PDA

View Full Version : Durant avg. 2nd least FGA per game while Russ is avg. his highest FGA

Hey Yo
02-16-2015, 08:45 PM
KD is currently avg. 17.4 FGA per game which is his lowest since his rookie year (17.1)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01.html

While Westbrook is currently avg 20.4 FGA which is his highest for his career.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01.html

Question is......is this good for OKC in the long run or bad, having Russ avg. more FGA than KD?

navy
02-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Irrelevant. Asterisk season.

Prime_Shaq
02-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Personally to me they're 2 of the top 5 players in the league so I don't mind having Westbrook take more shots than KD as KD recovers and gets back into rhythm. I would like to see Westbrook to take smarter shots though. From what I've seen he's incredibly rushed. A player of his size and skill should bide his time and slowly break down a team's defense.

inclinerator
02-16-2015, 08:54 PM
the better player takes more shots

KG215
02-16-2015, 08:54 PM
I'd have to see their numbers when they've both played this season, but there's some context that needs to be added here:

- Westbrook has played 20ish or so games this year without Durant, so of course his FGA numbers are going to be pretty high in those games.

- Durant's played limited minutes and, in some games when he's just come back from whatever injury had him out for a week or two or three, doesn't exert himself as much because he's still got a lot of rust. He just hasn't been as aggressive in a lot of games this year as in year's past because he's still trying to work himself back into true form.

Is it best for OKC in the long run? Probably not if/when Durant gets back to 2012-2014 form. But for now, with Durant shaking off a lot of rust and getting back into form, coupled with Westbrook playing the best basketball of his career, Russ averaging more FGA probably is best for OKC. Granted Durant put up a couple of really stellar performances right before the All-Star break.

Joyner82reload
02-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Durant 58.5 eFG%
Westbrook 45.5 eFG%

ATTABOY WESTBROOK :applause:

Thunderfan86
02-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Both guys are pretty dam good. It has become the norm for Westbrook to hog the ball every once in a while. No one seems to care or say anything about it so I guess it's all good......and when I say "no one" I mean Scott Brooks.

Lebronxrings
02-16-2015, 08:57 PM
I'd have to see their numbers when they've both played this season, but there's some context that needs to be added here:

- Westbrook has played 20ish or so games this year without Durant, so of course his FGA numbers are going to be pretty high in those games.

- Durant's played limited minutes and, in some games when he's just come back from whatever injury had him out for a week or two or three, doesn't exert himself as much because he's still got a lot of rust. He just hasn't been as aggressive in a lot of games this year as in year's past because he's still trying to work himself back into true form.

Is it best for OKC in the long run? Probably not if/when Durant gets back to 2012-2014 form. But for now, with Durant shaking off a lot of rust and getting back into form, coupled with Westbrook playing the best basketball of his career, Russ averaging more FGA probably is best for OKC. Granted Durant put up a couple of really stellar performances right before the All-Star break.
says the durant stan :facepalm

lets be honest, you only hopped on okc because of durant. You give no absolute shit about westbrook, ibaka, jackson, etc.

Thunderfan86
02-16-2015, 09:02 PM

lets be honest, you only hopped on okc because of durant. You give no absolute shit about westbrook, ibaka, jackson, etc.
You don't know shit about this dude and why he likes OKC. How bout you go jump in a Lake or something bitch nikka

KG215
02-16-2015, 09:06 PM

:oldlol:

What even about my post was anti-Westbrook and pro-Durant? I was providing some context as to why Westbrook's FGAs were the highest of his career and Durant's were the lowest of his career. I didn't say I was upset about it or complaining about it. Somehow my post is "Durant stan" and the post by a true Durant stan/non-OKC fan who posted their eFG%s and made fun of Westbrook isn't in your eyes.

Someone's mad.

Fudge
02-16-2015, 09:09 PM

Thunder fans stay living rent free. You're our bitch on here. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Cowboy Thunder
02-16-2015, 09:18 PM

You're ceiling as an ISH member is your relentless posting of "No Excuses" in Thunder threads. Stick to that. Anything more and your lack of cognitive ability really starts to expose itself. :(

J Shuttlesworth
02-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Interesting. There's a 2 FGA differential between them per 36, so it's not a huge deal... but if I'm gonna deactivate "troll" mode for a minute, I don't think it's a winning recipe. I think they'd benefit from KD taking more shots throughout the course of the game, but Westbrook being the go to guy in the clutch since he's so coldblooded. Similar tandem to Aldridge/Lillard.

I also think it's up to KD to control the team, and keep Westbrook in check... let him know that he's the man, not russ, and demand the ball. I didn't see enough of that in the playoffs late in the game last year, but it's something KD will have to do this year if they want to win.

ShawkFactory
02-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Durant 58.5 eFG%
Westbrook 45.5 eFG%

Wait, you realize both guys play for your team right?

Unless you're just a Durant **********. In which case, go kill yourself.

J Shuttlesworth
02-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Wait, you realize both guys play for your team right?

Unless you're just a Durant **********. In which case, go kill yourself.
He obviously is. Always trying to diss Westbrook to prop up KD :facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
02-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Durant 58.5 eFG%
Westbrook 45.5 eFG%

This just makes Durant look like more of a beta.

Hey Yo
02-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Interesting. There's a 2 FGA differential between them per 36, so it's not a huge deal... but if I'm gonna deactivate "troll" mode for a minute, I don't think it's a winning recipe. I think they'd benefit from KD taking more shots throughout the course of the game, but Westbrook being the go to guy in the clutch since he's so coldblooded. Similar tandem to Aldridge/Lillard.

I also think it's up to KD to control the team, and keep Westbrook in check... let him know that he's the man, not russ, and demand the ball. I didn't see enough of that in the playoffs late in the game last year, but it's something KD will have to do this year if they want to win.
I agree.

Russ use to be "Durant's wing" while now it's slowly turning into the opposite. If it continues, I can see KD moving on when the time comes.

They both need their own wing, not battling who's who. That's what it's starting to become to.

Roundball_Rock
02-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Does Durant have the standing internally to ask Westbrook to defer to him? The trend, which started in the playoffs last year, is going in Westbrook's direction.

dunksby
02-17-2015, 01:30 AM
What I know is that both of them are going on a tear post AS, OKC needs everyone to play at a high level. If we are to make the postseason and go deep the team should peak after the break.

Droid101
02-17-2015, 01:34 AM

http://web.archive.org/web/20140713010430/http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342014

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9jTYuKvZ-as/U9k1RWev3OI/AAAAAAAAqqc/jeUfCDOkXbw/w938-h302-no/lebronxringsMeltdown.PNG

Stop posting on this website.

bdreason
02-17-2015, 03:22 AM
Durant has been hurt most of the season, and the FGA reflect that.

That said, if the Thunder will never win a title with Westbrook taking more shots than Durant.

Eric Cartman
02-17-2015, 03:30 AM
It's not Russ's fault that KD shies away from a challenge, especially come playoff time. As beta as they come.

Joyner82reload
02-17-2015, 03:33 AM
It's not Russ's fault that KD shies away from a challenge, especially come playoff time. As beta as they come.

Clearly :rolleyes:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2edtl79.jpg

Genaro
02-17-2015, 03:40 AM
KD has been injured all year, WB played a lot of games without him and some games KD was on a minute restriction. This is basically a non story.

AintNoSunshine
02-17-2015, 06:23 AM
Looks like they have finally figured out who the alpha is on the team, it only took them 4 years

Collie
02-17-2015, 06:27 AM
Durant's FGA is not that bad. He actually averaged roughly the same just 2 years ago in 5 more mpg.

ninephive
02-17-2015, 03:12 PM
KD is currently avg. 17.4 FGA per game which is his lowest since his rookie year (17.1)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01.html

While Westbrook is currently avg 20.4 FGA which is his highest for his career.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01.html

Question is......is this good for OKC in the long run or bad, having Russ avg. more FGA than KD?
KD 2014-15 FG% - 52%
WB 2014-15 FG% - 43%

KD 2014-15 3P% - 41%
WB 2014-15 3P% - 28%

KD 2014-15 FT% - 85%
WB 2014-15 FT% - 83%

It is good...for opposing teams...in every way.

Dro
02-17-2015, 07:13 PM
Both guys are pretty dam good. It has become the norm for Westbrook to hog the ball every once in a while. No one seems to care or say anything about it so I guess it's all good......and when I say "no one" I mean Scott Brooks.
It sounds like you're not too happy about this. Do you not like the fact that Westbrook shoots so much?