PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard, Doc Rivers, & Chris Paul...what happened to these guys?

1987_Lakers
02-13-2015, 01:34 AM
Are these guys not as good as we thought they were?

Dwight Howard - Made the Finals in 2009, was MVP caliber in 2011. Just not the same player anymore. Now he is riddled with injuries and although still all-star caliber player he is no where near superstar status as he was 4 years ago.

Chris Paul - Has seemed to regressed this year. Had amazing MVP caliber seasons in 2008 & 2009, no where near that level now. Still has never gotten to a conference Final.

Doc Rivers - Won a title in 2008, but with the Clippers he hasn't made much progress. People use to bitch about Vinny Del Negro being an awful coach, but Doc Rivers hasn't been an amazing upgrade. They are pretty much the same team they were with Del Negro and have even regressed this year.

Demon Lizard
02-13-2015, 01:36 AM
Well, you answered your own question on the Dwight one.

HOoopCityJones
02-13-2015, 01:42 AM
Been saying this for awhile now.

Those three names are the most overrated in Basketball right now.

Dwight isn't even a factor for HOU this season, they'll definitely need his defense come post season , but if Harden keeps playing outta his mind I don't think they'll miss his Offensive impact at all.

RonSwanson
02-13-2015, 02:17 AM
Coward is just a 6'10 forward with elite athleticism. That's pretty much it

coin24
02-13-2015, 02:22 AM
Most people with half a brain know all of those 3 are overrated.

Fire Colangelo
02-13-2015, 02:35 AM
Dwight - Back injuries started in 2012.
CP3 - Injured in 2010
Doc - Overrated

Genaro
02-13-2015, 03:00 AM
Dwight - Injuries. Since the back he's not the same and now his knees are causin trouble.
CP - Although he had injuries that kept him from being the player he was in 08/09, he had a great year last year. I don't know what's happening now but he's still playing well though not great.
Doc - Overrated. Good motivator who needs elite assistants.

tomtucker
02-13-2015, 04:09 AM
what happened to these guys ?
age, father time........nobody is young forever, it happens to every human and animal, that is just how life is

SyRyanYang
02-13-2015, 04:13 AM
what happened to these guys ?
age, father time........nobody is young forever, it happens to every human and animal, that is just how life is
Doc is too old to be a coach?:biggums:

Prime_Shaq
02-13-2015, 05:06 AM
Even before the injury though, I felt Howard had very slow progress on developing his post moves. Would be interesting how he would rank today had he progressed further and avoided injuries.

T_L_P
02-13-2015, 05:13 AM
Dwight and Doc are frauds.

Chris Paul is still a top 3 PG in the NBA.

Eric Cartman
02-13-2015, 05:30 AM
Never understood why Doc is held in such high regard, yes he won a title, but look at how stacked that team was, also had thibs running his genius offense. Notwithstanding, some theories that could help explain this are:

1. He is black - not many successful black coaches in the NBA, Byron Scott is garbage, so is Monty Williams, Doc is the only one with a title, correct me if I'm wrong. The white man has to prop up some negro, doc fits the bill.

2. Charisma - great with cameras and speaking to the media, this uncle tom has nikkas wrapped around his dick.

Dude is nothing more than a fraud.

josh99
02-13-2015, 06:32 AM
Even before the injury though, I felt Howard had very slow progress on developing his post moves. Would be interesting how he would rank today had he progressed further and avoided injuries.
He should have just avoided back to the basket post moves all together. It's just not for him. He should have worked on his mid range shot and stuck to faceup drives and pick n rolls like prime Amare.

Too late for that now though, injuries have taken over and it's not often that we see big men come back from nagging injuries so I doubt we will ever see him the same again.

JellyBean
02-13-2015, 06:42 AM

:roll: I know. I read that too. WT:confusedshrug:

RoseCity07
02-13-2015, 06:45 AM
Doc Rivers was never a good coach.

Dwight got injured and he was never good enough to actually carry a team to a championship.

Chris Paul still has time. He just can't win with LA because Blake Griffin is not the complete package. If Griffin was a great defender they'd be a serious threat. Cp3 needs better players. Even John Stockton needed Malone to get to the Finals.

Prime_Shaq
02-13-2015, 06:50 AM
He should have just avoided back to the basket post moves all together. It's just not for him. He should have worked on his mid range shot and stuck to faceup drives and pick n rolls like prime Amare.

Too late for that now though, injuries have taken over and it's not often that we see big men come back from nagging injuries so I doubt we will ever see him the same again.
Yeah those faceup drives were money for him. I guess it was the media pressure that wanted him to be like Shaq

coin24
02-13-2015, 07:14 AM
dont ever compare loser Dwert to the diesel

sportjames23
02-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Never understood why Doc is held in such high regard, yes he won a title, but look at how stacked that team was, also had thibs running his genius offense. Notwithstanding, some theories that could help explain this are:

1. He is black - not many successful black coaches in the NBA, Byron Scott is garbage, so is Monty Williams, Doc is the only one with a title, correct me if I'm wrong. The white man has to prop up some negro, doc fits the bill.

2. Charisma - great with cameras and speaking to the media, this uncle tom has nikkas wrapped around his dick.

Dude is nothing more than a fraud.

Bill Russell, K.C. Jones, Lenny Wilkens, and Al Attles say "Hi".

There's not many successful coaches in the NBA period. All those successful white coaches (who've won a majority of the titles in NBA history combined)? They ALL had stacked teams. Auerbach, Riley, Jackson, Pop--ALL of them had stacked teams, or the most talented players.

Without a stacked team or the best two or three players in the game, no coach is going to win.

beastee
02-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Without a stacked team or the best two or three players in the game, no coach is going to win.
What is Brooks excuse then? He literally has 2 of the best 3 players on his team right now.

Wade's Rings
02-13-2015, 09:02 AM
What is Brooks excuse then? He literally has 2 of the best 3 players on his team right now.

No excuse he just sucks lol.

Prime_Shaq
02-13-2015, 09:15 AM
dont ever compare loser Dwert to the diesel
Well I did see certain similarities but you're right, its a damn insult to compare the 2 of them now. Could've been totally different though.

3peated
02-13-2015, 09:39 AM
its tough seeing dwight not be so dominate. he led that magic team with a very weak 2nd option to the finals. very impressive still imo.

Ariza4three
02-13-2015, 09:53 AM
its tough seeing dwight not be so dominate. he led that magic team with a very weak 2nd option to the finals. very impressive still imo.
He was never the same after the injury.

Chadwin
02-13-2015, 10:03 AM
I saw some flashes of a decent post game against Portland in the playoffs, but other than that Dwight has not developed his game at all. He had some good seasons but when you consider his ridiculous athletic gifts when he showed up he should have been a lot more dominant.

FLDFSU
02-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Who knew a website dedicated to discussing a league with over 75 percent black participation could be filled with racist morons?

Just wait a couple of months until baseball season starts up and spew your racist garbage on message boards covering that sport.

Darius
02-13-2015, 12:45 PM
lol, what is this thread?

1) Injured
2) Had injury that took his athleticism away in 2010. Still one of the best players in the league.
3) Still a top 10 coach.

HOoopCityJones
02-13-2015, 12:51 PM

Dwight got injured and he was never good enough to actually carry a team to a championship.

Chris Paul still has time. He just can't win with LA because Blake Griffin is not the complete package. If Griffin was a great defender they'd be a serious threat. Cp3 needs better players. Even John Stockton needed Malone to get to the Finals.

:biggums:

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2015, 12:53 PM
I never thought Rivers was anything special. Celtics sucked before they got Garnett and Allen. Pierce alone should have had them competing in the east.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-13-2015, 12:59 PM
I believe KG, PP and Ray Allen would have won a championship under any coach in 2008. They were just that hungry.

FLDFSU
02-13-2015, 01:01 PM
And its funny how the same morons calling the Celtics stacked now also thought that the Heat were the most stacked team of all time and thought that Lebron should, by himself, should have been able to defeat that team.

They also called Boston old in the context of Lebron James, but suddenly Doc should have done more with said "old roster."

Doc also took that team, one WAY WAY past their primes to multiple ECF and a 4th Quarter without his starting center, from winning two rings.

Same idiots in one context talk like Boston was garbage, but now in this context act like, act like Boston should have one five rings.

ISH :facepalm

tomtucker
02-13-2015, 02:50 PM

:oldlol: my bad..............anyway, he used to suck, but then he signed his son.............and completely redeemed himself !

LakersFan626
02-13-2015, 05:49 PM

Doc got the 99-00 Magic to .500, with Darrell Armstrong as the main guy. That is probably his most impressive accomplishment outside of his ring... had a team with no superstar in the playoff race until the last day of the season (losing out to a team that had Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, and Glenn Robinson). Doc is starting to become UNDERrated.

aj1987
02-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Dwight and Doc are frauds.

Chris Paul is still a top 3 PG in the NBA.
Dwight was a BEAST. How the heck is he a fraud. I'm assuming that you're never seem him play for the Magic. Dude was a monster defensively. His offense was suspect, but he was a defensive juggernaut.

:roll: @ CP3 being a top 3 PG.