PDA

View Full Version : The Sixers just did MCW dirty.

Springsteen
02-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Former ROY and this guy seemed so trustful and committed to being a piece of the core of the Sixers' rebuilding project. And what does Hinike do? Flip him for a first rounder who will be just as raw as him IF THEY EVEN KEEP THE PICK. Was his scoring efficient? Hell no. But it's his second year in the league and he's already a solid passer and defender, and he was one of the only decent players on a roster full of scrubs, meaning he had to take an unnecessary offensive load.

Is Hinike going to trade Noe for a couple of first roundersl if he doesn't become a Patrick Ewing by his third year? I'm not even a Sixers fan but this move just screams bad omens.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Let's not forget the Sixers traded Elfrid Payton to prove its loyalty towards MCW.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Former ROY and this guy seemed so trustful and committed to being a piece of the core of the Sixers' rebuilding project. And what does Hinike do? Flip him for a first rounder who will be just as raw as him IF THEY EVEN KEEP THE PICK. Was his scoring efficient? Hell no. But it's his second year in the league and he's already a solid passer and defender, and he was one of the only decent players on a roster full of scrubs, meaning he had to take an unnecessary offensive load.

Is Hinike going to trade Noe for a couple of first roundersl if he doesn't become a Patrick Ewing by his third year? I'm not even a Sixers fan but this move just screams bad omens.
No one got done dirty. He is an inefficient player and I assume he wasn't developing the way they had hoped and they were offered two firsts for him and took the deal. He gets to go to a team stacked with talent that is on this rise and will be in the playoffs this year and for several more to come. He now gets to play w Giannis and next year Parker so no he didn't get done dirty. It worked out great for everyone.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Let's not forget the Sixers traded Elfrid Payton to prove its loyalty towards MCW.
No they didn't, they traded Elfrid Payton because they knew Orlando wanted him and they got a pick back for him.

R.I.P.
02-19-2015, 05:15 PM
Dirty? He doesn

Lebron23
02-19-2015, 05:16 PM

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2014/12/Emmanuel-Mudiay-Philadelphia-76ers.jpg

They are planning to Draft 18 yrs.old phenom Emmanuel "God is with us" Mudiay. Mudiay > MCW.

NoGunzJustSkillz
No they didn't, they traded Elfrid Payton because they knew Orlando wanted him and they got a pick back for him.
All I remember is MCW nearly in tears after Payton was acquired then poof Elfrid was on his way to Orlando.

Duderonomy
Not at all if MCW is going to be a future allstar or serviceable starter ,Jason Kidd is the right guy to teach him. Plus he will make the playoffs.

Genaro
02-19-2015, 05:17 PM
It's a business. Anybody can be replaced if they are not meeting the office's expectations.
MCW is incredible TO prone and has a broken jumper, they got Lakers pick and now he gets to play for a playoff team he won

Lebron23
02-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Mudiay (1996)-Embiid (1994)-Noel (1994) is a much better core.

RightTwoCensor
02-19-2015, 05:18 PM
They are planning to Draft 18 yrs.old phenom Emmanuel "God is with us" Mudiay. Mudiay > MCW.
It's hilarious that you think you're groundbreaking with this prediction.

Hold this L, yin yang twin.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Sixers are 4-4 the last 8 games. That's why MCW was moved. Team was playing too hard the last month. Simple as that.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:27 PM
All I remember is MCW nearly in tears after Payton was acquired then poof Elfrid was on his way to Orlando.
Yeah but the deal had nothing to do with him crying. That was Hinkie drafting the best player available who they didn't even want and turning him into Saric who they did want and getting a first back with him. Hinkie doesn't tell anyone anything and they weren't telling MCW what they were doing.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Sixers are 4-4 the last 8 games. That's why MCW was moved. Team was playing too hard the last month. Simple as that.
MCW didn't even play all of those games.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Mudiay (1996)-Embiid (1994)-Noel (1994) is a much better core.
Exaclty. Mudiay and Russel are interchangeable.

BuffaloBill
02-19-2015, 05:28 PM

DNP - positive impact

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Even more incentive for them to ship his ass out. I'm just a salty Lakers fan who knows Sixers are gonna pass the Lakers in the lose column, let me vent for ****ssake.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 05:31 PM
DNP - positive impact
Yes. That kid they had in on a 10 day who was from Penn State was starting. He was actually getting a ton of assists haha

AI09
02-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Sixers have 4 potential 1rst round picks this draft 3 of them possible lottery picks
Thier own 1-5 pick
Lakers top 5 protected
Heat top 10 protected
OKC top 18 protected
plus a handful of 2nd rounders
alot of potential there

AI09
02-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Yes. That kid they had in on a 10 day who was from Penn State was starting. He was actually getting a ton of assists haha

Tim Fraizer deserved a 2nd 10 day contract maybe they will call him up again he did well couldn't score for shit tho

Canaan/??
Hollis Thompson/JaKarr Sampson
Covington/Grant
Luc Mbah a Moute/ Furkan Aldemir/ Malcolm Thomas
Nerlens Noel/ Henry Sims

Injured
Embiid
Wroten
Jrich
Javale Mcgee
Kirilenko

That's a top 3 draft pick team gaurenteed

BigMacAttack
02-19-2015, 05:57 PM
If I was MCW i'd be stoked to get the **** out of Philly.

GOBB
02-19-2015, 06:01 PM
MCW did Sixers dirty by shooting FT's like Shaq.

Dro
02-19-2015, 06:04 PM
No one got done dirty. He is an inefficient player and I assume he wasn't developing the way they had hoped and they were offered two firsts for him and took the deal. He gets to go to a team stacked with talent that is on this rise and will be in the playoffs this year and for several more to come. He now gets to play w Giannis and next year Parker so no he didn't get done dirty. It worked out great for everyone.
This. I bet he's pretty happy to be in Milwaukee...They already had a good team and now they're even better...

Real Men Wear Green
02-19-2015, 06:13 PM
I don't see how this is a bad thing for MCW unless he had some kind of attachment to Philly. No competitor at any level could have enjoyed all that losing and Milwaukee has some great talents in his age range in Antetokuonpo and Parker. That could be the nucleus of a strong EC contender in coming years and unlike Philly they're a respectable team right now. Plus Stephen A Smith will now leave him alone.

Lebron23
02-19-2015, 06:15 PM

Vintage Gobb here.

swagga
02-19-2015, 06:15 PM
this is just a shame.
they'll get tons of talent and no veterans to guide them and help them grow. This is actually really bad imo and it has a really high chance of blowing in their face with alot of malcontent youth being underused/underdeveloped.

LOL javale mcgee teaching your bigs about the NBA.
- "niggga see that ring thingy tied to da backboard, you gots to put da ball in it doe."
- "Vet tip: look at your point guard if you gon get confused bout da direction of offense. He gonna know cuz he smart"
- "Vet tip 2: when u see a lil niggga tryina do a floater u start to jump 2 blk da ball when u see ball up high in da sky and u smack dat like its hot. Sometime referee get mad at me and call goaltending 4 no reason. Note to self: need 2 ask coach 2 explain dis thang again"
- "if u see a defenda tryina take a charge u charge thru him to show him who is da boss, cuz you da bigmane and u knows no fear"
- "when u is going 4 da defensive board u need 2 look at ball, it don't matter where ur man at. sometime coach mad bout dis, mommy tells me somethang but boxin out but i ain't boxin nobody cuz da ref gon give a tech"
- "if u a gud playa u get ur own section on ESPN, shaq n barkly always talk bout my plays"
- "u needs to work on ur handle as a bigmane cuz u den run da break liek lebron and sometime they even compeer u 2 legends liek tragic bronson"
- "if u gettin position on da block u needs to watch out 4 deez lil guards cuz they closer 2 da ground den u and they be gud at balance and shiet"

Godzuki
02-19-2015, 07:02 PM
philly is such a bad organization. i mean the amount of lottery picks they've had, amount of trading away, and ending up with shitty teams. now they trade away the one guy on their entire roster that had game. its not even like they can be good in the next few years either, that roster is horrible.

$LakerGold
02-19-2015, 07:13 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2014/12/Emmanuel-Mudiay-Philadelphia-76ers.jpg

Care to share his date of birth also?

outbreak
02-19-2015, 07:14 PM
MCW was always being moved, he knew this. They've been trying to trade him for 2 years now while he looked good, on a decent team he will look mediocre.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Tim Fraizer deserved a 2nd 10 day contract maybe they will call him up again he did well couldn't score for shit tho

Canaan/??
Covington/Grant
Nerlens Noel/ Henry Sims

Injured
Embiid
Wroten
Jrich
Javale Mcgee
Kirilenko

Ok foreal the Sixers played better without MCW. The ball moved better.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 07:16 PM
philly is such a bad organization. i mean the amount of lottery picks they've had, amount of trading away, and ending up with shitty teams. now they trade away the one guy on their entire roster that had game. its not even like they can be good in the next few years either, that roster is horrible.

What exactly are you talking about? This front office is correcting all the fvck ups of the previous two regimes. Please tell me about all their great lottery picks that they traded away.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 07:16 PM
you know I'm not mad

ImKobe
02-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Call me crazy but MCW will thrive under Kidd, this is a great move for his future to learn the game under one of the most talented playmakers of all-time, who had a similar skillset to him when he entered the league.

Look at Kidd's numbers before getting traded to PHX, he was a better playmaker but his shot was lacking as well and he wasn't a very productive offensive player until he gained enough experience and got the right team around him.

Bucks lowkey got themselves a steal in this trade, that MCW-Jabari-Giannis core :lebronamazed:

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 07:30 PM

Canaan/??
Covington/Grant
Nerlens Noel/ Henry Sims

Injured
Embiid
Wroten
Jrich
Javale Mcgee
Kirilenko

They are resigning Frazier today to another 10 day haha I swear. Just read that.

Done_And_Done
02-19-2015, 07:33 PM
This trade is beneficial for all parties. As a player (especially one without tenure) you have to be prepared for something like this. It's not enjoyable for many, but it comes with the profession.

Akhenaten
02-19-2015, 07:41 PM
McW?

shieet, Brandon knight the one who REALLY got f'ed over

christian1923
02-19-2015, 07:42 PM
What exactly are you talking about? This front office is correcting all the fvck ups of the previous two regimes. Please tell me about all their great lottery picks that they traded away.
Jrue Holliday & MCW

Dro
02-19-2015, 07:42 PM
this is just a shame.
they'll get tons of talent and no veterans to guide them and help them grow. This is actually really bad imo and it has a really high chance of blowing in their face with alot of malcontent youth being underused/underdeveloped.

LOL javale mcgee teaching your bigs about the NBA.
- "niggga see that ring thingy tied to da backboard, you gots to put da ball in it doe."
- "Vet tip: look at your point guard if you gon get confused bout da direction of offense. He gonna know cuz he smart"
- "Vet tip 2: when u see a lil niggga tryina do a floater u start to jump 2 blk da ball when u see ball up high in da sky and u smack dat like its hot. Sometime referee get mad at me and call goaltending 4 no reason. Note to self: need 2 ask coach 2 explain dis thang again"
- "if u see a defenda tryina take a charge u charge thru him to show him who is da boss, cuz you da bigmane and u knows no fear"
- "when u is going 4 da defensive board u need 2 look at ball, it don't matter where ur man at. sometime coach mad bout dis, mommy tells me somethang but boxin out but i ain't boxin nobody cuz da ref gon give a tech"
- "if u a gud playa u get ur own section on ESPN, shaq n barkly always talk bout my plays"
- "u needs to work on ur handle as a bigmane cuz u den run da break liek lebron and sometime they even compeer u 2 legends liek tragic bronson"
- "if u gettin position on da block u needs to watch out 4 deez lil guards cuz they closer 2 da ground den u and they be gud at balance and shiet"
:roll: :applause:

GOBB
02-19-2015, 07:44 PM

Dont even mind him. He doesn't know much about basketball. He spends his time on ISH in the off court forum posting tmz articles, race baiting, lying about his offline life. When it comes to basketball he rarely pops his head into this section of the forum. And when you confront, challenge his posts he struggles to back them up. He will disappear unless you insult him as he has nothing better to do than go back and forth that way then do so in a bball related manner.

I know I know I used to do similar things but hey I would talk bball while insulting in a comedic gold way. Make good points while entertaining people. :oldlol:

So we are getting Tim Frazier back? That dude Aldemir needs to earn his keep. If he's not going to play do some community service or some shit. Paying you $3mil to watch. I know he's battled the foot injury and has been lost trying to fit in. But I'm just saying, probably the only Hinkie move I question. And Malcolm Thomas is still on this team? Jesus Christ I cant keep up with the end roster of this team

sportsfan76
02-19-2015, 07:45 PM

I told yall mutherf*ckers last season he had 3 flaws

1. No jumpshot

2. No handle

3. Turnover Prone

So that is why he is gone,

HOLLA:rockon:

sportsfan76
02-19-2015, 08:44 PM
If I was MCW i'd be stoked to get the **** out of Philly.

But he not GOOD doe:banana:

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Jrue Holliday & MCW
They didn't draft Jrue the previous regime did and he wasn't a lottery pick.

hateraid
02-19-2015, 10:29 PM
MCW still plays for the Sixers. His real name is Tony Wroten and he's injured

miggyme1
02-19-2015, 10:32 PM
actually its a great move for MCW. He is now playing for a franchise with a bright future and great direction and thats already competing for a playoff spot. I dont see the sixers making the playoffs until maybe......MAYBE 2018.

He is gonna learn under a future hall of famer in kidd. Great place for him to grow....small media market so no distractions outside of hooping. PERFECT

chocolatethunder
02-19-2015, 10:45 PM
MCW still plays for the Sixers. His real name is Tony Wroten and he's injured
:roll:

hateraid
02-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Lol, you know he's my boy! We got to have our cake and eat it too!

GOBB
02-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Good one hateraid. :oldlol:

actually its a great move for MCW. He is now playing for a franchise with a bright future and great direction and thats already competing for a playoff spot. I dont see the sixers making the playoffs until maybe......MAYBE 2018.

He is gonna learn under a future hall of famer in kidd. Great place for him to grow....small media market so no distractions outside of hooping. PERFECT

Kidd surely aint gonna teach MCW how to shoot that's for sure.

hateraid
02-19-2015, 10:56 PM
Good one hateraid. :oldlol:
They're carbon copies! We got the cheaper more eccentric version

Milbuck
02-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Kidd surely aint gonna teach MCW how to shoot that's for sure.
Meaningless statement is meaningless. If you don't think Kidd could be a huge positive influence on MCW's development you're delusional. Just because he struggled on your zero talent zero direction team doesn't mean he's going to struggle just as much on a team with actual NBA talent throughout the roster, with a HOF PG coach.

mehyaM24
02-19-2015, 11:00 PM
when are the sixers gonna contend? having them in "thick of things" is good for the league, and eastern conference in general.

Droid101
02-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Holy shit today is clowny as hell.

GOBB
02-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Meaningless statement is meaningless. If you don't think Kidd could be a huge positive influence on MCW's development you're delusional. Just because he struggled on your zero talent zero direction team doesn't mean he's going to struggle just as much on a team with actual NBA talent throughout the roster, with a HOF PG coach.

MCW cant shoot 3's.
MCW cant shoot off the dribble.
MCW cant catch and shoot
MCW cant shoot coming off screens
MCW cant shoot Free Throws.

These things are nothing new. They existed last season as well (he's actually worse this year). And they existed when he played at Syracuse. He's 23 years old and the knocks on MCW his first year at Syracuse are the same knocks in MCW second season which is half way complete. He's shown no signs of improvement. In fact one could argue he has shown a regression. His efficiency is terrible. Wouldnt be shocked if he was the worst among PGs or guards in general. How is Jason Kidd going to help him here? Ask him to shoot more?

His decision making is still the same, no improvement there either. Can Kidd talk to him about being a PG? What he needs to do? What to watch in video sessions studying defenses? Sure, but to think this hasn't been a focus under Brett Brown who developed Tony Parker is funny. But hey Kidd = HOF PG so he has a better chance at developing him than anyone else. Ok. Same Kidd who wanted Giannis at PG right? We saw how that worked out. Point forward my ass.

Nothing is meaningless with what I said or other Sixers have said like chocthunder. You are just a delusional nitwit that will now talk up MCW thinking Kidd will make him a better PG. But I'm interested to see how he responds playing with some of the Bucks talent. His shooting woes I dont ever see being improved. He may be a better play maker than he has shown.

All I know is I rather go with younger players with more upside like Russell or Mudiay than MCW who could very well be what you see is what you get.

Milbuck
02-19-2015, 11:19 PM
MCW cant shoot 3's.
MCW cant shoot off the dribble.
MCW cant catch and shoot
MCW cant shoot coming off screens
MCW cant shoot Free Throws.

These things are nothing new. They existed last season as well (he's actually worse this year). And they existed when he played at Syracuse. He's 23 years old and the knocks on MCW his first year at Syracuse are the same knocks in MCW second season which is half way complete. He's shown no signs of improvement. In fact one could argue he has shown a regression. His efficiency is terrible. Wouldnt be shocked if he was the worst among PGs or guards in general. How is Jason Kidd going to help him here? Ask him to shoot more?

His decision making is still the same, no improvement there either. Can Kidd talk to him about being a PG? What he needs to do? What to watch in video sessions studying defenses? Sure, but to think this hasn't been a focus under Brett Brown who developed Tony Parker is funny. But hey Kidd = HOF PG so he has a better chance at developing him than anyone else. Ok. Same Kidd who wanted Giannis at PG right? We saw how that worked out. Point forward my ass.

Nothing is meaningless with what I said or other Sixers have said like chocthunder. You are just a delusional nitwit that will now talk up MCW thinking Kidd will make him a better PG. But I'm interested to see how he responds playing with some of the Bucks talent. His shooting woes I dont ever see being improved. He may be a better play maker than he has shown.

All I know is I rather go with younger players with more upside like Russell or Mudiay than MCW who could very well be what you see is what you get.
And since when does your situation not play a role in your development? Kidd is a master motivator, communicator, he relates to players and gets everything he can out of them. No one could've predicted that Jared ****ing Dudley would be a key contributor on this team, but he is..Kidd has gotten this team's morale and mental approach to the game on a complete 360 from last year. MCW isn't gonna turn into Nash overnight but I would not be surprised if Kidd's influence on him guides him to bust his ass this season and this summer working on that shot.

Seriously you're clueless if you think there's ZERO difference between the garbage ass situation he was in in Philly, and what's getting into with MKE. Kidd has had a phenomenal track record of leadership, motivating, etc. There's a very good reason we're on pace to improve by 31 wins, and it's Kidd.

Also, the impact of having offensively talented teammates around you cannot be overstated. He'll be playing with a roster 10+ deep filled with legit NBA guys. Teams will not be able to lock in on him at all times because they'll get torched by our shooters like Middleton, Mayo, Bayless, Dudley, etc and Giannis' driving. MCW is gonna have so much pressure off him I find it incredibly hard to believe he's gonna be 1) chucking and 2) shooting as terribly as he did before. He'll be getting way way better looks constantly.

Also lmfao at you bringing up the Giannis at PG experiment as a knock against Kidd. It was a dumb media gimmick but the reality is Giannis truly is a point forward going forward. You haven't watched more than 5 minutes of our games so don't pretend you're aware of the situation. He's undoubtedly the 2nd best passer on the team (behind Marshall before he was traded) and there's been games where he's singlehandedly lifted our offense by his playmaking.

veilside23
02-19-2015, 11:37 PM
LoL at people who think's MCW wont get better playing with the bucks and under kidd... his number's were atrocious i understand but dude can be efficient enough i know it may not make huge difference but wall wasnt a good jump shooter but he has improved so i dont see any reason why MCW's shooting wont improve in time.

GOBB
02-19-2015, 11:44 PM
LoL at people who think's MCW wont get better playing with the bucks and under kidd... his number's were atrocious i understand but dude can be efficient enough i know it may not make huge difference but wall wasnt a good jump shooter but he has improved so i dont see any reason why MCW's shooting wont improve in time.

Same was said about Rondo. And he improved...wait a second :no:

GoRapz
02-20-2015, 12:20 AM
If I was MCW i'd be thrilled to be going to Milwaukee. Much better situation there than being in Philly. Can't wait to see what Kidd can do with MCW. Brandon Knight is having a career year and I think Kidd deserves a lot of credit for that.

Springsteen
02-20-2015, 03:07 AM

You'll have to excuse me if you sound a little deluded. A little bit like you're talking yourself into this trade.

What happens if Mudiay turns out as inefficient as MCW his first 1 1/2 seasons? Is Hinike gonna trade him too? Flip him for another few first rounders? It'll be another steal by Hinike right? Just gotta wait for that next big thing to get drafted by Philly, this time for sure...

Are you really content with this? What if the Sixers don't even GET Muiday? Have you wondered that? What is it gonna take for the Sixers to just let their young core play it out and start putting some vets around them? At this point it's going to be harder to even convince those vets to come, considering the tarnished reputation they have around the league. While I originally was for Hinike's rebuilding project, this trade just dampens my faith in it. Philly is not a small market by any means, they shouldn't be taking two steps back like this.

The FO of the Sixers is a disgrace to dedicated fans like you and the NBA in general.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-PllmwCEAEGvxQ.jpg

bluechox2
02-20-2015, 03:15 AM
people saying it was a good deal...i dont see it...brandon knight was a better all round player and young...theres no compareing the 2...i think jkidd wanted knight out or something wasnt right there

AI09
02-20-2015, 03:26 AM
people saying it was a good deal...i dont see it...brandon knight was a better all round player and young...theres no compareing the 2...i think jkidd wanted knight out or something wasnt right there

i dont think thats the case at all. They dont want to pay Knight in free agency, hes going to get a huge contract this off season and they fear the situation might get ugly like the pistons/monroe contract dispute. Doesnt suprise me they did the same thing with Jennings didnt want to pay him so traded him for a young pg on a rookie contract.

Milbuck
02-20-2015, 03:38 AM
Knight's numbers are way overrated and he is not a PG whatsoever. If we locked in an undersized SG to be our PG of the future..at 13-14 mil a year..the upside of our time would be severely limited.

MCW is just as young, and he's actually a point guard. His shooting is trash but if there is anyone who can help work around that it's Kidd.

Then we got a backup C in Plumlee to help our destroyed frontline. Plus we got another untested PG in Ennis, who I think is the wild card in this trade. Dude is only 20 and was buried beneath Bledsoe, Dragic, IT, etc in PHX and never got his shot to develop.

coin24
02-20-2015, 03:47 AM
Even if the 76ers can by some miracle land a franchise player in the draft, they're giving away all the young talent they're getting for more picks and the ones that do stay aren't developing properly.
It's a losing culture, no vets, no direction.

The league should stop sharing revenue money with these scum.

Springsteen
02-20-2015, 03:51 AM
Even if the 76ers can by some miracle land a franchise player in the draft, they're giving away all the young talent they're getting for more picks and the ones that do stay aren't developing properly.

Exactly. The FO has invested all these analytics and moves into strategically sucking ass this season and yet the Knicks who decided to tank halfway through the season somehow have a worse record than them. This is getting out of hand.

SwishSquared
02-20-2015, 04:05 AM

It was very likely that they were gonna lose KJ McDaniels in FA, even with ability to match. His play has tailed off since November. He's an inconsistent rookie, which is to be expected. He's however chasing a deal worth that of a lotto pick until he can hit UFA. Past couple months some stuff happened where it looked like he'd rather be in a different situation, be it financially or on a different team. He now has a shot to prove his worth on a Rockets team with hopes of a deep playoff run. I don't necessarily agree with trading him, but quite honestly he's been outplayed by Covington, and as of late, Grant. They got a pick that'll be ~37 and a (likely) backup PG who can at least hit 3s.

KJ's a great defender from 0-15 feet for his size. Further out, he's regressed to point where guys are shooting normal averages against him. They were shooting below their averages against him like first 6 weeks of season. It could be argued he's playing outside his role in hopes of chasing more $$$ and not executing team principles.

I don't think most people had an issue with that MCW trade. Granted, it's hard playing with D-League level talent, but he had inflated stats last year imo and his biggest weaknesses haven't improved much, though his team D has gotten better. He's in a better situation for him in MIL where they're playing to make postseason noise. If anything, Philly may have helped his career arc now by putting him on a team that may better suit him long term (it's constantly been said he won't fit great with Embiid). Besides, that LAL could be top 10 next year if they strike out in FA and don't have sufficient internal development to make big strides (assuming it won't convey this draft).

By the way, a lot of the guys on the team have improved compared to beginning of season. Brett Brown's doing a pretty good job with low level talent.

My biggest complaint though for Philly was not forcing its way into the Utah-Detroit-OKC trade to get those OKC pick protections dropped to lotto protected for '15. Could have sent AK-47s contract to Utah and absorbed/bought-out Perkins + Novak. Would put them over salary floor, they'd still have plenty cap space this summer, and would basically guarantee having 3 first round picks (all in top 20). This draft is shaping up to be good and they have could have gotten another good complementary, 2-way piece.

Heavincent
02-20-2015, 04:24 AM
It seems like a pointless trade to me. MCW is a massive PG with a ton of potential. Why trade him? Just to tank even more?

Sooner or later, teams like Orlando and Philly need to quit tanking and actually make an attempt at being competitive. Yes, mediocrity is often a necessary stepping stone between a garbage lottery team and title contender. I don't know why teams are so afraid of being a lower playoff seed.

Heavincent
02-20-2015, 04:30 AM
Great trade for the Bucks btw. MCW, Giannis, and Parker (sucks that he got hurt) could potentially be a pretty nice core.

Never thought I would say this, but I might check out some Bucks games. I kind of like their team.

KNOW1EDGE
02-20-2015, 04:33 AM
Philly did him a favor wtf u talmbout OP?

I'm sure he was surprised, but he just got with a much better team, a much smarter front office, a way better coach etc etc

GOBB
02-20-2015, 08:49 AM
You guys are clueless when it comes to MCW, his potential and the Sixers. Sixers will finish the season bottom 2-3 record wise. The chances they don't get Russell and Mudiay are about as likely as MCW finding a jumper in Milw

Milbuck
02-20-2015, 09:16 AM
You guys are clueless when it comes to MCW, his potential and the Sixers. Sixers will finish the season bottom 2-3 record wise. The chances they don't get Russell and Mudiay are about as likely as MCW finding a jumper in Milw
You can keep recycling this bullshit as if it matters, but it doesn't. MCW is a terrible shooter right now..we get it. But the thing that you fail to grasp is that it's highly unlike he STAYS a terrible shooter because 1) he's surrounded by quality players, not garbage D-leaguers that let the defenses focus entirely on him 2) he has a coach who knows how to coach PGs, motivate and develop young players 3) a smart office that will know how to build around him.

Just because Philly right now is developmental hell for young players, where prospects go to die, doesn't mean everywhere else is like that. Milwaukee is a WAY better situation for a developing young player, and you'll see the effects soon. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

JohnFreeman
02-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Remember that the Bucks coach was a pretty good point guard, who also couldn't shoot

tanks1
02-20-2015, 09:21 AM
Remember that the Bucks coach was a pretty good point guard, who also couldn't shoot

Sixer fan here: I'm going to miss MCW. Jason Kidd will have a huge influence on MCW. His shot will improve , no doubt.

HylianNightmare
02-20-2015, 09:23 AM
He will be better off long term in Milwaukee

AI09
02-20-2015, 09:50 AM
You can keep recycling this bullshit as if it matters, but it doesn't. MCW is a terrible shooter right now..we get it. But the thing that you fail to grasp is that it's highly unlike he STAYS a terrible shooter because 1) he's surrounded by quality players, not garbage D-leaguers that let the defenses focus entirely on him 2) he has a coach who knows how to coach PGs, motivate and develop young players 3) a smart office that will know how to build around him.

Just because Philly right now is developmental hell for young players, where prospects go to die, doesn't mean everywhere else is like that. Milwaukee is a WAY better situation for a developing young player, and you'll see the effects soon. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

This is the same Damn argument you two have every month it's funny as hell the roles are reversed now usually your the one bashing MCW and GOBB saw all his faults but still defended him to an extent it would be even funnier if the Greek freak some how down the road ends up in philly GOBB will praise him and you will bash him lol

longtime lurker
02-20-2015, 10:33 AM

This. Losing culture is one of the worst things an organization can do. Free agents will avoid them like the plague and no one will trust Heinke to keep his word.

GOBB
02-20-2015, 11:46 AM

Build around him? :roll: if ur franchise builds around MCW and not parker/Greek freak then your franchise is doomed. I can't believe u typed that nonsense. You're an idiot.

Evan Turner still looking for his jumper. Hasn't found it. So sad

Charlie Sheen
02-20-2015, 12:01 PM
This. Losing culture is one of the worst things an organization can do. Free agents will avoid them like the plague and no one will trust Heinke to keep his word.

Doubt it. No one is gonna care about how many games the sixers lost the last 3 seasons if one of these picks nets them a star.

Jailblazers7
02-20-2015, 12:23 PM
If we were to pair a pick + Noel and end up getting Russell/Mudiay & Willie Cauly-Stein somehow I will be extremely happy.

I would love to see a core of Russell, WCS, & Embiid moving forward.

2016 is probably when things really get moving because we will have this years pick, Embiid, Saric, Noel, 2016 top 5 pick, and the Lakers pick all on the team (hopefully). But at some point I want to actually see some talent on the ****ing court.

GOBB
02-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Doubt it. No one is gonna care about how many games the sixers lost the last 3 seasons if one of these picks nets them a star.

Exactly

chocolatethunder
02-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Knight's numbers are way overrated and he is not a PG whatsoever. If we locked in an undersized SG to be our PG of the future..at 13-14 mil a year..the upside of our time would be severely limited.

MCW is just as young, and he's actually a point guard. His shooting is trash but if there is anyone who can help work around that it's Kidd.

Then we got a backup C in Plumlee to help our destroyed frontline. Plus we got another untested PG in Ennis, who I think is the wild card in this trade. Dude is only 20 and was buried beneath Bledsoe, Dragic, IT, etc in PHX and never got his shot to develop.
MCW shoots way too much. Just you wait. He's not very pass first and unlike other not very pass first PG, he's not a good scorer. His shooting hasn't improved and it's not going to.

swagga
02-20-2015, 01:14 PM
MCW shoots way too much. Just you wait. He's not very pass first and unlike other not very pass first PG, he's not a good scorer. His shooting hasn't improved and it's not going to.

not sure what ELSE he could do on the team philly fielded... just saying.

chocolatethunder
02-20-2015, 01:21 PM
not sure what ELSE he could do on the team philly fielded... just saying.
Really? When you're a good pg you find open guys for shots. By moving the ball you create the opportunity to get a high% shot. You don't have to be a superstar to hit a lay up or an open jumper. He's no better than anyone else (apart from Noel) who started for them offensively. The difference is that he was a shot jacker. I would guess that you haven't watched too many Sixers games. I've seen almost all of them for his career.

Springsteen
04-27-2015, 10:53 PM
hold this L sixer fans

http://giant.gfycat.com/EnormousSinfulHen.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDpWzfLW0AAEb58.jpg

Draz
04-27-2015, 11:05 PM
Loool

Milbuck
04-27-2015, 11:12 PM

Wiltside