PDA

View Full Version : Think Kevin Love is content being a 3rd wheel in Cleveland?

PleezeBelieve
02-19-2015, 12:10 PM
He is as good as gone after the season. He's not going to stand in the corner for the rest of his career waiting for a shoot first point guard to pass him the ball. :oldlol:

So with that said, why does RBA act so arrogant when it comes to acting like Love won't walk? If anything, the writing is on the wall. Love is pretty much disconnected on the floor. You can tell he is treading water, waiting for the first opportunity to bold.

I mean, outside RBA, who else thinks a 25/12/5 big man from California will happily average 15/10 while playing in Cleveland for the rest of his prime? :roll:

navy
02-19-2015, 12:11 PM
He came to Cleveland knowing he would be a third option....

PleezeBelieve
02-19-2015, 12:13 PM
No he didn't :oldlol:

How hard is this understand? Love is a better basketball player than Kyrie Irving and its not all that close.

The only people who dont get this is David Blatt and RBA

HOoopCityJones
02-19-2015, 12:13 PM

This a lie dude. Kevin Love came here thinking he'd at least be the second option.

I'm not even saying I think he'll leave, but come on now.

Uncle Drew
02-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Why don't you make a terrible rap song about it?

Fudge
02-19-2015, 12:15 PM
No he didn't :oldlol:

How hard is this understand? Love is a better basketball player than Kyrie Irving and its not all that close.

The only people who dont get this is David Blatt and RBA
PB is actually right. :lol

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2015, 12:16 PM
PB makes another thread with me in the title. How many does this make now, over the years? A dozen? More?

:pimp:

navy
02-19-2015, 12:16 PM
This a lie dude. Kevin Love came here thinking he'd at least be the second option.

I'm not even saying I think he'll leave, but come on now.
He was gonna usurp Kyrie Irving just like that? Bruh.

PleezeBelieve
02-19-2015, 12:22 PM
PB makes another thread with me in the title. How many does this make now, over the years? A dozen? More?

How about you defend your asinine opinion?

Your stannery for Kyrie Irving is flatout disgusting :facepalm

Fudge
02-19-2015, 12:22 PM

Translation: Rent free.

You know you want to say it, RBA.

HOoopCityJones
02-19-2015, 12:31 PM
He was gonna usurp Kyrie Irving just like that? Bruh.

Bruh nothin.

You gonna sit there and tell me a 26 & 10 guy was coming with the intention of being a third option? :biggums:

navy
02-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Bruh nothin.

You gonna sit there and tell me a 26 & 10 guy was coming with the intention of being a third option? :biggums:
Well he wasnt going to be a first option. For obvious reasons.

Did he think he was more alpha than Kyrie? :biggums:

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2015, 12:38 PM
If Love wants to explore his (very limited) options via free agency this summer, he has every right to do so. But, keep in mind he is going to get his first taste of playoff intensity basketball this year and I'd like to think that being on the floor when things really matter will supercede any potentially damaged pride he may feel as a result of being the third offensive option... a spot which he has earned with his play thus far.

The entitlement culture never ceases to amaze me. Forget about earning your stripes and finding your place on a team. "I want to win and I want the ball or I'm leaving." Assuming that's his attitude, which I highly doubt.

hawksdogsbraves
02-19-2015, 12:56 PM
I know this is sort of a troll thread but there is a point in there. Does the allure of 'meaningful basketball' carry more weight than the fact that Kevin Love is a 17/10 role player now?

Going from a superstar to a role player while still in your prime can't be easy to stomach. He's basically sacrificing his own individual legacy in order to shoot for a ring.

Papaya Petee
02-19-2015, 12:59 PM
If Love wants to explore his (very limited) options via free agency this summer, he has every right to do so. But, keep in mind he is going to get his first taste of playoff intensity basketball this year and I'd like to think that being on the floor when things really matter will supercede any potentially damaged pride he may feel as a result of being the third offensive option... a spot which he has earned with his play thus far.

The entitlement culture never ceases to amaze me. Forget about earning your stripes and finding your place on a team. "I want to win and I want the ball or I'm leaving." Assuming that's his attitude, which I highly doubt.

Only problem with this, is that Kyrie Irving will also experience his first playoff action. If he doesn't perform well as the 2nd option (which will be absolutely necessary for Cleveland to make a serious push) all the talk will go to why wasn't Kevin Love utilized correctly and used as a 2nd option. Then he will be justified for leaving because he can argue he wasn't used to his ability.

christian1923
02-19-2015, 12:59 PM
I know this is sort of a troll thread but there is a point in there. Does the allure of 'meaningful basketball' carry more weight than the fact that Kevin Love is a 17/10 role player now?

Going from a superstar to a role player while still in your prime can't be easy to stomach. He's basically sacrificing his own individual legacy in order to shoot for a ring.
He was never a superstar, he was just a great player putting up numbers on a shit team.

edrick
02-19-2015, 01:01 PM
I think it will all come down to how far the Cavs manage to get in the playoffs.

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2015, 01:03 PM
How about you defend your asinine opinion?

Your stannery for Kyrie Irving is flatout disgusting :facepalm
I could do that. Or I could just point out how wrong you are about ... everything.

PB openly campaigned for drafting Perry Jones III over Anthony Davis.

April 2, 2012 from his thread "Let's talk about how Perry Jones III made Anthony Davis look ordinary":

Frankly when they were matched up against each other Perry looked like better talent. He did what he wanted to against Davis. While Davis is the superior defensive presence, PJIII held his own when manning Davis up.

Both has good basketball IQs and size. Perry has the better lateral movement and explosiveness. Both need to get stronger.

So why ya'll not galkjng talking about Perry more?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258130

Yeah, PB apparently thought Davis was a chump pre-draft. From his thread "Consensus #1 pick (according to ISH) finishes w/6 points 9 rebounds against Indiana" on Dec. 12, 2011:

Anthony Davis

:roll:

Putting up a robust 6 points 9 rebounds on national TV when you're supposedly yhe 'best prospect in years':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttF5HVYtlQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

More:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242441

How about Kevin Durant?

From PB's March 28, 2007 thread entitled "Anyone think Jeff Green's Skills Translate Better To The NBA Than Durant?"

First off, this thread has more to do with me thinking Durant is overrated than me thinking Green is flatout the better player.

But anyway, I feel that Green is almost a carbon copy of Paul Pierce. Durant on the other hand, is a jumpshooter at heart. I simply don't like that, especially when you're 6'9. Green on the other hand has the feel, body, and desire to operate on the post. The fact he can hit the three only opens the rest of his game up, not depend on it like Durant.

And as the draft gets closer, you can expect Green to rise the boards because of what I've stated in this post. I just don't care is you got 30-ft range...who's the better player, Pierce or Ray Allen?.That's who I basically think Durant plays like...a bigger version of Allen. You can hate me if you want, but I would strongly suggest people start forming their own opinions and stop listening to what's on TV. And with that, on the pro level Green will be better than Durant in the NBA.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35398

Shall I continue?

Rose'sACL
02-19-2015, 01:04 PM

lebron is the only superstar in the league right now. kobe was a superstar till 2012.
you have to play in a big(or at least not small) market to be a superstar or be one of the top 10 all time to be one in a small market. if KD moves to even Washington, he would be superstar.
guys like jordan, shaq, wilt, lebron are outliers. you have to play and produce wins in a small market to be a superstar unless you are a freak like the 4 guys i mentioned above. jordan didn't play in a small market but he would have been a superstar regardless. same for wilt.
love has to earn his superstar title still.

PleezeBelieve
02-19-2015, 01:06 PM
He was never a superstar, he was just a great player putting up numbers on a shit team.
Wolves were not a shit team. Much better team than Cavs were with Kyrie.

Rose'sACL
02-19-2015, 01:07 PM
and kyrie is still not a superstar while having a flashy game so i have no idea what you are implying there.

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Only problem with this, is that Kyrie Irving will also experience his first playoff action. If he doesn't perform well as the 2nd option (which will be absolutely necessary for Cleveland to make a serious push) all the talk will go to why wasn't Kevin Love utilized correctly and used as a 2nd option. Then he will be justified for leaving because he can argue he wasn't used to his ability.
So, we are already assuming who will perform what role in the playoffs and how much success they will have? How this team became a p!ssing contest between Irving and Love is a mystery. They're on the same team, right? Irving is having an excellent season. It seems to me people constantly look for reasons to drag him down. The biggest issue Love has had is that he hasn't found a way to fit as seamlessly next to LeBron, who initiates the vast majority of the Cavs' sets.

And, let's say the scenario you brought up plays itself out... where is he going to go in free agency that gives him a chance to win better than in Cleveland? His options will be incredibly limited and it wouldn't make sense financially either.

pastis
02-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Love has two weak spots:

1. Def
2. not able to create is own shot (at least on a consistent level)

but Love is a great rebounder and shooter you cant deny this.

i think lebron will hold the team together and love will have his big moments in playoffs

Dizzle-2k7
02-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Kyrie doesnt deserve Kevin Love... kyrie is a ballhogging, steve francis 2.0

second round exit

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Kyrie doesnt deserve Kevin Love... kyrie is a ballhogging, steve francis 2.0

Kyrie Irving Haters Club vs. The City of Cleveland (http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2015/02/kyrie-irving-haters-cleveland-cavs/)

The facts contradict the narrative.

hawksdogsbraves
02-19-2015, 02:10 PM
lebron is the only superstar in the league right now. kobe was a superstar till 2012.
you have to play in a big(or at least not small) market to be a superstar or be one of the top 10 all time to be one in a small market. if KD moves to even Washington, he would be superstar.
guys like jordan, shaq, wilt, lebron are outliers. you have to play and produce wins in a small market to be a superstar unless you are a freak like the 4 guys i mentioned above. jordan didn't play in a small market but he would have been a superstar regardless. same for wilt.
love has to earn his superstar title still.

Ok whatever, we can argue the semantics of what the difference between a 'star' or 'all star' or 'superstar' is all day long.

The point is that Love was putting up 26/12/4 and on a Hall of Fame track as a young player to now putting up 17/10/2 on shitty percentages and looking like a David Lee fringe All-Star type.

Now I can't speak to his motivations or goals, but if I'm Kevin Love I'm not sacrificing my entire personal legacy to help LeBron get another ring or two.

I'd rather set out on my own as the star of a team, (or co-star) and try to win a championship by my own accord.

Then again, I don't know about Love's mindset, maybe he's content being the third wheel and sitting at home on All-Star weekend.

RightTwoCensor
02-19-2015, 02:14 PM
RBA caught some feels so she changed the thread title.

Weak AF

Wally450
02-19-2015, 03:51 PM
It would be easier to replace someone like Love in Cleveland than it would be to replace someone like Kyrie. Love seems like he hasn't found his identity in Cleveland yet.

ralph_i_el
02-19-2015, 04:13 PM
They weren't a shit team because of Love. The Cavs were a shit team WITH Irving.

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2015, 05:04 PM
They weren't a shit team because of Love. The Cavs were a shit team WITH Irving.
What the hell does this even mean? I believe the Wolves were average with and without Love. Also, Kyrie Irving was 21 last year. Love was 25.

The idea that players remain static every year despite age/experience is nonsensical.

ILLsmak
02-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Ok whatever, we can argue the semantics of what the difference between a 'star' or 'all star' or 'superstar' is all day long.

The point is that Love was putting up 26/12/4 and on a Hall of Fame track as a young player to now putting up 17/10/2 on shitty percentages and looking like a David Lee fringe All-Star type.

Now I can't speak to his motivations or goals, but if I'm Kevin Love I'm not sacrificing my entire personal legacy to help LeBron get another ring or two.

I'd rather set out on my own as the star of a team, (or co-star) and try to win a championship by my own accord.

Then again, I don't know about Love's mindset, maybe he's content being the third wheel and sitting at home on All-Star weekend.

Yeah, I mean... didn't Kevin Love want out of Minny? Wasn't that the main issue before this whole LeBron thing? It seems like it was like get out of Minny... oh, Bron needs someone? Sure I'll go there.

Dudes acting like he wanted to come to Cleveland and play with Bron above everything, like that was his life dream.

I don't know if he'll stay or go, and as said, if they win a ring he might stay, but if they shit the bed in the playoffs, he may go. I didn't think he'd be this bad.

Maybe he was promised something he's not getting? Anyone who "wanted out" of where they were is not going to stay in a bad situation if it's still bad. Nobody is going to say, "well, I was in a bad situation, but I used my only chance." Likely, he's going to leave if the situation isn't right.

Will it, ultimately, be right? We dunno. That all comes down to how it works out in the playoffs. I think if he gets some big moments he could do it. Both he and Kyrie are capable of having a great series and getting Finals MVP. So, I think IF he can tell himself they will likely get to the Finals a few times, then he will stay.

-Smak

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I mean... didn't Kevin Love want out of Minny? Wasn't that the main issue before this whole LeBron thing? It seems like it was like get out of Minny... oh, Bron needs someone? Sure I'll go there.

Dudes acting like he wanted to come to Cleveland and play with Bron above everything, like that was his life dream.

I don't know if he'll stay or go, and as said, if they win a ring he might stay, but if they shit the bed in the playoffs, he may go. I didn't think he'd be this bad.

Maybe he was promised something he's not getting? Anyone who "wanted out" of where they were is not going to stay in a bad situation if it's still bad. Nobody is going to say, "well, I was in a bad situation, but I used my only chance." Likely, he's going to leave if the situation isn't right.

Will it, ultimately, be right? We dunno. That all comes down to how it works out in the playoffs. I think if he gets some big moments he could do it. Both he and Kyrie are capable of having a great series and getting Finals MVP. So, I think IF he can tell himself they will likely get to the Finals a few times, then he will stay.

-Smak
It's not as simple as just walking out. Who are going to be the teams with the cap space to sign him outright in the offseason? What are his other options? Will there be a team with the cap space that has a chance to win or will it be another Minnesota situation? Is that worth taking a paycut to hop onto?

It's not just a free for all where any player can join any team that he happens to like in that moment.

And, Love did -- through his agent -- say that he wanted to come to Cleveland if LeBron was here and that was way before James announced his decision. It broke the night of the draft, actually.

And, he has said repeatedly that he plans to stay.

Funnyfuka
02-19-2015, 11:31 PM
Love is "too white" to mesh with irving and lebron personalities.

HOoopCityJones
02-19-2015, 11:40 PM

-Smak

Basically my sentiments on the entire subject.

Also, HawksdogsBraves made a great point too about what Kevin wants his legacy to be.

tpols
02-19-2015, 11:47 PM
Love is "too white" to mesh with irving and lebron personalities.

irving seems like a cool guy.. alpha af as well. love is probably turned off by Lebron's corny attempts at leadership.. and general phony persona, trying to be funny always chirping etc. Love is a low key hard working guy. Doesn't like that type of shit.

Kyrie laid back and real.. wouldn't see a problem there.

SouBeachTalents
02-19-2015, 11:49 PM

This is pretty much word for word what Bosh experienced in Miami. Do you honestly not think Bosh's "legacy" is better off now than it was in 2010?

Cocaine80s
02-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Either way, Love can stay and Cavs can contend....

Or

Love leaves so Durant can join the year after and they win 5 straight rings

Lebron will end up with 7 rings as the greatest over Jordan while Durant will have 5 which should put him at least top 3-4 all time :applause:

Genaro
02-20-2015, 12:13 AM
I don't know how he actually feels about it. There are players who prefer be the FP on a bad team and the ones who like to win no matter how much they have to sacrifice.
I think Love will stay because he didn't seemed very happy when he was in Minnesota playing well but losing games, he asked to be traded. I can see who argues otherwise, though.

IGOTGAME
02-20-2015, 12:34 AM
I don't know how he actually feels about it. There are players who prefer be the FP on a bad team and the ones who like to win no matter how much they have to sacrifice.
I think Love will stay because he didn't seemed very happy when he was in Minnesota playing well but losing games, he asked to be traded. I can see who argues otherwise, though.

Its to a point where it doesn't feel like winning because you've sacrificed so much that you don't recognize yourself. That is what Bosh had to deal with and that is what Love is dealing with now.

Id respect love making his attempts at leading a team as the man or 1a/1b more than anything he is gonna do in Cleveland.

G-train
02-20-2015, 12:39 AM
Dunno if he will leave cos he is third wheel, but he and Lebron might leave when Miami beat them in the playoffs.