PDA

View Full Version : What would OKC do if Durant

Marchesk
02-19-2015, 10:49 AM
let them know with certainty in the off season that he wasn't resigning. He would play out his last year and then sign elsewhere.

Would Presti try to win a title in Durant's final season as a Thunder, or would he look to pull off a mega deal and build around Westbrook?

Optimus Prime
02-19-2015, 10:54 AM
If Durant goes then Westbrook sure as heck isn't staying in OKC.

OKC had a perennial title contender with 3 superstars in Durant, Westbrook and Harden. They done screwed that up big time with one of the potentially worst trades of all time because ownership is cheap and awful (remember it's the same owner who screwed over Seattle).

What "assets" do the Thunder have other than Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka, who are the core of the team? Jackson? Adams? Lamb? Roberson? Jones?

The cupboard is pretty bare in OKC. The Harden Mistake has had devastating repercussions for OKC.

:kobe:

3peated
02-19-2015, 11:12 AM
that franchise doesnt deserve to win after leaving seattle, IMO.

Bobcats2013
02-19-2015, 11:18 AM
Trade him for as many picks as you can get. OKC fans shouldn't trust ownership but they should trust their FO when it comes to the draft.

Marchesk
02-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Trade him for as many picks as you can get. OKC fans shouldn't trust ownership but they should trust their FO when it comes to the draft.

A Durant doesn't come along very often, and almost nobody comes into the league ready to lead the team to a title right away.

OKC would basically be in rebuild mode at that point. Why would Russ stick around to wait on yet more draft picks to develop?

RightTwoCensor
02-19-2015, 11:32 AM

OKC had a perennial title contender with 3 superstars in Durant, Westbrook and Harden. They done screwed that up big time with one of the potentially worst trades of all time because ownership is cheap and awful (remember it's the same owner who screwed over Seattle).

What "assets" do the Thunder have other than Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka, who are the core of the team? Jackson? Adams? Lamb? Roberson? Jones?

The cupboard is pretty bare in OKC. The Harden Mistake has had devastating repercussions for OKC.

Vicious

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Durant is gone. The more these quotes are coming out the more obvious it is, he's fed up with his team's front office doing dumb shit.

Didn't everyone know that Reggie Jackson wanted to start or be traded before the year? They should have traded him then, after a decent playoffs. Now his value has dropped.

Also everyone in the world knows that Brooks isn't a good head coach, yet Durant is coming out and basically saying he's defending him just because that's the type of person he is. Yet he looks around and sees other teams with good head coaches performing better.

CP343
02-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Durant for Griffin.

imdaman99
02-19-2015, 12:09 PM

I see Westbrook leaving too. He's been asked plenty of times if he's jealous of Harden who has his own team now, and he said no he likes winning. If Durant is gone, Westbrook should jet too. They aren't gonna get blessed with 3 straight top 5 picks anymore if one of them is gone. They will get middle of 1st round at best because as long as 1 of the superstars are there, they won't allow the team to fall into the abyss.

The 2 superstars have been saving Scott Brooks ass for 3 years now, he is not a good coach and by default the 2 guys are loyal and won't say a negative thing about him. Maybe Durant can ether him once they get bounced in the playoffs now that he is speaking his mind... but I can't see that. Scott Brooks is already making excuses about this season being a wash because his 2 stars were injured :oldlol:

Fudge
02-19-2015, 12:13 PM
I can't wait until Durant breaks everybodys hearts and re-signs with OKC. :oldlol:

Marking it on my calendar and counting down the days on my phone. It's going to be f*cking awesome.

KirbyPls
02-19-2015, 02:18 PM
that franchise doesnt deserve to win after leaving seattle, IMO.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Budadiiii
02-19-2015, 02:21 PM
I can't wait until Durant breaks everybodys hearts and re-signs with OKC. :oldlol:

Marking it on my calendar and counting down the days on my phone. It's going to be f*cking awesome.
:roll:

Most of these nerds are mad their team is shit and they root for OKC's downfall because we are a guaranteed contender for many years to come.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy

Lakers fans, Rockets fans, Knicks fans...

:roll:

They have nothing to look forward to but first round exits and lottery picks.

ImKobe
02-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Why would he do that BEFORE the season? I get the beef with the management, but why would he do that to his teammates?

OP :facepalm

IncarceratedBob
02-19-2015, 02:33 PM
The way I look at it is this:

If I'm the Thunder I never trade Durant because you'll never get equal value for him, Durant is a 5 karat diamond and I wouldn't trade a 5 karat diamond for 5 1 karat diamonds