PDA

View Full Version : So OKC got two 3pt snipers, Kanter, and Augustin for Perkins and Jackson?

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 04:35 PM
thats a solid deal folks...

Augustin is a good backup PG who isn't going to whine about coming off the bench, has a history with KD at Texas. Singler and Novak are 3pt shooters that they have been lacking

Kanter is the post presence that they've been lacking, will compete and push Adams to greatness

OKC just became the GOAT team as long as they get a good coach... could be 6+ rings for Durant. God damn. Too bad they have Brooks lo

Budadiiii
02-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Durant was all but gone an hour ago. Now they have potential to be the GOAT team? :lol

Presti and OKC stays winning.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/seinfled.gif

chocolatethunder
Def made the most immediate improvement at the deadline.

Marchesk
Brooks about to ride Durant into the HOF.

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Durant was all but gone an hour ago. Now they have potential to be the GOAT team?

Thats the Kendrick Perkins effect. Shi is crazy

Quickening
02-19-2015, 04:42 PM
Championship or bust

Marchesk
02-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Championship or Washington

FTFY

JerrySeinfeld
Championship or bust

lol thats gotta be the motto now

no one took them seriously before once the PO's rolled around with Perkins in the rotation.

now it's like the air has cleared in OKC, people can leave their homes and shit now, perkins is gone.

them starting roberson makes no sense though

Top Gun
Bow down to Presti!

Bobcats2013
02-19-2015, 04:44 PM
As usual the OKC front office does business.

dunksby
02-19-2015, 04:45 PM
thats a solid deal folks...

Augustin is a good backup PG who isn't going to whine about coming off the bench, has a history with KD at Texas. Singler and Novak are 3pt shooters that they have been lacking

Kanter is the post presence that they've been lacking, will compete and push Adams to greatness

OKC just became the GOAT team as long as they get a good coach... could be 6+ rings for Durant. God damn. Too bad they have Brooks lo
Novak too? :eek: :eek: :eek: :banana: :banana: :banana:

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 04:45 PM
As usual the OKC front office does business.

Miami too.

Both of those teams did some serious WORK at the deadline. Like there's no doubt that they are clear winners.

Other teams, eh, don't really see any trades that you can call ahead of time

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Westbrook/Augustin
Waiters/Morrow
Durant/Singler
Ibaka/McGary
Adams/Kanter

Holy shi how can this team not win it all this year?

All Net
02-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Westbrook/Augustin
Waiters/Morrow
Durant/Singler
Ibaka/McGary
Adams/Kanter

Seedings

they are 9th currently and winning every series without HCA on paper is slim. Not a team you would want as 8th seed but still...will be tough

Beastmode88
02-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Seedings

they are 9th currently and winning every series without HCA on paper is slim.

suns without dragic are number 8 atm. and i think davis is still out. :confusedshrug:

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 04:51 PM
they basically retooled their team to build around Westbrook instead of Durant... that is so cool.

Added a post presence, two snipers, and now time for Westbrook to take over with Morrow/Durant/Singler/Novak on the wing spots and Adams/Kanter/Ibaka inside.... Westbrook could become a GOAT candidate by the end of the year if he goes on another insane playoff run....

3peated
02-19-2015, 04:54 PM
good for okc...but why would detroit trade dj? he was doing so well for them...damn.... i thought they wanted to win this year

JerrySeinfeld
02-19-2015, 04:56 PM
if westbrook goes on to win finals mvp this year he will have gone from 2 years ago to having media analysts legit saying that he was DONE after three knee surgeries to being the best player in the game.... imagine that on a highlight reel... starting it off with ****** saying you is done, then going on to shred the league

I don't know how he did it man.. watching the all star game I was like what how is he doing this after all them setbacks, it's like he doesn't even care about any outside pressure... has that mamba mentality...

TylerOO
02-19-2015, 04:59 PM
No excuses, Kevin.

KG215
02-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Seedings

they are 9th currently and winning every series without HCA on paper is slim. Not a team you would want as 8th seed but still...will be tough
This. On paper the team looks great and the pieces appear to be a solid fit; but people can't overlook the fact that this season OKC will probably move up to no higher than 7th or 8th in the West. Having to go into any and every potential series (if they keep advancing) without HCA is a big burden. Especially if they get the 8-seed and have to play the Warriors in Oracle potentially four times in seven games.

KG215
02-19-2015, 05:16 PM
On another note, I'm really glad Presti weighed all of his options before accepting the Brook Lopez deal. I'm not sure what else they could've or would've gotten in that deal if a third team got involved, but I'm not sure it would've been better than getting a good young center in Kanter, a very solid backup PG, and a legit backup SF (instead of a smallish SG to fill the backup SF minutes) which is something they've needed for a few years, now.

swagga
02-19-2015, 05:18 PM
This. On paper the team looks great and the pieces appear to be a solid fit; but people can't overlook the fact that this season OKC will probably move up to no higher than 7th or 8th in the West. Having to go into any and every potential series (if they keep advancing) without HCA is a big burden. Especially if they get the 8-seed and have to play the Warriors in Oracle potentially four times in seven games.

don't know about that. they have little experience in the front court besides ibaka, and this is usually punished really hard in the playoffs.don't be surprised if they'll have problems staying out of foul trouble.

dunksby
02-19-2015, 05:21 PM
On another note, I'm really glad Presti weighed all of his options before accepting the Brook Lopez deal. I'm not sure what else they could've or would've gotten in that deal if a third team got involved, but I'm not sure it would've been better than getting a good young center in Kanter, a very solid backup PG, and a legit backup SF (instead of a smallish SG to fill the backup SF minutes) which is something they've needed for a few years, now.
The moment I caught wind of Kanter asking for a trade, I knew Presti was going to get him, young and promising is what Presti prefers over all.

KG215
02-19-2015, 05:24 PM
don't know about that. they have little experience in the front court besides ibaka, and this is usually punished really hard in the playoffs.don't be surprised if they'll have problems staying out of foul trouble.
True. That was my initial concern in Presti choosing Kanter over Lopez. We've still got Collison's veteran presence in the frontcourt but, if all goes to plan, he'd get the fewest minutes between he, Ibaka, Adams, Kanter, and McGary. Ibaka is only 25 but has plenty of playoff experience; Adams is only 21; Kanter s only 22; and McGary is only 22. That is a little worrisome if OKC makes the playoffs. Basically our entire frontcourt rotation is VERY young.

KDthunderup
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
How the **** did Presti pull this off? I would of been happy enough with this deal if we didn't even get Kanter included but somehow we have gone from having the most dismal centre rotation two years ago to one of the most exciting.

JT123
02-19-2015, 05:49 PM
if westbrook goes on to win finals mvp this year he will have gone from 2 years ago to having media analysts legit saying that he was DONE after three knee surgeries to being the best player in the game.... imagine that on a highlight reel... starting it off with ****** saying you is done, then going on to shred the league

I don't know how he did it man.. watching the all star game I was like what how is he doing this after all them setbacks, it's like he doesn't even care about any outside pressure... has that mamba mentality...
Simon :facepalm

Velocirap31
02-19-2015, 05:50 PM
OKC needs to get these new guys on a plane quick. They've got a game tonight.

Dro
02-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Yeah, they got a nice squad. If they can get the chemistry together which shouldn't be hard, all of the guys they got are role players and should be able to fit right in. If they make the playoffs, I give them as good a chance as anybody....with or without Scott Brooks...

dazzer87
02-19-2015, 05:57 PM
So we shouldve hear anymore excuses from okc fans now?

CP343
02-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Thunder are stacked now.

Eric Cartman
02-19-2015, 06:01 PM
For Detroit, this is similar to what Phoenix did acquiring Bledsoe.

For OKC, man, they are stacked to the ****ing teeth.

Hey Yo
02-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 4 minutes ago

Utah's haul for Kanter: protected future 1st from OKC, Kendrick Perkins, Grant Jerrett, rights to Tibor Pleiss, Detroit 2nd rounder

buddha
02-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Russell Westbrook / DJ Augustin / Ish Smith
Andre Roberson / Dion Waiters / Anthony Morrow / Jeremy Lamb
Kevin Durant / Kyle Singler / Perry Jones
Serge Ibaka / Nick Collison / Mitch McGary
Enes Kanter / Steven Adams

OKC needs to move one of those SG's for a backup big or a pick or something.

Demitri98
02-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Westbrook/Augustin
Waiters/Morrow
Durant/Singler
Ibaka/McGary
Adams/Kanter

Westbrook/Augustin/Smith
Waiters/Roberson/Morrow
Durant/Singler/PJ3
Ibaka/McGary/Collison
Adams/Kanter/Collison

:rockon:

NattyPButter
02-19-2015, 06:32 PM
the question is are they going to pay Kanter or be cheap asses? Kanter is going to also want a starting spot too. That floor is going to be so spread with 3pt shooters with Kanter who can also hit the 3.

#number6ix#
02-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Damn OKC bout to win that chip...

I would put morrow, singler , Novak, kd, and Kanter on the floor together and just rain 3s

ImKobe
02-19-2015, 06:56 PM
lol thats gotta be the motto now

no one took them seriously before once the PO's rolled around with Perkins in the rotation.

now it's like the air has cleared in OKC, people can leave their homes and shit now, perkins is gone.

them starting roberson makes no sense though

Defense...they got enough O with their starting unit.

Fudge
02-19-2015, 06:57 PM
We stay winning.

DMAVS41
02-19-2015, 07:17 PM

Finally a great move by Presti after completely botching last year...

I still don't love Waiters on this team, but this is more than enough to win it all potentially this year and down the road if Durant really is as good as we all think he is.

Next move really has to be getting rid of Brooks if they don't win this year.

dabigbaws
02-19-2015, 07:23 PM
If we get a competent coach we ain't losing a game nikkas

Good riddance to reggie :banana: :banana: