PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline: Nuggets the biggest sellers

kurple
02-17-2015, 01:10 PM
OK, so the post-melo era is done. Shaw is hopeless, but the team also needs A LOT of adjusting.

Its wierd, cause we have a lot of very good players, and i dont want us to give them away for nothing. But we cant just keep them and get literally nothing

Afflalo is gone for sure. Hopefully for a 1st, but teams might hardball us since he's got a PO this summer (he would be stupid not to take it, with the 2016 cap bonanza)

Wilson, is a really nice player. Smooth stroke, with 3pt range, great defender (our best), and still athletic and use his size well attacking the basket, and usually getting his own rebound if he misses a close layup or tear drop. Hope we get a pick at least close to the lottery for him. Or a semi-talented prospect as well as a 1st

Jameer and Foye could be had for a bag of chips.

Its said that the nuggets are listening to offers for Ty and Faried. I would not be shocked to see Faried traded, but have no idea how much our FO value him

russwest0
02-17-2015, 01:17 PM
OKC should trade a first for Afflalo

Demon Lizard
02-17-2015, 01:19 PM
I really want Chandler to come to the Blazers. A 1st and Thomas Robinson. Make it happen.

UK2K
02-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Trade it all and collect five first round picks this year.

There's a ton of talent in this draft.

Draft you a starting five.

Make a title run in three years.

kurple
02-17-2015, 01:38 PM
I would keep Lawson, and maybe use him to trade up on draft night

Also. Lawson is REALLY good. i cant believe every team isnt trying to land him

would have been an allstar by now had he not been drafted to the West. He really is one of the best playmakers in the game

SwishSquared
02-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Trade Affalo to OKC for Perkins + drop protections on their first to like top 5. Would get OKC closer to ducking tax (potentially would be enough to get them under) and would essentially ensure that Nuggets get a first. OKC could get like a 7th seed with him down home stretch. That would probably be the ~18th pick, which isn't too bad I guess for him. I think opening up PT for G. Harris is important though. He needs some reps.

I think I was listening to Zach Lowe on a recent BS Report and he said that Denver could hold onto Chandler through the deadline, based on his team-friendly contract. He's always tradeable over the summer, too.

Lawson is intriguing because he's actually good and on a fairly-priced contract. He may need a change of scenery, but a new coach may suffice for a change. Unless somebody gives a great offer (didn't BOS have interest?) I'd hold onto him through deadline and re-evaluate trades on draft night.

I would shop Faried around though and try to maximize a return for him. Idk what serious suitors he'd have, but I can imagine getting a pick + interesting young guy for him. Maybe Faried to Charlotte for Vonleh + cap filler + CLT's 2015 first?

Wavves
02-17-2015, 02:11 PM
I really want Chandler to come to the Blazers. A 1st and Thomas Robinson. Make it happen.
I second this. I really want us to make a move for Wilson Chandler.

I love Thomas Robinson and it would suck to see him go but for Chandler it would be worth it.

blablabla
02-17-2015, 02:18 PM
It'd be great if they found a suitor for Faried and the huge extension they gave him couple month ago. I like the guy, he hustles but i don't see the need for a player like him in the current nba at least not as a starter. I think to be a modern Power Forward you gotta at least have a consistent mid range jumper to space the floor and faried doesn't. And for someone who's biggest quality is probably his rebounding and hustle game he doesn't get that many boards, a good offensive rebounder at best, he doesn't get steals, he's not blocking shots i don't really see any qualities in him that would make him worth near max money. If he could make a development like millsap, who was also an undersized hustle power forward that'd be great, faried is also more athletic than millsap but let's see he's already 25.

The other guys would be great additions to any team.

Nastradamus
02-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Chandler is not very good.

Charlie Sheen
02-17-2015, 02:39 PM
I would keep Lawson, and maybe use him to trade up on draft night

Also. Lawson is REALLY good. i cant believe every team isnt trying to land him

would have been an allstar by now had he not been drafted to the West. He really is one of the best playmakers in the game

Sacramento, Boston and who else would have both the need for Ty and what it would take to get him?

Demon Lizard
02-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Chandler is not very good.

Not even as a backup?

SwishSquared
02-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Not sure if either party would be interested, but who says no to:
J. Terry/Papanikolaou/Shved + NOP pick + 2016 2nd for Lawson/Foye?

Demon Lizard
02-17-2015, 04:23 PM

That looks pretty even to me.

Dr Seuss
02-17-2015, 04:30 PM

That looks pretty even to me.

Turrrrible.

SwishSquared
02-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Turrrrible.
Is that deal bad from a DEN or HOU perspective? T-Jones could get tossed in there (and salaries would more or less match-up), but I would think a (likely) late lotto pick in this year's draft + expiring contracts is decent value for a good, not great, PG on a reasonable contract. Maybe HOU throws in the 2015 NYK 2nd rounder? I don't think Houston wants to give up a big in a trade for a PG with Dwight out. I like Papanikolaou's game actually, even if his NG team option is $4.5M for next year. If he could just shoot reliably...(or at all lol)

KNOW1EDGE
02-17-2015, 04:50 PM

I agree.

Wilson Chandler would be great in Portland.
If they could get him for the right price it'd be great.

Neil Olshey seems content to sit on his hands and not make any moves. A lil disappointing, but the Blazers are playing well and maybe he's afraid to mess with a good thing

Demon Lizard
02-17-2015, 05:12 PM
I agree.

Wilson Chandler would be great in Portland.
If they could get him for the right price it'd be great.

Neil Olshey seems content to sit on his hands and not make any moves. A lil disappointing, but the Blazers are playing well and maybe he's afraid to mess with a good thing

Chemistry is important and keeping most of the team together is important (see Mavs/Spurs), but little tweaks are also necessary. Hopefully he sees this as just a little tweak and goes for it.

MP.Trey
02-17-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm hearing rumors of Afflalo reuniting with George Karl in Sac Town. Would be an interesting move.