PDA

View Full Version : KD to the reporters: "You guys really don't know shit"

dunksby
02-16-2015, 06:43 AM
Durant's striking statement came in response to a question about continued speculation about Oklahoma City Thunder coach Scott Brooks' job security. Brooks has often fallen under media criticism the past few seasons, but Durant has always been quick to defend his coach, noting during his MVP speech that Brooks doesn't get any credit, "even though you deserve all of it."

Durant was later asked what kinds of questions he'd prefer the media to focus on.

"To be honest, man, I'm only here talking to y'all because I have to," Durant said. "So I really don't care. Y'all not my friends. You're going to write what you want to write. You're going to love us one day and hate us the next. That's a part of it. So I just learn how to deal with y'all."
http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2015/story/_/id/12330540/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-takes-aim-media?ex_cid=espnFB
:applause:

sportjames23
02-16-2015, 06:46 AM
Damn, a servant no more! :eek:

dunksby
02-16-2015, 06:59 AM
Damn, a servant no more! :eek:

"My first few years in the league, I was just finding myself," Durant said Friday. "I think most of the time, I reacted based off of what everybody else wanted and how they viewed me as a person. I am just learning to be myself, not worrying about what everybody else says, I am going to make mistakes. I just want to show kids out here that athletes, entertainers, whoever, so-called celebrities, we aren't robots. We go through emotions and go through feelings and I am just trying to express mine and try to help people along the way. I am not going to sit here and tell you that I am just this guy that is programmed to say the right stuff all the time and politically correct answers. I am done with that. I am just trying to be me and continue to grow as a man."

On Friday, Durant also sounded off, saying he didn't think the media should vote for awards, instead favoring players to do it.
KD is going on a tear post AS break.

scandisk_
02-16-2015, 07:02 AM
That's the friggin attitute KD. :applause:

servant no more indeed :mad:

LeJohn Janes
02-16-2015, 08:43 AM
They all seem so angry in OKC.

It's a bit weird.

Westbrook refused to do the B.S. Report the other day as well because Bill Simmons won't stop bringing up the Harden trade. :oldlol:

nathanjizzle
02-16-2015, 09:18 AM
do these dumb arrogant athletes understand that the media helps sell the nba brand? therefore helping pay these idiots their ridiculous money they dont even deserve in the first place? theres a reason why its in their contract to deal with the media, its business, be professional.

lilteapot
02-16-2015, 09:30 AM
do these dumb arrogant athletes understand that the media helps sell the nba brand? therefore helping pay these idiots their ridiculous money they dont even deserve in the first place? theres a reason why its in their contract to deal with the media, its business, be professional.
100% agree

Budadiiii
02-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Ruthless.

Basically took a shit on everyone, including me.

:applause:

Goldrush25
02-16-2015, 11:29 AM

I love it.:oldlol:

Media tried to groom KD as their new pet, the anti-Lebron. Gave him an MVP. And he turned on them.

This is the real KD. He ain't a nice guy. He's just normal, like everyone else.

ShawkFactory
02-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Yep. I don't understand why people are praising this. He makes millions of dollars and is the reigning MVP. Why should he care about what the media says?

Either he's stupid or a bitch.

Budadiiii
02-16-2015, 11:33 AM

Media tried to groom KD as their new pet, the anti-Lebron. Gave him an MVP. And he turned on them.

:roll:

He gave himself that MVP. It was practically a unanimous vote. Durant could've been the biggest scumbag on the face of the Earth and he still would've gotten that award.

KD actually is a pretty "nice" guy. Actually one of the nicest in the league in terms of how he treats "average" people. There's not one story of Durant being a douche to a fan. It's the exact opposite.... he gets praised for treating people incredibly well.

lilteapot
02-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Yep. I don't understand why people are praising this. He makes millions of dollars and is the reigning MVP. Why should he care about what the media says?

Either he's stupid or a bitch.
It's because the people praising this are angsty teenagers who dont recognize unprofessionalism when it's there.

imdaman99
02-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Durant turns heal :applause:

Fck the media, they will twist everything around but you still have to kiss their butts?
I appreciate him not being fake like the phony playing in Cleveland, but he's still gotta pick his battles better.

GOBB
02-16-2015, 12:04 PM

Without the players the NBA doesn't make a profit. And you have trouble understanding Durant's point. The media is cold hearted. No where in the contract does it say "You must talk to the media daily and accept the fact they will twist your words, create drama between teammates/coaches, spawn controversy from their a-holes. And still be around to give them the story they want even when its not accurate, full of shit and silly.". Sometimes the media pisses guys off, they are human. You act like they are machines. Athletes need to be professional but so does the media. It should be a two way street. They also need to be understanding as well.

You're clearly a clueless individual.

SugarHill
02-16-2015, 12:14 PM
They play the game at its highest level and make the league a ton of money and most of it goes to the owners yet they don't deserve the money? Do you know how professional sports work?

Rake2204
02-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Without the players the NBA doesn't make a profit. And you have trouble understanding Durant's point. The media is cold hearted. No where in the contract does it say "You must talk to the media daily and accept the fact they will twist your words, create drama between teammates/coaches, spawn controversy from their a-holes. And still be around to give them the story they want even when its not accurate, full of shit and silly.". Sometimes the media pisses guys off, they are human. You act like they are machines. Athletes need to be professional but so does the media. It should be a two way street. They also need to be understanding as well.Right on.

Gotterdammerung
02-16-2015, 12:27 PM

This. :oldlol:

The sporting media is most comfortable with someone like Jordan, a media savvy corporate puppet. They can't handle anything different, and here Durant is breaking out of his shell, coming into his own with opinions that runs counter to the lazy narrative of spoiled Americans. :cheers:

oh the horror
02-16-2015, 12:31 PM
The media in our country is horrendous. Anyone defending these vultures would probably feel different when they seek you out to create stories out of thin air to stir up controversy in order to sell whatever company they work for.

I'm beginning to not blame these athletes for avoiding them like the plague.

DMV2
02-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Durant is probably the last person to lash out at the media. Other than that hometown Mr. Unreliable article, the media has done nothing but suck up to this guy.

Never been blame for any of his team's shortcomings. 2012 Finals- did nothing to help his frontline stop Bosh from dominating the boards in the Finals. Never defended the paint and allowed LeBron to do whatever the fck he wanted. Westbrook - the guy who showed heart - took all the heat.

AirBourne92
02-16-2015, 12:35 PM

you are retarded if you think he isn't right for speaking out against the media.

so what if they market the nba and help earn him his salary.

there are better ways to do things.

people like you are mental slaves to the corporate world that enslaves you.

never question a thing, always do as told. you will forever be the corny reject that you are with this attitude and mentality, and then you will lie on your death bed full of sorrow and misery and regrets like the ***** you are.

Budadiiii
02-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Durant is probably the last person to lash out at the media. Other than that hometown Mr. Unreliable article, the media has done nothing but suck up to this guy.

Never been blame for any of his team's shortcomings. 2012 Finals- did nothing to help his frontline stop Bosh from dominating the boards in the Finals. Never defended the paint and allowed LeBron to do whatever the fck he wanted.
:facepalm

He was put in foul trouble for trying to stop LeBron. He did stop LeBron but they called touch fouls and got him out of the games early.

Blame Perkins and Ibaka, the worst C/PF duo in history.

lilteapot
02-16-2015, 12:46 PM

Never been blame for any of his team's shortcomings. 2012 Finals- did nothing to help his frontline stop Bosh from dominating the boards in the Finals. Never defended the paint and allowed LeBron to do whatever the fck he wanted. Westbrook - the guy who showed heart - took all the heat.
Yeah, which is why it's puzzling. He doesn't get the brunt of the media's sword nearly as much as Lebron does so why he's being a bitch is puzzling.

Looks like he's just following the trend of being a dick to the media.

Magic 32
02-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Taking his frustration out on reporters.

Maybe because he is not man enough to take it out on his opponent on the basketball court.

dunksby
02-16-2015, 01:09 PM

What shortcomings? Why would they blame him for the finals loss? The only 23-year old I can recall who led his team to a championship is KAJ and he had a mature PG in Oscar with him. Let's blame OKC's best performer in the finals because they lost to a historically loaded team.

Crown&Coke
02-16-2015, 01:11 PM
They asked about his coach's future, he backed his guy. I like it

dunksby
02-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Nah. he should have thrown on under the bus like a coward, that's the trolls definition of alpha male.

JellyBean
02-16-2015, 01:16 PM
:applause: props to KD.

Goldrush25
02-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Durant turns heal :applause:

Fck the media, they will twist everything around but you still have to kiss their butts?
I appreciate him not being fake like the phony playing in Cleveland, but he's still gotta pick his battles better.

Actually he's been pretty fake his entire career until now. That's why the media loved him. He smiled and was that humble guy that the media wanted when they turned Lebron into the bad guy. And he obliged.

Turns out he's not that nice guy they tried to make him out to be at all. Shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you KD.

Crown&Coke
02-16-2015, 01:17 PM
Nah. he should have thrown on under the bus like a coward, that's the trolls definition of alpha male.

You have changed my mind. Fvck KD that pansy ass beta

IMObjective
02-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Maybe he shouldn't, if he wants to win.

Crown&Coke
02-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Maybe he shouldn't, if he wants to win.

Too late in the season to turn on his coach if he wants to win this year. Have to show a united front imo.

The offseason is when that should be discussed behind closed doors

Chrono90
02-16-2015, 01:37 PM
It's the media's job to cause controversy. It's their job to make you lose your mind so you can say something you regret and they can make headlines out of it. They need players to say things out of the ordinary to create articles. They love it when players take the bait. But in the end, the players get paid for it and it's the job they chose.

My advice to young KD:
Don't take it personal and play the game.

Real Men Wear Green
02-16-2015, 02:07 PM
The irony of this discussion is that it's good for the media for Durant to be more controversial. He's saying more interesting things when he speaks his mind and curses people out. And its not exactly "unprofessional." He's not giving a job interview he's answering shorts questions. His contract forces him to answer questions but there is nothing forcing him to act any particular way. You could argue that he shouldn't curse but so long as he doesn't use slurs the league doesn't seem to care much what he says. And so long as the league allows him to talk like that he has no real problem. Look at Lynch in the Superbowl. He gave terrible answers but so long as he was giving answers the NFL accepted it. Ended up being the most talked about player at the media sessions.

gts
02-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Good for him... Sports media is out of control, no checks and balances, even going so far as to making up stories and quotes... Time to get the bloggers and fools out of the lockerroom and leave the job to the beat writers and guys who actually know what the hell they're talking about and more importantly treat the players with a level of respect because they understand it's a two way street

sportjames23
02-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Without the players the NBA doesn't make a profit. And you have trouble understanding Durant's point. The media is cold hearted. No where in the contract does it say "You must talk to the media daily and accept the fact they will twist your words, create drama between teammates/coaches, spawn controversy from their a-holes. And still be around to give them the story they want even when its not accurate, full of shit and silly.". Sometimes the media pisses guys off, they are human. You act like they are machines. Athletes need to be professional but so does the media. It should be a two way street. They also need to be understanding as well.

You're clearly a clueless individual.

Real talk.

dunksby
02-16-2015, 02:39 PM
Good for him... Sports media is out of control, no checks and balances, even going so far as to making up stories and quotes... Time to get the bloggers and fools out of the lockerroom and leave the job to the beat writers and guys who actually know what the hell they're talking about and more importantly treat the players with a level of respect because they understand it's a two way street
I know it's impossible and pretty boring but I'd rather have 50 WOJ's who mostly report breaking news rather than a legion of assholes who just write to stir some controversy.

jlip
02-16-2015, 03:24 PM
I hadn't gone through the thread. So I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but KD did say that players should vote for the MVP considering they know first hand what it's like to face each other and are privy to certain things that the media isn't. I somewhat agree with him. At least it should be a half media and half players vote.

gts
02-16-2015, 03:59 PM
I know it's impossible and pretty boring but I'd rather have 50 WOJ's who mostly report breaking news rather than a legion of assholes who just write to stir some controversy.So would I..

There's so much competition to get a story out now days and the way social media makes it possible for people to have a voice that you probably have ten fold the numbers of people reporting on the league than there should be..

example, ESPN has 3 beat writers attached to the Lakers.. why?
then you add in TWC the Lakers TV station Yahoo, LA times, Daily News, 6 local TV stations several larger LA Lakers centric blogs/forums each with a couple guys trailing along because they got credentials and the locker room is filled with 40 people covering the Lakers and each one striving to have an original point of view...

then in between games and in the off season they have to justify their existence

I've been watching the Lakers for a good amount of time, before the internet was king.. I've noticed the evolution of the industry, writers used to be more protective of their team and it's players, there was more respect paid to the craft from both sides...

not to say writers didn't call out the team for being bad or players and writers all got along but the thing that seems missing now is the voice from the other side, if a writer was going to write a hit piece on a player or team there were quotes from the other side, there was enough respect to let the subject have his say in the article and was left to the reader to make a judgement...

the good writers of today still do the same, still do their jobs but there's so many that don't..

some are nothing more than link sharers, they read somebody else work, share the link on their blog and throw in an opinion on a topic they were never part of, a question they never asked.. they were just there, they don't know the context of the question they just have their little recorder running then get home and wait for the big hitters to start posting their articles, link up to those and toss in their two cents because they were in the same room... those are the ones that drive me nuts :lol

I think Cuban said it right when he said there were way too many unqualified people in the lockerrooms

Darius
02-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Sports media has basically been going into the "TMZ for Men" direction for a while now.

That's not going to stop.

russwest0
02-16-2015, 04:54 PM
They all seem so angry in OKC.

It's a bit weird.

Westbrook refused to do the B.S. Report the other day as well because Bill Simmons won't stop bringing up the Harden trade. :oldlol:

Lol can you blame Westbrook? Durant did it last year and seemed to legit despise Bill Simmons.

rapker
02-16-2015, 05:07 PM
:rockon: :rockon:

my man. **** sucking up to the media; they are bunch of cowards who make a living out of twisting people's words and creating controversy out of nothing.

and i agree with KD, media shouldn't be the one voting for MVP - players should. let the ones who are playing the game decide who the best player is each season.

Cowboy Thunder
02-16-2015, 09:46 PM
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/c/2014/05/35779_h.jpg

http://www.sandpointpr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Mr._Unreliable___Kevin_Durant__OKC_Respond_To_Head line.jpg

Kevin is justified in his rant of the local media atleast. No athelete or headcoach can tolerate our relentless backstabbing jock sniffer reporters at the daily oklahoman.

worst newspaper in the country. Mike Gundy once said "And that's why I don't read the newspaper, because it's garbage! And the editor that let it come out, is garbage!"

dazzer87
02-16-2015, 09:51 PM
FT35 trying to be someone else....Trying to change that boring ass personality........:roll: :roll:

navy
02-16-2015, 09:53 PM
Im just bad for you.

305Baller
02-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Thug Durant