PDA

View Full Version : Would the Heat be a contender with Dragic(if healthy)

Joyner82reload
02-18-2015, 01:04 AM
He said his preferred destinations were the Lakers, Heat, Pacers, or Knicks.

How would the Heat stack up if healthy vs the rest of the east? Let's say the Heat trade Napier+Cole+McBob+future 1st for Dragic

Dragic/Chalmers
Wade/Ennis
Deng/Granger
Bosh/Haslem
Whiteside/Andersen

What seems like the potential best starting 5 in the East. Does that make the Heat contenders as it gets rid of their glaring weakness(pg) assuming Wade can stay on the court for 32~ mpg in the playoffs

SwishSquared
02-18-2015, 01:09 AM
Don't think they'd be contenders this year, as their bench would be fairly weak. It would make a potential Heat-Cavs series (2-7 match up) extremely entertaining though.

Also don't think that they'd have to give up *that* much to get him, if he forces his way to Heat. Honestly think at most they give up Cole + McRoberts + 2017 first rounder. They don't even have to include Cole to make the $$$ work.

CP343
02-18-2015, 01:09 AM
He would certainly improve them, but I'm not confident in them as a whole team based on what I've seen this season, and I'm not sure Dragic fixes chemistry issues.

BasedTom
02-18-2015, 01:10 AM
I don't think it makes them a true contender (the champion will be from the west) but it does salvage a season derailed by constant injury/abyssmal PG play

Cocaine80s
02-18-2015, 01:11 AM
What seems like the potential best starting 5 in the East.
:biggums:

Joyner82reload
02-18-2015, 01:14 AM
I don't think it makes them a true contender (the champion will be from the west) but it does salvage a season derailed by constant injury/abyssmal PG play

I don't think they would be a contender for the title, but a contender in the East. Obviously any team in the Finals has a punchers chance, but I'm speaking in terms of contending in the East in this hypothetical. But whoever comes out of the East will be a heavy underdog vs the West save maybe Cleveland if they really get their shit together(and I mean over a 40 game sample, not 1 month)

keep-itreal
02-18-2015, 01:18 AM
:roll:

Joyner82reload
02-18-2015, 01:27 AM
:biggums:

How many players in the East are better at their respective posisions than those 5?

Dragic
Irving
Teague
Lowry
Wall
Rose

Wade
Noone

Deng
LeBron
Melo(hurt)
Korver(more of a SG)

Bosh
Gasol

Whiteside
Noah
Horford
Gortat
Vucevic
Jefferson
Drummond

I'm not sure what's so funny. That starting lineup would be stacked(for the East)

DaSeba5
02-18-2015, 01:27 AM
We don't have the bench or the depth to compete, but we would give the good teams a tough series if healthy.

PJR
02-18-2015, 01:30 AM
Just don't have the depth. Could cause a first round upset for sure, though. Maybe get to the conference Finals, if Wade can have a vintage series.

Next year though? Once Riley can add depth via the exceptions? Oh yes.

Legends66NBA7
02-18-2015, 01:31 AM
Huge upgrade at PG, but they wouldn't contend. They are too fragile of a team and don't have enough bench pieces.

Would make the playoffs, though.

Dragic4Life
02-18-2015, 01:31 AM
Never gonna happen.

Heat doesn't deserve Dragic.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-18-2015, 01:32 AM
not close

Cocaine80s
02-18-2015, 01:36 AM
How many players in the East are better at their respective posisions than those 5?

Dragic
Irving
Teague
Lowry
Wall
Rose

Wade
Noone

Deng
LeBron
Melo(hurt)
Korver(more of a SG)

Bosh
Gasol

Whiteside
Noah
Horford
Gortat
Vucevic
Jefferson
Drummond

I'm not sure what's so funny. That starting lineup would be stacked(for the East)
Irving
Teague
Lowry
Wall

all>dragic

Derozan and Butler over Wade

Love, Gasol >bosh

Dragic4Life
02-18-2015, 01:47 AM
Irving
Teague
Lowry