PDA

View Full Version : Denver has traded JaVale McGee to Philadelphia

Fudge
02-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 8s8 seconds ago
Denver is in advanced talks on a deal to send JaVale McGee to Philadelphia, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

It's OFFICIAL

Denver has agreed to send JaVale McGee to Philadelphia, along with a first-round pick via OKC, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
Fudgebomb.

What's good, navy.

Bobcats2013
02-19-2015, 12:55 PM
Embiid, Noel, McGee

#TheNewEra

KobesFinger
02-19-2015, 12:58 PM
How has he been for Denver this season?

Fowl
02-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Damn, Wilt's reincarnation coming home.

Bobcats2013
02-19-2015, 01:00 PM
So Philly gets McGee and a 1st round pick for nothing? or is it part of the Thad trade?

tanks1
02-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Salary dump. probably will never suit up.

boozehound
02-19-2015, 01:04 PM
How has he been for Denver this season?
he has barely played. dude is a joke

CP343
02-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Who does Denver get?

boozehound
02-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Who does Denver get?
nothing probably. Because they can absorb the salary, all denver has to get is a trade exception. Maybe they get a 2nd rounder or something

weird that they sent out the OKC pick, that could be in the lotto!

GOBB
02-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Denver shouldn't get crap for dumping this bum on us. What the hell Hinkie? I don't want no Shaqtin a Fool MVP. And he is due $12mil NEXT season.

boozehound
02-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Denver shouldn't get crap for dumping this bum on us. What the hell Hinkie? I don't want no Shaqtin a Fool MVP. And he is due $12mil NEXT season.
shows you that hinkie is planning on sucking again next year. It gets you over the salary floor for this year, but you still have space to be a capspace playa!

NugzFan
02-19-2015, 01:12 PM
nothing probably. Because they can absorb the salary, all denver has to get is a trade exception. Maybe they get a 2nd rounder or something

weird that they sent out the OKC pick, that could be in the lotto!

No, it can't.

Bobcats2013
02-19-2015, 01:13 PM
shows you that hinkie is planning on sucking again next year. It gets you over the salary floor for this year, but you still have space to be a capspace playa!

No it doesn't. No FAs are going to Philly and that team is based around young players on rookie deals. You can take a McGee if it means you get a draft pick.

NugzFan
02-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Not a fan of this deal. Pure salary dump.

tanks1
02-19-2015, 01:15 PM
No it doesn't. No FAs are going to Philly and that team is based around young players on rookie deals. You can take a McGee if it means you get a draft pick.

Exactly, this was about that pick.

SwishSquared
02-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Philly has to send something, even if it's like a top 59 protected 2015 second round pick. Wonder what exactly they gave up. I'm assuming that Denver is just reducing payroll or are they hoping to get some cap space this summer?

Btw, am I the only one that thought Affalo for Perkins + reduced restrictions on that OKC pick would have been smart for Denver? Basically would guarantee a pick in the 17-21 range for a guy on his way out.

They did get a nice return on Affalo, though, from Portland. Saw on one reporter's twitter that Denver is likely done dealing today, unless some offers get much better. I think that's likely a mistake.

If OKC makes the playoffs (I believe they will) and Philly gets 3 firsts this year plus their plethora of seconds... squad could have some nice offensive talent next season. Even if they're "buying" a first round pick, I think it's a good trade for them.

coin24
02-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Denver fire sale

boozehound
02-19-2015, 01:20 PM
right. Its taking on 12 million next year for a pick. That suggests you dont plan on being very good next year.

NugzFan
02-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Denver fire sale

Not as much as I hoped though.

boozehound
02-19-2015, 01:22 PM
No, it can't.
yes, it can. There may be rights to a player or a highly protected pick that will never switch hands, but you can basically trade nothing tangible for players if you have the cap space.

To clarify

In all trades (no matter how many teams are involved), each team must send out and take back at least one of the following:
A player under contract.
A future draft pick. If a pick is protected (see question number 87), then no more than 55 picks in a single draft can be protected.
The draft rights to an "NBA prospect" -- a player with a reasonable chance of becoming an NBA player during his career, or a contributing player in a reputable professional league (as determined by the league office).
The right to swap unencumbered picks in a future draft.
$75,000 or more.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q82

Bobcats2013
02-19-2015, 01:22 PM
ESPN says Denver gets a top 18 protected 2015 pick.
What?

boozehound
02-19-2015, 01:25 PM
ESPN says Denver gets a top 18 protected 2015 pick.
What?
wow. Much better than I expected. So, they basically moved a guaranteed pick (around 15) this year for something that wont happen (unless its a different teams pick, anyone hear who's pick it actually is?). I bet it reverts to a 2nd rounder at some point.

coin24
02-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Philly landed modern day wilt at least:oldlol:

Yeah I thought Denver would move chandler

SwishSquared
02-19-2015, 01:29 PM
wow. Much better than I expected. So, they basically moved a guaranteed pick (around 15) this year for something that wont happen (unless its a different teams pick, anyone hear who's pick it actually is?). I bet it reverts to a 2nd rounder at some point.
Denver sent Philly the OKC pick obtained from the Mozgov trade. They literally held out on trading Mozgov to get an additional first round pick just to salary dump McGee. If OKC makes playoffs, there's a great shot that pick convey this year. In order for that to happen, they have to have a better record than the 6th seed in the East, for example.

I wonder if Philly will trade a backup C to OKC for Perkins now for reduced pick protections so the Thunder duck the tax lol

EDIT:
If Philly sends OKC Aldemir for Perkins, they can save $6.7M lol. Sixers need to help facilitate the Brook Lopez trade to OKC so they can guarantee getting this draft pick.

AI09
02-19-2015, 01:31 PM
right. Its taking on 12 million next year for a pick. That suggests you dont plan on being very good next year.

sixers going to be way under the cap next season as well they are going to have to spread the remaining salary to the players so that 12 million is irrelevant we helped them dump salary and got a first rounder for it. We are tanking and aren't looking at free agency this summer either, that money was going to be spent on our current players/next year's squad regardless

NugzFan
02-19-2015, 01:35 PM
yes, it can. There may be rights to a player or a highly protected pick that will never switch hands, but you can basically trade nothing tangible for players if you have the cap space.

I was referring to your comment on the okc pick. It cannot be a lotto pick.

JellyBean
02-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Holy crap!! The Sixers are going to tank big time, again, next season!!!

boozehound
02-19-2015, 01:38 PM
sixers going to be way under the cap next season as well they are going to have to spread the remaining salary to the players so that 12 million is irrelevant we helped them dump salary and got a first rounder for it. We are tanking and aren't looking at free agency this summer either, that money was going to be spent on our current players/next year's squad regardless
right. That is my point. They will spend the salary floor regardless and this puts them just over it. As you point out, they wont use their capspace this off season, because they dont want to be very good next year either.

That was all that I said. This confirms that Hinkie is at least one more season away from trying to field a competitive team.

boozehound
02-19-2015, 01:38 PM
I was referring to your comment on the okc pick. It cannot be a lotto pick.
oh right. Sorry

AI09
02-19-2015, 01:40 PM
The OKC pick is top 18 protected this draft
Top 15 protected 16 and 17 draft.
2 2nd rounders in 18 and 19

Chances are it's going to be anywhere from 17-20 this year

coin24
02-19-2015, 01:45 PM
So another year of tanking for the 76ers?:lol

Then what?

GOBB
02-19-2015, 01:49 PM
OKC would have to go on a major run for Sixers to get pick this year.

McGee needs to be bought out.

So in the end Sixers use cap space for a future first rd pick. Not mad but will be mad if mcgee ever suits up for us.

The end

CeltsGarlic
02-19-2015, 01:52 PM
McGee would be the best big in philly and is underrated just because of some shaqtin episodes.

AI09
02-19-2015, 02:02 PM

So in the end Sixers use cap space for a future first rd pick. Not mad but will be mad if mcgee ever suits up for us.

The end

it'll most likely be a late first rounder next year but I can see a OKC run they will most likely take the 8th seed from phx and with a strong 2nd half I can see them with the 11th best record this season at best its unlikely but not a long shot either

SwishSquared
02-19-2015, 02:09 PM

The end
Sixers still have flexibility to facilitate a Lopez-to-OKC deal in exchange for reduced pick protections. As it stands, if OKC makes playoffs, they basically need to have a better record than 6th seed in East for that pick to transfer. Bucks, in 6 seed, are 30-23. OKC is 28-25 right now. Entirely possible for this pick to convey this year, and I think Philly should be motivated to get it this draft (and should take unwanted contracts to reduce the current protections). That pick will likely be 25-30 next year when it could be 17-21 this year.

I'm not sure if McGee gets bought out, but he could be retained for salary matching purposes in trades next year. He could be told to stay away but kept on the books merely to dump him in a few months.

GOBB
02-19-2015, 02:16 PM
This year or next doesn't matter to me much.

McGee would be the best big in philly and is underrated just because of some shaqtin episodes.

No and you're stupid for thinking that

ballup
02-19-2015, 02:24 PM
McGee gonna take all of Embiid's minutes this season. Gonna teach Noel how to flex that BBIQ.

CeltsGarlic
02-19-2015, 02:40 PM
McGee gonna take all of Embiid's minutes this season. Gonna teach Noel how to flex that BBIQ.
:oldlol:

CeltsGarlic
02-19-2015, 02:41 PM
No and you're stupid for thinking that

This guy.

HomieWeMajor
02-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Nice 1st option for Philly. I expect him to put up 20/10/3 on 55+fg%.

AI09
02-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Sixers still have flexibility to facilitate a Lopez-to-OKC deal in exchange for reduced pick protections. As it stands, if OKC makes playoffs, they basically need to have a better record than 6th seed in East for that pick to transfer. Bucks, in 6 seed, are 30-23. OKC is 28-25 right now. Entirely possible for this pick to convey this year, and I think Philly should be motivated to get it this draft (and should take unwanted contracts to reduce the current protections). That pick will likely be 25-30 next year when it could be 17-21 this year.

I'm not sure if McGee gets bought out, but he could be retained for salary matching purposes in trades next year. He could be told to stay away but kept on the books merely to dump him in a few months.

Top 18 protected so assuming OKC gets the 8th spot they would have to be better than the 4th seed in the east for that pick to come to philly this year as of now Washington is 4th in the east 33-21 and Cavs right behind them at 33-22

Optimus Prime
02-19-2015, 03:05 PM
Remember when JaVale was an "athletic young basketball prospect" in the NBA?

:lol

SwishSquared
02-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Top 18 protected so assuming OKC gets the 8th spot they would have to be better than the 4th seed in the east for that pick to come to philly this year as of now Washington is 4th in the east 33-21 and Cavs right behind them at 33-22
Ah, my bad, thank you for the correction! I think that's why I've been so hung up on Philly needing to aggressively take on contracts to reduce the protections. I think it makes more sense to do that than wait for the pick to convey next year.

They have the space to take on Jack + Perkins (maybe send out J-Rich and/or AK-47's deal) and send a cheap backup big to Brooklyn (Sims or Aldemir). Would reduce the Nets' lux tax payments. Should get Lamb in that event, too, for their troubles imo.

SwishSquared
02-19-2015, 05:13 PM
With OKC's trades today, they are primed for a pretty serious run imo. That pick could convey this year. Imagine somehow the Sixers lucking out and having all 3 2015 first rounders conveying...

boozehound
02-19-2015, 05:25 PM

To clarify

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q82
crazy that a guy who was drafted 10 years ago can still count as "rights". I guess hes a "contributing player in a reputable professional league (as determined by the league office)". ha

NugzFan
02-19-2015, 05:29 PM
With OKC's trades today, they are primed for a pretty serious run imo. That pick could convey this year. Imagine somehow the Sixers lucking out and having all 3 2015 first rounders conveying...

Wouldn't they prefer to space them out a little? Otherwise they just won't be able to play everyone.

GOBB
02-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Wouldn't they prefer to space them out a little? Otherwise they just won't be able to play everyone.

What do you mean?

SwishSquared
02-19-2015, 06:05 PM
If I were Hinkie, I'd def want the OKC pick this year, assuming the Thunder have all their core pieces healthy & rolling during next regular season. I'm guessing Durant, WB, etc. have a typical RS for them, meaning that pick would be 25-30 in next year's draft.

Plus, if I were a GM and could snag 2 potential cornerstones in this year's lotto and add 2 role players in the teens, I'm pretty happy.

NugzFan
02-19-2015, 06:10 PM
What do you mean?

Do you guys have spots for that many rookies every year?

04mzwach
02-19-2015, 06:20 PM
It didn't make much sense that McGee got that contract when he got it. We looked at his potential and said, "Well, he has a lot of potential and he is tall, lengthy, athletic...hm...maybe 12 million could be cheap if he really puts hard work in?" Now years later... :facepalm If he could stay away from getting injured maybe he'd play better than we think in a year? He averages 15-20 points/40min, 9-12 reb/40 and roughly 55% true shooting percentage if you look at the seasons he has played. I don't know if stats tell the story but at least it shows there's potential for Philly to get something out of him.

GOBB
02-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Do you guys have spots for that many rookies every year?

We aren't going to use every draft pick for a player. Some will be draft and stashed players much like we did 3 draft picks in 2014.

As of now Sixers have 10 players under contract. 1 is a RFA.

Canaan, Wroten, Covington, H.Thompson, J.Grant, J.Sampson, N.Noel, F.Aldemir, H.Sims (RFA), Embiid.

I left out McGee. Don't see him seriously being someone that is a Sixer too long. But Sixers roster we aren't looking at a gang of keepers. Noel/Embiid/Grant/Covington/Aldemir I say are definitely going to being on this roster next season. The rest? Depends on draft, trades, free agency if Sixers dont move the others or not.

Who knows how this roster ends up looking but I dont worry about having more draft picks than roster spots when roster spots on the Sixers aren't locked up. If not for injury who knows if Tony Wroten was apart of todays trades.

buddha
02-19-2015, 06:28 PM
philly needs to trade for Nick Young and they can be like the Wizards and end up on shaqtin a fool every week.

Lebron23
02-19-2015, 06:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXnny8HNKo

Wilt Chamberlain vs Javale Mcgee

Budadiiii
02-19-2015, 08:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXnny8HNKo

Wilt Chamberlain vs Javale Mcgee
http://i.imgur.com/xgbsxvo.png

LiLharvard
02-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Shaq gon release a full length movie about these clowns in Philly.

OnFire
02-20-2015, 10:54 AM

Ikeep trying to tell you 76er fans that your owners are just playing a shell game with u. Move pieces and picks all around and then they make all their money from u and still no plans to even TRY winning.

Thank god for Pat Riley.....i can never root for tankibg owners stealing money from fans and putting nothing on field/court.

GOBB
02-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Ikeep trying to tell you 76er fans that your owners are just playing a shell game with u. Move pieces and picks all around and then they make all their money from u and still no plans to even TRY winning.

Thank god for Pat Riley.....i can never root for tankibg owners stealing money from fans and putting nothing on field/court.

We got a first rd pick so you can shut up now.

GimmeThat
02-21-2015, 01:59 AM

it's sort of like when I compared the Warriors being able to make it to the finals in the East to the Bulls.

this 76ers got a little bit of the Utah Jazz identity in the past 3-4 years.

the Jazz in the East, and they are easily 2nd round, conference finals material, if they become a well coached team.

this is all too difficult having to account for all the picks they gathered from losing of course.

AboutBuckets
02-21-2015, 03:46 AM
Seeing how everything has panned out with hindsight on the past few years is crazy. Imagine how different everything's been from what it would have been had the Bynum trade panned out and he maintained his interest in this sport. It's been a wild ride for Philly fans and it seems as if it's nowhere near over

LiLharvard
02-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Seeing how everything has panned out with hindsight on the past few years is crazy. Imagine how different everything's been from what it would have been had the Bynum trade panned out and he maintained his interest in this sport. It's been a wild ride for Philly fans and it seems as if it's nowhere near over

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EK38OAaqPQ8/Unp09xgfw-I/AAAAAAAABa0/hVM_WnAPZsA/s320/supernatural+supernatural-34933122-245-136.gif

Springsteen
02-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Sixers could flip Javale for some nice assets over the offseason. Hopefully this rebuilding plan actually goes somewhere sooner or later.

GOBB
02-21-2015, 07:54 PM
Sixers could flip Javale for some nice assets over the offseason. Hopefully this rebuilding plan actually goes somewhere sooner or later.

I wouldn't go that far. Might get a second rd pick. We definitely could flip him but I'm not going to think like it'll be anything great. A first for taking his salary and a 2nd for flipping him in the offseason. That wouldn't be bad work.

Bay Area Baller
02-24-2015, 01:31 AM
bump.

:biggums: