PDA

View Full Version : warriors vs okc analysis

swagga
02-12-2015, 10:57 AM
In the last years teams won rings by shooting the 3pter at extremely high rates. In the PO you get good 3p shots with either ridiculous penetration(lebron, wade) or with excellent & composed ball movement (spurs, mavs). In a series vs okc warriors lack the penetration to really get at okc (extremely athletic) and will rely on ball movement for their 3p powered offense.

The thing with ball movement is that you really need experienced, composed CORE players to pull it off. In the playoffs it's hard to be composed when shit gets rough, refs swallow whistles, the crowd goes wild, shots not falling, you are trailing at home as the 1st seed, durant is hitting crazy shit and is getting 20FTs and westbrook is running at you with 25/8/8 and 5 highlight dunks per game. You need experience. You need guys like duncan/dirk/parker/kidd/manu who know how to set the pace for the series, know how to work the ref, know how to slow it down when needed, to attack when the other team is weak, to encourage their less experienced teammates. I don't see anywhere near such experience and compose on this warriors side. Without great ball movement warriors are good but not great, which won't be enough.

You also need a GREAT coach to control the process(pop, carlisle) and kerr is a good coach but unproven in the playoffs. He is not going to be outcoached by brooks (:lol ) but that is just half the issue. How will he coach against 20FT durant? How will he coach if the 3pter is not falling, penetrate vs okc? How will he coach when westbrick goes on a good run and overwhelms curry physically? Alot of unproven ground here.

Warriors are like the perfect 2k team, excellent players, very good RS coach, but they lack that real life toughness,cunning and know-how of an nba champion. I don't see any nasty in them.

If I were to put money on it, i'd say the warriors don't get out of the west. Against OKC it's a much more open series than people think. OKC is one of the 2-3 teams in the league that can overwhelm their opposition. Sure they can ISO horribly, do dumb shit and basically beat themselves , and their coach is no better than a cheerleader but when they are on look out.