PDA

View Full Version : Is it realistic to expect the Cavs to win it all this year?

All Net
02-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Or is it simply too soon? They have far better pieces than they did at the start of the year. A rim protector, defender and good shooter in JR to go along with the big 3 of course. Should people expect them to get it done in year 1 or is next year more realistic?

Can they beat Spurs, Warriors,Grizzles, hawks in a series?

RoundMoundOfReb
02-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Only if you think LeBron is GOAT is it reasonable.

El Kabong
02-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Yes, if LeBron is as good as people say he is. I'd expect them to make the NBA Finals at a minimum.

lilteapot
02-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Yes, if LeBron is as good as people say he is. I'd expect them to make the NBA Finals at a minimum.
Amazing how even 11 years into his career people are still questioning if he's as great as everyone says he is. You have to have not watched basketball at all the past 5 years to not think so.

keep-itreal
02-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Only team that can beat the Cavs is the Hawks.

Hawks doesn't have a superstar player so Cavs might just win it all. The eastern conference is pathetically weak this season

KembaWalker
02-11-2015, 08:43 AM
No, they may make finals but the team coming out of the West would beat them

Bron stans should hope they don't make finals, 2/6 looks ugly

Lebron23
02-11-2015, 08:47 AM
They beat the Hawk in conference finals. I also like their chances against the Warriors.

HOoopCityJones
02-11-2015, 08:50 AM
I think only two outta the Top Five Teams in the East have a chance at beating the Cavs in a series. ATL and a fully healthy Heat squad. (I'm serious)

I don't think the Bulls are ready.

dunksby
02-11-2015, 08:56 AM
I'd give them the edge over the Warriors and the Rockets and a reasonable chance against the Spurs while taking the Grizzlies over Cavs. Within the East they have the edge over everyone save for the Hawks, against which they have a reasonable chance.
Conclusion: It's reasonable to expect them to have a deep run and eventually win it.

El Kabong
02-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Amazing how even 11 years into his career people are still questioning if he's as great as everyone says he is. You have to have not watched basketball at all the past 5 years to not think so.
Never said he wasn't great, but if he's GOAT like so many of his fans say than he shouldn't have any issues taking the Cavs to the NBA Finals.

Lebron23
02-11-2015, 09:06 AM
I'd give them the edge over the Warriors and the Rockets and a reasonable chance against the Spurs while taking the Grizzlies over Cavs. Within the East they have the edge over everyone save for the Hawks, against which they have a reasonable chance.
Conclusion: It's reasonable to expect them to have a deep run and eventually win it.

Memphis have a good front court. Gasol and Z-bo migh abuse Love and Mozgov in a best of 7 series.

Quickening
02-11-2015, 09:16 AM

dat logic that its better to lose earlier.

Real Men Wear Green
02-11-2015, 09:26 AM
I don't think their defense is good enough but they have LeBron James plus two other guys that are among the best at their position so high expectations are absolutely fair. The best player in the league always has championship expectations.

dunksby
02-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Memphis have a good front court. Gasol and Z-bo migh abuse Love and Mozgov in a best of 7 series.
Which is why I'm taking Memphis over CLE :confusedshrug:

El Gato Negro
02-11-2015, 09:50 AM
They went all in with this roster so yes, however they have a much better chance next year one would think. Bringing in three more players with playoff experience helped. Either way as a cavs fan, this roster>watching the kids the last 3 years.

MMM
02-11-2015, 09:53 AM

problem i have with this is almost anyone can come out the west.

if one or two top teams get knocked out early than a it opens the path to the finals to a weaker team that might not necessarily match up with the Cavs. For example if Portland, Houston or LAC get to the finals then the Cavs probably should be favourites headed into those series while probably would be underdogs vs. Memphis, SAS, etc

2/6 is a knock against Bron but not coming out of an all time weak east is just as bad

SugarHill
02-11-2015, 09:53 AM

Losing in the finals is worse than losing before the finals :applause: :bowdown:

KembaWalker
02-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Losing in the finals is worse than losing before the finals :applause: :bowdown:

I know it's not, it was sarcasm to all the stans who use that logic :roll:

raprap
02-11-2015, 10:21 AM
Absolutely. East is weak aside from the Hawks and Bulls although I can see the Wizards giving them a problem. West is such a toss up right now. It's all about match ups.

SugarHill
02-11-2015, 10:32 AM
I know it's not, it was sarcasm to all the stans who use that logic :roll:
someone argued 6/6 in the Finals is better than 7/9 once

dead serious

DukeDelonte13
02-11-2015, 10:44 AM
i don't think so. I think they have an outside shot but it will be a major uphill battle against teams like Chicago, Memphis, and the Spurs.

Blatt has never coached a 7 game series before.

A reasonable expectation is a deep playoff run, maybe to the ECF or the Finals.

beastee
02-11-2015, 10:48 AM
stacked. no excuses.

greatest-ever
02-11-2015, 01:32 PM
I would say not this year, they still need more time to gel together and Love and Kyrie have 0 playoff experience. I don't think you can win it all when 2 of your 3 best players have never played a single playoff game.

I like their chances next year though.

Edit: If the Cavs don't at least make the Ecf, i think there will be some serious changes in the summer.

greatest-ever
02-11-2015, 01:34 PM
i don't think so. I think they have an outside shot but it will be a major uphill battle against teams like Chicago, Memphis, and the Spurs.

Blatt has never coached a 7 game series before.

A reasonable expectation is a deep playoff run, maybe to the ECF or the Finals.
The Bulls are overrated and i don't see how the Spurs get through the West this year.

The teams the Cavs should worry mostly about are the Hawks, Grizz and Warriors. They would probably beat any other team.

russwest0
02-11-2015, 01:36 PM
They wouldn't beat the Warriors, Grizzlies, or Hawks in a series with fair officiating. So yes, I expect the Cavs to win it all this year.

Prime_Shaq
02-11-2015, 01:49 PM
I would definitely expect them to. Traded their entire future to win now. LeBron James is still at the very least top 3 player in the league and you know he turns it on in the playoffs. Anything less than a championship should be a failure.

FLDFSU
02-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Never said he wasn't great, but if he's GOAT like so many of his fans say than he shouldn't have any issues taking the Cavs to the NBA Finals.

You mean a Cavs team that won 33 games "in the weakest conference of all time" and is something like 2-8 without James in the line-up?

And why are the Heat not favored to win a series against the Cavs? We do have 2 superstars...

Keno
02-11-2015, 05:47 PM
lebron and the cavs are the underdogs again, so winning it all this year will put him at the goat spot.

HurricaneKid
02-11-2015, 05:52 PM
I think only two outta the Top Five Teams in the East have a chance at beating the Cavs in a series. ATL and a fully healthy Heat squad. (I'm serious)

I don't think the Bulls are ready.

Well Miami probably won't make the playoffs so I'm sure LeBron will be relieved that such a dangerous team didn't even make the playoffs in the worst conference the NBA has ever seen.

But sure, Miami.

nzahir
02-11-2015, 06:03 PM

Lol this is the worst type of reasoning. So its better to lose in the 1st or second round? :facepalm
95% of people on this forum have no idea about basketball

Twiens
02-11-2015, 06:03 PM
You mean a Cavs team that won 33 games "in the weakest conference of all time" and is something like 2-8 without James in the line-up?

And why are the Heat not favored to win a series against the Cavs? We do have 2 superstars...

...and the Cavs have 3, dumbass :oldlol:

TylerOO
02-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Lol heat wouldn't stand a chance vs the Cavs. **** outta here with that bullshit

BuffaloBill
02-11-2015, 06:40 PM
lebron and the cavs are the underdogs again, so winning it all this year will put him at the goat spot.

Lol

Hey Yo
02-11-2015, 06:43 PM
...and the Cavs have 3, dumbass :oldlol:
Kevin Love is putting up superstar numbers?

When has he ever been considered a superstar?

Doranku
02-11-2015, 06:44 PM
The Cavs are stacked and play in the East, so obviously it's realistic.

Hey Yo
02-11-2015, 06:58 PM
The first 2 links below currently have Cavs as the odds on favorites. The last one has GS as the favorite.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

http://www.oddsshark.com/nba/nba-futures

http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betting/basketball-futures.jsp

TheMan
02-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Stacked ass team, if the Cavs don't win it all this year then it's just one more reason LeBron isn't sniffing top five GOAT status.

Cocaine80s
02-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Stacked ass team, if the Cavs don't win it all this year then it's just one more reason LeBron isn't sniffing top five GOAT status.
So if he wins this year he is top 5?

ShawkFactory
02-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Well they have the best player in the game and a stacked team...so yea, it's realistic...

sportjames23
02-11-2015, 07:19 PM
no excuses

DukeDelonte13
02-11-2015, 07:22 PM

17 and 10 on a team with Kyrie averaging 22 ppg and Lebron averaging 26 ppg. not shabby.

Droid101
02-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Uh, last year when he put up numbers that haven't been seen in a very very long time with a winning record.

Are you ever right about anything?

Lexington Steel
02-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Excuses? None.

alenleomessi
02-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Lol at realistic.. they are the f*cking favorites

Cavs 3/1
Warriors 18/5
Hawks 7/1
Spurs 8/1
Bulls 12/1
Grizzlies 12/1

FatComputerNerd
02-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Realistic, yes.

An expected given, no.

The league is stacked w/ good teams.

Hey Yo
02-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Uh, last year when he put up numbers that haven't been seen in a very very long time with a winning record.

Are you ever right about anything?
Last year wasn't even his best season.

Minnesota finished 40-42

Anything else you wanna be wrong about?

Hey Yo
02-11-2015, 07:50 PM
17 and 10 on a team with Kyrie averaging 22 ppg and Lebron averaging 26 ppg. not shabby.
I completely agree.

But we both know those aren't superstar numbers, though.

Prime_Shaq
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM
I completely agree.

But we both know those aren't superstar numbers, though.
17/10 as the 3rd option though... teams would kill to have him as their 3rd option

FLDFSU
02-11-2015, 09:19 PM

Don't say anything to them. Love was never considered a superstar...Bosh and Wade though...were considered superstars until the moment Lebron left.

TheMan
02-11-2015, 09:34 PM
So if he wins this year he is top 5?
He'd have 3 chips like Bird, and especially if he gets FMVP, yeah he'd have an argument for top 5, along with dudes like Shaq and TDuncan. OTOH, no chip this year and it's another letdown with that stacked ass team he has.