PDA

View Full Version : NBA is inferior to the NFL

L8krH8tr
02-15-2015, 11:03 PM
this All Star game is embarrassing for the NBA. NFL shows their superiority doesnt need all star weekend of entertainment try hards.

RightTwoCensor
02-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Grass is green

Foster5k
02-15-2015, 11:04 PM
The NFL's Pro Bowl sucks. Most would agree. The NFL tries hard during the Super Bowl to get their entertainment done right. However, we've seen how big of a flop they can have during these events.

navy
02-15-2015, 11:05 PM
Pro Bowl doesnt exist?

Sarcastic
02-15-2015, 11:19 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/159/414/Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg

04mzwach
02-15-2015, 11:20 PM
pro bowl has been a laughing stock for years. LMFAO :roll:

ralph_i_el
02-15-2015, 11:32 PM
OP is a NFL troll. ISH did the same shit to NFL forums but we had more class and stopped

L8krH8tr
02-15-2015, 11:35 PM
OP is a NFL troll. ISH did the same shit to NFL forums but we had more class and stopped

like the NBA really hold any weight compared to theNFL? you must of tried really hard to convince anyone on that one. The superbowl was the highest rated event ever.

Bobcats2013
02-15-2015, 11:40 PM
NFL playoffs is a one pump dump. NBA Playoffs are way more entertaining. They can actually last for a while.

You Cant Ban Me
02-15-2015, 11:42 PM
why is OP not in neon red? i did my part do yours!

L8krH8tr
02-15-2015, 11:44 PM
why is OP not in neon red? i did my part do yours!

you're pathetic, creating 5 accounts on an NBA message board. You must have a great life.

bdreason
Water is wet.

You Cant Ban Me
you're pathetic, creating 5 accounts on an NBA message board. You must have a great life.
i only negged you once but if you insist i can neg bomb you no prob :cheers:

Le Shaqtus
02-15-2015, 11:48 PM
No shit.

Hotlantadude81
02-16-2015, 12:36 AM
The NFL is overrated.

DaSeba5
02-16-2015, 12:38 AM
The NFL is better, but the Pro Bowl is a joke.

Hotlantadude81
02-16-2015, 12:40 AM
Eli has one two titles (one with an 8-8 team) that discredits the NFL.

TonyMontana
02-16-2015, 12:40 AM
If your going by the allstar game the Pro bowl is even worse than the NBA game.

SouBeachTalents
02-16-2015, 12:46 AM

False

Rodmantheman
02-16-2015, 12:48 AM

What a awful post get your facts straight.

chosen_one6
02-16-2015, 12:50 AM
The NFL is a superior product because it appeals to the majority of Americans. Its a slow paced game with lots of breaks, which helps all of the idiots keep up with what is going on. It has strategy elements that appeal to the hardcore fan. It has brutality and violence which humans have loved to watch for hundreds of years. And the schedule is short, with only 16 weeks and a handful of playoff games for the short attention-spanned Americans. Games are mostly on Sunday, when most people are off work as well so they get more viewers and more seats filled. Oh, and lets not forget that many of the most heralded stars and coaches are white, which helps white people have something to identify with. It's a great business model and I applaud the NFL for what it's created.

L8krH8tr
02-16-2015, 12:52 AM
The NFL is a superior product because it appeals to the majority of Americans. Its a slow paced game with lots of breaks, which helps all of the idiots keep up with what is going on. It has strategy elements that appeal to the hardcore fan. It has brutality and violence which humans have loved to watch for hundreds of years. And the schedule is short, with only 16 weeks and a handful of playoff games for the short attention-spanned Americans. Games are mostly on Sunday, when most people are off work as well so they get more viewers and more seats filled. Oh, and lets not forget that many of the most heralded stars and coaches are white, which helps white people have something to identify with. It's a great business model and I applaud the NFL for what it's created.

Great answer, but you also left out the fact that NFL also has more white players for the majority of Americans to relate to. Lets be Honest the NBA is 99 %black and that bothers alot of Americans.

ralph_i_el
02-16-2015, 12:52 AM
Look, I know I'm posting and bumping this thread but PLEASE NO ONE ELSE POST HERE.

This guy is an NFL fan here to troll us. The more we give in, the more he get's his ****ing jollies off.

We all know why the NFL sucks. 12 minutes of action for 3 hours of TV. We don't need to argue with a troll. Lets keep the NBA forum on NBA topics and report this ******

Hotlantadude81
02-16-2015, 12:54 AM
False

That Giants team that beat NE the first time was a garbage team. 8-8 or maybe 9-7. Does it make a difference? That is mediocrity. But, they got hot for a few weeks and won the whole damn thing.

Moreover, The NFL is as corporate as the corporate can get... Now, you can't even breathe on the QB's or play defense anymore either. The NFL is boring now.

SouBeachTalents
Great answer, but you also left out the fact that NFL also has more white players for the majority of Americans to relate to. Lets be Honest the NBA is 99 %black and that bothers alot of Americans.

Hockey is all white, how's that doing ratings wise?

SouBeachTalents
That Giants team that beat NE the first time was a garbage team. 8-8 or maybe 9-7. Does it make a difference? That is mediocrity. But, they got hot for a few weeks and won the whole damn thing.

Moreover, The NFL is as corporate as the corporate can get... Now, you can't even breathe on the QB's or play defense anymore either. The NFL is boring now.

They were actually 10-6 the first time around, 9-7 the second time. That certainly doesn't seem to be bringing down ratings

L8krH8tr
02-16-2015, 01:00 AM

Hockey will always be a Canadian/russian type sport. Very Niche product. NFL has basically trounced on all other leagues.

Hotlantadude81
02-16-2015, 01:01 AM
They were actually 10-6 the first time around, 9-7 the second time. That certainly doesn't seem to be bringing down ratings

Duck Dynasty has high TV ratings.

Those Giants teams were mediocre and that's why they had mediocre seasons.

10-6 is a mediocre record.

The NFL is nothing outside of the United States.

FLDFSU
02-16-2015, 01:03 AM

Somewhat true. It is not that the NBA is 99 percent black, it is that the stars of the NBA is 90% black.

As long as the NFL can keep most of their QBs and Head Coaches white, while having people like JJ Watt and the occasional great white WR, the NFL will continue to dominate, despite all other positions being filled by nonwhites.

If the RGIII, Cam Newton, and Russell Wilson's of the league start winning back to back to back SB's, it is a wrap for the NFL and they know it.

chosen_one6
02-16-2015, 01:04 AM

It's too fast paced, the rules are too weird for average Americans to grasp, and it wasn't created by Americans. Also not enough scoring. It's kind of like a mix of soccer with lower scoring but basketball with a lot of back and forth action. Oh, and it's really hard to see the puck on tv. Also forgot to add that most people can't play it because the equipment is ridiculously expensive and hockey rinks are not as easy to find as a basketball court or large field of grass.

SouBeachTalents
02-16-2015, 01:04 AM
Hockey will always be a Canadian/russian type sport. Very Niche product. NFL has basically trounced on all other leagues.

The biggest reason imo the NFL is so much more popular than the other sports is the one game a week format. If the NBA played a 16 game schedule, with games on Sunday, followed by 4 one and done playoff rounds on Saturday/Sunday, it would get very high ratings as well. As high as the NFL? Maybe not, but they would definitely be dramatically increased

Hotlantadude81
02-16-2015, 01:05 AM
Hockey does not appeal to rednecks and southerners. That's a big difference.

chosen_one6
02-16-2015, 01:09 AM
The biggest reason imo the NFL is so much more popular than the other sports is the one game a week format. If the NBA played a 16 game schedule, with games on Sunday, followed by 4 one and done playoff rounds on Saturday/Sunday, it would get very high ratings as well. As high as the NFL? Maybe not, but they would definitely be dramatically increased

I think that's a large reason why March Madness is so huge. It's longer than the NFL playoffs, sure. But the one and done playoff system in conjunction with a relatively short schedule creates a huge amount of suspense, and the parity allows a lot of people to root for many different teams without even having an affiliation with them.

L8krH8tr
02-16-2015, 01:15 AM
So you guys are saying less NBA games would help popularity? I mean they are doing baseball games to make them shorter. I like the 16 ranked teams for playoff change if that happens.

chosen_one6
02-16-2015, 01:18 AM
So you guys are saying less NBA games would help popularity? I mean they are doing baseball games to make them shorter. I like the 16 ranked teams for playoff change if that happens.

There has been talk about shortening the NBA season to keep attention spans and also scale back injuries and fatigue. I highly doubt it actually happens though due to records and such.