PDA

View Full Version : If your team is a championship contender, you shouldn't fear facing any team

sportjames23
02-17-2015, 07:34 PM
I've seen posts here for a while, this season included, in which some of ya'll here state that you'd rather your favorite team avoid a certain team or teams in the playoffs.

I never understood that mentality. I've always wanted my team to face the best teams on the way to the title. Never feared my Bulls playing any other team during the post-season.

As Ric Flair used to say, "To be The Man, you gotta beat The Man! And I'm The Man! Whooo!"

http://oi51.tinypic.com/118ljzm.jpg

When the Pistons eliminated my Bulls three years in a row from 1988 to 1990, I wanted the Bulls to face them in 1991. Beating them on the way to the championship that year made it so much sweeter. Hell, the only regret I have is that MJ's Bulls never got to face Bird's Celtics again after 1986 (and we would have face them in 1991 if they had beat Detroit in the ECSF).

But yeah, I don't get wanting to avoid any team. You should want to destroy all foes.

Here, I'll let a warrior tell it. Conan, what is best in life?

http://i.imgur.com/T3Sct6C.gif

Cocaine80s
02-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Why do you act like you're on the team?
You're just a fan. Shut the **** up and sit down pha*got.

Mr. Jabbar
02-17-2015, 07:38 PM
"If your team is to be a championship contender, you should avoid the west."

-Lebron James

Heavincent
02-17-2015, 07:39 PM
"If your team is a championship contender, you should avoid the west."

-Lebron James

:roll:

Thunderfan86
02-17-2015, 07:50 PM

Demon Lizard
02-17-2015, 08:03 PM
Agreed with the title, but you can certainly have preferences based on match ups.

Alamо
02-17-2015, 09:04 PM
The championship flight fears no one!!

Caw caw!!!

Megabox!
02-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Well damn

SyRyanYang
02-18-2015, 12:32 AM
:lol

CP343
02-18-2015, 01:04 AM
Hopefully Blake comes back healthy and the Clips start clicking more down the final stretch. When they click, they are capable of beating anybody.

SouBeachTalents
02-18-2015, 01:04 AM
The championship flight fears no one!!

Caw caw!!!

GOAT like post to rep ratio

SamuraiSWISH
02-18-2015, 01:09 AM
I've seen posts here for a while, this season included, in which some of ya'll here state that you'd rather your favorite team avoid a certain team or teams in the playoffs.

I never understood that mentality. I've always wanted my team to face the best teams on the way to the title. Never feared my Bulls playing any other team during the post-season.
Co-sign. I don't want the easy way out. A true competitor wants to prove he's the best by beating the baddest, and the worst, the best of challenges out there. That's where TRUE championship mettle is bred. F-uck fear. You have to have heart to want to face things like that ...

Siemens
02-18-2015, 01:11 AM
GOAT like post to rep ratio

Nah, that's weak sauce.

Ariza4three
02-18-2015, 01:15 AM
DAMN

nba_55
02-18-2015, 01:18 AM
LOL:oldlol:

TheMan
02-18-2015, 01:30 AM
I just want a Bulls/Cavs series. Bulls sending Bron fishing early this postseason :applause:

RoundMoundOfReb
02-18-2015, 01:33 AM
:oldlol:

Ariza4three
02-18-2015, 01:33 AM
I just want a Bulls/Cavs series. Bulls sending Bron fishing early this postseason :applause:
LOL. King James shits on your franchise. He'll send Mr. 6% home again :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
02-18-2015, 01:35 AM
:applause:

I want D-Rose and the Bulls to curb stomp:

Teague and the Hawks
Kyrie / LeBron and the Cavs

then in the Finals

Curry / Klay and the Warriors
or
Westbrook / Durant and the Thunder.

My ideal playoffs is the Bulls facing 3 of those 4 teams. But that's just the competitor in me. "Favorable matchups" is for phagguts.

KirbyPls
02-18-2015, 01:59 AM
Co-sign. I don't want the easy way out. A true competitor wants to prove he's the best by beating the baddest, and the worst, the best of challenges out there. That's where TRUE championship mettle is bred. F-uck fear. You have to have heart to want to face things like that ...

I agree in principle, but it's laughable that Jordan stans are in here acting like any team during the six title runs were even closed to as stacked as the Bulls. Of course it's easier to say. "bring 'em on," when you have the best team and player as well. :lol

MJ is GOAT, settle down Swish! :pimp:

DaSeba5
02-18-2015, 02:00 AM

I want to see the Heat do that so badly.

SamuraiSWISH
02-18-2015, 02:15 AM
I agree in principle, but it's laughable that Jordan stans are in here acting like any team during the six title runs were even closed to as stacked as the Bulls.
Um, what?

'92 Blazers
'93 Knicks
'93 Suns
'95 Magic
'96 Magic
'96 Sonics
'97 Heat
'97 Jazz
'98 Pacers
'98 Jazz

Were all as talented, or more talented rosters. Beyond the fact Chicago had the best player in the game. The Bulls weren't always the most stacked team. Hell, they were flat out underdogs in 1993, and 1998.

Learn you history before you spout off at the mouth.

KirbyPls
02-18-2015, 02:25 AM
Um, what?

'92 Blazers
'93 Knicks
'93 Suns
'95 Magic
'96 Magic
'96 Sonics
'97 Heat
'97 Jazz
'98 Pacers
'98 Jazz

Were all as talented, or more talented rosters. Beyond the fact Chicago had the best player in the game. The Bulls weren't always the most stacked team. Hell, they were flat out underdogs in 1993, and 1998.

Learn you history before you spout off at the mouth.

Bulls always had the more complete team, talent be damned, largely in part because of MJ. Just rattling your cage homie. Ive read you in one post say LBJ is the second best player you've ever seen, and the next rain ruthless critique on him, which both perspectives can me true I know, but I'm just out for a little trolling. :lol I'm 34, and I saw MJ; he's the greatest player I've ever seen to this day, and I was never a fan. His legacy is secure.

RRR3
02-18-2015, 04:02 AM
Horrible logic. I want my team to win, I could care less how they do it. Why the **** would I care if they don't face "the toughest competition"? It's not like my "legacy as a fan will be damaged" :oldlol:
It's not being a "true competitor" either, you guys aren't on the team FFS.

Before any moron accuses me of not knowing what it's like to root for a team, I have been a STL Cardinals fan since I was 8 (pretty obsessive fan until around 2011)

RRR3
02-18-2015, 04:08 AM
One thing I do agree 100% with op on is the concept or revenge. If a team eliminated my team before then I damn sure want to have a rematch. I still am waiting for us to beat the Red Sox in a WS. Still butthurt from 04 (and 13).

JohnFreeman
02-18-2015, 04:23 AM
:lol

dunksby
02-18-2015, 05:11 AM
Jordan stans are the most insecure of the bunch, dude's custom title: "MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe"
And they are the first ones to say there is no comparison.

oarabbus
02-18-2015, 06:13 AM

OP just got destroyed :eek:

sportjames23
02-19-2015, 05:20 PM

This ****in bitchboy here. :facepalm

sportjames23
02-19-2015, 05:20 PM
OP just got destroyed :eek:

And bitchboy's stan here. :facepalm

sportjames23
02-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Jordan stans are the most insecure of the bunch, dude's custom title: "MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe"
And they are the first ones to say there is no comparison.

Um, fggt, am I wrong? Is MJ not >>>> Lebron KD & Kobe?

dunksby
02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Um, fggt, am I wrong? Is MJ not >>>> Lebron KD & Kobe?
Then don't get all worked up when people start comparing them to Jordan, I'm a KD fan and I don't think he is comparable to MJ yet. Now do us all a favor and go suck a dick you ass tickler *******.

oarabbus
02-19-2015, 05:29 PM
And bitchboy's stan here. :facepalm

Shut your bitch ass up and take the L little man

ArbitraryWater
02-19-2015, 05:30 PM

:oldlol:

Shut your bitch ass up and take the L little man