PDA

View Full Version : 6'1 Stephon Marbury dunking in the reverse alley-oop WITH EASE at 38 years old.

tgan3
02-12-2015, 03:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSgRcWg54JE

:applause:

He does it so easily, show me another 38 yo similar height who does it like that.

JohnFreeman
02-12-2015, 03:51 AM
I lost my Marbury Knicks jersey

bdreason
02-12-2015, 03:51 AM
Marbury has one of the sickest alley-oop dunks I've ever seen, but it's hard to find footage of it. I believe he's on the Wolves and receives the half-courtish pass from Latrell Sprewell?

Anyways, Marbury has always been a freak athlete. I'll try to find the clip.

Budadiiii
02-12-2015, 03:52 AM
Must be fun to be considered a hero over there. He's surrounded by a bunch of asian betas constantly praising him.

Come back to the US and even I would take his lunch money. He couldn't even make my intramural squad.

bdreason
02-12-2015, 03:53 AM
Man I was way off. He was on the Nets and received the pass from SJax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jorxadf04rM

kurple
02-12-2015, 03:57 AM
Must be fun to be considered a hero over there. He's surrounded by a bunch of asian betas constantly praising him.

Come back to the US and even I would take his lunch money. He couldn't even make my intramural squad.
you wish you were making millions in china playing ball instead of being an american beta living in your parents basement

Budadiiii
02-12-2015, 04:03 AM
you wish you were making millions in china playing ball instead of being an american beta living in your parents basement
I own part of over 100 different companies and have been a millionaire for a couple years now. :lol

Meanwhile you live in some shitty Euro country and are a damn Nuggets fan. Sad life. :lol

tgan3
02-12-2015, 04:05 AM

To be honest, hes not the best player on that squad right now. Randolph Morris has more impact. You could even argue that 1 or 2 of the local teammates are better than him now at the moment.

KNOW1EDGE
02-12-2015, 04:07 AM
Simon, you are a phaggit, your gimmick is old, try somn new

Budadiiii
02-12-2015, 04:11 AM
Simon, you are a phaggit, your gimmick is old, try somn new
Your username is "KNOWLEDGE" yet you have absolutely none to offer on any subject, EVER. You're one of the stupidest posters on this site, bar none.

Me taking advice from you would be like Durant taking advice from Kwame Brown. FOH dimwit.

sfballa13
02-12-2015, 04:11 AM
I own part of over 100 different companies and have been a millionaire for a couple years now. :lol

Meanwhile you live in some shitty Euro country and are a damn Nuggets fan. Sad life. :lol

Stephon Marbury's is living the good life in China

He is worshipped like a god over there all while raking in the cash doing something he loves to do.

I read somewhere that he is making between 5-7M a year with salary, endorsements and other deals.

Even if you are paid, you cant argue that Marbury has it made.

I dont see Marbury on InsideHoops bragging to people who dont care that he is a millionaire

Budadiiii
02-12-2015, 04:18 AM
Stephon Marbury's is living the good life in China

He is worshipped like a god over there all while raking in the cash doing something he loves to do.

I read somewhere that he is making between 5-7M a year with salary, endorsements and other deals.

Even if you are paid, you cant argue that Marbury has it made.

I dont see Marbury on InsideHoops bragging to people who dont care that he is a millionaire
That's what I'm saying... must be fun to be a God in China and have those beta casual fans suck his nuts and build statues for him. But it doesn't change the fact that he's a washed up scrub by American standards and would get shat on if he tried to step on the court with me.

tgan3
02-12-2015, 04:23 AM
That's what I'm saying... must be fun to be a God in China and have those beta casual fans suck his nuts and build statues for him. But it doesn't change the fact that he's a washed up scrub by American standards and would get shat on if he tried to step on the court with me.

Seriously? You would get owned by him if you were to play him. He's a pro for a reason.

Lebron23
02-12-2015, 06:28 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Done_And_Done
02-12-2015, 06:37 AM
Love the ouuuuhs by his teammates

nathanjizzle
02-12-2015, 07:14 AM

Spending 500 dollars in 100 penny stocks does not make you part owner of 100 different companies nor a millionaire stock trader

Taller than CP3
02-12-2015, 07:18 AM
PED's are legal in China. That's the only reason Stephon Marbury can dunk right now.

MiseryCityTexas
02-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Marbury has one of the sickest alley-oop dunks I've ever seen, but it's hard to find footage of it. I believe he's on the Wolves and receives the half-courtish pass from Latrell Sprewell?

Anyways, Marbury has always been a freak athlete. I'll try to find the clip.

Sprewell and Marbury didn't play on the T Wolves together, and Marbury did that reverse alley oop slam on the Nets, not on the T Wolves.

Kblaze8855
02-12-2015, 10:35 AM
I expected it to be in a game. I'm not saying is unimpressive to be able to do it at his age though. I will say a lob like that is easier to do than a straight up two handed reverse dunk.

When I was young I wasnt a good dunker but I could dunk and things like that appear more difficult than they are. When I could just barely dunk it was easier the dunk a ball passed lightly in front of the rim than to just run up and dunk normally.

You get up higher without the ball.

Put back dunks and lobs look hard but they aren't.

At least not for 2 foot jumpers. I can't speak for one foot jumpers. I was the right up to the basket go up off two feet guy. Id struggle trying to come from anywhere near the dotted line...... One reason free throw line dunks are so amazing to me.

At the absolute peak of my athletic ability me trying to take off from the free throw line would be hilarious.

I'm not sure it would even end in a layup.

MiseryCityTexas
02-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Marbury's Nets teams sucked ass, but were lowkey fun as hell to watch.

Thorpesaurous
02-12-2015, 11:39 AM
I wonder sometimes if guys like Marbury and Steve Francis came along at the wrong time. With the game being so much more pick and role centric now, and the loosening of the illegal defense rules, quick side switching has become a much bigger asset than it was during their heyday, they may have more value now, which probably has a lot to do with the sort of PG golden era we appear to be in.

At the same time, the lane is more crowded now than it was, so they'd have to be willing to penetrate and kick more than be the finishers they were, and they'd have to be more willing to play some catch and shoot, and just generally be better shooters than they were.

I thought Randolph Morris was gonna be a real player. That's a name I haven't thought of in forever.

Rake2204
02-12-2015, 11:55 AM
I expected it to be in a game. I'm not saying is unimpressive to be able to do it at his age though. I will say a lob like that is easier to do than a straight up two handed reverse dunk.

When I was young I wasnt a good dunker but I could dunk and things like that appear more difficult than they are. When I could just barely dunk it was easier the dunk a ball passed lightly in front of the rim than to just run up and dunk normally.

You get up higher without the ball.

Put back dunks and lobs look hard but they aren't.

At least not for 2 foot jumpers. I can't speak for one foot jumpers. I was the right up to the basket go up off two feet guy. Id struggle trying to come from anywhere near the dotted line...... One reason free throw line dunks are so amazing to me.

At the absolute peak of my athletic ability me trying to take off from the free throw line would be hilarious.

I'm not sure it would even end in a layup.Yeah, I think it depends upon the jump type. I'm primarily a one-foot dunker and can dunk off two, but for some reason I've always be awful at reverse dunks. As in, could never really do them. I was more likely to complete one of those 270's from the right side than I was to make a reverse (which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense since a 270 is essentially going reverse then taking it a step further).

Either way, I still find a two-hand reverse, especially at age 38, to be quite impressive. I think that's a dunk he figured out how to do just right when he was younger so I also agree it's probably been somewhat routine for him throughout the years.

Demon Lizard
02-12-2015, 02:24 PM
That certainly is impressive.

Demon Lizard
02-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Man I was way off. He was on the Nets and received the pass from SJax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jorxadf04rM

That is nice. I don't remember it.

Flush
02-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Feel sorry for that guy who wanted to bump in Marbury and got denied :lol

JohnnySic
02-12-2015, 02:44 PM
He seems to be doing well, good for him.

inclinerator
02-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Feel sorry for that guy who wanted to bump in Marbury and got denied :lol
he probably was like im too old for this sht, dont wanna get injured

Velocirap31
02-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Spending 500 dollars in 100 penny stocks does not make you part owner of 100 different companies nor a millionaire stock trader

Beat me to it. I wanted to say this. :lol

tomtucker
02-12-2015, 03:30 PM
I lost my Marbury Knicks jersey

don

bdreason
02-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Sprewell and Marbury didn't play on the T Wolves together, and Marbury did that reverse alley oop slam on the Nets, not on the T Wolves.

Ya I fixed it. I think my confusion was justified though. They were playing against the TWolves... and Sprewell and SJax might as well be brothers. :oldlol:

G-train
02-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Marbury has had a great basketball career, and is also a very generous person.
Congrats on your reverse dunk Starbury.