PDA

View Full Version : If Durant leaves, will he take heat? Should he take Heat?

KirbyPls
02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Or will he get handled with kids' gloves by the media as he always has? I don't like Durant and hope the Thunder never win anything after Sonicsgate, but I have no issue with him leaving, although he has a good (not perfect) situation in OKC despite the coach.

I'm just curious as to ISH's thoughts on what the backlash, if any, will be like if he indeed leaves.

Fudge
02-19-2015, 02:46 PM
The only person that takes the Heat when leaving, is LeBron. Literally.

Durant also isn't a bitch and won't make a special TV announcement.

RoseCity07
02-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Sam Presti will. He'll get fired for being a retard.

How do you f*ck up this badly? They were already a Finals team that had to hold out one or two years max. Basically all he had to do was keep the team the same.

One of the most underrated moves in basketball is not making a trade. All the title teams keep their core together for years. Even Lebron and the Heat didn't win it all the first time they got to the Finals. They could have waited until the other top tier teams got worse because they had youth on their side.

KirbyPls
02-19-2015, 02:48 PM
The only person that takes the Heat when leaving, is LeBron. Literally.

Durant also isn't a bitch and won't make a special TV announcement.

:lol

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Don't know how Sam Presti managed to **** things up this bad :lol

All OKC had to do was get a good coach and go on autopilot mode for 15 years with Durant/Harden/Westbrook, now they're struggling to make the PO's with Brooks and no Harden :roll:

Foster5k
02-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Durant's fate was sealed when OKC chose Ibaka over Harden. Hell, they could have kept both and amnestied Perkins.

Either way, Durant will take some heat. All star players take a little heat when they leave. However, once he wins a title, everyone will be back on his bandwagon proclaiming his greatness.