PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gobert, reflecting back on being drafted lower than hoped

insidehoops
02-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Q. When you came out you said you wanted to be a top seven or eight pick. Do you feel like you're proving wrong some of the teams that didn't take you?

RUDY GOBERT: Of course. Of course. I have a lot of pride. So*I got drafted 27, but I knew I should have been drafted higher. Every day I'm trying to make them regret not drafting me.

-- At All-Star media availability

nuraman00
09-24-2015, 11:11 PM
Q. When you came out you said you wanted to be a top seven or eight pick. Do you feel like you're proving wrong some of the teams that didn't take you?

RUDY GOBERT: Of course. Of course. I have a lot of pride. So*I got drafted 27, but I knew I should have been drafted higher. Every day I'm trying to make them regret not drafting me.

-- At All-Star media availability
I like Gobert's game, but I'm not a fan of players that need slights to motivate them, for so much of their career.

Xiao Yao You
09-25-2015, 09:55 AM
I like Gobert's game, but I'm not a fan of players that need slights to motivate them, for so much of their career.

I'm ok with it. He plays with a chip on his shoulder. Can't wait to see him go after Hibbert and Pau this year. He'll be looking to prove something.