PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: George Karl agrees to coach the Kings, 4 years 15 mil

Kidbasketball20
02-12-2015, 08:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12314034/george-karl-coach-sacramento-kings

George Karl has reached a deal to become the next coach of the Sacramento Kings, league sources confirmed to ESPN.com on Thursday.

The deal is expected to be formally announced by the Kings on Thursday or Friday, with a formal news conference likely to take place after All-Star Weekend.

Terms have not been announced, but George, an ESPN analyst, will get a four-year deal worth an estimated $15 million

:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

bagelred
02-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Kings doing a great job of pushing DeMarcus Cousins away.

bigkingsfan
02-12-2015, 08:39 AM
Fisher got 5 year 25 mil lol.

Pushxx
02-12-2015, 09:05 AM
GG Kings

Duderonomy
02-12-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't see why this a bad hire. He wins where ever he goes and when he leaves his teams get worse. Like it or lump it he has a track record of success. That's not to say things will continue in Sactown but I could see them being playoff team in the coming years. After Duncan and Dirk retire that's two open spots right there.

beastee
02-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Good move for the Bulls, they can get that draft pick next year when the kings do well...:lol

Seriously though, He should finally give Boogie some stability. But their owner is insane, so who knows.

Nowitness
02-12-2015, 11:32 AM
A career loser who made a top 3 WOAT coaching decision in the history of sport by not letting GP lock down Jordan mixed with a team led by a backstabbing, head case, sensitive bitch?

They don't get any better.

Prime_Shaq
02-12-2015, 12:00 PM
I don't see why this a bad hire. He wins where ever he goes and when he leaves his teams get worse. Like it or lump it he has a track record of success. That's not to say things will continue in Sactown but I could see them being playoff team in the coming years. After Duncan and Dirk retire that's two open spots right there.
I assume its because Karl plays a much more uptempo style while they have the best Center in the league so they should be playing in a more halfcourt set :confusedshrug:

swagga
02-12-2015, 12:19 PM

george karl made a team of carmelo, kenyon martin, jr smith, birdman and nene go to the wcf and give the lakers a challenge.

he is a very good coach at handling talented but dumb players, so cousins should thank the front office.

Fire Colangelo
02-12-2015, 12:24 PM
george karl made a team of carmelo, kenyon martin, jr smith, birdman and nene go to the wcf and give the lakers a challenge.

he is a very good coach at handling talented but dumb players, so cousins should thank the front office.

Way to leave off Billups, who was easily the most important reason for their success that year.

swagga
02-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Way to leave off Billups, who was easily the most important reason for their success that year.

he was a leader and an underrated player, I agree that he played a BIG role on that team.
Still, talent wins games, and the nuggets had heaps of it, without karl keeping their heads in check they weren't going nowhere, so imo karl had a bigger role.

I miss the thuggets :oldlol:

gts
02-12-2015, 12:43 PM

that's just Phil getting his boy DFish paid with somebody else's money...

Demon Lizard
02-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Seems like a good deal to me.

senelcoolidge
02-12-2015, 04:22 PM
The Kings owner and organization don't care about winning. Stay losing Kings.

Jasper
02-13-2015, 12:16 PM
nonsense.

George Karl is esstactic to finally have a true center , that can dominate a game, and on top of it , has a free throw percentage that will keep him in games during crunch time.

What coach wouldn't want a 5 that can change the game in crunch time :confusedshrug:

Cousins has the potential to become Shaq II and not only stay in games and make free throws , but his defense can eventually thwart away slashers and back door passes in crunch time, forcing teams to become a outside shooting team in crunch time.

I see Karl , incorperating some type of showtime, motion offense, with quick out let passes, and when the fast break isn't there , Cousin's arsnal will take over.
He could easily average 25/25/6 in Karl's system , and make the playoff's yearly.

Here's the catch- he needs at least 3-6 players he doesn't have , because of the flat footed defense, and lack of slash/jump shooters he cators too.

I would say you might see a trade with Suns or NY for a guard... to start the ball rolling.

pastis
02-13-2015, 02:35 PM

:lol :lol