PDA

View Full Version : Bosh on difference between Heat and Cavs: 'People wanted us to fail'

JohnMax
02-16-2015, 03:01 PM
NEW YORK -- Chris Bosh said Saturday that his 2010 experience with the Miami Heat traveling circus was different than what Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are going through now.

"Ours was worse," Bosh said. "Way worse. I don't know, I'm not in the [Cavs] locker room, but we were under the microscope a little bit more. And it was a little bit more of a thing. And people wanted us to fail a little more. A lot more."

Bosh can empathize with what's happening in Cleveland, particularly with respect to what Kevin Love has gone through with a reduced role -- he's talked about this on multiple occasions before, and he said it took him a whole season to get accustomed to his new situation. Fortunately for him, Miami got all the way to the NBA Finals while the three superstars were still figuring things out.

"In that first year we thought we were at a comfort level, but then after the next time when we finally got it, it was like, 'OK, this is how it's supposed to be, this is how I can play, this is what they need from me.'"

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25069114/bosh-on-difference-between-heat-and-cavs-people-wanted-us-to-fail

PJR
02-16-2015, 03:03 PM
He's right. Especially the first year. That 2010-11 season was unreal. Beyond irrational.

christian1923
02-16-2015, 03:08 PM
He's right. Especially the first year. That 2010-11 season was unreal. Beyond irrational.
I already miss those Heatles.

The cavs team is pretty boring and just unfairly stacked

SugarHill
02-16-2015, 03:11 PM

The fact that it happened and already passed and is considered an era in Heat history is pretty fvcking mindboggling to me. Like I remember it just happening...almost like it never really set in, you know?

MP.Trey
02-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Sounds a lot like what people were saying about the Heat in 2011...

Legends66NBA7
02-16-2015, 03:17 PM
The fact that it happened and already passed and is considered an era in Heat history is pretty fvcking mindboggling to me. Like I remember it just happening...almost like it never really set in, you know?

Yeah, I feel ya.

Trollsmasher
02-16-2015, 03:30 PM
so Bosh failed

JohnMax
02-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Leroids jumped on Wade's back and was in for the ride. that's why ppl wanted him to fail.

this year Leroid will have to be the ONE to get them to the promised land. you know damn well Love or Kylie won't bail him out.

Demon Lizard
02-16-2015, 03:45 PM
I want this team to fail too.

JT123
02-16-2015, 03:56 PM
People wanted the Heat to fail cause the media told them it was bad for the game. This time the media is telling people it's okay to root for the Cavs, so nobody hates them. People are so easily brainwashed it's ridiculous.

lilteapot
02-16-2015, 04:18 PM
People wanted the Heat to fail cause the media told them it was bad for the game. This time the media is telling people it's okay to root for the Cavs, so nobody hates them. People are so easily brainwashed it's ridiculous.
Spot on.

Nobody on this forum is capable of thinking for themselves.

EnoughSaid
02-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Come on now. There is absolutely no comparison. The Miami Heat of 2010-2011 were the most hated professional sports team ever. They got soooooooooo much heat. Booed constantly, sport pundits criticizing them game after game after game.

Do we remember post game 5 of the ECF in 2012? Simmons, Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless, Michael Wilbon, literally everyone was talking about how Wade will get traded and that the team has failed.

GOBB
02-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Actually I want the Heat to fail more now than the time period Bosh refers too. I can't wait for that first rd pick in 2015 Miami. :pimp:

BasedTom
02-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Come on now. There is absolutely no comparison. The Miami Heat of 2010-2011 were the most hated professional sports team ever. They got soooooooooo much heat. Booed constantly, sport pundits criticizing them game after game after game.

Do we remember post game 5 of the ECF in 2012? Simmons, Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless, Michael Wilbon, literally everyone was talking about how Wade will get traded and that the team has failed.
Nah, let's not go that far. By the time they won their first championship, the boos stopped in every city not named Cleveland. Compared to some of the really hated teams in sports history, it's not even close.

ESPN are massive hypocrites. You're right. Before they won their first championship, they were pushing for Spo to be fired, Wade and Bosh to be traded, for the whole thing to be blown up. You would think that the 2011 Heat lost in the first round. Then afterwards, they couldn't stop sucking up to the team, Pat Riley's genius, Lebron's greatness, one they finally had that ring.

SouBeachTalents
02-16-2015, 04:51 PM
You can't even compare the two.

The summer of 2010 had been hyped up for YEARS, the summer of 2014, not so much. All 3 players were free agents, this time around, Kyrie was already on the roster and Love was traded.

LeBron went on national TV to unnecessarily pour salt in the wound of all Cavs fans, this time he just released a letter.

The Heat had a never before seen, over the top, basically championship celebration, where they proclaimed themselves the greatest trio of all time and made promises of 8 championships. The Cavs did no such thing.

LeBron and Wade were viewed by the majority as 2 of the 3 best players in the league, not the case with LeBron or Kyrie/Love.

Besides LeBron signing with them, the two situations played out 100% differently. It's almost idiotic to compare them.

BasedTom
02-16-2015, 04:55 PM
You can't even compare the two.

The summer of 2010 had been hyped up for YEARS, the summer of 2014, not so much. All 3 players were free agents, this time around, Kyrie was already on the roster and Love was traded.

LeBron went on national TV to unnecessarily pour salt in the wound of all Cavs fans, this time he just released a letter.

The Heat had a never before seen, over the top, basically championship celebration, where they proclaimed themselves the greatest trio of all time and made promises of 8 championships. The Cavs did no such thing.

LeBron and Wade were viewed by the majority as 2 of the 3 best players in the league, not the case with LeBron or Kyrie/Love.

Besides LeBron signing with them, the two situations played out 100% differently. It's almost idiotic to compare them.
That was exclusively Lebron saying that stuff, to be fair. But it was in no way serious- In the next sentence after "Not 1, Not 2," He suggested that Pat Riley could see some playing time. But it was controversial, arrogant, not the same PC bullshit that everyone complains about but demands from athletes at the same time...so the media ran with it.

Legends66NBA7
02-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Spot on.

Nobody on this forum is capable of thinking for themselves.

I'm quiet capable of thinking for myself.

And if I had questions, I would ask someone informed, read non-agenda articles, etc. .. Not watch ESPN's drivel.

jbryan1984
02-16-2015, 05:05 PM
People loved to hate them because it was new, it had never been done. Up to that point, superstars weren't leaving their teams like that, not like LeBron did. Yeah Shaq left Orlando but LeBron made himself a basketball heel. At the end of the day, it was good business for the NBA. Look at everything that followed. Carmelo left Denver, Dwight left Orlando, Paul left New Orleans...... It kind of opened the door for superstars of this era to leave, ya feel me?

Magic 32
02-16-2015, 05:34 PM

I hate both.

Lebron should always be hated by everyone all the time.

JohnMax
02-16-2015, 05:41 PM
Kyrie and Love are underdogs. Not to mention the Cavs organization, and the city of Cleveland itself, is an underdog too.

Also Love didn't really collude with the othes. The Cavs traded for him fair and square.

outbreak
02-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Lebron bought the hate on miami himself though, Bosh has to realise if Lebron didn't pull off the decision and then make stupid comments about it being easy people would have gotten over it a lot sooner. Plus the casual fans buy in to the whole going home storyline

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Kyrie and Love are underdogs. Not to mention the Cavs organization, and the city of Cleveland itself, is an underdog too.

Also Love didn't really collude with the othes. The Cavs traded for him fair and square.

Lebron was clearly guilty of tampering and the love trade should have never been allowed.

But this is the nba, where we fine the raptors for tampering when drake gives them a shout out but not when Lebron calls another player under contract and tells him to find a way to Cleveland

tomtucker
02-16-2015, 05:55 PM
pretty sure that NBA fans hate Lebron even more now, after he also left Miami.........Cavs are surely full of more annoying pricks then Miami ever had.........Lebron, J.R Smith, Love, and Dellavedova is a JJ Barea type little bitch

JT123
02-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Lebron was clearly guilty of tampering and the love trade should have never been allowed.

But this is the nba, where we fine the raptors for tampering when drake gives them a shout out but not when Lebron calls another player under contract and tells him to find a way to Cleveland
:facepalm Players can't tamper you idiot. Lebron could call a press conference saying he wants Anthony Davis to come to the Cavs ASAP, and it would be perfectly legal. Learn the rules Kobetard.

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2015, 06:02 PM
:facepalm Players can't tamper you idiot. Lebron could call a press conference saying he wants Anthony Davis to come to the Cavs ASAP, and it would be perfectly legal. Learn the rules Kobetard.

[QUOTE]
[NBA MEMO ON TAMPERING]

JT123
02-16-2015, 06:04 PM
pretty sure that NBA fans hate Lebron even more now, after he also left Miami.........Cavs are surely full of more annoying pricks then Miami ever had.........Lebron, J.R Smith, Love, and Dellavedova is a JJ Barea type little bitch
http://www.inquisitr.com/1379634/lebron-james-sees-popularity-soar-after-ditching-miami-heat-for-cleveland/ :sleeping Lebron is more popular than ever since leaving Miami. Deal with it. :pimp:

JT123
02-16-2015, 06:08 PM
make sure to read this on all of your accounts
Those rules apply only to owners and front office personnel, not players. Kevin Love even told the media that Lebron called him. Why would Love admit this if it was against the league's rules? :hammerhead:

J Shuttlesworth
02-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Yeah the Cavs just don't have that same vibe that the Heat had. It seems like the general public doesn't have any kind of distaste/hate for the team. 2010 was such a shitstorm, but damn was it awesome. WWE like entertainment

Doranku
02-16-2015, 06:40 PM
And fail they did. :bowdown:

Dirk, the people's champion. :applause:

FireDavidKahn
02-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Bosh just cannot stop talking about Bron and the Heat. :oldlol: He would suck Lebron's dick if given the chance.

AirBourne92
02-16-2015, 07:20 PM
is anyone really going to take lebron's legacy seriously besides all the braindead fans?

i mean the guy is like a beggar on the court

"please will you play with me? will you give me championship rings?"

this guy won't stop until he' recruited every single all star and superstar he can fit under the cavs roster and somehow he will still manage to have a losing finals record.

Kvnzhangyay
02-16-2015, 07:24 PM
is anyone really going to take lebron's legacy seriously besides all the braindead fans?

i mean the guy is like a beggar on the court

"please will you play with me? will you give me championship rings?"

this guy won't stop until he' recruited every single all star and superstar he can fit under the cavs roster and somehow he will still manage to have a losing finals record.

If you don't take his legacy seriously your the braindead one

AirBourne92
02-16-2015, 07:25 PM
If you don't take his legacy seriously your the braindead one

yeah sorry man unlike you im not blind

Joyner82reload
02-16-2015, 07:31 PM

Not even top 10. They weren't even the NBA's most hated team of all time, hell the bad boys Pistons SHIT on the Heatles in terms of hate. Everyone HATED the Pistons, literally wanted to see their players injured.

Roundball_Rock
02-16-2015, 07:37 PM
I hated the Heatles in 2011 and to a lesser extent in 2012 but let's face it, the Heatles were good for the sport--especially since they lost the first year. I believe the ratings during the Heatles time improved to the best level since the 90's. Most of that, of course, was to watch them to lose.

Man were the Heatles hated! :oldlol: I remember watching a few playoff games, including the Finals, at a local bar and other than one Miami bandwagoner everyone was rooting against the Heat. :lol This guy would walk in and yell "Go Heat"--and everyone would turn around in anger and disgust as if he had said a slur or something equally reprehensible and outrageous.

Kvnzhangyay
02-16-2015, 07:38 PM
yeah sorry man unlike you im not blind

You evidently are though :roll:

Your so blind that you can't even see how blind you are

Your probably one of those young clueless fans who hate Lebron

Rake2204
02-16-2015, 07:40 PM
People wanted the Heat to fail cause the media told them it was bad for the game. This time the media is telling people it's okay to root for the Cavs, so nobody hates them. People are so easily brainwashed it's ridiculous.I cannot speak from others, but my displeasure with that Heat team had very little to do with the media. I just didn't like the idea of three superstars battling each other one year, competing and failing on teams of variable strength, only to all power up together in apparent hopes of walking to a ring with great hubris

Not to mention, I was very partial to the idea of LeBron James playing for the Cavaliers and leading them to a championship some day. His basketball persona in Cleveland seemed to be "I'm just someone that's going to get my home state a championship or die trying." Leaving to team up with fellow Olympians in Miami crushed all that.

I didn't hate LeBron James and the Heat, but I certainly didn't want to see them win.

nightprowler10
02-16-2015, 07:41 PM
Carmelo left Denver, Dwight left Orlando, Paul left New Orleans...... It kind of opened the door for superstars of this era to leave, ya feel me?
Dwight and CP3 were traded.

JT123
02-16-2015, 07:52 PM
I cannot speak from others, but my displeasure with that Heat team had very little to do with the media. I just didn't like the idea of three superstars battling each other one year, competing and failing on teams of variable strength, only to all power up together in apparent hopes of walking to a ring with great hubris

Not to mention, I was very partial to the idea of LeBron James playing for the Cavaliers and leading them to a championship some day. His basketball persona in Cleveland seemed to be "I'm just someone that's going to get my home state a championship or die trying." Leaving to team up with fellow Olympians in Miami crushed all that.

I didn't hate LeBron James and the Heat, but I certainly didn't want to see them win.
You are the exception to the rule, although I don't know how anyone can refer to Bosh as a superstar with a straight face (even back in 2010)
His Raptors didn't even make the playoffs during his best season there, and Wade's Heat had been nothing more than first round fodder for years. The only one of those 3 who had their teams somewhat competing in the postseason was Lebron, and that was only because he was so great. Those Cavs teams had no business winning 60 games, as we quickly discovered after he left.
I guess I can understand not wanting 2 of the league's top players on the same team, but them teaming up was nothing more than the game evolving honestly. Boston made a near unstoppable big 3, so it was only a matter of time before somebody made a better one just to keep up. Would watching the Celtics go to 5 straight Finals have been any better for the league? :confusedshrug:

RoundMoundOfReb
02-16-2015, 07:54 PM
I cannot speak from others, but my displeasure with that Heat team had very little to do with the media. I just didn't like the idea of three superstars battling each other one year, competing and failing on teams of variable strength, only to all power up together in apparent hopes of walking to a ring with great hubris

Chris Bosh is not a superstar by any definition of the word...and if he is then there are plenty of teams with "3 superstars"

ajnapoleon
02-16-2015, 08:31 PM
I really think most people wanted Lebron to rot on that Cavs team I repeat I did not see a way for him to win with that roster or FO.....then the Celtics got so stacked it was crazy!!

I remember a game where lebron was checking paul pierce then KG went off and lebron switched to KG then rondo went wild....Them Lebron started chasing him around

Then Ray Allen was open all day!!!

Yeah Lebron keep trying to win like that:coleman:

JT123
02-16-2015, 08:33 PM
I really think most people wanted Lebron to rot on that Cavs team I repeat I did not see a way for him to win with that roster or FO.....then the Celtics got so stacked it was crazy!!

I remember a game where lebron was checking paul pierce then KG went off and lebron switched to KG then rondo went wild....Them Lebron started chasing him around

:applause: You seem to know your shit. You should post more often.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-16-2015, 08:34 PM

:applause:

Derka
02-16-2015, 08:35 PM
He's definitely not wrong there.

StrongLurk
02-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Not even top 10. They weren't even the NBA's most hated team of all time, hell the bad boys Pistons SHIT on the Heatles in terms of hate. Everyone HATED the Pistons, literally wanted to see their players injured.

Uhh I honestly lost count of how many times posters on this board wished injuries on those Heat teams. They were FOR SURE the most hated team ever simply because of how technology and social media plays a role in society connecting everyone all the time with immediate info.

SouBeachTalents
02-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Uhh I honestly lost count of how many times posters on this board wished injuries on those Heat teams. They were FOR SURE the most hated team ever simply because of how technology and social media plays a role in society connecting everyone all the time with immediate info.

Agreed. To say they're not the most hated of all time is one thing, but to say there were 10 teams more hated than them is a blatant lie

ajnapoleon
02-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Do you know how having good to great players around?.....With rodman there jordan did not even have to worry about rebounding because he was there pulling down 20-25 rebounds and dealing with shaq,ZO,malone,kemp

with pippen he had a walking triple double that can take out a wing player

Magic did not win all the FMVP's look up the 88 finals worthy won that putting up 34 ppg! and that with byron and rambis and cooper and somehow got the rest of those guys

and lets not talk about bird and mchale on the block with no one on earth that can check him.

but lebron needs to win with .....mo williams and mike brown:biggums:

SouBeachTalents
02-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Magic did not win all the FMVP's look up the 88 finals worthy won that putting up 34 ppg!

:biggums:

ajnapoleon
02-16-2015, 08:55 PM
:biggums:

yeah people seem to not know that ......worthy was beasting and won the FMVP

let lebron lose the FMVP to love or kyrie.....:facepalm

ajnapoleon
02-16-2015, 09:00 PM
http://youtu.be/SSFwdhlMqio

:lol

SouBeachTalents
02-16-2015, 09:00 PM
yeah people seem to not know that ......worthy was beasting and won the FMVP

let lebron lose the FMVP to love or kyrie.....:facepalm

Yeah, Worthy averaged 22ppg, not 34 that series. And in all honesty, Magic should have been Finals MVP that year

ajnapoleon
02-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Yeah, Worthy averaged 22ppg, not 34 that series. And in all honesty, Magic should have been Finals MVP that year
I was saying worthy was there putting up points and doing work.....Lebron never had anyone close to that but people wanted him to rot on the cavs and be a shoulda been :facepalm

JT123
02-16-2015, 09:06 PM
:applause: Fans wished injuries on Lebron all the time. I remember a regular season game a few years ago in Chicago when Bron got up limping after a hard fall. Those classless Bulls fans started cheering with glee at just the possibility of Lebron being hurt. :facepalm Almost as pathetic as those Eagles fans who booed when Michael Irvin was paralyzed on the field.

funnystuff
02-16-2015, 09:58 PM

So were the 2013 and the 2014 Heat right?

It never stops with you morons. :lol

Roundball_Rock
02-16-2015, 10:07 PM

Good post.

The thing to understand about "stacked," which many fail to grasp is it only matters relative to the league you are in, not in a vacuum. The Heatles existed in a period that had the best guard (Kobe) with the best front line, the Big 3 Celtics who had a rapidly developing Rondo, the Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka Thunder with three MVP caliber talents, the Paul-Griffin-Jordan-Crawford Clippers, the "Big 3" and "Medium 3" Spurs, The Bulls with Rose-Noah-Deng (plus Korver, albeit as a role player then--but he played it very well), the Harden-Howard Rockets, to name a few loaded teams off the top of my head. The 2011-2014 Heat were not the most stacked of these teams. The one year where Wade was still a superstar, which also happened to be Bosh's best year, was the year the Heat roster was awful outside their top 3. The Heat had the worst bench in the league. As the Heat filled out their roster, to a degree, Wade ceased to be a superstar and both Wade and Bosh began to steadily decline.

The Heatles lost in 11', had to scrape their way to even get to the Finals in 12' and 13' and then barely won in 13'. They had the best record--in their conference--only once. People assumed they were always coasting through the regular season--thought that last year too--but 2015 has exposed the Heat simply are not as good as we thought they were. They were never a dominant team like a typical multiple championship team would be at some point.

tpols
02-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Good post.

The thing to understand about "stacked," which many fail to grasp is it only matters relative to the league you are in, not in a vacuum. The Heatles existed in a period that had the best guard (Kobe) with the best front line, the Big 3 Celtics who had a rapidly developing, the Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka Thunder with three MVP caliber talents, the Paul-Griffin-Jordan-Crawford Clippers, the "Big 3" and "Medium 3" Spurs, The Bulls with Rose-Noah-Deng (plus Korver, albeit as a role player then--but he played it very well), the Harden-Howard Rockets, to name a few loaded teams off the top of my head. The 2011-2014 Heat were not the most stacked of these teams. The one year where Wade was still a superstar, which also happened to be Bosh's best year, was the year the Heat roster was awful outside their top 3. The Heat had the worst bench in the league. As the Heat filled out their roster, to a degree, Wade ceased to be a superstar and both Wade and Bosh began to steadily decline.

The Heatles lost in 11', had to scrape their way to even get to the Finals in 12' and 13' and then barely won in 13'. They had the best record--in their conference--only once. People assumed they were always coasting through the regular season--thought that last year too--but 2015 has exposed the Heat simply are not as good as we thought they were. They were never a dominant team like a typical multiple championship team would be at some point.

The Celtics had an improving rondo but a rapidly devolving and aging big three..that were all clearly out of their primes past 2011..

The clippers and rockets never saw the heat even once and are perennial first and second round exit teams who have never even made the wcfs

Kobe was not the best guard in 2011 either.. He was run down off three long playoff runs as was pau and they both had major down years. LeBron own teammate, Dwayne wade was the best guard in the league.

The heatles had to scrape against the one man band bulls and Paul George pacers. They didn't even face one 50 win team on their way to the finals in 2013 and they had one of the easiest roads to the finals ever in 2014.

But keep on stannin

jbryan1984
02-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Dwight and CP3 were traded.

So was Melo but all 3 made it known they were leaving anyway which is why they were traded.

Rake2204
02-16-2015, 10:53 PM
Chris Bosh is not a superstar by any definition of the word...and if he is then there are plenty of teams with "3 superstars"My apologies for the wrong use of the term. Three Olympians would do. Or three bonafide all-stars. Whatever works.

The larger point of my post was the displeasure with seeing the manner with which I perceived James (a ride-or-die Cleveland guy trying to do whatever he could to bulldoze the competition and bring his Cavs a title) change so starkly (to trying win a championship before the season even started by attempting to heavily stack the odds in his favor in a random city down south).

Again, I didn't hate him. But in terms of my NBA fandom (i.e. watching basketball players run around for my own entertainment), the formation of that Heat team was something I really did not want to see succeed.

kamil
02-16-2015, 10:56 PM

You don't need the media to be able to tell that it was collusion in 2010.

Frozen1
02-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Yeah, that

Roundball_Rock
02-16-2015, 11:06 PM
Kobe was not the best guard in 2011 either..

No but he was at the moment the Heatles were formed.

The Celtics had an improving rondo but a rapidly devolving and aging big three..that were all clearly out of their primes past 2011..

True but they reigned supreme in the East--and in fact eliminated the 3 best players in the East (Wade, LeBron, Howard in the ECF) in the 2010 playoffs and really were an injury away from winning the title back in 10'. If healthy they could have won 3 straight from 2008-2010. The Big 3 were declining but some of it was offset by the rise of Rondo. They were still good enough to win 56 games in 11'--and they were right in the mix for the #1 seed before the Perkins trade mid-season--and make the ECF in 12', where they led 3-2 and also late in the fourth quarter of Game 7.

Correct on the Clippers and Rockets but my point was the Heat existed in an era with several stacked teams, an era where even have 2 elite players (whether Paul or Griffin or Howard and Harden) may not get you out the first round.

The Heat were never historically stacked let alone extraordinarily stacked relative to their own era. What the Heat did have was good luck with injuries. Their top competitor was felled not once but in three consecutive years due to Rose's injuries. Parker also was hurt in the 13' Finals.

The heatles had to scrape against the one man band bulls and Paul George pacers.

They crushed the Bulls in the ECF. Their tough ECF's were with the Pacers and Celtics--they also had a fairly tough ECSF with the Pacers in 12'.

If the Heat were as dominant as people like to think they were they would not have struggled as much as they did in 12' and 13'. How can a team be 1) stacked far beyond any other team in the league 2) have the best player in the league at his peak and then struggle against the old Celtics or the Pacers? The answer is they were good but never great or extraordinarily stacked. Wade and Bosh had declined considerably by 12' and then declined even more in subsequent seasons. Moreover, the Heat always had a flawed roster. This is why they never had a dominant year like other multiple championship teams have had. The one year they looked like they would, 13' when they won 66 games, they had 7 game series in the ECF and Finals. They never tore through the league like the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, Jordan-Pippen Bulls or other multiple championship teams did at some point(s).

The "stacked" Heat have been exposed this year. Will they even finish in the top 10 in their own conference? :lol This team was in the Finals last year with LeBron.

Joyner82reload
02-16-2015, 11:10 PM
Agreed. To say they're not the most hated of all time is one thing, but to say there were 10 teams more hated than them is a blatant lie

Bad Boy Pistons
1990's Cowboys
2007 Patriots
1980's Miami Hurricanes
1986 Oklahoma Sooners(Bosworth)
1992 Duke Bluedevils(Laettner)
2014 Florida State Seminoles(Winston)
2005 USC Trojans
2004 Lakers

Those teams were all more hated off of the top of my head

kamil
02-16-2015, 11:16 PM
Bad Boy Pistons
1990's Cowboys
2007 Patriots
1980's Miami Hurricanes
1986 Oklahoma Sooners(Bosworth)
1992 Duke Bluedevils(Laettner)
2014 Florida State Seminoles(Winston)
2005 USC Trojans
2004 Lakers

Those teams were all more hated off of the top of my head

Uh.... a number of those teams arent in the NBA.

Joyner82reload
02-16-2015, 11:20 PM
Uh.... a number of those teams arent in the NBA.

The original poster said most hated team in sports history. I said they weren't top 10 most hated in sports history and that they weren't even the most hated team in NBA history

tpols
02-16-2015, 11:21 PM
They were both historically stacked and stacked relative to their competition.. they were double super stacked in that way when they formed. That's why everyone hated them.

People tend to root for underdogs.. likeable David's.. and they hate the goliaths, the bullies.. that's why the heat were so hated especially at the beginning.

The best two players from the eastern conference.. all time legends in wade and lebron colluding with a 20/10 big man in a barren eastern conference.. their only competition being an aging out of prime Boston team, and a one superstar team of blue collar workers whose sole star wasn't as good as either of Miami's two best.

They had ring on lock til the historic choke by your king.

2012 they had some good competition but wade was still prime.. 2013 had poor competition but wade fell off.. 2014 help wasn't great but comp was all time bad.

Overall they ware a stacked team relative to what they faced. Using an injury plagued season more so than ever seen with LeBron and results from four years later don't tell us about the help at that time.

It'd be like saying "look! Scottie pippen sucks right now!" in 2001 to justify mj carrying a scrub to a title in 98.. it's almost as bad as propping current denyg as some type of star.. :oldlol: :oldlol:

FLDFSU
02-17-2015, 12:38 AM

So why is it okay for Boston to do it? Why is it okay for KG, Allen, and Pierce, along with Rondo to team up and run through the Eastern Conference?

If not for a KG injury and the Heat, Boston gets to 5 straight NBA titles. One year they literally ganged up on Wade, then Lebron, then Howard, and was one injury to Perkins/4th from beating the Lakers.

Beastmode88
02-17-2015, 12:41 AM
I still dont know how bran stans justify 3 players taking huge paycuts to avoid the luxury tax just to win a ring. If that's not a collusion then you need to check yourself.

JT123
02-17-2015, 12:48 AM
I still dont know how bran stans justify 3 players taking huge paycuts to avoid the luxury tax just to win a ring. If that's not a collusion then you need to check yourself.
Aren't the Spurs big 3 currently taking huge paycuts just to win rings? Do you consider that collusion? :rolleyes:
Thing you don't get is we don't care about collusion. There is no rule that says players can't plan to team up together. You are an idiot if you don't think other stars in previous eras thought about joining forces. 15 years ago Tmac, Grant Hill, and Duncan nearly joined forces all in their primes. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were just the first ones with the guts to do what they wanted to do. True pioneers those guys were.

FLDFSU
02-17-2015, 12:50 AM
They were both historically stacked and stacked relative to their competition.. they were double super stacked in that way when they formed. That's why everyone hated them.

People tend to root for underdogs.. likeable David's.. and they hate the goliaths, the bullies.. that's why the heat were so hated especially at the beginning.

The best two players from the eastern conference.. all time legends in wade and lebron colluding with a 20/10 big man in a barren eastern conference.. their only competition being an aging out of prime Boston team, and a one superstar team of blue collar workers whose sole star wasn't as good as either of Miami's two best.

They had ring on lock til the historic choke by your king.

2012 they had some good competition but wade was still prime.. 2013 had poor competition but wade fell off.. 2014 help wasn't great but comp was all time bad.

Overall they ware a stacked team relative to what they faced. Using an injury plagued season more so than ever seen with LeBron and results from four years later don't tell us about the help at that time.

It'd be like saying "look! Scottie pippen sucks right now!" in 2001 to justify mj carrying a scrub to a title in 98.. it's almost as bad as propping current denyg as some type of star.. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Did you know that aging Boston team as of last year still had 4/5 starters that were major contributors to playoff teams?

Pierce and KG starters-Nets
Perkins starter-Thunder
Allen in the closing line up-Heat

And Rondo was injured.

Rake2204
02-17-2015, 12:52 AM
So why is it okay for Boston to do it? Why is it okay for KG, Allen, and Pierce, along with Rondo to team up and run through the Eastern Conference?

If not for a KG injury and the Heat, Boston gets to 5 straight NBA titles. One year they literally ganged up on Wade, then Lebron, then Howard, and was one injury to Perkins/4th from beating the Lakers.I wish I could tell you why it felt different for me, but I've struggled to do so throughout the years. I guess a part of it may have been that I didn't find the 30 years or older collection of Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen to be as collectively legendary, stacked or intimidating as the teamed up trio in Miami.

Also, at that time, it at least felt like a good-sized organic risk on Boston's part, trading a crap ton of people and hedging their bets on a collection of players whose absolute peaks may have already been behind them.

I'll say, as a fan of a team that was competing for a championship back then (the 2008 Pistons), I was bummed to see them lose to the Celtics in the conference finals but I don't remember having any of the same feelings about that Celtics team as I did about the Heat (even though my Pistons were far out of things by the time 2011 rolled around). One would think it'd be the opposite (concluding awful things about the club that beat my team while feeling less passionate about the team that was never involved with my favorite franchise).

As mentioned, as a basketball fan, I really liked the idea in my head of a ride-or-die Cleveland LeBron bucking trends and sticking to his "I'm just here to do whatever I can to bring a title to Cleveland or else go down with this ship" ethos. Obviously, his decision to build a super team from scratch with two fellow Olympians in their primes in Miami more or less crushed that fun angle I had for LeBron's approach to the game. It pretty much went from one opposite to the other - "Grinding and giving one's all for the home team" to "Alright, I've decided to win a championship by picking a random location and taking my two Olympian friends and perfect role players there to build an unbeatable team from scratch."

FLDFSU
02-17-2015, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE]I wish I could tell you why it felt different for me, but I've struggled to do so throughout the years. I guess a part of it may have been that I didn't find the 30 years or older collection of Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen to be as collectively legendary, stacked or intimidating as the teamed up trio in Miami.

Of course not, but that is why they mostly did it. It should have been Wade, James, and Howard that teamed up to make it more fair. But what everyone forgets is that it is BOSTON that started this. If BOSTON would "have played by the rules," and not "colluded" first, Wade, James, and Bosh would NEVER have joined up.

Only thing the Heat did was gave Boston some of their own medicine.

Also, at that time, it at least felt like a good-sized organic risk on Boston's part, trading a crap ton of people and hedging their bets on a collection of players whose absolute peaks may have already been behind them.

People were just on here last week talking about how that Boston team was a failure and Doc was a failure because they did not win more than one ring and wasn't a bigger success. So LOTS of people felt that Boston team was better than an "good-sized organic risk." They felt that team should have done more than win one ring. And what is organic about that team? KG and Allen were drafted by Boston? Nothing organic about Boston, that was not organic about the Heat.

I'll say, as a fan of a team that was competing for a championship back then (the 2008 Pistons), I was bummed to see them lose to the Celtics in the conference finals but I don't remember having any of the same feelings about that Celtics team as I did about the Heat (even though my Pistons were far out of things by the time 2011 rolled around).

You should have. That Boston team was "unfairly" stacked. Three HOFers and Rondo ganging up and running through the East is "unfair" to the league and the rest of the conference.

Thank God for the Heat, otherwise Boston would have been awarded with at least 2 more trips to the NBA finals if not for Miami bring down that evil empire.

As mentioned, as a basketball fan, I really liked the idea in my head of a ride-or-die Cleveland LeBron bucking trends and sticking to his "I'm just here to do whatever I can to bring a title to Cleveland or else go down with this ship" ethos. Obviously, his decision to build a super team from scratch with two fellow Olympians in their primes in Miami more or less crushed that fun angle I had for LeBron's approach to the game. It pretty much went from one opposite to the other - "Grinding and giving one's all for the home team" to "Alright, I've decided to win a championship by picking a random location and taking my two Olympian friends and perfect role players there to build an unbeatable team from scratch."

And as a basketball fan myself, I like the idea of a level playing field. BOSTON created a situation where Wade, Bosh, and James had to take action otherwise they would continue to go 5 on 1, putting up 35-10-8 games only to lose in 5 to the Celtics.

Something had to be done.

Rake2204
02-17-2015, 01:17 AM
Of course not, but that is why they mostly did it. It should have been Wade, James, and Howard that teamed up to make it more fair. But what everyone forgets is that it is BOSTON that started this. If BOSTON would "have played by the rules," and not "colluded" first, Wade, James, and Bosh would NEVER have joined up.

Only thing the Heat did was gave Boston some of their own medicine.

People were just on here last week talking about how that Boston team was a failure and Doc was a failure because they did not win more than one ring and wasn't a bigger success. So LOTS of people felt that Boston team was better than an "good-sized organic risk." They felt that team should have done more than win one ring. And what is organic about that team? KG and Allen were drafted by Boston? Nothing organic about Boston, that was not organic about the Heat.

You should have. That Boston team was "unfairly" stacked. Three HOFers and Rondo ganging up and running through the East is "unfair" to the league and the rest of the conference.

Thank God for the Heat, otherwise Boston would have been awarded with at least 2 more trips to the NBA finals if not for Miami bring down that evil empire.

And as a basketball fan myself, I like the idea of a level playing field. BOSTON created a situation where Wade, Bosh, and James had to take action otherwise they would continue to go 5 on 1, putting up 35-10-8 games only to lose in 5 to the Celtics.

Something had to be done.I understand you are a very loyal Miami Heat fan. The best I've been able to give you are my feelings on this matter and as such, I'm not sure there's much more I can do with all this.

I've already explained why I personally didn't care for the LeBron/Dwyane/Bosh Heat. It's personal preference. It does not mean I have a problem with Heat fans or anything, it's just that situation wasn't one I preferred.

Beastmode88
02-17-2015, 01:20 AM
Aren't the Spurs big 3 currently taking huge paycuts just to win rings? Do you consider that collusion? :rolleyes:
Thing you don't get is we don't care about collusion. There is no rule that says players can't plan to team up together. You are an idiot if you don't think other stars in previous eras thought about joining forces. 15 years ago Tmac, Grant Hill, and Duncan nearly joined forces all in their primes. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were just the first ones with the guts to do what they wanted to do. True pioneers those guys were.

They're veterans now.. Duncan is 38 years old. Of course you guys don't care about collusion. More talent Lebron has on his team the more people you can scapegoat. Just like the 2014 finals when all the "heat fans" were ganging up on wade. :facepalm But the biggest thing is you guys always claim teams are "stacked" like the thunder, lakers, spurs, etc but Lebron has all stars on his team his team is not stacked. Double standards dont apply to you guys apparently. :hammerhead:

SouBeachTalents
02-17-2015, 01:34 AM
They're veterans now.. Duncan is 38 years old. Of course you guys don't care about collusion. More talent Lebron has on his team the more people you can scapegoat. Just like the 2014 finals when all the "heat fans" were ganging up on wade. :facepalm But the biggest thing is you guys always claim teams are "stacked" like the thunder, lakers, spurs, etc but Lebron has all stars on his team his team is not stacked. Double standards dont apply to you guys apparently. :hammerhead:

Wade deserves all criticism he gets for the 2014 Finals. Dude was horrible

JT123
02-17-2015, 01:38 AM
Having All stars doesn't mean your team is stacked, it means the team is top heavy. Heat have all their core players back from last season minus Lebron, yet are in danger of missing the playoffs. If the 2014 Heat were stacked they would be no worse than a 5 seed right now after losing Lebron and replacing him with a very good player in Deng.
Also, it doesn't matter how old the Spurs big 3 are. Those guys are all taking far less than they are worth so they can stack the odds in their favor. The Spurs are a team that is truly stacked, as all 3 of those guys can sit out and the team will often still win. Lebron has never played on a team that has been good enough to post a + .500 record when he sits out. That stat alone is proof that he has never been on a stacked team.

Milbuck
02-17-2015, 01:40 AM
I wish there was a way to go back to 2011, somehow erase from my mind of all the bullshit excessive hate I held towards Lebron/Wade/Bosh, and re-watch them at their best. The highlights and footage are all out there but there's always gonna be a bit of disapproval for me with the way they handled things. Don't know why it takes away from the appeal of the on-court product, but it just does. Wish I could clear my head of all of it and fully enjoy that duo for the surreal talents they were.

Mr. Jabbar
02-17-2015, 01:41 AM
same backstabbing and stacking the deck, same shit different year, xept he's balder

BasedTom
02-17-2015, 01:44 AM
The 2011 Heat besides the Big 3 were dogshit (yeah that sounds like a weird statement, but it is true). Wade was still in his prime, so it was a regular occurrence for the Big 3 to combine for like 76 of the team's points night in and night out.

That's one of the major reasons why they lost to the Mavs. With Lebron failing to contribute what he had done all year, it just wasn't enough for Wade and Bosh to nearly outscore the Mavs by themselves. Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony weren't going to give much on the offensive end. Lebron choked, and there is just no getting around that.

The later teams added guys like Battier, Birdman, Ray, and guys already on the team like Mike Miller, UD, Chalmers were able to get easier looks. So even though Wade and Bosh became less dominant, the added depth more than made up for it. The 2012-2013 team was the best overall Heat team of that period.

BasedTom
02-17-2015, 01:50 AM
Yeah, the ones doing that have Henry Abbot and Cavs avatars now. That being said, it was a lowpoint is his career, I will admit. The whole team sort of phoned it in and couldn't hope to match up with the Spurs.

Let's not act as if Lebron James is absolved of blame in that series. A lot of his points came when the games were clearly out of reach...I'd think "Now is when you're kicking it in gear, when the team is down 20?" As the unquestioned leader of the team, I was hoping for more tbh

SouBeachTalents
02-17-2015, 02:02 AM
Yeah, the ones doing that have Henry Abbot and Cavs avatars now. That being said, it was a lowpoint is his career, I will admit. The whole team sort of phoned it in and couldn't hope to match up with the Spurs.

Let's not act as if Lebron James is absolved of blame in that series. A lot of his points came when the games were clearly out of reach...I'd think "Now is when you're kicking it in gear, when the team is down 20?" As the unquestioned leader of the team, I was hoping for more tbh

That's actually not true. LeBron scored 14 of his 22 points in the first quarter of Game 3, and 17 of his 31 in the first quarter of Game 5

andremiller07
02-17-2015, 02:05 AM
The difference for me between the two teams is I looked at Miami as a legit threat to dominate for a long time but I just don't get that feeling with the Cavs. Therefore I hated the Heat much more.

BasedTom
02-17-2015, 02:12 AM
That's actually not true. LeBron scored 14 of his 22 points in the first quarter of Game 3, and 17 of his 31 in the first quarter of Game 5
...meh, the main thing is that 2011 was just so much closer. If Lebron plays up to par- not even great- just to his standards, then the Heat have another trophy in their case. It will always be the one that got away.

2014 was just a dismantling. Nothing could be done to change that. Game 5 looked winnable until the 2nd half rolled around

jlip
02-17-2015, 02:13 AM
No one hated the Heat. They hated Lebron. No one was looking for the "Heat" to fail. They were looking for Lebron to fail. If it was Melo who had gone to Miami with Wade and Bosh as opposed to Lebron there would not have been nearly as much animus against them.

SouBeachTalents
02-17-2015, 02:15 AM
...meh, the main thing is that 2011 was just so much closer. If Lebron plays up to par- not even great- just to his standards, then the Heat have another trophy in their case. It will always be the one that got away.

2014 was just a dismantling. Nothing could be done to change that. Game 5 looked winnable until the 2nd half rolled around

No argument from me, that's what makes 2011 so much worse for his legacy. If he just scored 12-15 points in Game 4 they win the series. But imo blaming LeBron for 2014 is like blaming Wade for 2011

houston
02-17-2015, 03:17 AM
bosh right

Rose'sACL
02-17-2015, 03:48 AM

that is not true. it is just a made up lie that lebron haters present as a fact. lebron was great offensively in 2014 finals. much better than 2013 finals actually. game is not out of reach till second half of 4th quarter in playoffs and he scored most of his points before them.
i remember him scoring point after point and heat letting score the same amount on the other hand. leonard scored most of his point whenever lebron had to switch because of heat's defensive scheme.

Rose'sACL
02-17-2015, 03:50 AM

if bosh plays a little better then heat win in 2011 too. if people want to call heat stacked then heat should have won in 2011. wade also fcked up in clutch in 2011 finals.

tomtucker
02-17-2015, 03:50 AM
No one hated the Heat. They hated Lebron. No one was looking for the "Heat" to fail. They were looking for Lebron to fail. If it was Melo who had gone to Miami with Wade and Bosh as opposed to Lebron there would not have been nearly as much animus against them.

true

Megabox!
02-17-2015, 03:51 AM
that is not true. it is just a made up lie that lebron haters present as a fact. lebron was great offensively in 2014 finals. much better than 2013 finals actually. game is not out of reach till second half of 4th quarter in playoffs and he scored most of his points before them.
i remember him scoring point after point and heat letting score the same amount on the other hand. leonard scored most of his point whenever lebron had to switch because of heat's defensive scheme.
Didn't he score like 19 straight points or something in the 3rd quarter of game 4?