PDA

View Full Version : Joel Embiid looking good

AI09
02-18-2015, 10:31 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8OdqsZUqYDk

That jumpshot is money :cheers:

AboutBuckets
02-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Great vid, thanks. I know this gets constantly said about him, but he really does have the fluidity of a SF with his shooting mechanic and general body coordination. I'm not a huge fan of them already stretching him out to the three point line, but in the middle of that footage where they have him taking top of the key/wing threes he really did look comfortable out there. Peoples' main criticism of our future frontcourt (Noel, Embiid) is that there won't be any spacing; if Embiid can carry this shot into game situations this could alleviate the problem

kshutts1
02-18-2015, 11:02 AM
He does look smooth, but he also missed a lot of easy, albeit smooth-looking, jumpers.

swagga
02-18-2015, 11:18 AM
He does look smooth, but he also missed a lot of easy, albeit smooth-looking, jumpers.

coming back from an injury, moving like that and hitting back2back2back from 3 on a smooth looking stroke is impressive. his mechanics are very nice, with work he's gonna be a threat on the J.

kshutts1
02-18-2015, 11:18 AM
coming back from an injury, moving like that and hitting back2back2back from 3 on a smooth looking stroke is impressive. his mechanics are very nice, with work he's gonna be a threat on the J.
Oh, ok. I'm a believer.

robert de niro
02-18-2015, 11:23 AM
that release looks pretty smooth

fiddy
02-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Noticed it as well, hopefully hes just not focused/distracted by something. Im really excited to see this guy play.

ImKobe
02-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Bricked a lot of close range jumpers, though his form did look solid, probably rusty as hell from not playing for a long period of time. He was money from long range, though. Looks like he's getting in shape as well.

He got that J on lock though, it's also why Davis is such an effective scorer and why he puts up 25 a game, he's going to get a lot of open mid-range J's and score a ton of points off them, his post moves looked solid, too.

AboutBuckets
02-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Yeah the rust aspect is gonna be there, and as long as he keeps making gradual improvement I'm fine with that. These past few weeks where he's been participating in team pre-game shootarounds is his first basketball in several months, and all of the big pieces are still there (form, motion). He just needs a little time to hone everything back in to where it was pre-surgery.

Also, there were rumor articles about him bloating up to 300 pounds Diaw-style. The footage shows that those rumors are false, which also leads me to believe that the articles about his supposed poor work ethic while he's been out are typical headline exaggeration

Burgz V2
02-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Yeah the rust aspect is gonna be there, and as long as he keeps making gradual improvement I'm fine with that. These past few weeks where he's been participating in team pre-game shootarounds is his first basketball in several months, and all of the big pieces are still there (form, motion). He just needs a little time to hone everything back in to where it was pre-surgery.

Also, there were rumor articles about him bloating up to 300 pounds Diaw-style. The footage shows that those rumors are false, which also leads me to believe that the articles about his supposed poor work ethic while he's been out are typical headline exaggeration

might not be 300 lbs but looks noticeably bigger since the draft. Not sure why he got so big, his quickness and agility are what make him such an intriguing prospect. Maybe he's just out of shape, but if he intentionally is trying to blow up like that, then makes little sense considering the nature of his previous injuries. Should be trying to keep as much weight off his body if he's had a back injury in the not so distant past.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure how many of you guys here are from Philly but I can give you a little bit of info. About two weeks ago at the end of practice (unguarded) he made 48 of 60 three pointers (83% this was reported on 610 sports radio). Now, normally great 3 point shooters will make an even higher % than that in practice but for a legit seven footer who has actual size and isn't a bean pole that's really good.

I was at the game against the Warriors and he was out there just cranking out 3s and they looked good. There were several times where he made more than four in a row. I'm pretty sure that Brett Brown called him the best shooter or the second best shooter on the team.

What does this mean? It means nothing if his foot never heals right but it sure is promising

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 01:28 PM

Yeah this rumor was totally false and his weight was reported as 275 max. He doesn't look that fat he just looks bigger but he also looks bigger in terms of muscle. When the only think a guy can do is swim or run on an Alter G, you can't expect him to look ripped while rehabbing.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 01:37 PM
might not be 300 lbs but looks noticeably bigger since the draft. Not sure why he got so big, his quickness and agility are what make him such an intriguing prospect. Maybe he's just out of shape, but if he intentionally is trying to blow up like that, then makes little sense considering the nature of his previous injuries. Should be trying to keep as much weight off his body if he's had a back injury in the not so distant past.
His skill and upside also make him an intriguing prospect. He can shoot and he has real size, not just length he actually has strength. If you think that he looks considerably overweight in that video you're fooling yourself. Is he heavier than before? Yeah of course but his arms look big and like he's added muscle. As I said before, the only thing that he's been able to do is run on an Alter G and maybe swim ( i can't remember there were two very low impact things he can do). The reports of him being 300lbs were totally false. If you think that a 19 year old kid who gets hurt twice in a short period of time and whose brother dies unexpectedly is going to be picture perfect all through his rehab then you're not being realistic. I'm not sure how many back injuries or foot injuries you've had but if you think running on an Alter G is a blast then go for it. I'm a runner and I don't like it that much. Having to unzip that stupid inner tube thing to take a piss is a hassle and in general it's much more annoying than a normal treadmill. People who think that kids who get a lot of money will all of a sudden start acting like adults are fooling themselves. He's a kid, give him some time.

Pointguard
02-18-2015, 03:45 PM
I wonder if he plays this year. Any word on that? Since I'm on record of saying he's going to be a Hakeem/Duncan Hybrid with even an added dimension, its just good seeing him play. He's going to be a beast. It will take a year before he can battle AD but it will be interesting within two years which is great. Philly needs a pure shooter.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 03:48 PM
I wonder if he plays this year. Any word on that? Since I'm on record of saying he's going to be a Hakeem/Duncan Hybrid with even an added dimension, its just good seeing him play. He's going to be a beast. It will take a year before he can battle AD but it will be interesting within two years which is great. Philly needs a pure shooter.
I want to be honest, based on everything that Hinkie and Brett Brown have said, I doubt that he will play this year. There's no real reason to risk it. I have assumed the whole time that they'll approach this the way they approached Noel which is sit him the whole year even once he's healthy. They have no shot of getting to the playoffs or anything like that so might as well be conservative. So I think that there is virtually no chance he's back this year. I would say 10% at best.

Pointguard
02-18-2015, 04:02 PM
I want to be honest, based on everything that Hinkie and Brett Brown have said, I doubt that he will play this year. There's no real reason to risk it. I have assumed the whole time that they'll approach this the way they approached Noel which is sit him the whole year even once he's healthy. They have no shot of getting to the playoffs or anything like that so might as well be conservative. So I think that there is virtually no chance he's back this year. I would say 10% at best.

Yes, I'm with that thinking. Some exposure could help in what he can expect with him being a player who is new to playing but better safe than anything. Bottom line there aren't enough good centers to get a lot of learning in. Next year, Oak44 will be in the mix, and the center position will be looking good again right away. And within in a year later, the two who battled for rookie of the year, will be the best post players in the league - yeah, moving out DH, Al and DMC that early.

Ca$H
02-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Great vid, thanks. I know this gets constantly said about him, but he really does have the fluidity of a SF with his shooting mechanic and general body coordination. I'm not a huge fan of them already stretching him out to the three point line, but in the middle of that footage where they have him taking top of the key/wing threes he really did look comfortable out there. Peoples' main criticism of our future frontcourt (Noel, Embiid) is that there won't be any spacing; if Embiid can carry this shot into game situations this could alleviate the problem

I applaud you for being the 1st Embiid stan. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the Bran and Kobe stans

GOBB
02-18-2015, 06:33 PM
The fact he can shoot is why I would take him over Okafor. There was a topic where if you could choose Okafor or Embiid who would you pick. Some picked Okafor because of Embiid injury and fear it may occur again. I rather go with the big man that can "potentially" be a real good face up scorer.

The guy Embiid worked out with is Sean Rooks, anyone remember him? You guys are young so maybe not.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 06:55 PM
The fact he can shoot is why I would take him over Okafor. There was a topic where if you could choose Okafor or Embiid who would you pick. Some picked Okafor because of Embiid injury and fear it may occur again. I rather go with the big man that can "potentially" be a real good face up scorer.

The guy Embiid worked out with is Sean Rooks, anyone remember him? You guys are young so maybe not.
If Embiid is healthy I'll take him all day every day over Okafor.

You know I know who Sean Rooks is haha. Their old big man coach was Greg Foster but he went to Milwaukee just before the season started.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Yes, I'm with that thinking. Some exposure could help in what he can expect with him being a player who is new to playing but better safe than anything. Bottom line there aren't enough good centers to get a lot of learning in. Next year, Oak44 will be in the mix, and the center position will be looking good again right away. And within in a year later, the two who battled for rookie of the year, will be the best post players in the league - yeah, moving out DH, Al and DMC that early.
Honestly, I think that just being around a team for a season and banging even one on one or three on three is enough exposure to give him an idea of what to expect. I honestly can't think of one reason why I would play him this year. I assume that he will play summer league but they may even be cautious with his minutes there. Hopefully my friend is back on their summer league squad this coming year and he gets to play against Embiid instead of Noel in practice every day although I assume Noel and Embiid will be guarding each other.

GOBB
02-18-2015, 06:59 PM
If Embiid is healthy I'll take him all day every day over Okafor.

You know I know who Sean Rooks is haha. Their old big man coach was Greg Foster but he went to Milwaukee just before the season started.

Yeah I remember Greg Foster was their old big man coach. He was a solid pro as well. It's kind of cool to see those journeymen players find their ways in the coaching ranks.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Yeah I remember Greg Foster was their old big man coach. He was a solid pro as well. It's kind of cool to see those journeymen players find their ways in the coaching ranks.
More often than not, it's the journeymen who become coaches. The NBA sidelines are riddled with dudes like him. I know Doug Overton and he was a Nets assistant before Kidd and then he was the head coach of their D League affiliate last year and this year he's just chillin. Talk about a journeyman, I think Doug played for about 10 teams haha.

KNOW1EDGE
02-18-2015, 07:09 PM
H3 should not play this year.

I absolutely love his persona and his game.

He has potential to be a top 5 center NEXT YEAR. And potential to be the best center in the game within a few years.

I really hope he can stay healthy and hopefully he leaves Philly ASAP

TheMilkyBarKid
02-18-2015, 07:32 PM
That hook at 2:10ish is very pretty.
Thinking about the potential a noel/embiid frontcourt is ridiculous.

GOBB
02-18-2015, 07:33 PM
More often than not, it's the journeymen who become coaches. The NBA sidelines are riddled with dudes like him. I know Doug Overton and he was a Nets assistant before Kidd and then he was the head coach of their D League affiliate last year and this year he's just chillin. Talk about a journeyman, I think Doug played for about 10 teams haha.

Oh shit Doug Overton :oldlol: Had no idea he was in D League coaching.

H3 should not play this year.

I absolutely love his persona and his game.

He has potential to be a top 5 center NEXT YEAR. And potential to be the best center in the game within a few years.

I really hope he can stay healthy and hopefully he leaves Philly ASAP

Let's pump the breaks sir.

Sportal
02-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Personally, I cannot wait. There's some talented center/forwards coming. The next two drafts will hopefully produce star/superstar level guys.

Just next year's ROTY campaign alone will have Embiid, Okafor, Towns, WCS etc.

Anyway, who do you guys think the 76ers will pick?

KNOW1EDGE
02-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Why pump the breaks though?
There are only like 4 good centers in the NBA right now.

If he comes out next year and plays like he is capable of playing, he will be top 5 IMO. I'm talmbout TRUE centers, not power forwards who play center.

DeMarcus Cousins
Dwight Howard
?
?
Joel Embiid
Brooke Lopez
DeAndre Jordan
Rudy Gobert

Center is prob the weakest position in the NBA right now IMO

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2015, 07:44 PM

If he comes out next year and plays like he is capable of playing, he will be top 5 IMO. I'm talmbout TRUE centers, not power forwards who play center.

DeMarcus Cousins
Dwight Howard
?
?
Joel Embiid
Brooke Lopez
DeAndre Jordan
Rudy Gobert

You forgot Mozgod.

https://media.giphy.com/media/lXiRzWUDFmcxbkKqc/giphy.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/hksjf.gif

I will gladly take a seat at the head of the Mozgov Stan table. Guy is a beast. :rockon:

Back to OP:

Embiid was easily the best prospect in this class and, had he not been injured, I would have broken things if he was traded in the Love deal. This video did nothing to sway me from my belief in his game. FML :facepalm

GOBB
02-18-2015, 08:05 PM

DeMarcus Cousins
Dwight Howard
?
?
Joel Embiid
Brooke Lopez
DeAndre Jordan
Rudy Gobert

He hasn't played basketball since March 1st 2014. He hasn't played basketball in general very long. The hype around him is his potential. He showed a nice skillset as a big man but has lots of room for improving and developing his game. Like he has a nice form/release but he hasn't shown he can consistently shoot that shot in various situations. Same with low post moves. Showed good footwork, moves but not enough that anyone is confident he can execute it often in the NBA. The most Embiid has done since injuring himself was what we seen in this video.

And you think he has the potential despite all of this to be a top 5 center next season over guys who actually put in time, work? Vucevic is 19 and 12. That didn't happen his first season. Is Embiid going to even play enough minutes to be a top 5 center? Foul trouble? Fatigue?

Just too many question marks to safely assume he could do what you claim i'm sorry.

You also left out Marc Gasol.

KNOW1EDGE
02-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Word.

Cousins
Gasol
Howard
Vucevic

And then that 5 spot is up for grabs.

But u rite, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
As a Blazer fan, I was ready to announce Greg Oden as the future best center in the game. And we all know how that turned out.

But if Joel can stay healthy, watch out. He's gonna be great.

Human Error
02-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Attempted 14 3-pointers from top and swished 12 of them. :applause:

Yet tons of ISH posters think they are better shooters than average NBA big men. :facepalm

Human Error
02-18-2015, 08:41 PM

DeMarcus Cousins
Dwight Howard
?
?
Joel Embiid
Brooke Lopez
DeAndre Jordan
Rudy Gobert

If you are to throw in Lopez and Gobert, Whiteside needs to be mentioned.

oarabbus
02-18-2015, 09:17 PM

Not even a question. Okafor is 6'10". Good size. Embiid is a legit 7'er with potential through the rough.

I'm not trying to draw any playstyle similarities, but Okafor can be as good as Peak Dwight. Embiid can be even better than that.

Ariza4three
02-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Not even a question. Okafor is 6'10". Good size. Embiid is a legit 7'er with potential through the rough.

I'm not trying to draw any playstyle similarities, but Okafor can be as good as Peak Dwight. Embiid can be even better than that.
that isn't a good comparison for okafor
dwight is one of the GOAT defenders and one of the most athletic players of this era. okafor is a terrible defender and doesn't even have 1/4 of the athleticism.

RightTwoCensor
02-18-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm so ****ing excited for this dude! UGHHH! Can next season start already!

I can't believe Philly has been hiding this dude under our noses for the past three months. They are grooming this dude to be a monster when he makes his debut. Words can't describe how hyped I'll be to see his first game.

This dude is transcending eras with the way he's able to score. This man is getting an early head start that upcoming rookies don't have and that's experience with the pace of the NBA.

Sam Hinkie is a genius, forgot all this bull about tanking, trading veterans, and ignoring injury when it comes to prospects. He's proving the doubters wrong, Joel Embiid is gonna dominate the game his rookie season. It's gonna get to the point where he's the most unguardable center the game has, he can post, shoot, play above the rim, the whole platoon.

Philly FO members are gonna have a blast building around this guy. People are undervaluing the talent the Sixers have:

Michael Carter-Williams: Jason Kidd-like PG that needs guidance from a legendary mentor that can help him find a skill-set that bests compliments his size.

Tony Wroten: I don't see him and MCW having a future together in Philly, but that's only because neither are off-ball threats. Wroten has skills similar to Tyreke Evans. He's a 18-5-5 nightmare waiting to happen, but his mental need to shoot pull up 3s kills whatever damage he could do on offense.

Nerlens Noel: Everyone know what he can do, he's not going anywhere.

Robert Covington: This dude was cut by Houston months ago and now is Philly's best offensive weapon, that's INSANE. He's doing nothing but shooting three pointers, THAT'S IT. He's got other teams changing their gameplan just to adjust to defend against the Sixers (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=42282159#p42282159).

Jerami Grant: Energy Forward, every team could use one. Guys like Grant change the pace and momentum of games with a simple dunk.

K.J. McDaniels: This kid came into the league as the prototype 3-and-D player. He's leading ALL rookies in BPG, he'll be in the league for a nice while.

This team has two 1st round picks in this upcoming draft to add more player with high value. I don't think this team is looking to keep all these guys, there looking for their franchise star and when they do their gonna go all in on him just to give him weapons that'll make his game that much better.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 10:03 PM
I'm so ****ing excited for this dude! UGHHH! Can next season start already!

I can't believe Philly has been hiding this dude under our noses for the past three months. They are grooming this dude to be a monster when he makes his debut. Words can't describe how hyped I'll be to see his first game.

This dude is transcending eras with the way he's able to score. This man is getting an early head start that upcoming rookies don't have and that's experience with the pace of the NBA.

Sam Hinkie is a genius, forgot all this bull about tanking, trading veterans, and ignoring injury when it comes to prospects. He's proving the doubters wrong, Joel Embiid is gonna dominate the game his rookie season. It's gonna get to the point where he's the most unguardable center the game has, he can post, shoot, play above the rim, the whole platoon.

Philly FO members are gonna have a blast building around this guy. People are undervaluing the talent the Sixers have:

Michael Carter-Williams: Jason Kidd-like PG that needs guidance from a legendary mentor that can help him find a skill-set that bests compliments his size.

Tony Wroten: I don't see him and MCW having a future together in Philly, but that's only because neither are off-ball threats. Wroten has skills similar to Tyreke Evans. He's a 18-5-5 nightmare waiting to happen, but his mental need to shoot pull up 3s kills whatever damage he could do on offense.

Nerlens Noel: Everyone know what he can do, he's not going anywhere.

Robert Covington: This dude was cut by Houston months ago and now is Philly's best offensive weapon, that's INSANE. He's doing nothing but shooting three pointers, THAT'S IT. He's got other teams changing their gameplan just to adjust to defend against the Sixers (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=42282159#p42282159).

Jerami Grant: Energy Forward, every team could use one. Guys like Grant change the pace and momentum of games with a simple dunk.

K.J. McDaniels: This kid came into the league as the prototype 3-and-D player. He's leading ALL rookies in BPG, he'll be in the league for a nice while.

This team has two 1st round picks in this upcoming draft to add more player with high value. I don't think this team is looking to keep all these guys, there looking for their franchise star and when they do their gonna go all in on him just to give him weapons that'll make his game that much better.
There are literally no similarities between MCW and Jason Kidd. None. MCW is tall and long with a 41" vert. The only similarities are that neither of them could shoot. Don't get it twisted, McDaniels and Grant would be lucky to be 7-8 guys on a decent team. I'm totally down w what Hinkie is doing but the only guys on the team who are starters in the league are MCW, Noel and Embiid.

GOBB
02-18-2015, 10:14 PM
KJ McDaniels outside of blocking shots (pretty damn good at it) and dunks really hasn't done much. His ball handling is weak, he's not much of a play maker and not that good of a shooter especially from 3.

The fact Covington is our best offensive weapon as you stated just reveals how BAD we are on offense.

Don't go hyping up guys who will mainly be role players off the bench for good teams.

There are literally no similarities between MCW and Jason Kidd. None. MCW is tall and long with a 41" vert. The only similarities are that neither of them could shoot. Don't get it twisted, McDaniels and Grant would be lucky to be 7-8 guys on a decent team. I'm totally down w what Hinkie is doing but the only guys on the team who are starters in the league are MCW, Noel and Embiid.

Disagree, they are both lightskin :lol Agree with post tho.

RightTwoCensor
02-18-2015, 10:17 PM
MCW and Jason Kidd were big for their position, they are both able to see over defenses in ways your average sized PG wouldn't be able to do. With that size they both used it to become great rebounders, Jason Kidd is 3rd All-Time in Triple Doubles while MCW is averaging 6.2 RPG (only Rondo and Westbrook are the only GUARDS ahead of him in that statistic, let alone have 6 boards per game).

The main difference in the two is that Jason Kidd is a born passing PG, his BBIQ was off the charts during his prime. Carter-Williams has a ways to go to get even 3/4 of that IQ, but I believe if he paired with some of the games' greatest minds he can get a better feel for being a distributor and controlling the pace of a game.

IGOTGAME
02-18-2015, 10:20 PM
MCW and Jason Kidd were big for their position, they are both able to see over defenses in ways your average sized PG wouldn't be able to do. With that size they both used it to become great rebounders, Jason Kidd is 3rd All-Time in Triple Doubles while MCW is averaging 6.2 RPG (only Rondo and Westbrook are the only GUARDS ahead of him in that statistic, let alone have 6 boards per game).

The main difference in the two is that Jason Kidd is a born passing PG, his BBIQ was off the charts during his prime. Carter-Williams has a ways to go to get even 3/4 of that IQ, but I believe if he paired with some of the games' greatest minds he can get a better feel for being a distributor and controlling the pace of a game.

You don't learn how to pass like JKidd. no amonut of studying and practice would even get him close, you either got it or you don't. People with great vision demonstrate it at a young age. Look at Rubio for example, he was doing it since he was a kid.

RightTwoCensor
02-18-2015, 10:29 PM
KJ McDaniels outside of blocking shots (pretty damn good at it) and dunks really hasn't done much. His ball handling is weak, he's not much of a play maker and not that good of a shooter especially from 3.

The first month of the season he was at the top of the charts of being Rookie of the Year. He can recreate that run he had and make that a staple of his game.

Right now he's being asked to do more than he would if his team had an actual gameplan to win.

The fact Covington is our best offensive weapon as you stated just reveals how BAD we are on offense.

Don't go hyping up guys who will mainly be role players off the bench for good teams.

That's the point I'm making. You guys have NBA Ready role players at your disposal to either trade or let them ride with whoever is the next franchise player for Philly (whether it is Embiid or someone coming in the future). I think with how weak the East is, if you guys wanted to make the playoffs next season you could make some moves with some your prospects and make a some changes in the coaching staff. Not that big of a reach considering how bad your division is outside of Toronto.

Pointguard
02-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Honestly, I think that just being around a team for a season and banging even one on one or three on three is enough exposure to give him an idea of what to expect. I honestly can't think of one reason why I would play him this year. I assume that he will play summer league but they may even be cautious with his minutes there. Hopefully my friend is back on their summer league squad this coming year and he gets to play against Embiid instead of Noel in practice every day although I assume Noel and Embiid will be guarding each other.
Who is your friend????

RightTwoCensor
02-18-2015, 10:39 PM
You don't learn how to pass like JKidd. no amonut of studying and practice would even get him close, you either got it or you don't. People with great vision demonstrate it at a young age. Look at Rubio for example, he was doing it since he was a kid.
Michael Carter Williams is averaging 7.2 APG, for one.

MCW can pass, and used his size to his advantage. He doesn't need to thread the needle in every play, or even a behind the back on the fastbreak, he just needs to learn to control the pace of the game in his team's favor. Once he learns how his coaching staff wants him to play he needs to be able to be that on court coach that makes plays for his teammates. Of course, you can't judge him right now because his team isn't in the mindset to win every game.

IGOTGAME
02-18-2015, 10:42 PM
Michael Carter Williams is averaging 7.2 APG, for one.

MCW can pass, and used his size to his advantage. He doesn't need to thread the needle in every play, or even a behind the back on the fastbreak, he just needs to learn to control the pace of the game in his team's favor. Once he learns how his coaching staff wants him to play he needs to be able to be that on court coach that makes plays for his teammates. Of course, you can't judge him right now because his team isn't in the mindset to win every game.

I don't care what his assist numbers are. He does not have elite court vision or passing ability. I can judge him from Syracuse or from Philly...he has nothing in common with Kidd as a passer. You don't learn how to play like JKidd, either you got it or you don't. Its nothing about threading the needle or behind the backs...its about seeing 2 or 3 passes ahead of the play and manipulating the defense accordingly. He doesn't have that and he never will...

The_Yearning
02-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Reminds me a lot of Jermaine O'Neal.

Pointguard
02-18-2015, 10:50 PM

Embiid will be a complete center. Better defensively, stronger in the post and more traditional. Oak will be crazy resourceful in the post, and has a chance of being more deadly there - tho I think both will be exceptional in the deep post. Both will be very good rebounders and great decision makers in the post. I think Embiid in general is the better player, but in a good situation Oak has a chance to be as good offensively.

RightTwoCensor
02-18-2015, 11:05 PM
I don't care what his assist numbers are. He does not have elite court vision or passing ability. I can judge him from Syracuse or from Philly...he has nothing in common with Kidd as a passer. You don't learn how to play like JKidd, either you got it or you don't. Its nothing about threading the needle or behind the backs...its about seeing 2 or 3 passes ahead of the play and manipulating the defense accordingly. He doesn't have that and he never will...
-I'm watching his highlights vs. Minnesota when he racked up a Triple Double:

He continuously shows the ability to drive and command attention, then be able to find angles to get Noel the ball, average PGs can't do that.

He showed the ability to perfectly time when to pass during the fastbreak when a defender is in the way.

-I'm watching his highlights vs. Dallas when he racked up another Triple Double:

He sank his defender and Tyson Chandler to the basket then passed it back to the perimeter where his teammate got an easy drive and layin.

Did something similar to the one above but MCW did it out of the post instead of a drive.

I could watch more games, but I realized that you think that I think MCW is the next Jason Kidd. Dude, I said he's Jason Kidd-lite (which is a nice way of saying he's a poor man's Jason Kidd). MCW is gonna be good because he has size like Kidd and can make passes the average PG can't , not because he has the all out PG talent that Kidd has.

IGOTGAME
02-18-2015, 11:10 PM
-I'm watching his highlights vs. Minnesota when he racked up a Triple Double:

He continuously shows the ability to drive and command attention, then be able to find angles to get Noel the ball, average PGs can't do that.

He showed the ability to perfectly time when to pass during the fastbreak when a defender is in the way.

-I'm watching his highlights vs. Dallas when he racked up another Triple Double:

He sank his defender and Tyson Chandler to the basket then passed it back to the perimeter where his teammate got an easy drive and layin.

Did something similar to the one above but MCW did it out of the post instead of a drive.

I could watch more games, but I realized that you think that I think MCW is the next Jason Kidd. Dude, I said he's Jason Kidd-lite (which is a nice way of saying he's a poor man's Jason Kidd). MCW is gonna be good because he has size like Kidd and can make passes the average PG can't , not because he has the all out PG talent that Kidd has.

He isn't Jason Kidd-lite. He is NOTHING like Jason Kidd. Pick a different player bc the comparison is stupid. They play the game totally different. Rubio is Jason Kidd-lite.

Dr.J4ever
02-19-2015, 01:50 AM
He isn't Jason Kidd-lite. He is NOTHING like Jason Kidd. Pick a different player bc the comparison is stupid. They play the game totally different. Rubio is Jason Kidd-lite.

Well, he is at least Jason Kidd-like in terms of the all around game he brings for a team, especially coming from the PG position. He can rebound exceptionally well, he penetrates at will, he has good assist numbers(too many turnovers though), has better athleticism than Kidd, he can play good defense with length just like Kidd, and regularly flirts with triple doubles.

He brings an all around game reminiscent of Jason Kidd, but not necessarily limited to that comparison.

However, he is no match to what Kidd was particularly known for, which is great vision with the basketball. I won't say MCW will ever be as good as Kidd in this area, but MCW is averaging 7apg on a team with D-league level scorers. What would he do when he has actual NBA scorers to pass to?

RightTwoCensor
02-19-2015, 02:36 AM
I'm just dumbfounded. I really don't know how to explain this any simpler.

Michael Carter-Williams is TALL. T A L L, TALL.
Jason Kidd is TALL. T A L L, TALL.
Magic Johnson is TALL. T A L L, TALL.

They all can SEE (S E E, SEE) OVER (O V E R, OVER) defenses.

THAT'S IT. NOTHING ELSE. NOTHING OTHER THAN THAT IS SIMILAR ON THEIR GAMES.

Can't put it into similar terms.

Richesly
02-19-2015, 02:37 AM
Is he good? Can kentucky get him?

305Baller
02-19-2015, 02:37 AM
Stop lying. He looks terrible.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm just dumbfounded. I really don't know how to explain this any simpler.

Michael Carter-Williams is TALL. T A L L, TALL.
Jason Kidd is TALL. T A L L, TALL.
Magic Johnson is TALL. T A L L, TALL.

They all can SEE (S E E, SEE) OVER (O V E R, OVER) defenses.

THAT'S IT. NOTHING ELSE. NOTHING OTHER THAN THAT IS SIMILAR ON THEIR GAMES.

Can't put it into similar terms.
Kidd is 6' 2.5" barefoot MCW is 6' 4.75" barefoot. Kidd is not TALL T A L L TALL even for his position. MCW is tall for a PG Kidd is not.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 09:40 AM

Disagree, they are both lightskin :lol Agree with post tho.
:roll:

RightTwoCensor
02-19-2015, 04:47 PM
SAY SOMETHING NOW MOTHER****ER!

MCW IS NOW WITH KIDD, WATCH HIM BECOME AN ALL-STAR!

I STAY WINNING ALL DAY ERR DAY!

Hold this W, RTC.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 04:49 PM
SAY SOMETHING NOW MOTHER****ER!

MCW IS NOW WITH KIDD, WATCH HIM BECOME AN ALL-STAR!

I STAY WINNING ALL DAY ERR DAY!

Hold this W, RTC.
I'll say it. Take his turnovers and shitty FG% and I'll take my two first rounders and stay winning. There's no one in the league who would take MCW over Russell or Mudiay. So you stay winning pal.

RightTwoCensor
02-19-2015, 05:47 PM
Michael Cater-Willams has weapons in the half court to show of how great he can be.

Someone as raw as MCW should never be the best player on his team.

I'm predicting 16/8/6/2 for the rest of the year. AST/TO ratio will be on the level of any other All-Star PG.