PDA

View Full Version : If Houston more or less swaps NO 1st for Dragic

UK2K
02-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Does that make them contenders?

Read that Suns were trying to work it out.

RightTwoCensor
02-16-2015, 07:06 PM
We're already contenders.

RightTwoCensor
02-16-2015, 07:07 PM
K-Pap, T-Jones, NOP 1st seems like its enough to snag Dragic.

If the really want him we'd throw in Capela if they'd return up a pick for the future.

russwest0
02-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Darryl Morey on his 2k shit :applause:

Just recently I took the Lakers roster as is and in year 1 got them a starting 5 of Chalmers/Kobe/Durant/Mirotic/Vucevic, purely from making deals.

Cocaine80s
02-16-2015, 07:17 PM
If Dwight is healthy yes.

Most likely not though

RoundMoundOfReb
02-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Darryl Morey on his 2k shit :applause:

Just recently I took the Lakers roster as is and in year 1 got them a starting 5 of Chalmers/Kobe/Durant/Mirotic/Vucevic, purely from making deals.
how?

What did you trade for Durant?

KNOW1EDGE
02-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Dragic makes them a lot better and gives them a better shot at advancing.

But even with Dragic I don't see Houston making the WCF

russwest0
02-16-2015, 07:20 PM
how?

What did you trade for Durant?

Traded Drummond/Aldridge/Holiday, who I got by trading for

MiseryCityTexas
02-16-2015, 07:24 PM
K-Pap, T-Jones, NOP 1st seems like its enough to snag Dragic.

If the really want him we'd throw in Capela if they'd return up a pick for the future.

Hell no. Capela could potentially be a solid player. He's been killing the D League with little effort lately.

RightTwoCensor
02-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Hell no. Capela could potentially be a solid player. He's been killing the D League with little effort lately.
We're in a win-now mode. Our window to win with this squad is closing the more game Dwight sits. Like it or not, Capela won't be championship piece any time soon.

blackification
02-16-2015, 07:45 PM
You really think the suns are going to give dragic to the rockets for the shitty pelicans pick when they probably finish 9th in the west?

They wouldnt even give them IT for that.

Look at the past moves from McD he will rob you or not make a deal and worry about it later. They will probably have to give up Dmo, TJ and the pick or they will have to settle for IT

JimmyMcAdocious
02-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Most underrated PG, best SG, most impactful SF, three allstars talents at PF, and the best C in the NBA?

First round exit.

Lebronxrings
02-16-2015, 08:55 PM
yes, but james harden will lose his mvp spot.

chocolatethunder
02-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Harden controls the ball a lot, I don't really see the need for Dragic. Dragic, much like Harden is most effective with the ball in his hands (his numbers are down and he's been playing off the ball). They have good D at the PG spot and Dragic is a downgrade defensively. If I were Houston I suppose I would make this move too but I'm not sure that it's what this team needs most. I don't know what Houston needs the most but they could use a stud off the bench (not smith although he has played better off the bench).

navy
02-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Harden controls the ball a lot, I don't really see the need for Dragic. Dragic, much like Harden is most effective with the ball in his hands (his numbers are down and he's been playing off the ball). They have good D at the PG spot and Dragic is a downgrade defensively. If I were Houston I suppose I would make this move too but I'm not sure that it's what this team needs most. I don't know what Houston needs the most but they could use a stud off the bench (not smith although he has played better off the bench).
Rockets are lacking in creators. Even if you have to bring Dragic off the bench to make it work, they will be better off.

RightTwoCensor
02-16-2015, 09:18 PM
You really think the suns are going to give dragic to the rockets for the shitty pelicans pick when they probably finish 9th in the west?

Look at the past moves from McD he will rob you or not make a deal and worry about it later. They will probably have to give up Dmo, TJ and the pick or they will have to settle for IT
Dragic >>> #13, #14, Terrence Jones, and K-Pap?

Yeah right, hold this L.

disel
02-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Harden, Dragic, Montiunes, Beverley , Josh Smith, Dwight Howard and Cory Brewer is a damn good core. dem cats will have defense and offense sealed up

blackification
02-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Dragic >>> #13, #14, Terrence Jones, and K-Pap?

Yeah right, hold this L.
Phoenix has 15 players how do they take back two players and two additional draft picks?

Thats right they dont, the shitty package the rockets offer will not do it

Spurs m8
02-16-2015, 10:27 PM
We're already contenders.

LOL how cute

RightTwoCensor
02-16-2015, 11:05 PM
Bullock and Ennis could be moved for Miami's 1st that's owned by Philly.

Zoran is likely to be waived even if Goran resigns.

Wright is expiring and can be replaced by Plumlee and Len.

This is all possible scenarios that could happen

UK2K
02-16-2015, 11:44 PM
Rockets are lacking in creators. Even if you have to bring Dragic off the bench to make it work, they will be better off.
Yep.

With the addition of Dragic, you could keep him or Harden on the floor all game.

Jud
02-16-2015, 11:46 PM
If Houston gets Dragic they could easily become a top 5-7 team with a good Dwight coming back.

navy
02-16-2015, 11:48 PM
Rockets fans swear they didnt already have Dragic. :roll:

Morey stays playing 2k.

UK2K
02-17-2015, 12:44 AM

Or, let Dragic walk for nothing in three months?

Yeah you're right, Houston would have to give up the world for a guy who the Suns probably won't even have by next season.

Looks like the Suns hold all the chips lol

RoseCity07
02-17-2015, 12:45 AM
No because Harden is too ball dominant. He looks really bad not getting the ball in his hands late in a game. Dragic also needs the ball to be effective.

They won't play well together.

RightTwoCensor
02-17-2015, 12:51 AM
Dragic this season has nearly identical stats to Lin during his 1st run in Houston.

RightTwoCensor
02-17-2015, 12:53 AM
They both are pretty similar in terms of box score results, but the 3PT is what stands out to me.

chocolatethunder
02-17-2015, 01:50 AM
No because Harden is too ball dominant. He looks really bad not getting the ball in his hands late in a game. Dragic also needs the ball to be effective.

I agree. It's not a good match.

disel
02-17-2015, 03:18 AM
Dragic this season has nearly identical stats to Lin during his 1st run in Houston.
Dragic has more talent in his left nut then lin has in his entire body.

livingby3's
02-17-2015, 03:27 AM

U do know that Dragic's playing off ball while Thomas and Bledsoe are given alot of time onball right?

bdreason
02-17-2015, 03:41 AM
How do the Suns plan on justifying giving away Dragic for scraps when they're in the middle of a playoff race?

They really messed up giving Bledsoe that contract.

Eric Cartman
02-17-2015, 03:42 AM
If Houston gets Dragic they could easily become a top 5-7 team with a good Dwight coming back.

They already that with Dwight injured.

With Dragic and Dwight they become the team to beat.

UK2K
02-17-2015, 03:43 AM
How do the Suns plan on justifying giving away Dragic for scraps when they're in the middle of a playoff race?

They really messed up giving Bledsoe that contract.

Anyone who thinks the Suns are contenders this season, or next season, are kidding themselves.

They are only in the playoff race because Durant and Westbrook have missed half the season.

They're 5 games behind San Antonio, and if OKC had been healthy all season, they would be 5 games out of the 8th seed.

UK2K
02-17-2015, 05:40 AM

@Gambo987
Follow
@BenDuBose I'm sure they would rather trade Isiah but not much of a market for him. Yes trading Dragic a real possibility

Suns beat writer ^^^

UK2K
02-17-2015, 05:44 AM

I think Dragic and Harden would work well.

Harden's usage rate is 30.5, Steph's is 28.3.

It wouldnt be unheard of to land Dragic and he take a play off every now and then. I think he'll be okay.

Besides, if I am the Rockets, I let Dragic and Harden handle the rock while the other rests. Imagine, you could have with Dragic or Harden on the floor every minute of every game. A playmaker on the court for a full game.

livingby3's
02-17-2015, 05:57 AM
It's a mess. Screw whatever we are doing. This team has no balance.
Just ship all of them and play Ennis at the point.

PJ Thugger, Gerald Chucking Green, Isaiah noD Thomas should all go.

Ennis, Goodwin, Warren, Len as building blocks >> what we're running now.

These young guys actually wants to play and play hard.
The Vets on the team play with little to no intensity. Only one who fights is Dragic and the coaching staffs play him off ball and defer to Thomas, Bledsoe.

-Frustrated Suns fan

UK2K
02-17-2015, 11:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

andremiller07
02-17-2015, 11:46 PM
It's a mess. Screw whatever we are doing. This team has no balance.
Just ship all of them and play Ennis at the point.

PJ Thugger, Gerald Chucking Green, Isaiah noD Thomas should all go.

Ennis, Goodwin, Warren, Len as building blocks >> what we're running now.

These young guys actually wants to play and play hard.
The Vets on the team play with little to no intensity. Only one who fights is Dragic and the coaching staffs play him off ball and defer to Thomas, Bledsoe.

-Frustrated Suns fan
Hating on PJ Tucker :biggums:

SwishSquared
02-17-2015, 11:49 PM
Apparently Dragic prefers to go to LAL, NYK, or MIA over HOU. Suppose it has to do with max dollars and he wants to be a primary ball handler going forward. Lakers were rumored to go after him with a full max this summer. Not sure what Phoenix can get for him honestly. Lakers won't decrease pick protections or give them anything more than an expiring contract and a late first I bet (like the HOU pick).

A straight up trade of Deng + Cole for Dragic would make Miami pretty dangerous going forward. They'd need a SF pretty badly and would have limited means to obtain one. But Dragic-Wade-Bosh-Whiteside is a darn good 4 man group in the East.