PDA

View Full Version : Larry Sanders' buyout announcement to be made today per ESPN

RightTwoCensor
02-18-2015, 12:23 PM
ESPN sources say that Milwaukee's buyout of big man Larry Sanders is all but done and sides' parting is soon to be made official

King James bouta cop some new talent

ImKobe
02-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Bran needs more help.

CP343
02-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Sanders is a POC if he joins another team. If you don't feel basketball anymore, retire.

ImKobe
02-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Sanders is a POC if he joins another team. If you don't feel basketball anymore, retire.

I bet it's just bullshit and he's doing this to get out of Milwaukee.

hawkfan
02-18-2015, 12:39 PM
He should join Atlanta.
Coach Bud will help him on offense.

Droid101
02-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Best defender in the league two years ago. Now this.

wtf

I guess if you pout a bunch, you can go to any team you want any time.

CP343
02-18-2015, 12:42 PM
I bet it's just bullshit and he's doing this to get out of Milwaukee.

Yeah, my thoughts as well. Maybe he'll be a Clipper and be DJ's backup :rockon:

kenny817
02-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Mavs interested

Ca$H
02-18-2015, 01:02 PM
I hope that male prostitute beta slut Bran doesn't get him.

Ca$H
02-18-2015, 01:03 PM
Warriors need to get him as insurance for Bogut.

kurple
02-18-2015, 01:13 PM
lol, why would sanders join another team?

dude doesnt like basketball. he is done in this league ala Bynum

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 01:20 PM

I'm not really sure why everyone is so hell bent on saying he doesn't like basketball anymore just because it was "reported" as a rumor. I don't know if he does or he doesn't but I certainly take everything about this whole situation with a grain of salt. Give it some time and let the man speak and then form an opinion. Remember the reports about Jason Richardson or Barbosa being the father of Nash's twins? It's bullshit. Maybe this is bullshit maybe it isn't. Everyon seems to ignore that in all the reports now it says "Sanders wants to resume his career and is not done with basketball." Also, the Bucks are playing fine without him and he's giving back a fortune in the buyout and they are using the stretch provision on his contract. Their cap hit is a little over $2 million per year. Everyone needs to take a breath and see what's real and what isn't once the dust settles.

BTW Bynum may or may not have liked basketball and I suspect that he didn't. He was however an effective player when healthy. The reason Bynum isn't in the league isn't because he hates basketball it's because he is physically unable to play. His knees (yes both of them) are spent and they are bone on bone. There's no coming back from that whether you love or hate the sport.

BurningHammer
02-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Come smoke weeds in Canada, Larry. :cheers:

IncarceratedBob
02-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Thing is rumors are saying he's clean and his suspension could be lifted in a week or two. He's gonna be a big time acquisition for a contender

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Lakers need to get on this. Sign him and let him sit out the rest of this season so he can get his sht together.

fpliii
02-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Lakers need to get on this. Sign him and let him sit out the rest of this season so he can get his sht together.
Agree 100%. Low risk high reward move of we can pull it off.

COnDEMnED
02-18-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm ok with this. No playing for the rest of this season is a must though. We need to dump Hill somewhere if this happens. Perhaps Brooklyn...

ImKobe
02-18-2015, 03:27 PM

Not buying it until he seriously retires.

And Bynum had some love for the game, dude just got tired of playing through all that pain and the rehab that came with it.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Thing is rumors are saying he's clean and his suspension could be lifted in a week or two. He's gonna be a big time acquisition for a contender
His suspension is lifted. It was 10 games and he served it. He just hasn't reported back to the team since then and it hasn't been made public as to why that is.

qrich
02-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Trade DJ, sign Sanders!

DukeDelonte13
02-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Not buying it until he seriously retires.

And Bynum had some love for the game, dude just got tired of playing through all that pain and the rehab that came with it.

Bynum was often quoted as saying stuff like he wants to be able to walk around like a normal adult after he is done with basketball. He literally has the knees of 60+ year old man. There's no cushion there anymore. He's had failed treatments that actually caused more damage.

A lot of people compare his situation to Sanders' which is wrong. Both are headcases, but Larry is at least a physically healthy head case.

I am very curious to see where he winds up.

kentatm
02-18-2015, 04:09 PM
His suspension is lifted. It was 10 games and he served it. He just hasn't reported back to the team since then and it hasn't been made public as to why that is.

Probably :mad: :mad: :mad: that his alcoholic head coach has received far less punishment for way worse offenses while management calls him out as a lazy pothead.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Exactly, Bynum would still be cashing checks if it were up to him.

Hey Yo
02-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 30 minutes ago
Sources:
Once Larry Sanders buyout is complete with Milwaukee, there's presently no plan for him to sign elsewhere in NBA this season.

Milbuck
02-18-2015, 04:51 PM
I don't know why anyone thinks he'd be magically ready to come back and tear up the league after the buyout...I get the "Milwaukee sucks" narrative is fun, but the reality is Sanders is just a troubled dude. I see zero chance he legitimately helps a team win games this year. If a team gets him, it should be to let him work out his problems in the offseason and contribute next season.

bigkingsfan
02-18-2015, 05:00 PM
There should be some early termination rules for this kind of shit, NBA contracts will always be a joke.

DMV2
02-18-2015, 06:25 PM
Another no work ethics piece of shit player.

Waaa waaa :cry: I cant play ball cuz I'm on drugs.

chocolatethunder
02-18-2015, 07:02 PM

I'm not sticking up for Sanders but just because you make millions of dollars doesn't mean that life doesn't happen to you. Who knows maybe he suffers from depression or he's bipolar or who knows but it doesn't mean he has no worth ethic. Some things are bigger than your job. Maybe he is a piece of shit I have no idea but there's not enough to go on here.

BigMacAttack
02-18-2015, 07:21 PM
Probably :mad: :mad: :mad: that his alcoholic head coach has received far less punishment for way worse offenses while management calls him out as a lazy pothead.

The guy gets suspended for smoking weed and then doesnt come back to training after his suspension and this is the bucks fault? lol ish logic.

Why are the Bucks even offering a buyout? Just hold Sanders to his contract and they will get out of it eventually. He is a pothead thug, he would of f*cked up again.

Milbuck
02-18-2015, 07:26 PM

You don't know his story. Neither do I, or any of us for that matter. But from all the reports I've read, there's way more to this than what you're trying to simplify it into.

I will agree that the contract/buyout situation is bullshit though. Dude should just retire.

SwishSquared
02-18-2015, 07:27 PM
The guy gets suspended for smoking weed and then doesnt come back to training after his suspension and this is the bucks fault? lol ish logic.

Why are the Bucks even offering a buyout? Just hold Sanders to his contract and they will get out of it eventually. He is a pothead thug, he would of f*cked up again.
He gave up $21M guaranteed in the buyout. They saved money and after using stretch provision, the cap hit is <$3M per year until 2021 or something.

Droid101
02-18-2015, 07:34 PM
He gave up $21M guaranteed in the buyout.
What! Nobody ever buys out for that cheap. I want to see a source for that.

SwishSquared
02-18-2015, 10:03 PM
What! Nobody ever buys out for that cheap. I want to see a source for that.
"Steve KylerVerified account ‏@stevekylerNBA

Hearing Larry Sanders is leaving more than $20 million the table in buyout with Bucks. Earned almost $8m this year. Getting $15m more."

He's had a bunch of tweets about this, but this was one that I found. He had $36M remaining on contract, got ~$15M in buyout.

plowking
02-18-2015, 10:14 PM
So why does he get any of the money?

He is, and has been unable to perform his job like stated in the contract. Should get nothing.

Batzboy
02-18-2015, 10:17 PM
So why does he get any of the money?

He is, and has been unable to perform his job like stated in the contract. Should get nothing.
In comes the concept of "buyout". :confusedshrug: