PDA

View Full Version : Lakers suck, yet getting almost double TV ratings than Clippers

Hey Yo
02-18-2015, 09:37 PM
"Nielsen ratings for the Lakers in the Los Angeles market are at an all-time low, dipping below a 2.00 rating for the first time, according to the ratings firm.

The Lakers' 1.95 rating on Time Warner Cable SportsNet is down 25% from this point last season and puts the team on pace to break the record low 2.11 figure it posted for the 2013-14 season.

The Clippers are averaging a 1.10 rating on Prime Ticket, a drop of 13% from the same point last season. The ratings gap between the Lakers and Clippers is the lowest on record.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-clippers-ratings-20150218-story.html

buddha
02-18-2015, 09:56 PM
if the Lakers don't get better soon the Clippers will pass them in popularity.

the younger LA crowd is already majority clipper fans.

dubeta
02-18-2015, 09:58 PM
So last season, Kobe plays 6 games, this season, he plays half the season, and Lakers T.V ratings actually go down

There goes the myth that Kobe is box office and attracts people

Why is he getting paid $25 million again?

christian1923
02-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Well they have like 15 times more fans then the clippers

Hey Yo
02-18-2015, 10:06 PM
But Clipps have been contenders the last 3yrs while the Lake show is nowhere to be found.

Would have thought Clipps would be getting the higher TV ratings.

niko
02-18-2015, 10:15 PM
The Knicks crap all over the Nets ratings. People watch their favorite team. The Lakers have tons more fans than the Clippers. It's just how it is. Unless it tranlsates to wins who cares...

gts
02-18-2015, 11:26 PM

the younger LA crowd is already majority clipper fans.:lol people have been saying this for the last 4 years and the gap just keeps getting wider in favor of the Lakers

OH we got CP3, lob city etc etc etc and the gap gets a little wider

Clippers have a loyal fan base but it's small nd when they keep getting botted out of the playoffs new fans lose interest.. Last report I read they rank 4th in the LA sports scene behind the Lakers, Dodgers, Kings then the Clippers, if USC is doing well they fall behind the Trojans to 5th

RoundMoundOfReb
02-18-2015, 11:28 PM
Average Laker fan is extremely dumb. No surprise here.

KungFuJoe
02-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Average Laker fan is extremely dumb. No surprise here.

You calling someone else dumb is like an STD-ridden, cheap two dollar whore calling someone an STD-ridden, cheap two dollar whore.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-18-2015, 11:32 PM
But Clipps have been contenders the last 3yrs while the Lake show is nowhere to be found.

Would have thought Clipps would be getting the higher TV ratings.

Because most Laker fans are diehards (albeit sometimes delusional); they're not fair weather like your typical player-only fans.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-18-2015, 11:32 PM
你叫别人笨就像是性病缠身,便宜两块钱的妓女叫别人性病缠身,便宜两元妓女。

Translation please?

NugzFan
02-18-2015, 11:49 PM

Yeah but la sports fan are so easily influenced. These kids have been "fans" for like 2 years. They aren't true fans. The second the lakers are good again they will all flip right back. I live in SoCal - I see it every day.

gts
02-18-2015, 11:50 PM
Translation please?
that wasn't funny the first time it was done but i'm sure your fellow boneheads will be in here trumpeting how clever you are at any moment

KungFuJoe
02-18-2015, 11:58 PM
I don't see the big deal here. I mean, we're talking the Lakers. Clippers are better than us NOW...sure...but a few years of being better doesn't erase DECADES of legacy.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-18-2015, 11:59 PM
that wasn't funny the first time it was done but i'm sure your fellow boneheads will be in here trumpeting how clever you are at any moment
any reason why you corrected "low IQ" to "boneheads"?

buddha
02-19-2015, 12:01 AM
Yeah but la sports fan are so easily influenced. These kids have been "fans" for like 2 years. They aren't true fans. The second the lakers are good again they will all flip right back. I live in SoCal - I see it every day.

exactly why I said if the Lakers don't get better soon the Clippers will surpass them in popularity.

The Clippers have had better attendance since the 2012 season. It's just a matter of time till they pull better ratings if the Lakers continue to suck.

I personally think the Lakers will win a lottery either this year or the next and attract a decent FA to help turn things around but you never know.. could draft a bust, Randle could be the next Greg Oden...

JT123
02-19-2015, 12:01 AM
He's clearly trying too hard to be witty with his insults. Huge sign of insecurity.

gts
02-19-2015, 12:06 AM

Just trying to use words you're all familiar with

JohnFreeman
02-19-2015, 12:10 AM
Clippers are one of the most boring teams I have ever watched. Team of entitled players who have accomplished nothing

senelcoolidge
02-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Well the lakers aren't going to do anything for a long while. So I think in the coming years things will change and you will see more Clipper fans. The lakers glory days are done.

kamil
02-19-2015, 12:24 AM
Gotta love that Laker entitlement.

IncarceratedBob
02-19-2015, 12:24 AM
I've lived in LA my entire life, literally nobody gives a shit about the Clippers. There are a few who are just trying to be different since it's a Laker city. Contrarion ******s

gts
02-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Gotta love that Laker entitlement.
entitlement :lol

they earned the fanbase they have just like the Celtics or any other team that's hung banners on the wall...

kamil
02-19-2015, 12:28 AM
entitlement :lol

they earned the fanbase they have just like the Celtics or any other team that's hung banners on the wall...

So the clippers with their recent success HAVENT earned any spotlight?

#entitlement

gts
02-19-2015, 12:31 AM

#entitlement:confusedshrug: going by the TV ratings we're discussing... evidently not

I mean you can't manufacture a fanbase, it grows from something, it's organic, usually bred from success, popular players.. when you share a town with a team that has 16 banners on the wall you're going to have to do something a bit more than first and second round exits..

you also have to remember that even with their recent success they have a huge stigma attached to them from being the leagues doormat for the previous 30 years, it's going to take more than a few lobs and flashy passes to overcome that...

KungFuJoe
02-19-2015, 12:34 AM

#entitlement

I know...with all those banners the Clippers have put up recently...........

NugzFan
02-19-2015, 03:25 AM
exactly why I said if the Lakers don't get better soon the Clippers will surpass them in popularity.

The Clippers have had better attendance since the 2012 season. It's just a matter of time till they pull better ratings if the Lakers continue to suck.

I personally think the Lakers will win a lottery either this year or the next and attract a decent FA to help turn things around but you never know.. could draft a bust, Randle could be the next Greg Oden...

So what? Then when the lakers end up better again in 5-6 years all the fans will flip right back.

La fans just do whatever is popular and trendy at the time.

dajadeed
02-19-2015, 03:38 AM

No it' not. Nice try to lie, though :oldlol:

b0bab0i
02-19-2015, 04:17 AM
:lol people have been saying this for the last 4 years and the gap just keeps getting wider in favor of the Lakers

OH we got CP3, lob city etc etc etc and the gap gets a little wider

Did you read the quote in the OP at all? It says the gap is getting smaller.

The ratings gap between the Lakers and Clippers is the lowest on record.

dunksby
02-19-2015, 04:28 AM
It's the Lakers we are talking about, they have a long ass history of winning, real sports fans know they have to go through shitty times as well as glorious times.

bdreason
02-19-2015, 04:31 AM
I've lived in L.A. for about a decade, and it's a Lakers town. The Clippers will NEVER overtake the Lakers for popularity in Los Angeles.

If the Clippers/owner franchise were smart, they would do whatever it takes to get out of Staples Center, and somehow get into their own arena. Dropping a couple player banners over the Lakers championship banners doesn't make it a Clippers arena. :oldlol:

bdreason
02-19-2015, 04:33 AM
And while I'm certainly not a Lakers fan, I have many friends who are, and most of them are die-hard, intelligent basketball fans. They're also spoiled and delusional, but you can't really blame them considering the teams success.

Bandito
02-19-2015, 05:23 AM
Lebrontards are so salty in this thread.

MMM
02-19-2015, 10:59 AM
I've lived in L.A. for about a decade, and it's a Lakers town. The Clippers will NEVER overtake the Lakers for popularity in Los Angeles.

If the Clippers/owner franchise were smart, they would do whatever it takes to get out of Staples Center, and somehow get into their own arena. Dropping a couple player banners over the Lakers championship banners doesn't make it a Clippers arena. :oldlol:

From a business perspective does it really make sense to move the Clippers out of Staples??? I'm not sure about how much they pay in rent on their current lease but that seems preferable to spending 500+ million at minimum for a new place to hoop.

I don't expect them to overtake the Lakers but the Clippers out draw them at the gate the last few years and have closed down the ratings gap. They got a few other things going for them that should make them relatively competitive with the Lakers and thus a revenue generator for the league.

choppermagic
02-19-2015, 11:05 AM
What's the problem here? The Lakers have a huge fan base and are a premier market for the NBA?

Is the OP implying that fans of teams should abandon them and band-wagon onto the current hot team? That is silly. True fans of teams are in it for the long haul. The Lakers have been good for so long and they rebuild quite fast in comparison to other NBA teams. So what if their fans dont jump ship at the first sign of a rebuild period?

kamil
02-19-2015, 01:31 PM
What's the problem here? The Lakers have a huge fan base and are a premier market for the NBA?

Is the OP implying that fans of teams should abandon them and band-wagon onto the current hot team? That is silly. True fans of teams are in it for the long haul. The Lakers have been good for so long and they rebuild quite fast in comparison to other NBA teams. So what if their fans dont jump ship at the first sign of a rebuild period?

Its not about fans, its about the media not giving the credit and earned spotlight to the successes of the Clippers.

Laker fans would get really salty if all of a sudden clippers news made more headline. It's painfully obvious too, even in this thread they object to it.

Let's just be happy that the lakers suck balls for years too come. I'm sick of hearing about their entitled fvcking attitude.

DavisWarriorsFan
02-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Well the lakers aren't going to do anything for a long while. So I think in the coming years things will change and you will see more Clipper fans. The lakers glory days are done.
Won't happen. There's even more Bulls fans in L.A. than Clippers fans. And they won't even pass them.