PDA

View Full Version : Suns offering their best player for a first round pick

masonanddixon
02-12-2015, 05:31 PM
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2015/2/12/8025257/nba-trade-rumor-phoenix-suns-offering-goran-dragic-for-first-round

Even this year, despite having the ball in his hands a great deal less than in prior years, he's still producing about 16 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds per game. While Eric Bledsoe has the ball in his hands for 5 of his 33.9 minutes of playing time (38th in the league), and Isaiah Thomas has it for 4.4 of his 25.7 minutes, Goran has it for just 3.9 of his 33.4 minutes (58th in the league), per NBA.com/stats.

"Maybe he's doing it more than other guys are," Hornacek said of Dragic playing mostly off the ball this season. "But that's what we have (three point guards), so we ask all our guys to do whatever it takes to win and that's what he's trying to do."

To me, that's Hornacek admitting that Dragic has made sacrifices while the other two haven't been as sacrificial. If I'm the Suns, I give Dragic credit for that. A lot of credit. And if I'm building a team for the future, I want people on the team who are willing to make sacrifices when asked.

imnew09
02-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Lakers should get on this.

LAKERS SHOULD DEF GET ON THIS!!!

swagga
02-12-2015, 05:37 PM
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2015/2/12/8025257/nba-trade-rumor-phoenix-suns-offering-goran-dragic-for-first-round

Even this year, despite having the ball in his hands a great deal less than in prior years, he's still producing about 16 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds per game. While Eric Bledsoe has the ball in his hands for 5 of his 33.9 minutes of playing time (38th in the league), and Isaiah Thomas has it for 4.4 of his 25.7 minutes, Goran has it for just 3.9 of his 33.4 minutes (58th in the league), per NBA.com/stats.

"Maybe he's doing it more than other guys are," Hornacek said of Dragic playing mostly off the ball this season. "But that's what we have (three point guards), so we ask all our guys to do whatever it takes to win and that's what he's trying to do."

To me, that's Hornacek admitting that Dragic has made sacrifices while the other two haven't been as sacrificial. If I'm the Suns, I give Dragic credit for that. A lot of credit. And if I'm building a team for the future, I want people on the team who are willing to make sacrifices when asked.

sarver begs to disagree.

dragic is losing his best years on a team without any clear direction. Imo he should bolt at the first opportunity. He'd be great in NY!

masonanddixon

How many 1st rd picks does LA have?

Lexington Steel
Phoenix is so f*cking stupid that it's hilarious.

Such a shit franchise.

masonanddixon
02-12-2015, 05:38 PM
sarver begs to disagree.

dragic is losing his best years on a team without any clear direction. Imo he should bolt at the first opportunity. He'd be great in NY!

Yeah they know he's getting the hell out of PHX so they are trying to trade him off. But how would he fit alongside Carmelo?

Levity
02-12-2015, 05:38 PM
How many 1st rd picks does LA have?

Cause we all know were gonna be a bottom 5 team this season :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

but back to the topic at hand... does PHX really think theyll make the playoffs trading Dragic for a 1st. or have they already forfeited that dream?

masonanddixon
02-12-2015, 05:41 PM

Cause we all know were gonna be a bottom 5 team this season :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

but back to the topic at hand... does PHX really think theyll make the playoffs trading Dragic for a 1st. or have they already forfeited that desire?

Seems like the idiot GM realises that no one will ever touch Bledsoe's absolute albatross of a contract (lmao, can't believe a bench player is making near max money) and he knows Goran is bolting so he's trying to get any sort of value in return before the end of the season.

alec613
02-12-2015, 05:46 PM

Bad move on the long run.
Besides, why risk another long setback for a 29-game rental player?
Surely they've learned their lesson already after trading for Dwight

Also he's nearing 30

Demon Lizard
02-12-2015, 05:50 PM
They could easily get more than this for him. At least go for a good 1st rounder plus a young talent with potential.

GOBB
02-12-2015, 05:50 PM
They could easily get more than this for him. At least go for a good 1st rounder plus a young talent with potential.

He's a free agent after the season. No thanks. You're lucky to even get a first rd pick for him. You want a young talent to boot? Do you do drugs?

Cocaine80s
02-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Cavs offer Dellevova +OKC first rounder:applause:

imdaman99
02-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Dragic is a good player, I want the Knicks to sign him in the offseason...but he's not a 21 year old. He is nearing 30 at a position that is dominated by mid 20 yr olds. Why is he being shopped?

Demon Lizard
02-12-2015, 05:58 PM
He's a free agent after the season. No thanks. You're lucky to even get a first rd pick for him. You want a young talent to boot? Do you do drugs?

I wasn't aware that he is becoming a free agent. Still, that is incredibly cheap, so the Suns must have no faith that they can keep him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-12-2015, 05:59 PM
LA could probably get both Dragic and the pick in the off-season, but I personally would rather draft D-Angelo ...

Levity
02-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Why is he being shopped?

im assuming its a lot of behind the scenes issues. Dragic doesnt seem happy with the current state of the suns. Just going by the latest suns TNT broadcast, you could see plenty of stretches where Bledsoe would dominate the ball for the whole possession, or clearly miss Dragic open for a corner 3. and Dragic made his frustrations visible during that game, with his whaling of his arms on missed plays, not to meantion his overall demeanor just screaming defeated.

lilteapot
02-12-2015, 06:05 PM

No, **** that. Get Okafor. Dragic is not a game changer and theres no guarantee he'd stay.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Lebron should get on this.

GOBB
02-12-2015, 06:17 PM
I wasn't aware that he is becoming a free agent. Still, that is incredibly cheap, so the Suns must have no faith that they can keep him.

Yeah because he hits the open market? Couple teams with money to spend will come calling. And given his age he will take the most money he can get and be in a better situation (not competing with other guards most likely).

ILLsmak
02-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Yeah because he hits the open market? Couple teams with money to spend will come calling. And given his age he will take the most money he can get and be in a better situation (not competing with other guards most likely).

I dunno if he gets on a contender, he might stay. Trying to think where he'd fit tho...

Seems like all of the teams that are good have a PG that is at least as good as Dragic. Or someone who they wouldn't start him over...

-Smak

Genaro
02-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Lakers should stay away from this. We can sign him in the off season as a FA.

El Kabong
02-12-2015, 06:54 PM
I'd give up Golden States 1st rounder for him, but he'd likely bolt from Utah at the end of the year, so it'd be a waste of a pick.

Levity
02-12-2015, 06:54 PM
as a laker fan who wants dragic, i would try this

Offer HOU's first + Hill for dragic and the return of our own first round pick.

Why either team does it? Lakers are on pace to keep their pick, so if PHX fears that, doing this deal still nets them a 1st rounder (albeit late) and also a good rotation big man (possibly starter) to help them keep that 8th seed spot

The lakers consider it because 1. they guarantee they keep their own pick and 2. they can give dragic the keys to the team for the rest of the season in hopes of convincing him to re-sign this summer

but if phx doesnt want to do the deal... thats more than fine. because again, were on pace to keep our pick with our current line up and we can always go after Dragic this summer and having a late 1st rd pick at our disposal is the icing on that already delicious cake

boozehound
02-12-2015, 06:57 PM
he's an UFA right? Therein lies the problem. Hes not worth that much for a 30 game rental. Suns probably dont want to pay him the max. Kind of want the pistons to go after him......

Pushxx
02-12-2015, 08:25 PM
There are only two reasons to trade for Dragic:

1. You intend to use the half-year rental for playoff success.
2. You intend to pay him the max salary over the other 29 teams who can't.

ihatetimthomas
02-12-2015, 08:28 PM
They know they prob can't keep him and no one is throwing a bunch of assets for a rental. At this point, they would like to get something of value for him rather than nothing at all. That 3 point guard thing can't sustain

bdreason
02-12-2015, 08:37 PM
I just hope Houston doesn't get him.

We need to start sending talent East.

NugzFan
02-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Cavs offer Dellevova +OKC first rounder:applause:

I thought Denver had the okc pick.

HylianNightmare
02-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Smart to move him now. Miami should make moves

Eric Cartman
02-12-2015, 09:29 PM
OKC should be all over this.

buddha
02-12-2015, 09:33 PM
if those dumbass mav's didn't trade for Rondo they could have traded Brandan Wright and a couple firsts for Dragic who is much better fit next to Ellis.

if any team should trade for him though it should be the Spurs. Tony Parker is done.

ProfessorMurder
02-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Pistons.

Xsatyr
02-12-2015, 09:58 PM
It doesn't make sense for a shitty team to go after him because he is not resigning. I can see Morey going after him because Harden needs help. Not to mention it's no secret Dragic likes Houston.

El Kabong
02-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Correct.

Rockets could send out the pick they're owed from the Pelicans this year if they really felt Dragic would get them over the hump. Worked for the Pistons with Rasheed Wallace.

livingby3's
02-12-2015, 10:54 PM
so we're keeping the 2 chucking midgets? one with no instincts of a point guard and another who doesn't wanna play D?

Trading away the one who came back to Phx, who actually wants to play for them even after they dealt him for fking Aaron Brooks. The one who studied under Suns legend Steve Nash and had shown that he's a fighter and never back down against the competition. The one who even persuade his brother to join the team but the Suns under utilized both of them. The one who appears to be the leader of the Phx Suns last season winning the MIP. The one who never gave up on the team even after u F him all over again, and again.

Don't even feel bad about this, Phoenix doesn't deserve the Dragon. And Zoran too seems like a guy with good character, I wish them the best.

longtime lurker
02-12-2015, 11:06 PM
as a laker fan who wants dragic, i would try this

Offer HOU's first + Hill for dragic and the return of our own first round pick.

Why either team does it? Lakers are on pace to keep their pick, so if PHX fears that, doing this deal still nets them a 1st rounder (albeit late) and also a good rotation big man (possibly starter) to help them keep that 8th seed spot

The lakers consider it because 1. they guarantee they keep their own pick and 2. they can give dragic the keys to the team for the rest of the season in hopes of convincing him to re-sign this summer

but if phx doesnt want to do the deal... thats more than fine. because again, were on pace to keep our pick with our current line up and we can always go after Dragic this summer and having a late 1st rd pick at our disposal is the icing on that already delicious cake

I doubt the Suns make the deal because next year's pick will most certainly won't be top 3, plus there's always the outside chance we fall out of the top 5 this year. I'd do the deal if we get Dragic's bird rights, since we'd still be able to pay him the most. We might also look better to some of the high value free agents.

livingby3's
02-12-2015, 11:34 PM
They should still get rid of Thomas. Ennis and Goodwin deserve playtime

navy
02-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Get rid of Thomas.

Cocaine80s
02-12-2015, 11:40 PM

Correct.

Rockets could send out the pick they're owed from the Pelicans this year if they really felt Dragic would get them over the hump. Worked for the Pistons with Rasheed Wallace.
No the cavs have it im pretty sure...

navy
02-12-2015, 11:40 PM
It doesn't make sense for a shitty team to go after him because he is not resigning. I can see Morey going after him because Harden needs help. Not to mention it's no secret Dragic likes Houston.
He does? Why did they let him go then?

Xsatyr
02-12-2015, 11:50 PM
He does? Why did they let him go then?

Dragic wanted a player option for his last year which limited flexibility for Morey. Also, Les wanted that Asian market from Lin to replace Yao's absence.

navy
02-13-2015, 12:03 AM
Dragic wanted a player option for his last year which limited flexibility for Morey. Also, Les wanted that Asian market from Lin to replace Yao's absence.
lol, so he's gonna want to go back knowing Morey wont hesitate in a second to let him go.

Smook A.
02-13-2015, 12:09 AM
This is screaming Houston all the way. The Rockets are desperately in need of a good point guard, and Beverley is definitely not our PG heading into the future. Right now, Houston currently has New Orleans' 2015 lottery pick from that Asik trade. That pick + a filler for Dragic would be great.

Bring Gogi back, Morey!

Beastmode88
02-13-2015, 12:14 AM
D4L on suicide watch.

navy
02-13-2015, 12:15 AM
D4L on suicide watch.
Why? Suns arent going anywhere.

Jud
02-13-2015, 12:17 AM
Why? Suns arent going anywhere.
oh damn

navy
02-13-2015, 12:17 AM
oh damn
Wasnt a diss. It's pretty much accepting that they have a first round ceiling if they make the playoffs.

El Kabong
02-13-2015, 12:44 AM
They forwarded it, along with a pick owed from Memphis to Denver for Mozgov.

livingby3's
02-13-2015, 12:45 AM
D4L on suicide watch.

He doesn't really care, just another gimmick acct

NugzFan
02-13-2015, 01:47 AM

so what picks did we get for mozgov?

Xsatyr
02-13-2015, 02:11 AM
lol, so he's gonna want to go back knowing Morey wont hesitate in a second to let him go.

He still likes Houston even Suns fans know that. He followed the Rockets on twitter about a month ago and then unfollowed them. He then followed them again the same day. The initial rumors about Rockets going for Dragic started just before that. Unless Gogi is having fun trolling.

KNOW1EDGE
02-13-2015, 02:16 AM
I don't think anybody will trade for him without a guarantee he will re-sign with them.

I would LOVE him on the Blazers coming of the bench, but he's too good for that.

If the Blazers moved Matthews or Batum I would love to see Dragic starting in the back court with Lillard.

Cocaine80s
02-13-2015, 02:36 AM
They forwarded it, along with a pick owed from Memphis to Denver for Mozgov.
:biggums:
:facepalm my bad I'm an idiot

RoseCity07
02-13-2015, 03:30 AM
Do it Phoenix lmao.

qrich
02-13-2015, 03:35 AM
Dude's leaving this summer, a first for a 30 game rental won't be easy to acquire, despite how much of a talent Drago might be.

The Bucks would be a great fit,maybe a deal of Sanders + 1st for Dragic + End of bench young guy + 2nd?

sfballa13
02-13-2015, 03:42 AM
Pistons need to go for Dragic

Dragic, Green
for
Jerebko, Jennings, 2015 unprotected 1st round pick, Dinwiddie

Dragic / Augustin
KCP / Meeks
Green / Singler - Butler
Monroe / Tolliver
Drummond / Anthony

At worst, Pistons lose a pick in the 13-15 range (given they make the playoffs) and clear Jennings 8M off next year's cap

At best, Dragic flourishes under SVG and decides to resign netting Detroit its franchise PG to pair with Drummond/Monroe.

Suns get a 1st, a young PG prospect, and maybe the Suns staff can help Jennings get back to full health quicker than expected if not he expires next season

Duderonomy
02-13-2015, 07:13 AM
Dude's leaving this summer, a first for a 30 game rental won't be easy to acquire, despite how much of a talent Drago might be.

The Bucks would be a great fit,maybe a deal of Sanders + 1st for Dragic + End of bench young guy + 2nd?
No he wouldn't . maybe you have been living under a rock but they have Brandan Knight. Really only Detroit or Miami could use him right now but I think both SVG and Riley are too stubborn to give up a first.

keep-itreal
02-13-2015, 07:55 AM
Dragic to the Spurs

Goran Dragic
Danny Green
Kawhi Leonard
Tim Duncan
Tiago Splitter

#Dynasty

Crimsonrain777
02-13-2015, 10:31 AM
is he good? can the Heat get him?(seriously?)

DMAVS41
02-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Not sure who they should trade, but they should make a trade in my opinion.

If it's Dragic....I don't think it would be terrible.

The Celtics have a ton of picks and need a pg.

Dragic for Avery Bradley and one of their better first rounders? Kind of like that deal for everyone

Dragic and Smart would be amazing. And the the Thomas, Bledsoe, Bradley combination would be really versatile.

MMM
02-13-2015, 10:50 AM
feel like the C's can be a fit with the millions of first round picked they are owed but they shouldn't give up a valuable first for a rental

DMAVS41
02-13-2015, 10:54 AM
feel like the C's can be a fit with the millions of first round picked they are owed but they shouldn't give up a valuable first for a rental

Yea, you'd have to get I'm to basically commit before you make a move for Dragic, but if they could turn Bradley and a first into Dragic long term it would be a huge win for them.

Dragic, Smart, Sullinger, Olynk, Zeller, Bradley (if they keep him and just give up picks), and then loads of cap space and the ability to make big trades to match contracts with the Wallace contract...

The future is looking great in Boston if they could swing a deal like this. They badly need a guy to run that team at point and Dragic would be a perfect fit imo.