PDA

View Full Version : Who's your "sophmore of the year" at this point in the season?

Levity
02-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Oladipo started off the season slowly, maybe due to injury, but has found his stride as one of the best sophmores in the league. but do you consider him the best at this point?

MCW is been inefficent (whats new), but has had some eye opening games here and there.

a player making a name for himself out of left field, robert covington, has been a pleasant surprise for sixers fans, as they finally have someone who can hit an outside shot consistently

Kelly Olynyk is having his up and downs this year.

Shabazz was playing pretty damn well for himself before he went down with the injury.

thats just a quick, non thought out recap of current sophmores with some substance to their game. but back to the question at hand...

who is your sophmore of the year at this point?

MP.Trey
02-12-2015, 06:47 PM
Oladipo for sure. Dude's been killing it lately.

Rake2204
02-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Do we have some statistics for some of these folks for reference?

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope isn't the best sophomore out there, but he's making some strides. He may end up being a pretty good defender when it's all said and done. Otherwise, he's averaging 12 points per game on 40% shooting (ouch) and 35% from deep. The percentages are rough, but he's progressed as the season's carried on.

Fire Colangelo
02-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Oladipo if i really had to pick one, in the few Magic games I've seen he's been great.

on a side note, i can barely remember anyone else other than MCW and Oladipo from last year's draft :facepalm probably will be looked as one of the worst drafts.

Joyner82reload
02-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Based on stats, Oladipo

Actually based on impact and ability to contribute to a team positively? Steven Adams

Adams will probably end up as the best player out of that terrible draft

JohnMax
02-12-2015, 07:03 PM
http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/15/8/pts/1-1

G-train
02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Based on stats, Oladipo

Actually based on impact and ability to contribute to a team positively? Steven Adams

Adams will probably end up as the best player out of that terrible draft

Fair chance that he isn't even the best centre. Len and Noel are no slouches.

As usual, drafts get picked apart after one or two seasons, then 4-5 seasons in everyone thinks they are great.

Xiao Yao You
02-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Gobert! :bowdown:

FireDavidKahn
02-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Shabazz is something like top 20 in terms of scoring per 36 abd the guy is one of the best offensive rebounding forwards in the league. The guy has made an incredible leap.

Fire Colangelo
02-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Fair chance that he isn't even the best centre. Len and Noel are no slouches.

As usual, drafts get picked apart after one or two seasons, then 4-5 seasons in everyone thinks they are great.

How many lottery picks were considered scrubs, and really broke out in their 4th-5th year?

Most great players show flashes of potential in their first couple seasons, nobody scrub it out for the first couple of years and break out in 4-5th season...

unless you mean great role players, then I agree. Noel, Len, Bennett, Olynyk, Adams, etc will be great role players in a couple of years.

Giannis is the only one with star potential from what I've seen. So scratch Oladipo, Giannis is my sophomore of the year.

atljonesbro
02-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Dennis Schroder is gonna be an allstar one day. You can already see it in how he plays. Perfect amount of skill, confidence, and athleticism.

Ariza4three
02-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Dipo or Giannis. They are both on a tier above everyone else.

buddha
02-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Giannis or Mason Plumlee

if Rudy Gobert was starting it'd be him

Human Error
02-12-2015, 07:33 PM
There are lots of sophomores with potential to have solid careers.

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Rudy Gobert
Alex Len
Victor Oladipo
Steven Adams
Nerlens Noel
Dennis Schr

DukeDelonte13
02-12-2015, 07:56 PM
giannis

HylianNightmare
02-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Oladipo has a case but that's more of a testament of the draft being weak than him actually being good

Ariza4three
02-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Oladipo has a case but that's more of a testament of the draft being weak than him actually being good
ur such a dipo hater >.>

HylianNightmare
02-12-2015, 08:15 PM
ur such a dipo hater >.>
I am. he's just so frustrating cause I expected him to take a big step this season and I just haven't seen that yet. I want to see him be more aggressive

Ariza4three
02-12-2015, 08:17 PM
I am. he's just so frustrating cause I expected him to take a big step this season and I just haven't seen that yet. I want to see him be more aggressive
Yeah he has the ability to get to the rim at will and settles for jumpers. Frustrating yeah, but he's putting up almost exactly the numbers Wade put up at the same age. We just gotta be patient I guess.

Milbuck
02-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Dipo or Giannis. They are both on a tier above everyone else.
Pretty much. Only legit future stars imo. But there's a good amount of depth of solid players like Adams, Noel, MCW, Gobert, Schroder, Shabazz, Dieng, Hardaway Jr., Mclemore, Olynyk.
Stop. Dipo is a stud and this draft is underrated as ****. Need more time to evaluate, we're literally just a season and a half in.

chocolatethunder
02-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Shabazz is something like top 20 in terms of scoring per 36 abd the guy is one of the best offensive rebounding forwards in the league. The guy has made an incredible leap.
I know. It's amazing what losing weight, getting in shape and playing like you care and actually have a clue will do for your game. I've been very happy with him when he's been healthy.