PDA

View Full Version : Celtics just beat the Hawks

MMM
02-11-2015, 10:58 PM
They were down double digits and struggled to shoot over .250 from the field but were able to hang tough and steal one. The Celtics currently lack relevency but they have been playing solid basketball of late so can they sneak into the playoffs if they continue their recent treand???

You Cant Ban Me
02-11-2015, 11:00 PM
5 points after being named a all-star....Kyle Korver BRING THAT ASS HERE BOY and you suppose to be the most important player on the hawks..FFFFFFAWK YOU MEAN

24-Inch_Chrome
02-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Shit, I thought you were joking until I checked the box scores...damn.

beastee
02-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Wow. Jeff Teague and Korver with another set of amazing performances. Finally coming back down to earth. This bandwagon is about to get a lot smaller.

Hotlantadude81
02-11-2015, 11:04 PM
They were down double digits and struggled to shoot over .250 from the field but were able to hang tough and steal one. The Celtics currently lack relevency but they have been playing solid basketball of late so can they sneak into the playoffs if they continue their recent treand???

But... But... They got 4 all stars!:roll: :roll: :roll:

I started rooting for Boston with about 3 minutes to go.

BuffaloBill
02-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Blow it up

Cowboy Thunder
02-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Three more days until russwest is off the hawks bandwagon

How did Marcus Smart play 2nite?

FreezingTsmoove
02-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Another year the 96 bulls wont be matched

4 all stars...WHERE THEY AT THO

MMM
02-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Three more days until russwest is off the hawks bandwagon

How did Marcus Smart play 2nite?

He was off with his shot most the night but did hit a big shot down the stretch or two. Seems like his decision making skills have improve as he gaining more pg experience

Milbuck
02-11-2015, 11:16 PM
4 all stars...WHERE THEY AT THO
The Hawks getting 4 all stars was retarded the day it was announced and it's still retarded. Team success matters but at some point we have to acknowledge the difference between talent-reliant teams like OKC and teams like the Hawks that are built on brilliant coaching and teamwork. We might as well let coach Bud play.

The Bucks jumping from 15 wins last year to being on pace for 46 wins this year and getting zero all stars is nothing short of laughable.

TylerOO
02-11-2015, 11:19 PM
5 points after being named a all-star....Kyle Korver BRING THAT ASS HERE BOY and you suppose to be the most important player on the hawks..FFFFFFAWK YOU MEAN

Never. Again.

KembaWalker
02-11-2015, 11:22 PM
Meanwhile B Knight dropped a cool 20/5/5, crazy Korver got picked over him

JGXEN
02-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Boston has a shiat calibre squad but at least they play hard out there to compensate for the difference in talent. Proud to be a C's fan:applause: :applause:

T_L_P
02-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Very surprising, I must say.

Where the Hawks fans at? :oldlol:

Milbuck
02-11-2015, 11:27 PM
Meanwhile B Knight dropped a cool 20/5/5, crazy Korver got picked over him
Korver is a glorified role player that benefits from elite coaching and an elite system. You put the dude on a team like the the Magic this year before they fired Vaughn, and he's completely irrelevant this year and doesn't sniff all star consideration. Rewarding Hawks players just for the sake of rewarding Hawks players is ****ing stupid. Team success doesn't automatically trump talent just because it's a good story. Knight might have his dumb moments on our team but as an individual talent he's far more deserving of an AS selection than Korver.

atljonesbro
02-11-2015, 11:28 PM
This team needs a break and Pero needs to be cut right away. He is flat out useless

Hotlantadude81
02-11-2015, 11:45 PM
This team needs a break and Pero needs to be cut right away. He is flat out useless

Yeah, they've played tons more games than everyone else.

That Thabo injury sure hit hard. You're bound to start dropping games when you lose a top notch player like him.

fsvr54
02-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Not a big deal.

beastee
02-11-2015, 11:50 PM
That Thabo injury sure hit hard. You're bound to start dropping games when you lose a top notch player like him.
:biggums:

KG215
02-11-2015, 11:56 PM
How the hell did this happen? I checked the score at one point and the Hawks were up by 20ish.

Hotlantadude81
:biggums:

They said they traded Payne because they couldn't find playing time for him... Not enough playing time at the PF/C spots.

Maybe it's time to find playing time for all of those good big men.

Hotlantadude81
Not a big deal.

4 L's in 7 games.

fsvr54
02-12-2015, 12:04 AM
4 L's in 7 games.

3 losses

Just a subpar stretch before the all star game, they're tired and you can't win every game

Still 43-11, keep hating

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 12:12 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199603100NYK.html

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:13 AM
Ah I figured Hotlantadude would be rearing his hideously ugly head in here tonight. Nowhere to be found after the Minny game but here he is.

Bad loss tonight, I'll admit it, but kudos to the Celtics for sticking it out.

I guess I'll chalk this one up to our guys looking ahead to All-Star weekend :rockon:

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:15 AM
Ah I figured Hotlantadude would be rearing his hideously ugly head in here tonight. Nowhere to be found after the Minny game but here he is.

Bad loss tonight, I'll admit it, but kudos to the Celtics for sticking it out.

I guess I'll chalk this one up to our guys looking ahead to All-Star weekend :rockon:

I've been here after plenty of wins. If I don't show up after everyone game the "He is never here when we win" crap comes out.

The win against Minny wasn't all that impressive.

You will chalk up to that because you want to ignore reality.

Legends66NBA7
02-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Atlanta was going to have a rough patch too and have one of these games.

:confusedshrug:

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:18 AM
I've been here after plenty of wins. If I don't show up after everyone game the "He is never here when we win" crap comes out.

The win against Minny wasn't all that impressive.

Of course a Minny win is never all that impressive, but a single loss to the Celtics isn't something to throw a white flag at.

We're 43-11 heading into the break, if you're complaining about that then you're, well, you're Hotlantadude :cheers:

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Atlanta was going to have a rough patch too and have one of these games.

:confusedshrug:

They've already had these games.... One against the Hornets... One against the Lakers.... One against Orlando and one against the Bucks.

They've been playing like crap for about 3 weeks.

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:20 AM
Of course a Minny win is never all that impressive, but a single loss to the Celtics isn't something to throw a white flag at.

We're 43-11 heading into the break, if you're complaining about that then you're, well, you're Hotlantadude :cheers:

3 losses in the last 4 road games.

Indiana was great the all star break last year.

Legends66NBA7
02-12-2015, 12:21 AM
They've already had these games.... One against the Hornets... One against the Lakers.... One against Orlando and one against the Bucks.

Meant after the 19 game win streak.

The way they were playing wasn't go to be sustainable and eventually it's hard to string together a long streak again.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:21 AM

We've lost 3 out of our last 25 games. What exactly is your idea of 'crap'?

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:23 AM

And they've played like shit in many others.

But hey, you just want to ignore that this team is coming back down to earth. Ignore it as long as you can.

atljonesbro
02-12-2015, 12:23 AM
He's a troll. Just trying to get a reaction.

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 12:25 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/197203220CLE.html

and oh BTW..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/197203100LAL.html

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:26 AM

You don't know what you're talking about... But then again, you never did before.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:27 AM

He's not any ordinary troll, he's a mega-troll that has spent the past 7 years on the treadmill getting ready to troll my brains out when we finally got past it.

Honestly I think he's not just trolling, he's got to be some sort of escaped mental patient. Maybe a deranged escaped Knicks fan who moved down here and could never express himself. Maybe he was a big Braves fan driven mad by decades of playoff failures.

I don't know what Hotlantadude is, I just know I need to spread around some more reputation before I can neg him again.

Milbuck
02-12-2015, 12:27 AM

One of these is not like the other.

Bucks are 2.5 games behind having HCA and 3 games off the 3rd seed.

atljonesbro
02-12-2015, 12:28 AM

and oh BTW..

According to Hotlantadude they have no chance at winning the finals. The season was over then and there

Hotlantadude81

and oh BTW..

I suppose you think that you're proving a point by this.

Those were great teams with great players. This is a team that played over it's head for 2 months. If you can't understand the difference... Well, you might be delusional.

I just shut your attempt to make a point down.

Hotlantadude81
One of these is not like the other.

Bucks are 2.5 games behind having HCA and 3 games off the 3rd seed.

They were 50-50 at the time.

Legends66NBA7
02-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Maybe a deranged escaped Knicks fan who moved down here and could never express himself.

Could have sworn this was about Real14 for a second.

Graviton
02-12-2015, 12:30 AM
One loss and the haters roll in, just wait for the playoff domination.

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 12:30 AM

Those were great teams with great players. This is a team that played over it's head for 2 months. If you can't understand the difference... Well, you might be delusional.

I'm supposed to believe that a 43-11 record is some kind of a fluke?

fsvr54
02-12-2015, 12:32 AM

I just shut your attempt to make a point down.

False

This is a really good team, you're just going to have to deal with it

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:32 AM
I'm supposed to believe that a 43-11 record is some kind of a fluke?

Look at what happened to Indiana last year.

This team does not have Gail Goodrich or Wilt. It has Al Horford and Jeff Teague.

Who wouldn't even be all stars in the western conference.

This team is not going to fall out of the playoffs, but they overachieved.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:33 AM
Could have sworn this was about Real14 for a second.

He's too smart, he really is. I mean I get his arguments. I can understand thinking we're just a bunch of role players in a great system playing over our heads. I think all rational Hawks fans have that fear somewhere inside us.

He was on board with us for a minute though. Don't think I don't remember. A moment of clarity before he got back on, (off?) the pills and sunk back into his unrelenting hatred of Atlanta sports ever achieving success.

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 12:34 AM

This team does not have Gail Goodrich or Wilt. It has Al Horford and Jeff Teague.

I think they are something like 15-4 against the West.

They may not win a title, but to claim that one bad game against an obviously inferior team is indicative of something is really a stretch.

atljonesbro
02-12-2015, 12:34 AM

Stop watching basketball, thanks :oldlol:

gts
02-12-2015, 12:36 AM
:lol Hotlantadude.. obviously not a Hawks fan

Droid101
02-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Stop watching basketball, thanks :oldlol:
Salt.

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:38 AM
False

This is a really good team, you're just going to have to deal with it

Every year you guys have came on here to talk about how this team was going to show the world. You do this every year.... Every year I'm here to bring you guys back down to earth. This year will end up the same way.

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:39 AM
I think they are something like 15-4 against the West.

They may not win a title, but to claim that one bad game against an obviously inferior team is indicative of something is really a stretch.

I'm not saying that the team will fall out of the playoff picture. But this is a 48 win team that overachieved.

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm not saying that the team will fall out of the playoff picture. But this is a 48 win team that overachieved.

And I don't think they will beat Cleveland, either...but again... 43-11 is pretty damned impressive. I have to admit...I see at least some of Pop's influence on this Hawk's team.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Every year you guys have came on here to talk about how this team was going to show the world. You do this every year.... Every year I'm here to bring you guys back down to earth. This year will end up the same way.

How on earth is this year like every year? If you can't get behind this team then why even watch the Hawks? Why are you even emotionally invested enough to get on here and tell Hawks fans off? After 7 years on the treadmill we objectively have a shot at a championship, (and a great future in terms of the salary cap + picks) and you still are on here shitting all over us.

If you're any sort of Hawks fan and you can't get on board this season and this team then you're truly deranged.

atljonesbro
02-12-2015, 12:44 AM
How many hawks teams were 43-11 coming into the all star break? Zero. New team, new year. Get over it, they're good. I know it makes you furious they're good, but you just need to accept it. And if they do go on to win a championship and you keep acting this way you better not change your tune.

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:44 AM
How on earth is this year like every year? If you can't get behind this team then why even watch the Hawks? Why are you even emotionally invested enough to get on here and tell Hawks fans off? After 7 years on the treadmill we objectively have a shot at a championship, (and a great future in terms of the salary cap + picks) and you still are on here shitting all over us.

If you're any sort of Hawks fan and you can't get on board this season and this team then you're truly deranged.

The other shoe always drops.

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:47 AM
I've been complaining about how the team has been playing for weeks. Not just because they lost tonight or because they lost against Memphis. I was complaining about the Portland and Philly games also.

They very much look like a team that peaked.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:48 AM
Doesn't the other shoe always drop?

Having seen 25 years of Atlanta sports, and maybe 10% of those teams having a real shot at a championship, yes, the other shoe has always dropped. Barring one Braves team that I honestly don't remember.

But I can't do anything other than embrace this team, they're everything an Atlanta Hawks team that could ever want. We can never draft right, we can never get the FA's we want. And yet here we are, the best team in the East and with a clear path to the promised land displayed before us.

I get not having faith in one of our teams, none of them have ever given us reason to believe otherwise. But if you can't have hope in this team, of all teams, then why even pretend to like/pay attention to sports.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:52 AM
I've been complaining about how the team has been playing for weeks. Not just because they lost tonight or because they lost against Memphis. I was complaining about the Portland and Philly games also.

They very much look like a team that peaked.

I mean who are you comparing us to? The Warriors have lost to the Jazz, Hawks, and Bulls in their past 10 games and looked very beatable against the 6ers, Timberwolves, and Celtics, (some of those at HOME, where the Hawks have not lost any time in recent memory). Are they looking vulnerable and weak? Are they pretenders?

atljonesbro
02-12-2015, 12:54 AM
I mean who are you comparing us to? The Warriors have lost to the Jazz, Hawks, and Bulls in their past 10 games and looked very beatable against the 6ers, Timberwolves, and Celtics, (some of those at HOME, where the Hawks have not lost any time in recent memory). Are they looking vulnerable and weak? Are they pretenders?
No. Only the Hawks lose and struggle. :rolleyes:

His deluded logic ONLY applies to the Hawks.

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:54 AM
Having seen 25 years of Atlanta sports, and maybe 10% of those teams having a real shot at a championship, yes, the other shoe has always dropped. Barring one Braves team that I honestly don't remember.

But I can't do anything other than embrace this team, they're everything an Atlanta Hawks team that could ever want. We can never draft right, we can never get the FA's we want. And yet here we are, the best team in the East and with a clear path to the promised land displayed before us.

I get not having faith in one of our teams, none of them have ever given us reason to believe otherwise. But if you can't have hope in this team, of all teams, then why even pretend to like/pay attention to sports.

I'm not a Falcons, Braves or Bulldogs fan. But we know the drill here.

I give people/teams the benefit of the doubt when they deserve it. This was just a 38 win team a year ago. So far, they played really well for 2 months and kind of so so the last 3 weeks or so.

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:56 AM

The Warriors are a good team, but they really haven't won anything yet either.

But they were a strong team last year while this was a mediocre one.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 12:57 AM
I'm not a Falcons, Braves or Bulldogs fan. But we know the drill here.

I give people/teams the benefit of the doubt when they deserve it. This was just a 38 win team a year ago. So far, they played really well for months and kind of so so the last 3 weeks or so.

Do you really think this team is incapable of beating the Bulls/Wiz/Cavs in a 7 game series?

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 12:59 AM
Do you really think this team is incapable of beating the Bulls/Wiz/Cavs in a 7 game series?

I think they can beat Washington or Toronto.... But it's going to be tough against the other two teams.

This teams rebounding is terrible. I don't think this team is talented enough to overcome their rebounding issues against Chicago or Cleveland in the playoffs.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 01:00 AM
I think they can beat Washington or Toronto.... But it's going to be tough against the other two teams.

This teams rebounding is terrible. I don't think this team is talented enough to overcome their rebounding issues against Chicago or Cleveland in the playoffs.

Would you shit all over this Hawks team if it made the ECF and gave the Bulls or Cavs a 6-7 game series?

Demon Lizard
02-12-2015, 01:01 AM

Salty.

Hotlantadude81
02-12-2015, 01:14 AM
Would you shit all over this Hawks team if it made the ECF and gave the Bulls or Cavs a 6-7 game series?

That will leave me feeling so so.

A finals appearance is the only thing I can consider satisfactory. Every team here has got to that stage besides the Hawks.

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 01:16 AM
That will leave me feeling so so.

A finals appearance is the only thing I can consider satisfactory. Every team here has got to that stage besides the Hawks.

And every great team had to start somewhere...

beastee
02-12-2015, 08:55 AM
4 all stars...no excuses.

But seriously they really need to make ECF this year or they would be considered a major failure if they stay injury free. But if they make the ecf that is really impressive for a team like this. Bulls and Cavs are still the favorites as I've said all along, but the hawks could beat everyone else pretty easily I think, and should give the bulls a 7 game series for sure if they play at their best. Cavs are gonna be tough though...

CelticBaller
02-12-2015, 09:12 AM
What is a Atlanta Hawks fan's favorite whine?

"We can't beat Boston."

MMM
02-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Who's ready for a Boston/Atlanta 1st round match up????

would prefer the Raps but would like a shot vs. Atl. Don't want to sound cocky cus there is still less than minimal odds of them even making the playoffs.

JohnnySic
02-12-2015, 09:47 AM
This C's team in short on talent but they play hard. It would be fun if they snuck into the playoffs.

All Net
02-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Amazing how similar the Wolves vs warriors game was but gs held on.

3peated
02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
i dont understand how korver, even as the best 3pt shooter of all time perhaps can get named an allstar. hes a role player, wtf.

beastee
02-12-2015, 11:15 AM
i dont understand how korver, even as the best 3pt shooter of all time perhaps can get named an allstar. hes a role player, wtf.
Hype, Hype...Coaches believed the Hype.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Who's ready for a Boston/Atlanta 1st round match up????

would prefer the Raps but would like a shot vs. Atl. Don't want to sound cocky cus there is still less than minimal odds of them even making the playoffs.

I would LOVE a Boston/Atlanta first round matchup.

Much more wary of Charlotte/Miami/Detroit/Indiana(if George comes back).

CelticBaller
02-12-2015, 01:22 PM
How do you stop an Atlanta Hawk from beating his wife?

Give her a Boston Celtics jersey

beastee
02-12-2015, 01:49 PM
I would LOVE a Boston/Atlanta first round matchup.

Much more wary of Charlotte/Miami/Detroit/Indiana(if George comes back).
Don't worry about first round. 2nd round will be the trap round. Hawks are too good to not go 4-1 or even sweep first round no matter who it is. (Unless its the bucks)