PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or was that crowd unusually weak?

J Shuttlesworth
02-16-2015, 12:55 AM
Haven't heard a crowd that silent in ages. Is it just because Melo was playing poorly? I figure it's the all star game... crowd should be into it. It was relatively close the whole time too :biggums:

JimmyMcAdocious
02-16-2015, 12:57 AM
It was shit all weekend. Couldn't even get it up when Lavine was doing his stuff.

navy
02-16-2015, 12:59 AM
It was terrible the whole time.

DMV2
02-16-2015, 01:00 AM
The reaction Mason Plumlee got during his slam dunk entrance was very sad. You could hear a pin drop. This was before anybody did a single dunk. Home team boy should have gotten some cheers.

Dipo tried his best to get the crowd hyped too but still little reaction.

I don't think I've seen an Allstar weekend as dead as this one....ever.

Jud
02-16-2015, 01:02 AM
Cause the crowd found out their best player got bought out today.

Heavincent
Bunch of rich snobby people. It's a problem across NY sports right now. Real fans got the boot.

Smook A.
:lol

Milbuck
02-16-2015, 01:03 AM
This whole weekend was weak as ****, even outside of Giannis failing hard and Knight losing to the homeless retard. The only thing that was exciting imo was Lavine. Dude singlehandedly not only made that contest watchable, but has made future dunk contests worth getting excited over.

L8krH8tr
02-16-2015, 01:03 AM
Even real fans couldnt enjoy that ghetto Hipster. like i said a regular NFL season game was more exciting.

andremiller07
02-16-2015, 01:04 AM
LMAO :bowdown:

SugarHill
02-16-2015, 01:04 AM
Even real fans couldnt enjoy that ghetto Hipster. like i said a regular NFL season game was more exciting.

did you just call a game a ghetto hipster? :biggums:

knicksman
02-16-2015, 01:11 AM
nba has become boring after what bran did. Beat him and hell just join a stronger team.

Young X
02-16-2015, 01:14 AM
Best thing about tonight was when they brought out Nas to perform NY State Of Mind. :applause:

L.Kizzle
02-16-2015, 01:15 AM
They were just goofing off not playing hard. Plus the other half of the city was a few blocks away at the SNL special.

OldSchoolBBall
02-16-2015, 01:42 AM
Bunch of rich snobby people. It's a problem across NY sports right now. Real fans got the boot.

Yup. Brooklyn here, and sadly this is true.

imdaman99
02-16-2015, 01:45 AM
No real fans there. What's more to say

BasedTom
02-16-2015, 01:56 AM
no joke...the crowd was more hype for Ariana Grande and Nikki Minaj than they were for any of the events

CelticBaller
02-16-2015, 02:01 AM
All star games usually have weak crowds, or at least the recent ones

kamil
02-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Next year's crowd is going to be pretty awesome, Toronto's got some pretty decent Raptors fans. If the crowd is quiet, you can blame it on all the seats being sold out for corporate fatasses who have no intention on enjoying the game but rather making a business deal with a client they're taking out.

Chicago, Boston, Dallas and (hate to say it) probably Miami would have a good crowd too.

BasedTom
02-16-2015, 02:09 AM
All star games usually have weak crowds, or at least the recent ones
I think it just feels 2x worse because Kenny Smith tries SO DAMN HARD to hype up the place and it rarely ever works.

Oh, and then they have segments where they show us the best dunk contest dunks ever with MJ, Vince, Kobe....then we see 20 year olds go ahead and miss most of their shit

Beastmode88
02-16-2015, 02:11 AM
it was 7000 a ticket i doubt all of them were enthusiastic basketball fans.

RedBlackAttack
02-16-2015, 02:12 AM
I've been to enough professional basketball games to know that you really cannot judge crowd involvement or noise based on what you're hearing while watching the game on television. A lot of that has to do with how the games are mic'ed up and where the networks choose to setup their sound. Other times, it is due to how the arena seating is built (more horizontal or spread out).

I've been to games that were so loud I could barely hear myself think. Then I come back and watch them on replay and it sounds relatively quiet.

kamil
02-16-2015, 02:12 AM
it was 7000 a ticket i doubt all of them were enthusiastic basketball fans.

7k for front court/lower section, right? Are the ticket prices well out of range for even the middle class?

kamil
02-16-2015, 02:14 AM
I've been to enough professional basketball games to know that you really cannot judge crowd involvement or noise based on what you're hearing while watching the game on television. A lot of that has to do with how the games are mic'ed up and where the networks choose to setup their sound.

I've been to games that were so loud I could barely hear myself think. Then I come back and watch them on replay and it sounds relatively quiet.

This is true. And if it's quiet in the actual stadium, they can always add fan noise overtop. Remember the 2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony in China? They faked the fireworks outside with special effects for tv viewers.

Beastmode88
02-16-2015, 02:15 AM
7k for front court/lower section, right? Are the ticket prices well out of range for even the middle class?

It was still 1k+ per ticket in the other sections lol

SugarHill
02-16-2015, 02:17 AM
for that shit show? no thanks :lol

Timmy D for MVP
02-16-2015, 02:19 AM
Toronto next year is going to be nuts.

kamil
02-16-2015, 02:21 AM

Damn... thats a TON of money. Since it's one of those 'once in a lifetime' things, I'd pay up to around that much for a ticket... I don't think I could justify more though, $1,000 can get you an all inclusive week vacation in Cuba.

Nets fan 93
02-16-2015, 02:24 AM
Is it that fun to watch big men participate in the 3 point contest?

Genaro
02-16-2015, 02:26 AM
I find it pretty week as well, I didn't hear a thing. Even in the dunk contest or when there was a exciting play in the game, nothing.
I could only hear the players applauding when WB got his MVP.

Milbuck
02-16-2015, 02:26 AM
Toronto next year is going to be nuts.
Dunk contest lineup we need to see for next year:

Lavine
Wiggins
TRoss
Derozan
Gordon
Wall

Atmosphere would be surreal. Has GOAT dunk contest written all over it.

Budadiiii
02-16-2015, 02:33 AM
Dunk contest lineup we need to see for next year:

Lavine
Wiggins
TRoss
Derozan
Gordon
Wall

Atmosphere would be surreal. Has GOAT dunk contest written all over it.
I honestly think guys will be scared to join the contest because they know they'll be overshadowed by Lavine.

Milbuck
02-16-2015, 02:41 AM
I honestly think guys will be scared to join the contest because they know they'll be overshadowed by Lavine.
Could definitely see that, which would be a bummer. I think Wiggins is a good possibility though if Lavine convinces him like Vince w/ T-Mac, even if it's a "**** it, fine I'll do it" entry. The appeal of putting on a show for Toronto could push him into it too.

SugarHill
02-16-2015, 02:43 AM
Could definitely see that, which would be a bummer. I think Wiggins is a good possibility though if Lavine convinces him like Vince w/ T-Mac, even if it's a "**** it, fine I'll do it" entry. The appeal of putting on a show for Toronto could push him into it too.
Canada should be done with Wiggins if he doesn't participate.

Milbuck
02-16-2015, 02:52 AM
Canada should be done with Wiggins if he doesn't participate.
Dude would get clowned hard if he bitched out.

Honestly re-watching some of the stuff you linked and some of his other stuff, Wiggins could make Zach a little nervous if he did his research w/ some of those never-been-done videos and practiced hard for it. He's the only guy that can match Zach athletically. Gordon has the ups and power but not the guard fluidity/body control.