L.Kizzle
02-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Lin.

inclinerator
02-15-2015, 01:34 AM
tebow

HorryIsMyMVP
02-15-2015, 01:35 AM
I don't get why Tebow is a fluke he won a playoff game against pittsburgh then lost against new england. he accomplished more then peyton manning did this year even though tebow had a lot less talent on his team.

SouBeachTalents
02-15-2015, 01:36 AM
I don't get why Tebow is a fluke he won a playoff game against pittsburgh then lost against new england. he accomplished more then peyton manning did this year even though tebow had a lot less talent on his team.

Lol, he's a fluke because maybe he never started an NFL game again, and two years later was out of, and continues to be, out of the NFL completely

Heavincent
It is kind of funny how Peyton Manning only had one more playoff win than Tebow in Denver.

bigkingsfan
Tebow passing completion is 47.9 % that has to be the worst in the history of the NFL with a minimum of 10 starts.

BasedTom
02-15-2015, 01:38 AM
Neither were flukes

LoneyROY7
02-15-2015, 01:39 AM
At least Tebow can lay claim to being one of greatest college players of all-time. Lin's entire legacy is built off a 20 game stretch.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 01:43 AM
I absolutely hated Tim Tebow, the way ESPN and the media would talk about this guy 24/7 was annoying, anyone with common sense can see that he was an awful QB, but then he wins a lucky playoff game and you have Skip Bayless and the rest of ESPN all on his nuts. I even had a christian friend who was obsessed with Tebow and thought he would be a good QB. Glad he was exposed.

oarabbus
02-15-2015, 01:44 AM
It is kind of funny how Peyton Manning only had one more playoff win than Tebow in Denver.

That means nothing since getting the bye is essentially an auto playoff victory and Peyton snagged that 3 times. Peyton is overrated but let's not act like "he only had one more victory than Tebow" actually means anything/isn't misleading.

HorryIsMyMVP
02-15-2015, 01:44 AM
Lol, he's a fluke because maybe he never started an NFL game again, and two years later was out of, and continues to be, out of the NFL completely
How is that Tebow's fault exactly? He played solid in the post season for someone with very little experience.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 01:46 AM
He played solid in the post season for someone with very little experience.

Then why isn't he in the NFL at the moment?:oldlol:

Ariza4three
02-15-2015, 01:47 AM
Lin. Definitely. Tebow is one of the GOAT college players at least

bigkingsfan
02-15-2015, 01:47 AM
How is that Tebow's fault exactly? He played solid in the post season for someone with very little experience.
He played solid in the playoffs if you completely forget about the NE game.

SouBeachTalents
02-15-2015, 01:48 AM
Tebow passing completion is 47.9 % that has to be the worst in the history of the NFL with a minimum of 10 starts.

Believe it or not, that wouldn't even put Tebow in the top 20 worst completion percentage of all time

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=lpXsA

DMV2
02-15-2015, 01:50 AM
Tebow never really got a fair shot in the NFL. Plus, he's a shoe-in College Football Hall of Famer.

Lin has gotten plenty of fair chances since Linsanity but has failed miserably. Losing your starting job to Ronnie Price and whoever the Lakers current starting PG is? Then you're really bad.

At least Tebow lost his Denver job to a legend.

Marchesk
02-15-2015, 01:52 AM
I don't get why Tebow wasn't given another opportunity to start for some crappy team. Yeah, the guy could be brutal at QB, but he did seem to have this winning quality about him. He appeared to be a good leader and played a lot better come the 4th quarter.

Just given how bad some of the starting QBs turn out to be in the NFL, it makes you wonder. Sure, some prototypical QB drafted in the top 15 can throw the ball a lot better than Tebow, but the result is not any better. At least Tebow gives you the running dimension, and isn't going to wilt mentally.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 01:53 AM
Tebow never really got a fair shot in the NFL. Plus, he's a shoe-in College Football Hall of Famer.

Lin has gotten plenty of fair chances since Linsanity but has failed miserably. Losing your starting job to Ronnie Price and whoever the Lakers current starting PG is? Then you're really bad.

At least Tebow lost his Denver job to a legend.

How is that any worse than not being able to win a starting QB job over Mark Sanchez and being out of the league?

zoom17
02-15-2015, 01:54 AM
I don't get why Tebow wasn't given another opportunity to start for some crappy team. Yeah, the guy could be brutal at QB, but he did seem to have this winning quality about him. He appeared to be a good leader and played a lot better come the 4th quarter.

Just given how bad some of the starting QBs turn out to be in the NFL, it makes you wonder. Sure, some prototypical QB drafted in the top 15 can throw the ball a lot better than Tebow, but the result is not any better. At least Tebow gives you the running dimension, and isn't going to wilt mentally.

Dude is straight garbage.

Marchesk
02-15-2015, 01:54 AM
How is that any worse than not being able to win a starting QB job over Mark Sanchez and being out of the league?

That's what I didn't understand. Sanchez sucked when he didn't have a great team around him. He was terrible that year, but Rex wanted to stick by him.

SouBeachTalents
02-15-2015, 01:55 AM

I don't see how Tebow could be any worse than Ryan Lindley

bigkingsfan
02-15-2015, 01:55 AM
Believe it or not, that wouldn't even put Tebow in the top 20 worst completion percentage of all time

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=lpXsA

Three other players in the 90's or after.

Marchesk
02-15-2015, 01:56 AM
Dude is straight garbage.

He was at times, but that Denver team did go on a big winning streak with him at QB, and won a playoff game. There's been worse careers.

oarabbus
02-15-2015, 01:56 AM

Yeah... Unless Lin can't find a job in the league after this season, or Tebow finds a spot it's pretty dumb to try to claim Lin is a bigger fluke.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 01:58 AM
It is worse because Sanchez was a top 5 pick and a prospect. Yeah, he became a bust but still a bigger competition than Ronnie Price. Price is just undrafted journeymen, a career third stringer.

Also, career span in NFL is much much shorter than the NBA. Another factor is that Lin is much much more marketable than Tebow. NBA-China-Asian market is well-known.

Marchesk
02-15-2015, 02:00 AM
It is worse because Sanchez was a top 5 pick and a prospect. Yeah, he became a bust but still a bigger competition than Ronnie Price. Price is just undrafted journeymen, a career third stringer.

Sanchez had also been to two AFC championship games. That probably had something to do with Rex wanting to stick it out with him. That and Rex didn't like Tebow.

I don't think Tebow got a fair shot either. Could he have been that much worse than what Jacksonville has had at QB?

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 02:13 AM

Also, career span in NFL is much much shorter than the NBA. Another factor is that Lin is much much more marketable than Tebow. NBA-China-Asian market is well-known.

Come on, when Tebow went to New York Mark Sanchez was considered one of the worst starting QBs in the league. Tebow was a college legend and was all over ESPN, you don't think he was marketable?

In that one year Tebow was with the Broncos they the worst passing team in the league. This guy was a scrub.

Collie
02-15-2015, 02:15 AM
Tebow. I mean, Lin at least can be a serviceable player. His past 3 seasons were much better sport equivalent-wise to what Tebow has done for a single year.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 02:16 AM
Seriously..think about this for a second.

Lin is the only person to ever lose a starting job to Ronnie Price. Ronnie fcking Price! And Price has been around for about 10 years now. Career PPG high is 4.3. Career high APG is 2.1 Career high MPG is 14.2.

At least Tebow lost to Peyton Manning, future HOFer, one of the best QBs ever and a top prospect, top 5 pick in Mark Sanchez.

Again, never given the same amount of chances as Lin has gotten.

Marchesk
02-15-2015, 02:17 AM
Come on, when Tebow went to New York Mark Sanchez was considered one of the worst starting QBs in the league. Tebow was a college legend and was all over ESPN, you don't think he was marketable?

In that one year Tebow was with the Broncos they the worst passing teams in the league. This guy was a scrub.

Yeah, but then again they had a much better passer starting ahead of Tebow. The team was losing and the guy gets replaced by Tebow. They start winning. Now maybe that had more to do with the rest of the team, but it did seem like Tebow brought some intangibles to the team that sort of made up for his poor passing. Kyle Orton wasn't worse than Sanchez.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 02:23 AM

In that one year Tebow was with the Broncos they the worst passing team in the league. This guy was a scrub.
Compared to Lin marketing value? not even close. It's just ESPN football guys about Tebow by the way. Lin had the WallStreet Journal writing about him, not just ESPN basketball. Plus, football don't market individual players, they mainly market teams, rivalries. Lin is living off the Asian market.

And at the end of the day, I can live at peace losing a starting job to Peyton Manning and Mark Sanchez. Losing to Ronnie Price? I'm retiring immediately and donating all of my contract money to charity.

Also being the worst starting QB means there are 31 other QBs better than you. Being a thirdstring PG like Price, it means that there are at least 60 PGs that are better than you. 60+ PG each year since Price entered the league in 2005 and Lin is the only guy Price has beaten for a starting job. That is pathetic!!!!!!

stalkerforlife
02-15-2015, 02:33 AM
The Tebow BS is perpetuated by the secret society. Fact is, compared to a lot of top QBs in as many starts, Tebow was better. Tebow demolishes Elway in as many starts.

Tebow is a great football player and definitely no fluke. Possibly the greatest college QB of all time and would be great in the NFL if the satanists didn't run things.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 02:34 AM
Compared to Lin marketing value? not even close. It's just ESPN football guys about Tebow by the way. Lin had the WallStreet Journal writing about him, not just ESPN basketball. Plus, football don't market individual players, they mainly market teams, rivalries. Lin is living off the Asian market.

And at the end of the day, I can live at peace losing a starting job to Peyton Manning and Mark Sanchez. Losing to Ronnie Price? I'm retiring immediately and donating all of my contract money to charity.

Lakers are in full tank mode, look the numbers, Lin is more productive than Price. Lin was the starting PG for Houston two years and he is still an NBA player after his fluke. Tebow can't even make a team.

Maybe the reason Tebow never got another shot is because the coaches who know more about football than you and me saw that he was awful.

And I would not live in peace losing my starting job to Mark Sanchez.:oldlol:

Collie
02-15-2015, 02:36 AM
It's Byron Scott, not Lin. As bad as this year has been for him, Lin is definitely playing better than Ronnie Price by all metrics. Anyway, the Lakers are tanking, so it's a moot point.

stalkerforlife
02-15-2015, 02:37 AM
Tebow didn't lose anything to Sanchez other than the head coach being in love with Sanchez..literally. He has a tattoo of the man on him. Look it up.

Tebow absolutely demolishes Elway in as many starts. Tebow was never given a fair shake because of his beliefs.

SouBeachTalents
02-15-2015, 02:37 AM
Lakers are in full tank mode, look the numbers, Lin is more productive than Price. Lin was the starting PG for Houston two years and he is still an NBA player after his fluke. Tebow can't even make a team.

Maybe the reason Tebow never got another shot is because the coaches who know more about football than you and me saw that he was awful.

He never "lost" his starting job to Sanchez, Sanchez was the starter all year. Even 3rd stringer Greg McElroy got more snaps than Tebow did that year.

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 02:42 AM
I'd say Lin.

Tebow was a super succesful college player, won a playoff game in the NFL, but most talent scouts knew he was not fit to be an NFL qb. Nothing flukey about his career.

Lin flew under the radar. Then exploded onto the scene in NY for a single season. Ever since he has been extremely mediocre at best. He had one fluke of a good season.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 02:43 AM

LOL....ridiculous to think Lin would make the different between winning a game and losing for the Lakers. Theyre losing 4 out of 5 either way. Also, he got benched.

Because it's a lost season for the Lakers so it's actually should be in Lin's favor because he's playing for a contract. The least he can do is put up empty stats. And he cant even do that.

Jud
02-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Tebow. He's not even in the NFL anymore :lol

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 02:44 AM
He never "lost" his starting job to Sanchez, Sanchez was the starter all year. Even 3rd stringer Greg McElroy got more snaps than Tebow did that year.

Doesn't change the fact that he couldnt start over one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

Marchesk
02-15-2015, 02:46 AM
Tebow was a super succesful college player, won a playoff game in the NFL, but most talent scouts knew he was not fit to be an NFL qb. Nothing flukey about his career.

I get that, but there's some really crappy QBs they didn't give up on so fast. Tebow does bring something extra to the table. Maybe that wouldn't have made up for his innacuracy as a passer over the long haul, given how NFL defenses adapt. But I just can't believe he's worse than some of the QBs who get a lot more chances.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 02:47 AM
I'd say Lin.

Lin flew under the radar. Then exploded onto the scene in NY for a single season. Ever since he has been extremely mediocre at best. He had one fluke of a good season.
One fluke great 2-week stretch in February 2012.

Lin wasn't bad in Houston, was actually decent but in LA, he just straight up suck.

Marchesk
02-15-2015, 02:47 AM
Doesn't change the fact that he couldnt start over one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

But it was like why not try Tebow in that situation. Sanchez couldn't do anything. The team sucked. At least Tebow could run for first downs and would bring excitement. The Jets were a circus show anyway.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 02:50 AM
That means you suck. Tebow does suck.

But being the only person to ever lose a starting job to Ronnie Price in 10 years ....while on your contract year.....that means you're biggest fluke in NBA history.

Collie
02-15-2015, 02:51 AM
LOL....ridiculous to think Lin would make the different between winning a game and losing for the Lakers. Theyre losing 4 out of 5 either way. Also, he got benched.

Because it's a lost season for the Lakers so it's actually should be in Lin's favor because he's playing for a contract. The least he can do is put up empty stats. And he cant even do that.

It's the Lakers. Even Boozer, who should be putting up numbers as a 1st option, isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. Hell, Lin is probably their best guard right now, what with Nick Young shooting 36% and Wesley Johnson being Wesley Johnson.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 02:52 AM
It's Byron Scott, not Lin. As bad as this year has been for him, Lin is definitely playing better than Ronnie Price by all metrics. Anyway, the Lakers are tanking, so it's a moot point.

Ya, as bad as Lin is right now, Price is twice as bad.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 02:56 AM
That means you suck. Tebow does suck.

But being the only person to ever lose a starting job to Ronnie Price in 10 years ....while on your contract year.....that means you're biggest fluke in NBA history.

Being the only person to make the playoffs, then not being able to start over Mark Sanchez the next year, then being out of the league while still in your prime....that makes you the biggest fluke in pro sports history.:oldlol:

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2015, 03:01 AM
I think they both are what we thought they were.

The only thing I find flukey was Lin's one stellar season in NY.

There is absolutely nothing flukey about Tebows career. No NFL scout was willing to pay him or have him as their starting QB long-term. People always knew Tebow would not have a long NFL career as a QB.

People paid Lin. Teams tried to make him their starting pg. Houston envisioned him as their long-term pg.

I like them both honestly. Good dudes.

Timmy D for MVP
02-15-2015, 03:01 AM
Lin has potential to actually be a contributing member of a team in his sport.

Tebow does not.

So I guess Tebow.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 03:03 AM
It's the Lakers. Even Boozer, who should be putting up numbers as a 1st option, isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. Hell, Lin is probably their best guard right now, what with Nick Young shooting 36% and Wesley Johnson being Wesley Johnson.
Boozer and Young will still get contract offers even if they suck this year. Also, Boozer's career near the end anyway.

Lin on the other hand is playing for a new contract, playing to keep his career going in the NBA. Right now it doesn't look good.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 03:06 AM
Being the only person to make the playoffs, then not being able to start over Mark Sanchez the next year, then being out of the league while still in your prime....that makes you the biggest fluke in pro sports history.:oldlol:
3 full NFL seasons is equivalent to 6 full NBA seasons.

Lin still not even finished with his 3rd full season yet and might actually be out of the league this summer or next summer.

Timmy D for MVP
02-15-2015, 03:13 AM

Lin still not even finished with his 3rd full season yet and might actually be out of the league this summer or next summer.

The only reason Lin would leave the Association is if he wanted to because some foreign team offered him a ton of money.

If he wants to stay in the NBA he clearly has a spot in the league and is an NBA player.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2015, 03:15 AM

It's pretty obvious Lin will be a serviceable back up PG in the upcoming years, no reason to believe he will be out of the league.

LongLiveTheKing
02-15-2015, 04:08 AM
The only reason Tim Tebow hasn't been signed by a team is because ESPN get too excited and it messes up the locker room. I wouldn't say either are flukes give Tebow an offense that suits him and he'll be okay with his running game. And Jeremy Lin wasn't in a good situation in Houston and now in LA

deja vu
02-15-2015, 05:42 AM
Tebow is talented. Lin...not so much.

That said, I don't know why Lin is still in the league.

Lebron23
02-15-2015, 06:43 AM
Jeremy Lin.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 11:17 AM
So a Heisman Trophy winner and a back-to-back National Champion, a future College Football Hall of Famer is a bigger fluke than Jeremy fcking Lin?

You guys are hilarious!

smoovegittar
02-15-2015, 11:35 AM
"Fluke" a poor choice of words. People slept on the Knicks and Lin for a few games. Tim can't throw a pass. Both the victim's of today's INCREDIBLY STUPID, OVER - HYPED media.

Cangri
02-15-2015, 11:37 AM
Is it valid to say that Lin gets more playtime opportunities because he's Chinese, or Chinese descendant?

Eric Cartman
02-15-2015, 11:39 AM
There is absolutely nothing flukey about Tebows career.

Threw the winning touchdown against the Steelers in the postseason, years later still can't believe that actually happened.

DMV2
02-15-2015, 11:47 AM
Is it valid to say that Lin gets more playtime opportunities because he's Chinese, or Chinese descendant?
Not really because in basketball, you get playing time if you're a second string or third string PG(or whatever position you play) due to the frequency of substitutions and blow outs.

In football, very very rare. The starter will play until the final snap majority of the time, blow out or not. Only time when a back-up gets a chance is when injuries happen.

Roundball_Rock
02-15-2015, 03:49 PM
Tebow. He has been out of the NFL for years. Moreover, Tebow required running a 1950's offense to be semi-successful in 2011--and 99% of teams would not have even attempted to essentially eschew throwing the ball aside from a few token passes because their QB was that bad. Lin was and is a NBA-caliber player who caught fire when there was no scouting on him and he was in a system that played to his strengths.

navy
02-15-2015, 03:52 PM
No, like said earlier Tebow has to be a starter or else you have to have 2 offensive systems off the bench.

KungFuJoe
02-15-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure people know what the definition of fluke is.

Fluke is the guy that made it for a short while, then disappeared.

Tebow is selling car insurance. Lin is still in the NBA and will most likely have a long career, even as a backup.