PDA

View Full Version : should Warriors fans be concerned about OKC in round one?

imnew09
02-12-2015, 02:18 AM
Facing OKC in the first round :lol :lol :lol

These overrated GSW will become first round exit :bowdown:

navy
02-12-2015, 02:20 AM
Dey scurred

J Shuttlesworth
02-12-2015, 02:20 AM
Anything short of a chip for the thunder would be a colossal failure with that roster they have.

Budadiiii
02-12-2015, 02:21 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibh8X09Fwh3gdO.gif

Cocaine80s
Shit will be hilarious when Curry gets his mvp trophy a couple weeks after a first round exit as the 1st seed :oldlol:

AirBourne92
Anything short of a chip for the thunder would be a colossal failure with that roster they have.
you think so?

i think coach brooks ****s everything up

navy
02-12-2015, 02:22 AM
Shit will be hilarious when Curry gets his mvp trophy a couple weeks after a first round exit as the 1st seed :oldlol:
:roll:

KembaWalker
02-12-2015, 02:22 AM
It would be interesting if they do beat GSW, does that mean Brooks will be safe? Does that mean another season of this

All Net
02-12-2015, 02:24 AM
OKC should be more scared of GS than the other way around

Westbrook would need to play better than curry for OKC to win. GS have too much depth

Spurs5Rings2014
02-12-2015, 02:33 AM

What goes around comes around, right Mavs' fans?

:lol

Inferno
02-12-2015, 02:34 AM
OKC should be scared of GSW, lmao.

Genaro
02-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Worst 8th seed matchup ever. I mean they get the first seed and the only advantage is home court 'cause they will be facing one of the best teams of the conference.
OKC has arguably the 2 best players in the series, I would cheer for Phoenix if I were a Dubs fan .

JohnFreeman
02-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Warriors were fools for not sitting against Phoenix

J Shuttlesworth
02-12-2015, 02:51 AM
you think so?

i think coach brooks ****s everything up
Any time you have two top 5 players on the same roster, and elite defense, it's title or bust.

oarabbus
02-12-2015, 02:58 AM
lol at OKC trying to play the underdog.

Yeah we are real scared of Mitch McGary. Damn I wish we had a good SG like Dion Waiters. And if only we could be bringing a beast SF off the bench like Perry Jones.

Welcome to the Western Conference folks.

dazzer87
02-12-2015, 03:01 AM
okc will be lucky to win one game vs gsw in the playoff.....

Eric Cartman
02-12-2015, 03:19 AM
okc will be lucky to win one game vs gsw in the playoff.....

Mods.

Magic 32
02-12-2015, 03:26 AM
Better than playing the Spurs as the second seed.

Heavincent
02-12-2015, 03:53 AM
What matchups do the Thunder have in their favor?

Good luck isolating over and over against the Warriors set defense. Might work in one game, but not 4 times out of 7.

deja vu
02-12-2015, 03:55 AM
Nothing to worry OKC will self-destruct with its iso-heavy offense.

bdreason
02-12-2015, 03:58 AM
This thread pops up daily now.

The West is stacked, and every series is gonna be tough. OKC and their ISO offense are a ways down the list of teams I'm worried about out West though.

The only teams I'm interested in avoiding are the Spurs and Grizzlies. Nobody else out West "scares" me.

pastis
02-12-2015, 04:38 AM
its destiny. okc have mass luck that AD gets injured for a longer time interval.... they will win the title this year. kd is just on a mission. like dirk in 2011.

J Shuttlesworth
02-12-2015, 04:44 AM

Good luck isolating over and over against the Warriors set defense. Might work in one game, but not 4 times out of 7.
I do agree. The Warriors are a significantly better team, but Thunder have enough talent to take a couple games. I got dubs in 6

StephHamann
02-12-2015, 08:16 AM
OKC will win the championship and Konex will win Finals MVP

KG215
02-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Right? And who cares if they'd have to win all four series without HCA, if it's not a championship season it's a total failure of a season!!

KG215
02-12-2015, 09:10 AM

Other than having arguably the two best players in the series? I mean, yeah, the Warriors are good defensively and OKC's iso-ball/Scott Brooks' dumbassery can be a detriment, but if you've got the best and possibly second best in a series, it can overcome a lot of other deficiencies.

KG215
02-12-2015, 09:12 AM
its destiny. okc have mass luck that AD gets injured for a longer time interval.... they will win the title this year. kd is just on a mission. like dirk in 2011.
That may be true, but the only reason OKC isn't already 10ish games ahead of the Pelicans and Suns is because Durant has missed more than half the season, Russ was out for several weeks, and they played the first half of the season with 8-9 players dressed out every game.

DukeDelonte13
02-12-2015, 09:23 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

is this a joke?

Isolation has become such a dirty word amongst fans but in reality when a team has two of some of the best players at their position at creating their own shot is it really that detrimental to the team?

It can be a strength as much as it can be a weakness. Big difference when KD or Russ is isolating versus when Jarrett Jack or JR Smith etc. do it.

dabigbaws
02-12-2015, 09:43 AM

Just kevin durant and russell westbrook, two top 5 players in the league

navy
02-12-2015, 09:56 AM

Yall nikkas act like the Thunder havent beaten the Spurs and other teams multiple times playing the same exact way.

keep-itreal
02-12-2015, 09:58 AM
Yall nikkas act like the Thunder havent beaten the Spurs and other teams multiple times playing the same exact way.

that was when the thunders still had James Harden

navy
02-12-2015, 10:00 AM
that was when the thunders still had James Harden
The Thunder swept the Spurs in the regular season last year and what took them to 6 in the playoffs. A series that could have easily went 7.

Real Men Wear Green
02-12-2015, 10:02 AM
29 games to go. OKC could rise higher than 8th seed especially if another team has an injury.

LakersFan626
02-12-2015, 10:07 AM

They're starting ANDRE ROBERSON... against the Warriors they'd be playing 4 on 5 (the Thompson/Roberson "matchup" is THAT BAD) and have a HUGE disadvantage in the coaching, and run an iso offense, and have no depth (Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, DION WAITERS, and REGGIE JACKSON compared to Curry, Klay, Green, Barnes, Bogut, Lee, Iguodala, Speights, and Barbosa), and are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to bigs (Adams and Perkins against Bogut and David Lee), and won't have HCA (Oracle Arena is about as hard to win in as Arco Arena was when the Kings were good).

Westbrook and Durant would both need to have the series of their lives if the Thunder were to win. This Warriors team is way different than the Mark Jackson teams.

Wade's Rings
02-12-2015, 10:13 AM
The Thunder swept the Spurs in the regular season last year and what took them to 6 in the playoffs. A series that could have easily went 7.

Agreed, plus Ibaka missed the First 2 Games of the Series Last Year.

HurricaneKid
02-12-2015, 10:38 AM

So they ALMOST got the series back to San Antonio where they had lost by 17, 35, and 28 points?

navy
02-12-2015, 10:47 AM
So they ALMOST got the series back to San Antonio where they had lost by 17, 35, and 28 points?
Hey. Im just saying. Thunder arent your run of the mill iso chuckers. Those fvckboys can ball.

k0kakw0rld
02-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Curry, Klay > Durant, WB

We aint scared, OKC is the team who cant seem to be able to win anything. (Even as favorites) :lol Talking about overrated. :facepalm

imnew09
02-12-2015, 12:52 PM

table turned when Ibaka came back. Watch some basketball instead of the scoreboard and your ur fken brain instead of your head

negged for being a fake basketball fan

k0kakw0rld
02-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Warriors took them to 6 games too with their playing style. What are you saying? They choked game 1 away and stole game 2 at San Antonio. :confusedshrug:

Thunder ain't scary stop pretending like they been pretending for years now.

Lexington Steel
02-12-2015, 12:59 PM
They scurreddddddddd.

J Shuttlesworth
02-12-2015, 01:09 PM
They're starting ANDRE ROBERSON... against the Warriors they'd be playing 4 on 5 (the Thompson/Roberson "matchup" is THAT BAD) and have a HUGE disadvantage in the coaching, and run an iso offense, and have no depth (Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, DION WAITERS, and REGGIE JACKSON compared to Curry, Klay, Green, Barnes, Bogut, Lee, Iguodala, Speights, and Barbosa), and are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to bigs (Adams and Perkins against Bogut and David Lee), and won't have HCA (Oracle Arena is about as hard to win in as Arco Arena was when the Kings were good).

Westbrook and Durant would both need to have the series of their lives if the Thunder were to win. This Warriors team is way different than the Mark Jackson teams.
Excuses are piling up awfully early. No excuses for a line up with 2 of the best 5 players in the league and a DPOY caliber 3rd option.

inclinerator
02-12-2015, 02:38 PM
okc is overrated sure they have two of the best players, but that's it

IMObjective
02-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Excuses are piling up awfully early. No excuses for a line up with 2 of the best 5 players in the league and a DPOY caliber 3rd option.
F*ck it okc fans, just proclaim a championship cruise. This is your year, you have just a good of a chance as anyone else.

greymatter
02-12-2015, 04:17 PM
I'll take the team that's #1 on both offense and defense 100/100 times barring any injuries to key players.

Stupid thread btw.

Chadwin
02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
okc is overrated sure they have two of the best players, but that's it

yep

Durant and/or Westbrook have to have ridiculously good games for too many games to win with their style.

imdaman99
02-12-2015, 04:39 PM
yep

Durant and/or Westbrook have to have ridiculously good games for too many games to win with their style.
Why are Durant and Westbrook incapable of playing great more than once a while? Are they not good enough?

Steph Curry is a very good player but we'll see come playoff time what he really is. If he outplays Westbrook, hats off to him. Westbrook is a prime time playoff performer, especially in recent years.

Do the Warriors have a good team? Most definitely, but I don't think they are built for the playoffs. Spurs, Grizz, Thunder are all capable of knocking them out in my opinion. Time will tell.

All Net
02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Why are Durant and Westbrook incapable of playing great more than once a while? Are they not good enough?

Steph Curry is a very good player but we'll see come playoff time what he really is. If he outplays Westbrook, hats off to him. Westbrook is a prime time playoff performer, especially in recent years.

Do the Warriors have a good team? Most definitely, but I don't think they are built for the playoffs. Spurs, Grizz, Thunder are all capable of knocking them out in my opinion. Time will tell.
Just because those teams could beat them doesn't mean warriors aren't built for the playoffs

Number 1 defense will always be built for the playoffs

Mr Feeny
02-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Just because those teams could beat them doesn't mean warriors aren't built for the playoffs

Number 1 defense will always be built for the playoffsThis. The Thunder ' s offense is iso -heavy. I'm not sure if that will be enough to get by GS in a 7 game series.

imdaman99
02-12-2015, 05:58 PM

They are paper dragons on defense. They are putting up great stats, but believe me Durant and Westbrook will force them into a track meet. Do I expect them 2 to be off in a series? Sure, 1 or 2 games they might get blown out. But I see them 2 getting OKC over the Warriors. Keep in mind that OKC are playoff veterans. They know how to get over most teams. They've lost to the eventual champs in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014. In 2013 they were missing Westbrook so let's just throw that one out.

Not to mention that Bogut is injury prone.

Their iso offense has still been near the top of the league for a number of years, because they have 2 great players.

russwest0
02-12-2015, 06:08 PM
OKC's problem is that they don't shoot the ball well enough because Brooks is a moron and has no idea what would be best for this team.

Westbrook/Morrow/Durant/Ibaka/Adams would rape the Warriors starting 5

All Net
02-12-2015, 06:16 PM
They are paper dragons on defense. They are putting up great stats, but believe me Durant and Westbrook will force them into a track meet. Do I expect them 2 to be off in a series? Sure, 1 or 2 games they might get blown out. But I see them 2 getting OKC over the Warriors. Keep in mind that OKC are playoff veterans. They know how to get over most teams. They've lost to the eventual champs in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014. In 2013 they were missing Westbrook so let's just throw that one out.

Not to mention that Bogut is injury prone.

Their iso offense has still been near the top of the league for a number of years, because they have 2 great players. great D is great D..and they play just that.

I still find it hard to trust anybody not named durant and Westbrook and I don't trust brooks

Warriors have far better depth. .all this is expecting Bogut to be healthy. .obviously things change without him.

Springsteen
02-12-2015, 06:23 PM

The Thunder got knocked out of the playoffs by geriatric-ass Tim Duncan last season. I'd be a little worried about the Warriors.

Joyner82reload
02-12-2015, 06:26 PM
The Thunder got knocked out of the playoffs by geriatric-ass Tim Duncan last season. I'd be a little worried about the Warriors.

Is this thread a joke?

2010 Thunder-lose in 1st round to NBA champs
2011 Thunder-Make WCF, lose to NBA champs
2012 Thunder-Make NBA Finals, lose to NBA champs
2013 Thunder-Westbrook injured for playoffs
2014 Thunder-Make WCF, lose to NBA champs

The Thunder have lost to the NBA champs every year sans when Westbrook was injured. I can't believe people are doubting t his team's ability to compete in the playoffs :lol

russwest0
02-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Is this thread a joke?

2010 Thunder-lose in 1st round to NBA champs
2011 Thunder-Make WCF, lose to NBA champs
2012 Thunder-Make NBA Finals, lose to NBA champs
2013 Thunder-Westbrook injured for playoffs
2014 Thunder-Make WCF, lose to NBA champs

The Thunder have lost to the NBA champs every year sans when Westbrook was injured. I can't believe people are doubting t his team's ability to compete in the playoffs :lol

As long as Scott Brooks is the coach, I'll never have much faith in this team. It seems like in the past whenever I started coming around on Brooks he always went back to his old, dipshit ways.

Can't believe I bet 100 dollars on this team winning it all... :facepalm

LoneyROY7
02-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Of course they should be concerned. There's not a single team in the West that's a lock to advance past the first round.

All Net
02-12-2015, 06:30 PM
As long as Scott Brooks is the coach, I'll never have much faith in this team. It seems like in the past whenever I started coming around on Brooks he always went back to his old, dipshit ways.

Can't believe I bet 100 dollars on this team winning it all... :facepalm
In fairness it was a good bet in pre season

Who saw okc being hit with Injures?

christian1923
02-12-2015, 06:37 PM
I'd take OKC in 6.. I don't trust jump shooting teams like GS in May &. June

Plus KD and Russ is to much

Lebron23
02-12-2015, 06:39 PM
No

OKC ain't that good this year.

russwest0
02-12-2015, 06:39 PM
In fairness it was a good bet in pre season

Who saw okc being hit with Injures?

I bet on them after the injuries because if they win it all I'll get like 2000 dollars.

Still, betting on a Scott Brooks coached team is just... :facepalm

Don't know what came over me.

christian1923
02-12-2015, 06:40 PM
No

OKC ain't that good this year.
They just smoked Memphis and Clippers.

All Net
02-12-2015, 06:40 PM
I'd take OKC in 6.. I don't trust jump shooting teams like GS in May &. June

Plus KD and Russ is to much
Well that jump shooting team ranks top 5 in points in the paint. The aren't just a jump shooting team.

christian1923
02-12-2015, 06:43 PM
They're starting ANDRE ROBERSON... against the Warriors they'd be playing 4 on 5 (the Thompson/Roberson "matchup" is THAT BAD) and have a HUGE disadvantage in the coachingand run an iso offense, and have no depth (Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, DION WAITERS, and REGGIE JACKSON compared to Curry, Klay, Green, Barnes, Bogut, Lee, Iguodala, Speights, and Barbosa), and are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to bigs (Adams and Perkins against Bogut and David Lee), and won't have HCA (Oracle Arena is about as hard to win in as Arco Arena was when the Kings were good).

What has Kerr proven? He just inherited a stacked roster that was coached up well by Mark Jacksom

christian1923
02-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Well that jump shooting team ranks top 5 in points in the paint. The aren't just a jump shooting team.
Its their bread and butter, I bet that's what theyll rely on most when times get tough.

KG215
02-12-2015, 07:29 PM
The "geriatric'ass Tim Duncan" and the Spurs who got the luxury of playing the Thunder two games in the series without Ibaka, who has always been OKC's x-factor against the Spurs, and the same Spurs who destroyed the Heat en-route to the championship? Are you serious?

grantz
02-12-2015, 10:54 PM
If I were a betting man 8th seed our not, westbrook blows up in the playoffs. What's curry done so far in the post season?

All Net
02-13-2015, 01:35 AM
If I were a betting man 8th seed our not, westbrook blows up in the playoffs. What's curry done so far in the post season?
He played huge in his first playoff series when they knocked out higher seed denver for one

Artillery
02-13-2015, 03:21 AM
The "geriatric'ass Tim Duncan" and the Spurs who got the luxury of playing the Thunder two games in the series without Ibaka, who has always been OKC's x-factor against the Spurs, and the same Spurs who destroyed the Heat en-route to the championship? Are you serious?

Can't neglect the fact that the Spurs played without Parker in game 6. Or the officiating advantage in OKC's favor. Refs desperately wanted to hand that game six to the Thunder and ignored a lot of BS just to keep the game competitive for OKC(Ibaka blatantly goaltending Ginobili's shot in the 4th).

IGOTGAME
02-13-2015, 03:23 AM

so if they lose in the first round it is failure?

All Net
02-13-2015, 03:42 AM
so if they lose in the first round it is failure?
Depends how you view it. I think most of not all west teams could go deep and even win the west. Losing in first round suppose would be a failure but If they faced okc they aren't your typical 8th seed. They would be facing another contender in round one..Doesn't happen everyday

imnew09
02-19-2015, 08:09 PM
LOL they shook!!!!!

Fudge
02-19-2015, 08:11 PM
LOL they shook!!!!!
:roll: