02-19-2015, 04:30 PM
:roll:

Might wanna shelve Embiid for another year

You Cant Ban Me
02-19-2015, 04:31 PM
15 roster spots....17 draft picks. http://i.imgur.com/aSGGIwE.gif

Bobcats2013
What if the Sixers manage to get Okafor....

Embiid, Okafor, Noel, McGee :biggums:

#TheNewEra

NugzFan
They will be forced to trade some of them.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-19-2015, 04:32 PM
I got tickets to Lakers@Sixers. Gonna be fun watching both teams trying to lose to each other. I don't even understand what the Sixers are trying to do anymore.

Levity
02-19-2015, 04:37 PM
I got tickets to Lakers@Sixers. Gonna be fun watching both teams trying to lose to each other. I don't even understand what the Sixers are trying to do anymore.

It's like the play, "the producers"

they want to be soooo terrible, that people come out and pay to watch them for the lulz.

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 04:37 PM
got a little too trade happy trading KJ McDaniels away..

don't mind the MCW deal but god damn, why trade McDaniels for nothing? He's a solid young two way player

Marchesk
02-19-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't understand trading McDaniels. Dude's got potential.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 04:39 PM
I'm happy. They traded one of the least effiecient players in the league for two first round picks. Mc Daniels wasn't going to resign and w the emergence of Grant he became expendable. If they make something good happen in this years draft then I think they did the right thing.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-19-2015, 04:41 PM
got a little too trade happy trading KJ McDaniels away..

don't mind the MCW deal but god damn, why trade McDaniels for nothing? He's a solid young two way player
Because they got Robert Covington signed cheap for the next 3 or 4 years. K.J. McDaniels is gonna get paid this off-season and Sixers would have lost him for nothing.

Milbuck
02-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Can't wait to incessantly hype the shit out of MCW to make up for all the times I called him terrible. Dude is gonna be a 6'6" J-Kidd.

BasedTom
02-19-2015, 04:45 PM
With the 1st pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 2nd pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 3rd pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 4th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 5th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 6th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 7th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 8th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 9th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 10th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...

You Cant Ban Me
02-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Can't wait to incessantly hype the shit out of MCW to make up for all the times I called him terrible. Dude is gonna be a 6'6" J-Kidd.
you are just the worst type of person http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3013583_o.gif

Milbuck
02-19-2015, 04:46 PM
you are just the worst type of person http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3013583_o.gif
You guys have Embiid, **** you!

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Because they got Robert Covington signed cheap for the next 3 or 4 years. K.J. McDaniels is gonna get paid this off-season and Sixers would have lost him for nothing.
I didn't really like MCW. I didn't like the turnovers and didn't like the decision making and FG%. I liked his D and his length. KJ I liked but he was gone for sure and with the emergence of Grant who is signed already it made no sense to keep him. I assume that they will go after Russell or Mudiay in this draft. I don't know that but I imagine that they are looking for a PG for sure now. Both Russell and Mudiay project to be better than MCW and they are a lot younger. I'm happy. OKC did great I think Phoenix did well and I think Miami made a mistake.

PejaNowitzki
02-19-2015, 04:55 PM
With the 1st pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 2nd pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 3rd pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 4th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 5th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 6th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 7th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 8th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 9th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...
With the 10th pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia Sixers select...

At some point the NBA needs to step in and stop them from trading away all their players like the MLB did to Charlie Finley. :oldlol:

Jailblazers7
02-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Really starting to get the feeling that Hinkie isn't as smart as he thinks he is and the whole strategy is going to blow up in his face.

WallIn
02-19-2015, 04:58 PM
Celtics have 26 picks in the next 5 years

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Really starting to get the feeling that Hinkie isn't as smart as he thinks he is and the whole strategy is going to blow up in his face.
Honestly though, did you think MCW was good? His defense was but he's so inefficient it's laughable. I was not a fan. Two firsts for him? Plus another first w McGee? KJ wasn't going to resign here and how Grant is playing now made them redundant.

ArbitraryWater
02-19-2015, 05:02 PM
BTW, anyone know who playing for Philly right now?

Like, whats their roster?

http://i.gyazo.com/f66ce4ba23bee9989997d8c6be977984.png

lol

edit:

http://i.gyazo.com/65d322737a47d7cd8c6f798be4091b85.png

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-19-2015, 05:09 PM
Honestly though, did you think MCW was good? His defense was but he's so inefficient it's laughable. I was not a fan. Two firsts for him? Plus another first w McGee? KJ wasn't going to resign here and how Grant is playing now made them redundant.
What is the other 1st besides the Lakers pick?

Lebron23
02-19-2015, 05:09 PM
http://wagesofwins.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Larry-Brown-headache.jpg

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:18 PM
What is the other 1st besides the Lakers pick?
I dunno. All the reports first said two firsts. If it's for one pick im still ok w it but not as excited.

Jailblazers7
02-19-2015, 05:32 PM

I understand there is a rationale for everything that is being done but sometimes you just have to put a team together and let the players develop. I understand that Hinkie views everything as assets but I'm starting to feel like that is becoming a weakness to some extent.

And honestly, it's to the point where I'm starting to get pissed because he turned the 76ers into what is basically an expansion team because of a strategy that I'm starting to have serious disagreements with. I'm really starting to get the feeling that Hinkie is going to end up making us eat shit every game for 5 years with no real tangible payoff.

I mean we already had Embiid, MCW, & Noel. And we could have added Okafor, Towns, Russell, or Mudiay with our top 5 pick plus whoever at like 15 when we get the Heat pick.

Embiid
MCW
Noel
Saric
Okafor/Towns/Russell/Mudiay
#15 pick

That's not enough to start at least trying to develop a team on the court instead of jerking off to the draft board again?

I mean it's all good if we end getting the Lakers pick this year (unlikely) but the McGee pick is top-18 protected so we prob won't see that for like 2 more years. There is a point where rebuild needs to transition into the development stage and Hinkie just makes that line blurrier (and further in the future) every time he does a trade.

Jailblazers7
02-19-2015, 05:33 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/f66ce4ba23bee9989997d8c6be977984.png

lol

aka "I'm getting the **** out of here as soon as my rookie deal is up"

oarabbus
02-19-2015, 05:33 PM
I understand there is a rationale for everything that is being done but sometimes you just have to put a team together and let the players develop. I understand that Hinkie views everything as assets but I'm starting to feel like that is becoming a weakness to some extent.

And honestly, it's to the point where I'm starting to get pissed because he turned the 76ers into what is basically an expansion team because of a strategy that I'm starting to have serious disagreements with. I'm really starting to get the feeling that Hinkie is going to end up making us eat shit every game for 5 years with no real tangible payoff.

We have a winner

christian1923
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Hinkies dumbass is going to get fired before any of these moves pan out,

Why trade a proven NBA player for unproven picks.

Hey Yo
02-19-2015, 05:47 PM
BTW, anyone know who playing for Philly right now?

Like, whats their roster?
Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh 3 minutes ago

Stat of the day---> RT @bball_ref: The Sixers don't have a single 5-man unit left that has played over 5 minutes together this season.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:47 PM

I mean we already had Embiid, MCW, & Noel. And we could have added Okafor, Towns, Russell, or Mudiay with our top 5 pick plus whoever at like 15 when we get the Heat pick.

Embiid
MCW
Noel
Saric
Okafor/Towns/Russell/Mudiay
#15 pick

That's not enough to start at least trying to develop a team on the court instead of jerking off to the draft board again?

I mean it's all good if we end getting the Lakers pick this year (unlikely) but the McGee pick is top-18 protected so we prob won't see that for like 2 more years. There is a point where rebuild needs to transition into the development stage and Hinkie just makes that line blurrier (and further in the future) every time he does a trade.
They potentially have four first round picks this year. Prob wont actually be that but they way I see it is that there is something out there that they like and they are going for it. Who knows maybe they make sure they get Mudiay and Johnson or Midiay and KAT. I assume there's a reason for all of this and im
Cool with that. I wasn't into MCW. Both Russell and Mudiay are going to be better than him and they are younger. So I'm not sweating that. I liked his D and his length but that's where it ended for me. If this draft goes by and they don't blow me away, then I'll be pissed. But if you think that they did this randomly I would guess that you're mistaken. I assume they are going to make a push for two good players in this draft. But well just have to wait and see.

christian1923
02-19-2015, 05:50 PM
They potentially have four first round picks this year. Prob wont actually be that but they way I see it is that there is something out there that they like and they are going for it. Who knows maybe they make sure they get Mudiay and Johnson or Midiay and KAT. I assume there's a reason for all of this and im
Cool with that. I wasn't into MCW. Both Russell and Mudiay are going to be better than him and they are younger. So I'm not sweating that. I liked his D and his length but that's where it ended for me. If this draft goes by and they don't blow me away, then I'll be pissed. But if you think that they did this randomly I would guess that you're mistaken. I assume they are going to make a push for two good players in this draft. But well just have to wait and see.

And if they're not, you're screwed. Especially When you already had a point guard with all star potential.

Jailblazers7
02-19-2015, 05:57 PM

I'm not assuming that it's random but I am starting to lose faith in whatever the hell their plan is. Not sure what other pick they are pushing for becuase most of the tradeable assets are future 1sts with protection which is going to be a hard sell if a top prospect is sitting there.

Maybe we get Okafor and package Noel + a 1st for Justice Winslow or something. Or maybe we take Mudiay and trade Noel + a 1st for Willie Caulie Stein (would love this). Sure we are in a decent position come draft night but the problem we might run into is that our accumulated picks are worth less than we had planned because a lot of teams are in some form or stage of a tanking strategy.

But to answer the original question a page or so back...I wasn't in love with MCW but I was on board with him as a future piece. It's hard to judge what he would be like in 3 years on an NBA team instead of the team we have now that might not win a top AAU tournament. The current 76ers are basically the worst possible situation for a guy like MCW. Good passer and defender on a team with zero offensive talent and bad defenders at every other position.

Nash
02-19-2015, 06:01 PM
i'm guessing they are confident they'll land Mudiay to replace mcw

Tmuston Beltics
02-19-2015, 06:02 PM
They are going to trade the players they get from the picks to new picks.