PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Jordan just stay in Chicago instead of going to Washington?

russwest0
02-11-2015, 06:50 AM
It's not like the Bulls did anything meaningful for the rest of the time he was in the league, so why weren't they able to make it work out with Jordan and have him finish his career in Chicago?

deja vu
02-11-2015, 06:51 AM
Reinsdorf.

russwest0
02-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Reinsdorf.

So what happened there? Did the guy have some sort of reason to not want to keep Jordan and have him finish his career in Chicago or something?

RoundMoundOfReb
02-11-2015, 07:05 AM
He was a part owner of the Wizards. It wouldn't have been allowed for him to play for another team.

russwest0
02-11-2015, 07:19 AM
He was a part owner of the Wizards. It wouldn't have been allowed for him to play for another team.

So he basically just didn't care about finishing his career up with one team or anything like that and thought that the Wizards were going to be his future?

RoundMoundOfReb
02-11-2015, 07:22 AM
So he basically just didn't care about finishing his career up with one team or anything like that and thought that the Wizards were going to be his future?
he was retired for like 3 full years before he came back. he became the Wizards part owner in like 2000 so when he wanted to come back in 2001 he came back with them...I dont really think he had a "future" as in his team wasn't going to contend and he was only going to play for a couple of years.

sdot_thadon
02-11-2015, 10:16 AM
He could have went to chi, he didn't want to. Remember he had to get rid of his stake in the wiz before they allowed him to return.

chocolatethunder
02-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Where do you people come up with this bullshit? He had to sell his interest in the team in order to play for the Wizards. He could have played for any team he wanted to.

Dro
02-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Reinsdorf.
Krause.....

beastee
02-11-2015, 10:50 AM
knew his skills were slightly diminished and didn't want to taint his legacy. His time on the Bulls was GOAT, his wizards time was just an older dude not wanting to let go.

Demon Lizard
02-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Jordan did it before Obama :bowdown:

chocolatethunder
02-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Jordan did it before Obama :bowdown:
And neither did a very good job of running things there.

kurple
02-11-2015, 12:16 PM
And neither did a very good job of running things there.
obama did/does

Dro
02-11-2015, 12:25 PM
obama did/does
:lol

Demon Lizard
02-11-2015, 12:29 PM
:lol

It is true. The economy is higher than it ever was under Bush. Way less troops are overseas. Huge improvements in social justice issues. And we got Osama.

He didn't do anything directly regarding this next part, but marijuana has started to be passed in stats under his watch. So at least no veto in that area.

guy
02-11-2015, 12:50 PM

This is without a doubt one of the most overrated things in sports. Today, no one cares that Jordan, Malone, Hakeem, Ewing, Emmitt, Montana, Rice, etc. didn't finish their career with one team.

Roundball_Rock
02-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Where do you people come up with this bullshit? He had to sell his interest in the team in order to play for the Wizards. He could have played for any team he wanted to.

He made the move on the belief that he could return to being the team's GM after he retired. He still envisioned himself as a Wizard for the long term, even if it did not play out that way.

ralph_i_el
02-11-2015, 01:33 PM
It is true. The economy is higher than it ever was under Bush. Way less troops are overseas. Huge improvements in social justice issues. And we got Osama.

He didn't do anything directly regarding this next part, but marijuana has started to be passed in stats under his watch. So at least no veto in that area.

yeah, i don't know if you remember what happened at the start of Bush's term....some folks flew two planes into the center of American commerce and kinda shit on the economy for a while. Then there was the subprime mortgage crisis at the end of his terms (the conditions for which were set into motion long before he was president)

If you watched his state of the union he wants to send troops back to Iraq.

The "economy" (I assume you mean stock market) will naturally get higher with time. It's called inflation. Nearly every president had a point where "The stock market is at it's highest point ever!!!!OMG!!!"

social justice issues :rolleyes: What has Obama done for "social justice"?

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2015, 02:28 PM
He could have went to chi, he didn't want to..
Because of his beef with management and Reinsdorf. Of course MJ would've wanted to GM the Bulls but at the time management was too egotistical, idiotic and alienating to keep the games greatest player in house. Too much relationship damage between all parties. Don't act like it was an issue of loyalty. Which is what you're hinting.

chocolatethunder
02-11-2015, 02:30 PM
He made the move on the belief that he could return to being the team's GM after he retired. He still envisioned himself as a Wizard for the long term, even if it did not play out that way.
You're missing the point. I wasn't talking about what his intent was, i was explaining that the person who said "He was a part owner of the Wizards it wouldn't have been allowed for him to play for another team" was totally uninformed and that Jordan was forced to divest his interest in the team to be able to play basketball again and wasn't restricted to just Washington.

chocolatethunder
02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
obama did/does
Hold on a second. I am a liberal and I voted for Obama twice but I am totally unhappy with what he's done. He's been far too centrist and not liberal enough. He has managed to continue to be a war monger just like Bush and create and pass a health care bill that totally sucks and doesn't do enough to help anyone. It was full of pork and it's bullshit. He inherited a poor economy and it hasn't improved enough under him. And don't give me some fake ass unemployment numbers that don't take into account the underemployed. His tenure has been a total disappointment and has proven to be more of the same that we've had in Washington. I voted for change and I got George Bush dressed like Obama.

chocolatethunder
02-11-2015, 02:39 PM

Yes of course he has managed to order airstrikes in 7 Muslim countries. What good has it done us or the world for that matter? Very little I assure you. What harm has it done us and the rest of the world? A great deal I assure you.

What else did he do? Increased the 30,000 troops in Afghanistan to 90,000 when he took office. 328 drone strike zones in Pakistan under Obama. Get a clue pal.

jstern
02-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Because he wanted to help his team (present and future), the team he was involved with on a daily basis, the Wizard's. Else he wouldn't have come back.

The question sounds so naive and simplistic, like a child that can't comprehend more than a simplistic view of things. Not meant as an offense.

Jailblazers7
02-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Krause pretty much burned every bridge on that '98 Bulls team.

russwest0
02-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Because he wanted to help his team (present and future), the team he was involved with on a daily basis, the Wizard's. Else he wouldn't have come back.

The question sounds so naive and simplistic, like a child that can't comprehend more than a simplistic view of things. Not meant as an offense.

So why did he become involved with the Wizards instead of the Bulls later in his career? :hammerhead:

Imagine Duncan being interested in becoming an owner/management member once he's done with the NBA. Then imagine him doing it for the Bucks or some shit franchise instead of the Spurs. It'd make no sense.

jstern
02-11-2015, 03:20 PM
So why did he become involved with the Wizards instead of the Bulls later in his career? :hammerhead:

Imagine Duncan being interested in becoming an owner/management member once he's done with the NBA. Then imagine him doing it for the Bucks or some shit franchise instead of the Spurs. It'd make no sense.

Not if he can't simply pick and choose where he can be an owner, president, etc.

chocolatethunder
02-11-2015, 03:52 PM

Are you joking? I'm not really sure what you're angle here is but maybe you weren't alive when this was going on. Jerry Krause was a prick and Jordan wanted nothing to do with him. There's no mystery hidden in this story. Anyone who watched basketball at the time knows what went down.

oarabbus
02-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Hold on a second. I am a liberal and I voted for Obama twice but I am totally unhappy with what he's done. He's been far too centrist and not liberal enough. He has managed to continue to be a war monger just like Bush and create and pass a health care bill that totally sucks and doesn't do enough to help anyone. It was full of pork and it's bullshit. He inherited a poor economy and it hasn't improved enough under him. And don't give me some fake ass unemployment numbers that don't take into account the underemployed. His tenure has been a total disappointment and has proven to be more of the same that we've had in Washington. I voted for change and I got George Bush dressed like Obama.

:applause:

This is spot on, especially the last bit. Had Obama acted throughout the entire presidency the way he has begun to recently, maybe we'd be telling a different story. Taking his entire tenure into context though, he is really just George W version 2.0.

chocolatethunder
02-11-2015, 04:14 PM
:applause:

This is spot on, especially the last bit. Had Obama acted throughout the entire presidency the way he has begun to recently, maybe we'd be telling a different story. Taking his entire tenure into context though, he is really just George W version 2.0.
This happens in every president's second term it's because they don't have to worry about reelection so they just do what they want finally.

Spurs m8
02-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Obama was never going to be much different to Bush once he got in as they're run by the same people.

Dro
02-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Obama was never going to be much different to Bush once he got in as they're run by the same people.
This.......

buddha
02-11-2015, 07:30 PM
I just wish Bush had a third term so he could have finally gotten around to Bushcare.

Funnyfuka
02-11-2015, 07:52 PM
lol at anyone still believing in politics lol . megacorporations and medias lead and finance politicians. The rich strong, lead the weak , poor. Always will be the same.