PDA

View Full Version : ball handling: doris burke vs cousy

swagga
02-12-2015, 05:40 AM
doris burke (skirt, high heels, zero warmup except a couple of BJs)
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2667786/dorisdribbles.0.gif

cousy (warmed up, suited up in pro gear)
http://i33.tinypic.com/25q817l.jpg

for me it's pretty obvious that a broadcaster woman would be an all star guard in wilt's time .. says something about them records tbh :lol

what's your take ISH?

PejaTheSerbSnip
02-12-2015, 05:46 AM
Lol while its obvious you're trolling,it should be noted that anybody dribbling the way Burke does in that GIF would have been called for palming all day long in the 50s-60s

(No I don't believe it was a stronger era then, just pointing out how differently the rules were interpreted).

Asukal
02-12-2015, 05:51 AM
Laz meltdown incoming in 3,2,1... :rolleyes:

swagga
02-12-2015, 05:54 AM
Lol while its obvious you're trolling,it should be noted that anybody dribbling the way Burke does in that GIF would have been called for palming all day long in the 50s-60s

(No I don't believe it was a stronger era then, just pointing out how differently the rules were interpreted).

legit question based on empiric evidence :lol
tbh cousy is palming the shit out of the ball in that video, especially on the turn... superstar calls I guess :confusedshrug:

CavaliersFTW
02-12-2015, 05:55 AM
The gif of Burk is sped up, the gif of Cousy is slowed down

Cousy's handles > anyone on ISH and 97% of the NBA today if the NBA today fielded a few of the 1950's refs for a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-xa6546ixc

^ Anyone who can sincerely laugh at that guy's basketball abilities, including his ball-on-a-string handle is mentally retarded.

Milbuck
02-12-2015, 06:01 AM
This made me laugh way harder than I should've :oldlol:

plowking
02-12-2015, 06:05 AM

Cousy's handles > anyone on ISH and 97% of the NBA today if the NBA today fielded a few of the 1950's refs for a game.

^ Anyone who can sincerely laugh at that guy's basketball abilities, including his ball-on-a-string handle is mentally retarded.

Look at the f*cking shot this dude takes at 1:02. :roll:

Dude would never see the court anymore after a shot like that today.

CavaliersFTW
02-12-2015, 06:14 AM
Look at the f*cking shot this dude takes at 1:02. :roll:

Dude would never see the court anymore after a shot like that today.
1:02 is a pass off the glass

Your pea brain didn't even recognize it let alone would you have the creativity to think of a play like that on your own.

YOU can't set foot on a court today. Cousy is a legend. He'd beat you in a pickup game today at 86 that's why you post here on ISH and he's a 50 greatest tier player in NBA history :oldlol:

buddha
02-12-2015, 06:15 AM

Cousy's career shooting percentage

Luke Ridnour at best in todays NBA.. it's easy to throw flashy passes when nobody is guarding you.

swagga
02-12-2015, 06:17 AM

cousy palmed alot in that video son. He is also palming in the first evidence gif. Superstar calls, ref always knew what was best for the league :applause: With doris burke's offcourt skills I bet you the refs would throw her a bone with some favorable ball-handling calls.

swagga
02-12-2015, 06:18 AM
1:02 is a pass off the glass

Your pea brain didn't even recognize it let alone would you have the creativity to think of a play like that on your own.

YOU can't set foot on a court today. Cousy is a legend. He'd beat you in a pickup game today at 86 that's why you post here on ISH and he's a 50 greatest tier player in NBA history :oldlol:
that's a pass off the rim doe :roll: det skill :applause:

bigkingsfan
02-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Cousy's career shooting percentage

Luke Ridnour at best in todays NBA.. it's easy to throw flashy passes when nobody is guarding you.

.373 Kobe this year :coleman:

buddha
02-12-2015, 06:21 AM

36 years old, 35 games, coming off a major injury.

He would have got it above .400 if he finished the season.

PejaTheSerbSnip
02-12-2015, 06:22 AM
legit question based on empiric evidence :lol
tbh cousy is palming the shit out of the ball in that video, especially on the turn... superstar calls I guess :confusedshrug:

"Empiric" evidence eh :p

Not even a fan of that era but this is a really weak troll lol.

bigkingsfan
02-12-2015, 06:24 AM
36 years old, 35 games, coming off a major injury.

He would have got it above .400 if he finished the season.

White scrub that can't shoot.

swagga
02-12-2015, 06:45 AM
"Empiric" evidence eh :p

Not even a fan of that era but this is a really weak troll lol.

why weak and why a troll? It is pretty obvious from the initially posted gifs and from CavsFTW's videos that doris burke clearly has superior handles, and I'm not talking skills like going behind the back and crossing people over, I'm talking basic things like using the left hand tbh.

I mean, when doris burke is double teamed by your average athletic black man she at least has a couple of moves, cousy is straight up destroyed.

swagga
02-12-2015, 06:46 AM

we talking about a woman in this thread, not the best place to mention kobe imo :lol

RoundMoundOfReb
02-12-2015, 06:55 AM
Doris Burke, easily.

Graviton
02-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Considering you said Ibaka was better than Nene/Gortat I'm inclined to take Cousy on this one. :lol

dunksby
02-12-2015, 07:20 AM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2667786/dorisdribbles.0.gif

LMAO @ Avery and Jalen trying so hard to avert their eyes from her ass :roll:

stephanieg
02-12-2015, 07:36 AM

when doris burke is double teamed by your average athletic black man

With doris burke's offcourt skills I bet you the refs would throw her a bone

Today is going to be a good day.

MiseryCityTexas
02-12-2015, 07:57 AM

Theres NBA footage of Bob Cousy scoring over much bigger players, doing reverse layups over much bigger players, and driving past all star caliber players of his era, but Insidehoops loves to ignore this fact smh.

Spurs5Rings2014
02-12-2015, 07:59 AM

:lol

Ariza4three
02-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Look at that white boy go! :roll:

RightTwoCensor
02-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Look at that white boy go! :roll:
:yaohappy:

swagga
02-12-2015, 11:02 AM

now she is old and she sucks but back in the 50s game she'd surely command a double team.

jzek
02-12-2015, 11:17 AM
That's why I don't value accomplishments made by players before the 1980s. The talent level difference is just so big.

Also the reason why ppl rate Kobe's 81 better than Wilt's 100.

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 11:28 AM
That's why I don't value accomplishments made by players before the 1980s. The talent level difference is just so big.

Kareem came into the league in 1969. A PEAK Kareem faced a full-time Nate Thurmond in some 35 H2H games. High game against Nate of 34 points. Shot .447 against Thurmond in that same span.

A 38-41 year old Kareem faced a 23-26 year old Hakeem in 23 career H2H's. Had THREE games of 40+, including a high of 46 (and in only 37 minutes.) In the same week a 39 year old KAJ carpet-bombed Hakeem with that 46 point game...he outscored Patrick Ewing by a 40-9 margin (and outshot Ewing from the field by a 15-22 to 3-17 margin.) Overall, in his 23 career H2H's with Hakeem, Kareem outscored Hakeem, and outshot him by a .607 to .512 margin.

I guess Hakeem and Ewing would be shit today, as well. Just ask Shaq, who, at his PEAK, had his highest career game against an old Hakeem, of 37 points..

LongLiveTheKing
02-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Crazy how Doris Burke has better handles than of the best point guards of that weak era.

dannywpt
02-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Well, in 50 years we will be old and grey the kids will laugh about how Kyrie Irving's handles were a joke

I guess

KevinNYC
02-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Well, in 50 years we will be old and grey the kids will laugh about how Kyrie Irving's handles were a joke

I guess

How good would your handles be, if you, your teammates and your coaches never saw a single game of televised basketball? If most of the standard nba movies hadn't been invented. If you started your professional career ten years after the JUMP SHOT was invented.

Dr.J4ever
02-12-2015, 11:52 AM

:lol :lol :lol

Ariza4three
02-12-2015, 11:54 AM
How good would your handles be, if you, your teammates and your coaches never saw a single game of televised basketball? If most of the standard nba movies hadn't been invented. If you started your professional career ten years after the JUMP SHOT was invented.
Better than that I guarantee.

swagga
02-12-2015, 12:04 PM

i'm not white son. my father wasn't white. my gramps wasn't white. my gramps was balling in the hood with handles 10 times better than that scrub cousy, white people were just scarred we was gonna take the game from them so they didn't let us play. once they let us in we revolutionized the game.

you see 50s stans posting here how any modern dribble would've been a carry back then but they can't see all the palming these guys were making in the videos. Just a bunch of hypocrites old timers.:sleeping

swagga
02-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Kareem came into the league in 1969. A PEAK Kareem faced a full-time Nate Thurmond in some 35 H2H games. High game against Nate of 34 points. Shot .447 against Thurmond in that same span.

A 38-41 year old Kareem faced a 23-26 year old Hakeem in 23 career H2H's. Had THREE games of 40+, including a high of 46 (and in only 37 minutes.) In the same week a 39 year old KAJ carpet-bombed Hakeem with that 46 point game...he outscored Patrick Ewing by a 40-9 margin (and outshot Ewing from the field by a 15-22 to 3-17 margin.) Overall, in his 23 career H2H's with Hakeem, Kareem outscored Hakeem, and outshot him by a .607 to .512 margin.

I guess Hakeem and Ewing would be shit today, as well. Just ask Shaq, who, at his PEAK, had his highest career game against an old Hakeem, of 37 points..

it's about doris burke vs cousy in ball handling gramps. might want to put them reading glasses on before copy pasting.

AirFederer
02-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Cousy? Lettuce talk about Wilt.

Did Burke ever put up 50-40-38 ppg regular seasons? Did she lead the league in scoring seven times, FG% nine times, and rebounding 11 times?

Did Burke have FOUR complete playoffs with 33.2 ppg, 34.7 ppg, 35.0 ppg, and 37 ppg? How many of them had 30+ ppg and 30+ rpg post-season series? How many of them had EIGHT entire playoff runs of 24.7+ rpg? How many of them played in 29 post-season series, and outrebounded their opposing starting center in all 29 of them (and some by unfathomable margins)? How many of them had SIX playoff series of 28+ ppg and 23 rpg? How many of them had FOUR playoff series in which they scored 37 ppg, 37 ppg, 39 ppg and 39 ppg? How many of them had EIGHT playoff runs of 20+ ppg and 20+ rpg? How many of them had THIRTEEN post-seasons in which they averaged 20+ rpg? How many of them had FOUR 50+ point games? How many of them had THREE 50+ point games in "elimination" games? And how many of them had FIVE 40+ point games in "elimination" games, including a 45 point game in a Finals? How many of them played in 23 "elimination" games, and averaged 31.1 ppg, and shot .540 from the field in them?

And, as I said before, Chamberlain faced RUSSELL EIGHT times, and all but one were either in the first, or the second round. Why is that important?

How many times did Burke face RUSSELL in the first round??

Because MJ's scoring and efficiecny took a nose-dive against the "Bad Boys" in his FOUR straight playoff series against them. Shaq's scoring and efficiency took a huge hit when he battled the Spurs in his FIVE playoff series between '99 and '04. And a peak Kareem's dropped dramatically in his FIVE playoff series against an old Wilt and an aging Thurmond. STEEP decline. Or how about Kobe in his Finals? His FG%'s dropped like the Zeppelin, ...and as bad they were in those series, they were FAR worse in the biggest games of them.

When did Burke shred her knee, had major surgery, came back way ahead of schedule, and then averaged 12.7 ppg, 6.0 rpg, and shot .500 in regular season games, post-surgery...and then went on to have a seven game Finals of 23.2 ppg, 24.1 rpg, and on a .625 eFG%, which included a "must win" game six of 45 points, on 20-27 FG/FGA, with 27 rebounds? How many other players basically raised their level of play in a Finals by over 10 ppg, 18 rpg, and 12% from the field?

Did Doris ever end a Dynasty's eight year title run, and in a resounding fashion...all while absolutely crushing the architect? How many of them ended what was supposed to be a certain dynasty for years to come, before it ever got off the ground (the '72 Bucks)?

And of course, did she play in 29 post-season, and either outplayed, or downright dominated their opposing center, who was most often a HOFer, in the vast majority of them?

A "scoring" Wilt STILL averaged over 30 ppg and over 50% shooting against a prime Russell, and in an era when the post-season NBA was averaging about a .420 eFG%.

And keep in mind that Wilt's TEAM's lost to the eventual champion in TEN of his 13 post-seasons. At least he had an excuse when they were losing to the Celtics SEVEN times, or the '70 Knicks, or the '71 Bucks. How about Shaq getting swept six times, and playing poorly against Ostertag in a 4-1 series blowout loss? Or Bird losing with HCA SEVEN times, including being swept by an under-dog Bucks team? Or the great Hakeem losing in the first round EIGHT times, and to opposing centers like Eaton, Thompson, AC Green, and Oliver Miller?

Had Wilt had the "good fortune" to have been knocked out in the first round, as Hakeem routinely was, during his six playoffs during his scoring seasons, he would have averaged 34.6 ppg in those years.

Or had Wilt played in an era with pure crap teams making the playoffs, his 62-63 Warriors probably would have qualified (MJ's 85-86 Bulls had a worse record and they made it), in a season in which Chamberlain averaged 44.8 ppg on .528 shooting. Oh, and give Wilt a consistent 3-4 playoff rounds every season, much as the other HOF players would have later on, and he likely would have scored much more.

I have said it before, but had Wilt played in the Western Conference in his entire seven "scoring seasons", and he likely would hold every playoff scoring record. Why? Because Russell used to kill the Lakers in those years, and as great as Russell was against them, Chamberlain was FAR more dominant. From '62 thru '66, when Russell put up his best post-season series of his career against LA...Chamberlain had entire seasons, covering between nine and 12 games, in which he averaged 51.6 ppg, 48.6 ppg, 44.3 ppg, 29.9 ppg, and 40.8 ppg against the Lakers. Hell, Wilt had SIX games of 60+ against LA, including TWO of 70+ in that span. As it was, in his one post-season in the Western Conference, he annihilated the Hawks with a seven game series of 39 ppg, 23 rpg, and on a .559 FG% (in a post-season NBA that averaged 106 ppg on a .420 eFG%.)

And in the decade of the 60's, Chamberlain faced Russell and Thurmond (just ask KAJ about Nate), TEN times in his 18 playoff series...and he STILL averaged 26.4 ppg in all eighteen series. Take those two out of it, and his he would have scored 31 ppg in that span.

So, yes, Wilt was, at worst, the second greatest post-season player of all-time, and only MJ has an case over him. Burke simply has no case as GOAT!:no:

Burke never made sex with mountain lion then killed it :no:

jlip
02-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Kids from 1962 dribbling. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soLH6bau9uo)

According to the logic on ISH, if NBA players were to do what 8 yr. olds of their same era were doing then that would make them better, more talented players.

swagga
02-12-2015, 12:40 PM
Kids from 1962 dribbling. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soLH6bau9uo)

According to the logic on ISH, if NBA players were to do what 8 yr. olds of their same era were doing then that would make them better, more talented players.

wtf is with that racist video? putting that lil black kid to monkey around for all the white people to cheer :facepalm

for your information, dribbling is done while standing with the purpose of going by your opponent.. I didn't see anything resembling dribbling in that video, just monkeying around and circus shit that has zero application in the game.

jlip
02-12-2015, 12:47 PM
wtf is with that racist video? putting that lil black kid to monkey around for all the white people to cheer :facepalm

for your information, dribbling is done while standing with the purpose of going by your opponent.. I didn't see anything resembling dribbling in that video, just monkeying around and circus shit that has zero application in the game.

What game was Doris Burke playing in in your gif again?

swagga
02-12-2015, 01:01 PM
What game was Doris Burke playing in in your gif again?

a game where people are standing and not
- bouncing a ball while attempting to sleep on the floor
- doing circus moves to entertain the crowd
a game also known as basketball.

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Cousy? Lettuce talk about Wilt.

Did Burke ever put up 50-40-38 ppg regular seasons? Did she lead the league in scoring seven times, FG% nine times, and rebounding 11 times?

Did Burke have FOUR complete playoffs with 33.2 ppg, 34.7 ppg, 35.0 ppg, and 37 ppg? How many of them had 30+ ppg and 30+ rpg post-season series? How many of them had EIGHT entire playoff runs of 24.7+ rpg? How many of them played in 29 post-season series, and outrebounded their opposing starting center in all 29 of them (and some by unfathomable margins)? How many of them had SIX playoff series of 28+ ppg and 23 rpg? How many of them had FOUR playoff series in which they scored 37 ppg, 37 ppg, 39 ppg and 39 ppg? How many of them had EIGHT playoff runs of 20+ ppg and 20+ rpg? How many of them had THIRTEEN post-seasons in which they averaged 20+ rpg? How many of them had FOUR 50+ point games? How many of them had THREE 50+ point games in "elimination" games? And how many of them had FIVE 40+ point games in "elimination" games, including a 45 point game in a Finals? How many of them played in 23 "elimination" games, and averaged 31.1 ppg, and shot .540 from the field in them?

And, as I said before, Chamberlain faced RUSSELL EIGHT times, and all but one were either in the first, or the second round. Why is that important?

How many times did Burke face RUSSELL in the first round??

Because MJ's scoring and efficiecny took a nose-dive against the "Bad Boys" in his FOUR straight playoff series against them. Shaq's scoring and efficiency took a huge hit when he battled the Spurs in his FIVE playoff series between '99 and '04. And a peak Kareem's dropped dramatically in his FIVE playoff series against an old Wilt and an aging Thurmond. STEEP decline. Or how about Kobe in his Finals? His FG%'s dropped like the Zeppelin, ...and as bad they were in those series, they were FAR worse in the biggest games of them.

When did Burke shred her knee, had major surgery, came back way ahead of schedule, and then averaged 12.7 ppg, 6.0 rpg, and shot .500 in regular season games, post-surgery...and then went on to have a seven game Finals of 23.2 ppg, 24.1 rpg, and on a .625 eFG%, which included a "must win" game six of 45 points, on 20-27 FG/FGA, with 27 rebounds? How many other players basically raised their level of play in a Finals by over 10 ppg, 18 rpg, and 12% from the field?

Did Doris ever end a Dynasty's eight year title run, and in a resounding fashion...all while absolutely crushing the architect? How many of them ended what was supposed to be a certain dynasty for years to come, before it ever got off the ground (the '72 Bucks)?

And of course, did she play in 29 post-season, and either outplayed, or downright dominated their opposing center, who was most often a HOFer, in the vast majority of them?

A "scoring" Wilt STILL averaged over 30 ppg and over 50% shooting against a prime Russell, and in an era when the post-season NBA was averaging about a .420 eFG%.

And keep in mind that Wilt's TEAM's lost to the eventual champion in TEN of his 13 post-seasons. At least he had an excuse when they were losing to the Celtics SEVEN times, or the '70 Knicks, or the '71 Bucks. How about Shaq getting swept six times, and playing poorly against Ostertag in a 4-1 series blowout loss? Or Bird losing with HCA SEVEN times, including being swept by an under-dog Bucks team? Or the great Hakeem losing in the first round EIGHT times, and to opposing centers like Eaton, Thompson, AC Green, and Oliver Miller?

Had Wilt had the "good fortune" to have been knocked out in the first round, as Hakeem routinely was, during his six playoffs during his scoring seasons, he would have averaged 34.6 ppg in those years.

Or had Wilt played in an era with pure crap teams making the playoffs, his 62-63 Warriors probably would have qualified (MJ's 85-86 Bulls had a worse record and they made it), in a season in which Chamberlain averaged 44.8 ppg on .528 shooting. Oh, and give Wilt a consistent 3-4 playoff rounds every season, much as the other HOF players would have later on, and he likely would have scored much more.

I have said it before, but had Wilt played in the Western Conference in his entire seven "scoring seasons", and he likely would hold every playoff scoring record. Why? Because Russell used to kill the Lakers in those years, and as great as Russell was against them, Chamberlain was FAR more dominant. From '62 thru '66, when Russell put up his best post-season series of his career against LA...Chamberlain had entire seasons, covering between nine and 12 games, in which he averaged 51.6 ppg, 48.6 ppg, 44.3 ppg, 29.9 ppg, and 40.8 ppg against the Lakers. Hell, Wilt had SIX games of 60+ against LA, including TWO of 70+ in that span. As it was, in his one post-season in the Western Conference, he annihilated the Hawks with a seven game series of 39 ppg, 23 rpg, and on a .559 FG% (in a post-season NBA that averaged 106 ppg on a .420 eFG%.)

And in the decade of the 60's, Chamberlain faced Russell and Thurmond (just ask KAJ about Nate), TEN times in his 18 playoff series...and he STILL averaged 26.4 ppg in all eighteen series. Take those two out of it, and his he would have scored 31 ppg in that span.

So, yes, Wilt was, at worst, the second greatest post-season player of all-time, and only MJ has an case over him. Burke simply has no case as GOAT!:no:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 10:10 PM
it's about doris burke vs cousy in ball handling gramps. might want to put them reading glasses on before copy pasting.

Of course, had you actually read any of this topic, you would have seen my reply to JZEK...

And, here was my reply...

As for Cousy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QCP6mMMH2Q

Now,...go ahead and give us here some monumental Doris Burke basketball footage.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9873303&postcount=34

KirbyPls
02-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Anyone else think she's hot? Can't stand blondes generally, but dem glasses. :bowdown:

LAZERUSS
02-12-2015, 10:34 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9873303&postcount=34

Yeah...he was not the first one to plagerize my posts...

Collie
02-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Anyone else think she's hot? Can't stand blondes generally, but dem glasses. :bowdown:

She has that classy lady look going.