PDA

View Full Version : *Trade rumours and trade discussion thread* NBA Trade Deadline Feb 19th

poido123
02-11-2015, 03:00 AM
A thread for all collective discussion regarding trade rumors and trades.

Hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes with a thread already made, but I couldn't see one so...

Bulls reportedly have Gibson on the block, Nuggets looking for first round pick Chandler/Afflalo.

Discuss. :cheers:

dontgetchoked
02-11-2015, 03:59 AM
i like chandler and afflalo. probably chandler more so jimmy can play more sg and he and dunleavy can play the 3. Gerald green in phoenix would be nice too. I have to admit, i dont know much about Chandler, other than he goes off against the bulls like everytime we play them. we really need another 3 point shooter on the wing.

Prime_Shaq
02-11-2015, 05:42 AM
Clips should make a play for Chandler

El Kabong
02-11-2015, 06:05 AM
Clips should make a play for Chandler
With what?

poido123
02-11-2015, 06:54 AM
With what?

They would have to give up a piece to get him. Something that is totally counterproductive.

I don't know exactly what the clippers need, but there's something wrong with that team come playoffs. Is it heart or Leadership? Who k nows...

poido123
02-11-2015, 06:59 AM
i like chandler and afflalo. probably chandler more so jimmy can play more sg and he and dunleavy can play the 3. Gerald green in phoenix would be nice too. I have to admit, i dont know much about Chandler, other than he goes off against the bulls like everytime we play them. we really need another 3 point shooter on the wing.

Right on man.

After watching chandler play today, he is exactly what we need. A guy who can hit a 3, great athleticism, break a guy off the dribble and finish, and an average defender.

Plus he's on the books for next year on a cap friendly contract.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-11-2015, 07:03 AM
Honestly i want the Raps to trade valanciunas for a center upgrade while his perceived value is still high. I would kill to get Cousins but i just don't see what we have that the Kings would want.

poido123
02-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Honestly i want the Raps to trade valanciunas for a center upgrade while his perceived value is still high. I would kill to get Cousins but i just don't see what we have that the Kings would want.

Keep JV.

Get more front court help.

Use ross and picks to get that help. Ross is pretty one dimensional and definitely trade bait.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Keep JV.

Get more front court help.

Use ross and picks to get that help. Ross is pretty one dimensional and definitely trade bait.

I'm 100% open to trading Ross as well. I'd trade them both and picks for a true impactful center.

poido123
02-11-2015, 07:17 AM
I'm 100% open to trading Ross as well. I'd trade them both and picks for a true impactful center.

As a threat to my Bulls team, there's nothing more that scares me than the Raptors getting legit front court depth.

You have a decent GM, so that could very well happen.

Pushxx
02-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Rumor has it Chris Brown's girl cheated on him with Drake. Oh trade rumors?

Yeah...the Celtics need more draft picks. Anybody want Marcus Thornton?

poido123
02-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Rumor has it Chris Brown's girl cheated on him with Drake. Oh trade rumors?

Yeah...the Celtics need more draft picks. Anybody want Marcus Thornton?

I'd be down for acquiring chandler and Thornton for bench spark.

:rockon:

Lebron23
02-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Dallas Mavericks and Golden State Warriors would definitely have some interest in Ama're Stoudemire.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/10/report-warriors-would-definitely-have-some-interest-in-amare-stoudemire/

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12291689/dallas-mavericks-frontrunners-sign-amare-stoudemire-new-york-knicks-opts-pursue-buyout

Haymaker
02-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Dallas Mavericks and Golden State Warriors would definitely have some interest in Ama're Stoudemire.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/10/report-warriors-would-definitely-have-some-interest-in-amare-stoudemire/

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12291689/dallas-mavericks-frontrunners-sign-amare-stoudemire-new-york-knicks-opts-pursue-buyout

Why the Warriors? David Lee isn't worse than Amare offensively and both of them suck at defense.

poido123
02-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Why the Warriors? David Lee isn't worse than Amare offensively and both of them suck at defense.

You could play stat as a backup centre. Insurance for bogut.

QuebecBaller
02-11-2015, 08:52 AM

The Kings would agree to trade Cousins for Big V if the Raptors accept to take back Gay :lol

Velocirap31
02-11-2015, 09:52 AM

**** NO

barkleynash
02-11-2015, 10:14 AM
saw somebody mention this trade possibility.

Raps send Ross, handsbrough and some kind of a draft pick for Wes Matthews.

Ross is from Portland, and still has pretty good upside.

Mathews could start alongside Derozen and provide the consistent shooting they need.

Magic731
02-11-2015, 10:49 AM
You could play stat as a backup centre. Insurance for bogut.
Speights does this better than Amare could.

StephHamann
02-11-2015, 10:50 AM
So will the Knicks release Amare? The Mavs need big guys

kurple
02-11-2015, 11:16 AM
a deal between the nuggets and bulls just makes too much sense

i'd also love to make a trade with the raptors to get that 2016 knicks pick back

kurple
02-11-2015, 11:17 AM
saw somebody mention this trade possibility.

Raps send Ross, handsbrough and some kind of a draft pick for Wes Matthews.

Ross is from Portland, and still has pretty good upside.

Mathews could start alongside Derozen and provide the consistent shooting they need.
pretty sure portland wants to keep Wes. also pretty sure he wants to stay there

Demon Lizard
02-11-2015, 11:40 AM
I want Portland to land Chandler from the Nuggets.

goldcrow
02-11-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm hoping the Mavs get both Stat and Jermaine O'Neal to add to that really poor frontcourt, just witnessed DeAndre Jordan eat them alive at the boards :facepalm

Stat would work well in the PnR game with Rondo or even Parsons. JO is also a decent big who could play at least 15-20 minutes a night if his conditioning is back. Both are injury prone but Mavs have good history with vets and keeping them healthy. Do it Cubes. :rockon:

Demon Lizard
02-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Apparently Portland is also in talks with the Nuggets about Afflalo.

Demon Lizard
02-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Nuggets organization don't like Faried apparently. Any chance of a Batum + a 1st rounder for Faried and Chandler?

Miles and Miles
02-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Cousins won't be traded so you can stop with the fantasy trades.

Nice to see that Thorton has once again worn out his welcome with another team. He was hard to watch in Sacramento.

kwajo
02-11-2015, 04:10 PM
**** NO
I agree, the Raps would be crazy to trade JV right now unless it's part of some kind of highway robbery from another team. To trade away a 22 year old centre with a big frame, has shown improvement every season, and is producing at a higher rate than all but a handful of starting centres in the league for anything less than a superstar is foolish. The poster who said trading Ross makes more sense is right, he has been terrible for the Raps this year and yet still has the "potential" label and the memories of the 51 point game to keep his value high. Trade Ross + filler for a SF or PF upgrade, that's the team's best move other than holding onto the roster until the Summer.

Levity
02-11-2015, 04:10 PM
With Steven Adams out 4+ weeks, im surprised we havent seen many JHill to thunder ideas/rumors. There was that cryptic tweet from Ish Smith saying he'd become a laker, but that was the end of all that. Hill should be healthy again in a week or so.

kenny817
02-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Nuggets organization don't like Faried apparently. Any chance of a Batum + a 1st rounder for Faried and Chandler?

Smh

I wouldn't trade a stray dog for Batum

And I hate stray dogs

kurple
02-11-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm hoping the Mavs get both Stat and Jermaine O'Neal to add to that really poor frontcourt, just witnessed DeAndre Jordan eat them alive at the boards :facepalm

Stat would work well in the PnR game with Rondo or even Parsons. JO is also a decent big who could play at least 15-20 minutes a night if his conditioning is back. Both are injury prone but Mavs have good history with vets and keeping them healthy. Do it Cubes. :rockon:
STAT and JO aint saving no frontcourt in 2015

kurple
02-11-2015, 05:38 PM
throw McCullum as well and you got a deal

batum has been pretty bad, and the pick wont be that good. especially once Portland goes on a streak with Faried and Chandler

Faried would literally be the perfect backup to LMA. And Chandler this season > Batum

Cone
02-11-2015, 05:40 PM
STAT and JO aint saving no frontcourt in 2015

Really now? They will be back ups, and are still decent players, especially Amar'e. The Mavs back ups are Greg Smith, and Dwight Powell.. Amar'e and JO are huge improvements. That means Tyson and Dirk can rest without Dallas getting destroyed on the glass.

Mavs will get much better if they are able to sign both.

kurple
02-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Smh

I wouldn't trade a stray dog for Batum

And I hate stray dogs
its actually not that bad a trade. just need something to sweeten the deal. another future first or a prospect (McCollum)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-11-2015, 06:18 PM
why in the world will Portland want Faried when they want to sign LMA & R lopez to extension this summer?

Nugget fans u r stuck with Faried. enjoy him next 4 yrs

Pushxx
02-11-2015, 06:34 PM

Nice to see that Thorton has once again worn out his welcome with another team. He was hard to watch in Sacramento.

I've got no problem with Thornton's effort or play even. He's fine. It's just a veteran sharpshooter role-player isn't needed on a building team.

kurple
02-11-2015, 06:40 PM
why in the world will Portland want Faried when they want to sign LMA & R lopez to extension this summer?

Nugget fans u r stuck with Faried. enjoy him next 4 yrs
lol, faried isnt trash. we're not "stuck" with him

i just wish we would move him to the bench. the should be a 6th man candidate year in year out

LiLharvard
02-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Kevin Martin to Wizards

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-11-2015, 06:43 PM
lol, faried isnt trash. we're not "stuck" with him

i just wish we would move him to the bench. the should be a 6th man candidate year in year out

hehe 12m/yr for 6th men. good luck

MMM
02-11-2015, 06:47 PM

He hasn't worn out his welcome at all but if the C's are tanking then it makes sense moving him and bass

Thunderfan86
02-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Any rumors to report guys? Preferably about the OKC Thunder. :confusedshrug:

navy
02-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Thunder are open to trading everyone who isnt KD, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Adams. Cant seem to find good trades yet.

Nets like what they see in Mitch McGary. Might have to give him up to get Lopez.

PacerRaptor
02-16-2015, 08:41 PM
There's rumors that the Raps are interested in David West. I believe the Pacers want Ross and maybe more in return.

poido123
02-16-2015, 08:41 PM

http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/2/16/8044265/alex-kennedy-nets-thunder-may-trade-with-thunder

in that article, shows tweets that OKC and nets are the most aggressive in trade talks.

Also mentions Presti interest in Lopez has remained.

Thunderfan86
02-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Thunder are open to trading everyone who isnt KD, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Adams. Cant seem to find good trades yet.

Nets like what they see in Mitch McGary. Might have to give him up to get Lopez.
Inexpensive injury prone player > Expensive injury prone player

Thunderfan86
02-16-2015, 08:47 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/2/16/8044265/alex-kennedy-nets-thunder-may-trade-with-thunder

in that article, shows tweets that OKC and nets are the most aggressive in trade talks.

Also mentions Presti interest in Lopez has remained.
Thanks for the info/link. You too Navy. :cheers:

poido123
02-16-2015, 08:48 PM
There's rumors that the Raps are interested in David West. I believe the Pacers want Ross and maybe more in return.

That could make the Raptors straight up legit.

Front court depth is their main weakness. West will fit nicely in that team imo

Thunderfan86
02-16-2015, 11:45 PM
I getting so fvcking restless man. No games, no trades, no nothing :banghead:

:facepalm

SwishSquared
02-17-2015, 07:23 PM
Via Jeff Zillgitt:
"A player the Magic are willing to deal for mininmal return, I'm told, is forward Moe Harkless, whose minutes have dropped each season w/ORL"

I think he's got one more year on his rookie deal. Previously Magic were asking a first for him. Wonder if a mid-to-late second would get it done. Some team should take a shot on him to see what he's got, right?

Levity
02-17-2015, 07:36 PM
I'd take him on the lakers. he has defensive potential and is still so young. we have a boatload of expirers, if thats why ORL is willing to take.

Thunderfan86
02-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Still waiting :facepalm

Thunderfan86
02-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Less than 19 hours left. I expect to see some type of movement later tonight and the grand finale tomorrow as we get closer to deadline. I'll be glad when it's over so we can get back to the regularly scheduled program.

qrich
02-18-2015, 09:51 PM
Crawford will be gone soon :cry:

Thunderfan86
02-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Crawford will be gone soon :cry:
Who are they in discussions with?

qrich
02-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Who are they in discussions with?

Nothing major has been revealed, but speculated they are looking to get a first to get Afflalo, maybe Chandler. Apparently, if that fails, they will send him to Phoenix for Miles Plumlee and Gerald Green.

Thunderfan86
02-19-2015, 04:49 AM
Still waiting :facepalm
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/59012789.jpg