PDA

View Full Version : This is who New York's gonna buid around, huh?

Springsteen
02-16-2015, 12:14 AM
2/13 from three.

Missed like 3 point-blank shots in the clutch.

Getting surgery on his leg now.

$125 million dollar contract.

:coleman:

chocolatethunder
02-16-2015, 12:38 AM
Yeah man just wait. Bright future up there.

andremiller07
02-16-2015, 12:43 AM
I don't get how he rest's himself for his own teams games but yet takes like close to 20 shots in a All-Star game pretty pathetic imo. You would think it would be the other way around but I guess the ASG is more important to him.

Jud
02-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Knicks fans in the offseason: "We're gonna be in trouble if we lose Carmelo" :oldlol:

They would've been way better off without him heading into the future.

Springsteen
02-16-2015, 12:46 AM
I don't get how he rest's himself for his own teams games but yet takes like close to 20 shots in a All-Star game pretty pathetic imo. You would think it would be the other way around but I guess the ASG is more important to him.

Why do you think he stayed in NY?

Heavincent
02-16-2015, 12:46 AM
This will go down as one of the worst contracts ever. Book it.

Melo is seriously one of the most overrated players ever.

SugarHill
02-16-2015, 12:53 AM
I still can't believe he said it wasn't about the money. Melo is a g. Love him

lilteapot
No, it's clear he played the last few games just so he could play in the all star game. he's done for the season

christian1923
Only on ISH can an all star game spring hate threads like this,

Milbuck
02-16-2015, 12:58 AM
This will go down as one of the worst contracts ever. Book it.

Melo is seriously one of the most overrated players ever.
Right now definitely. 2013 Melo was a clear-cut top 10 player.

I don't know how Melo can be overrated, dude is consistently trashed by non-Knicks fans. He deserves some flack but people treat him like a 6'8" Milwaukee Jennings sometimes.

Melo's legacy is gonna be shit because of this decision, but he truly was a sick player a couple years ago. And people are gonna forget that, which kinda sucks.

navy
02-16-2015, 01:01 AM
Only on ISH can an all star game spring hate threads like this,
True.

christian1923
02-16-2015, 01:07 AM

I don't know how Melo can be overrated, dude is consistently trashed by non-Knicks fans. He deserves some flack but people treat him like a 6'8" Milwaukee Jennings sometimes.

Melo's legacy is gonna be shit because of this decision, but he truly was a sick player a couple years ago. And people are gonna forget that, which kinda sucks.
You need a tissue sweetheart?

He's gonna be fine

Springsteen
02-16-2015, 01:11 AM

You say that like it's anyone's fault but his own. Homie took the money in a team full of scrubs and no-names with a rookie coach over a potential contender in Chiraq.

He's gonna wipe his tears over his "treatment" with 100 dollars bills :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
02-16-2015, 01:13 AM
You need a tissue sweetheart?

He's gonna be fine
Don't know why I'd need a tissue, I'm not a Melo stan and he's not on my team :oldlol:

But no he's actually not gonna be fine. He's clearly on the downside of his career, on a laughable contract, physically breaking down, and on a team guided by ridiculous hope rather than actual smart management. Dude is gonna rot in NYC watching young players like Curry, Davis, Westbrook, KD, etc accomplish more in one season than he did his entire career.

christian1923
02-16-2015, 01:16 AM
Don't know why I'd need a tissue, I'm not a Melo stan and he's not on my team :oldlol:

But no he's actually not gonna be fine. He's clearly on the downside of his career, on a laughable contract, physically breaking down, and on a team guided by ridiculous hope rather than actual smart management. Dude is gonna rot in NYC watching young players like Curry, Davis, Westbrook, KD, etc accomplish more in one season than he did his entire career.
While collecting 25 million a year

And being one of the biggest faces of NYC.

Knicks have tons of cap space and are going to get him some help.

Probably won't win a championship, but again, he's going to be fine.

Heavincent
02-16-2015, 01:17 AM

He had some good seasons. I'm not denying that, but he has always been grossly overrated by media and casual fans. He was never a superstar. He was a 2nd tier star at his absolute best and Rudy Gay tier at his worst.

longtime lurker
02-16-2015, 01:22 AM
This is my reaction to the Knicks right now:

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/308096/flags/LL

They have a long way to go. Best thing to hope for is that their lottery pick turns out to be a superstar. A lot of work to do.

imdaman99
02-16-2015, 02:20 AM

Exactly man. I'd love to be a winner and championship contender every year, but if I can't be than I'd love to get paid $25 mill a year. All these people on ISH laughing at him... ok I wouldn't mind you all laughin at me 24/7 if I was making $$$ like that.
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY ANUS :banana:

Jud
02-16-2015, 02:24 AM
Exactly man. I'd love to be a winner and championship contender every year, but if I can't be than I'd love to get paid $25 mill a year. All these people on ISH laughing at him... ok I wouldn't mind you all laughin at me 24/7 if I was making $$$ like that.
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY ANUS :banana:
Your team is the worst in the league.

imdaman99
02-16-2015, 02:34 AM
Your team is the worst in the league.
It's a tank year. I am sorry if you aren't smart enough to realize this. Once they got a shit record, the tank was on.

Meanwhile Melo is a millionaire who doesn't give a shit about your worthless internet opinions of him :banana:

That doesn't mean I have to like him... cuz I don't. But he is still a Knick and that's my team. Find a wagon to hatch onto unfunny troll.

chocolatethunder
02-16-2015, 02:36 AM

No one wants to play for a perennial loser so don't get your hopes up for any decent free agents coming there any time soon. They can't even build through the draft because they don't even have a pick next year. So they had better hope for the best in this year's draft.

Springsteen
02-16-2015, 02:26 PM
No one wants to play for a perennial loser so don't get your hopes up for any decent free agents coming there any time soon. They can't even build through the draft because they don't even have a pick next year. So they had better hope for the best in this year's draft.

Nah, we're just salty :facepalm

MellowYellow
02-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Melo is clearly playing hurt and not capable of his full potential right now. Remember that game against the cavs opening night? that would be him every night if he didn't get injured in that game. Come back next year and we will reevaluate after he has had surgery and fully recovered, with an actual nba team around him.

Legends66NBA7
02-16-2015, 03:35 PM
It's funny.

I tell Knicks fans in the preseason that if their team tanks and gets a high pick, at least they get a safety net for the future after Melo declines and theye have cap room to at least go out on the market and sign some solid players... then all I see is Knicks fans deflecting, telling what my team should have done instead.

Now fast forward today and their management pulls the tank move, exact same scenario I said before all this started and now act like it was all part of the plan.

At least stay consistent.

Springsteen
02-16-2015, 03:37 PM
At least stay consistent.

One month it's parading how Phil will somehow lead this ragtag group of scrubs and an injured Melo to a playoffs spot, now it's part of Phil's master tank rebuilding plan.