory and get influence with your own bias, analytics will help you, stats are not perfect but you eye and brain are worse.

Teams have dozens of scouts that do nothing else, but watch tape. Shooting percentage is heavily influenced by so many factors that have nothing to do with your true shooting ability. Rondo had a higher mid range FG% than Dirk Nowitzki for a few years. Does that mean he

R.I.P.
02-11-2015, 07:01 AM
It's also about game planning against the opposing team. E.g what plays do they run most, what are the tendencies of their superstar, what players are more likely to shoot from what positions etc.

And how do we know what tendencies a guy has? Somebody watched the film and wrote it down. So it

KevinNYC
02-11-2015, 10:38 AM
The Mavericks won their championship using analytics. Yes, the talent on the floor came through, but the coach also used like a dozen lineups throughout the playoff run depending on who they were playing. This was all based off the insights the data gave them.

ralph_i_el
02-11-2015, 10:39 AM
O-o-o-overkill

MiseryCityTexas
02-11-2015, 12:32 PM

Charles Barkley also be lowkey hating on the Rockets when he do it. I rarely ever see him say anything positive about the Rockets on national television.

brantonli
02-11-2015, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Teams have dozens of scouts that do nothing else, but watch tape. Shooting percentage is heavily influenced by so many factors that have nothing to do with your true shooting ability. Rondo had a higher mid range FG% than Dirk Nowitzki for a few years. Does that mean he

UK2K
02-11-2015, 03:21 PM
. "They're not a good defensive team. They gave up 118 points. No good team gives up 118 points." - Barkley

Golden State 116
Atlanta Hawks 124

GOBB
02-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Spewing misinformed bias vitriol? Yeah Morey is a nerd :oldlol:

Cold soul
02-12-2015, 12:27 PM

Yup all networks want viewers to tune in and watch makes them more money.

imdaman99
02-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Charles Barkley also be lowkey hating on the Rockets when he do it. I rarely ever see him say anything positive about the Rockets on national television.
What is the list of teams Barkley hates? Does anyone else know? I never listen to him because I got tired of his Knick hatred.

Knicks
Rockets
?

I'm sure there's more, the man is a tv troll.

DJ Leon Smith
02-12-2015, 12:34 PM

Dat capitalism.

Except those guys get paid.

kennethgriffin does it for free.

No capitalism here.

Cold soul
02-12-2015, 12:38 PM
What is the list of teams Barkley hates? Does anyone else know? I never listen to him because I got tired of his Knick hatred.

Knicks
Rockets
?

I'm sure there's more, the man is a tv troll.

Charles Barkley is a fat, ringless loser that says crazy things to get attention, he hates on Clippers and Lakers geez I wonder why.. The guy never won anything but acts like he's god gift to basketball when he opens up his fat mouth. I can't wait until the day he is off TNT for good amazing HOF player but terrible basketball analyst.