PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Thomas to the Celtics

PejaNowitzki
02-19-2015, 04:04 PM
I have no idea what the hell is going is on, but trades errywhere!

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-19-2015, 04:04 PM
wow, really? this makes very little sense imo.

CeltsGarlic
02-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Straaange, but I like it

LeJohn Janes
I'm going to quote Bill Simmons before he says it tomorrow: "I don't like the trade"

edit - actually, it's a decent trade.

PejaNowitzki
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

SwishSquared
02-19-2015, 04:13 PM
For Marcus Thorton and CLE's future first. That's actually not a bad deal by Boston. Ainge loves IT and he's a good spark plug. Paying ~$15M combined to Bradley & Thomas next year isn't ideal, but oh well.

ATL_Bball_King
02-19-2015, 04:16 PM
What the fffffffffffffffvvvvvvvvvvcccccccckkkkkk is going on :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

PejaNowitzki
02-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

CeltsGarlic
02-19-2015, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=PejaNowitzki]Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

Real Men Wear Green
02-19-2015, 04:21 PM
For Marcus Thorton and CLE's future first. That's actually not a bad deal by Boston. Ainge loves IT and he's a good spark plug. Paying ~$15M combined to Bradley & Thomas next year isn't ideal, but oh well.
It looks like a decent deal but it could have been interesting to roll the dice on Cleveland exploding, hoping that James and Love run away.

salwan
02-19-2015, 04:35 PM
well.. he's at least locked up to a decent contract and we needed some off-the-bounce juice in our backcourt.

Derka
02-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Got him for basically nothing, but isn't this the guy who had no interest in being here as a free agent this past summer? :confusedshrug:

bigt
02-19-2015, 05:25 PM
Not who I'd be after personally but considering his contract it's not bad.

Eric Cartman
02-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Wanted him on the Lakers and out of all the teams in the league he ends up in that disgusting franchise :banghead:

Real Men Wear Green
02-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Got him for basically nothing, but isn't this the guy who had no interest in being here as a free agent this past summer? :confusedshrug:
If he didn't want to be here this summer it had to have had a lot to do with Rondo already being here. His opinion could have changed now that he'll get to start at pg.

It does make me wonder what Ainge is thinking in regards to Marcus Smart though.

LiLharvard
02-19-2015, 07:50 PM
It's impossible to figure out what Ainge is doing. Is this more of an entertainment value move for the fans or is Isaiah here to stay. I'm not to familiar with Thomas' game but I liked what he did for those Kings teams but he's more of a jamal crawford type of player and would be suited to a bench role where he can come in and be a quick punch like Thornton. I want Marcus Smart to start he does everything on the court ; hustle plays, defence, 3pt shooting ability and he's a pitbull with a never say die attitude. This is going to hurt his development as a player.

Done_And_Done
02-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Well that experiment fizzled quick in Pheonix. I worry about this dude playing on a losing team because of his chuck /selfish tendencies but he's a heck of a talent. With that said, he can always be flipped for future assets. Not a bad trade for Boston, seeing as how that Cleveland pick likely won't result in a more talented player than IT

ImKobe
02-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Wanted him on the Lakers and out of all the teams in the league he ends up in that disgusting franchise :banghead:

Wonder why Lakers didn't throw Hill or Lin's expiring at Phoenix for him though since they are reportedly willing to throw max dollars at Dragic in the off-season :confusedshrug:

Done_And_Done
02-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Wonder why Lakers didn't throw Hill or Lin's expiring at Phoenix for him though since they are reportedly willing to throw max dollars at Dragic in the off-season :confusedshrug:

Perhaps they were worried that he'd alter the tank?

ImKobe
02-19-2015, 08:13 PM
Perhaps they were worried that he'd alter the tank?

Sending Hill in return would have covered that part...just :facepalm at the FO not doing anything at the deadline to set us up for next year.

IT's contract is pretty good for his production, you could argue he has been better than Dragic this year by looking at the numbers...

Hill + the pick would have done it...fukk Jim Buss.