PDA

View Full Version : Rookie magic or prime lebron

knicksman
02-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Who would you take?

They both joined 47 win teams.
Magic had 21 ppg kareem while lebron has 24 ppg bosh and 26 ppg wade.
They both won 2 rings in a span of 4 yrs.

Lebron23
02-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Why are you an idiot??

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/history/legends/kareem-abdul-jabbar/abdul-jabbar-608.jpg

dubeta
02-19-2015, 07:53 PM
won as many rings in 4 years as the knicks franchise :applause:

RoundMoundOfReb
02-19-2015, 08:14 PM
You realize that Kareem was the freaking league MVP in Magic's rookie season, right?

knicksman
02-19-2015, 08:31 PM
You realize that Kareem was the freaking league MVP in Magic's rookie season, right?

Do you understand what "making your teammates better" is?

Dengness9
02-19-2015, 08:33 PM
Give me rookie Magic. He'll take the big shot with confidence.

Smoke117
02-19-2015, 08:34 PM
:yaohappy:

CP343
02-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Prime LeBron.

But give me prime Magic over both.

dubeta
02-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Prime LeBron.

But give me prime Magic over both.

Great, just dont forget to surround him with the best players at each position or else theres no chance for contention

Budadiiii
02-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Magic, easily. Easily.

We're talking about a guy who actually did make his teammates better. Never saw a minute of him play but from what I've heard about the guy, he had that effect.

Roundball_Rock
02-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Do you understand what "making your teammates better" is?

He "made" KAJ MVP?

knicksman
02-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Great, just dont forget to surround him with the best players at each position or else theres no chance for contention

LOL youre describing bran bro. Even bosh is better than the kareem in magics rookie year.

christian1923
02-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Magic

When I think of Magic I think Winner.

When I think of Lebron I think non clutch loser

Trollsmasher
02-19-2015, 08:53 PM
LOL youre describing bran bro. Even bosh is better than the kareem in magics rookie year.
:biggums:

knicksman
02-19-2015, 08:54 PM
He "made" KAJ MVP?

well.. do you see a 21 ppg player, whose team is a 47 win team, winning another MVP let alone a ring?

knicksman
02-19-2015, 08:57 PM
:biggums:

24 ppg while entering his prime compared to a past prime player. Bosh wouldve been knocking jordans door by now for the GOAT status

Roundball_Rock
02-19-2015, 08:59 PM
well.. do you see a 21 ppg player, whose team is a 47 win team, winning another MVP let alone a ring?

:coleman:

*KAJ was 4th in MVP voting the previous year.
*KAJ averaged 24/13/5/4/1 in the regular season in 79'.
*KAJ averaged 29/13/5/4/1 in the playoffs in 79'.

Yeah, what a scrub who was "made" by a rookie. :rolleyes:

knicksman
02-19-2015, 09:01 PM
:coleman:

*KAJ was 4th in MVP voting the previous year.
*KAJ averaged 24/13/5/4/1 in the regular season in 79'.
*KAJ averaged 29/13/5/4/1 in the playoffs in 79'.

Yeah, what a scrub who was "made" by a rookie. :rolleyes:

per36 bro. And hes declining fast that hes contemplating retirement if not for magic

COnDEMnED
02-19-2015, 10:13 PM
Easy. Any version of Magic over any version of LeBronze.

hahaitme
02-19-2015, 10:41 PM
won as many rings in 4 years as the knicks franchise :applause:

RIP knicksman

The storied franchise. The Mecca of basketball.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kvnzhangyay
02-19-2015, 10:50 PM
All these youngsters that never watched Magic play, saying they'd take rookie Magic over prime Lebron :facepalm

JT123
02-19-2015, 10:59 PM
All these youngsters that never watched Magic play, saying they'd take rookie Magic over prime Lebron :facepalm
Are you surprised by this? :oldlol: 90 percent of this board is brainwashed by nostalgia. The kids listen to the old era fans constantly bitching about how players from the 80's and 90's were so much better, and mindlessly adopt those opinions as their own. It's honestly scary how few people are actually capable of thinking for themselves.

ajnapoleon
02-19-2015, 11:03 PM
Wait ...is this the same magic that had no jump shot and said he will go back to collage and not play with the bulls because they had no stars to play with:eek: :biggums: :coleman:

knicksman
02-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Are you surprised by this? :oldlol: 90 percent of this board is brainwashed by nostalgia. The kids listen to the old era fans constantly bitching about how players from the 80's and 90's were so much better, and mindlessly adopt those opinions as their own. It's honestly scary how few people are actually capable of thinking for themselves.

More like 90% are brainwashed by statpadders like bran. They still root for him despite being 2/5 while having the most stacked team in history.

knicksman
02-19-2015, 11:44 PM
Wait ...is this the same magic that had no jump shot and said he will go back to collage and not play with the bulls because they had no stars to play with:eek: :biggums: :coleman:

You dumb bro? Jump shot? who cares about jump shot for a pg. Star? Bran has 2 while being on their primes.

SouBeachTalents
02-19-2015, 11:52 PM
More like 90% are brainwashed by statpadders like bran. They still root for him despite being 2/5 while having the most stacked team in history.

How's that stacked team doing this season?

knicksman
02-19-2015, 11:57 PM
How's that stacked team doing this seasons?

am I referring this season?

SouBeachTalents
02-20-2015, 12:00 AM
am I referring this season?

But if his team, as you said, was "the most stacked in history", why are they well below .500 this year?

knicksman
02-20-2015, 12:05 AM

In boxing, style makes fights and the same is true for this game. And if you understand that rather than just a tpical stat nerd, you would realize that having rookie magic is better than prime lebron. And the result speaks for itself.

knicksman
02-20-2015, 12:06 AM
But if his team, as you said, was "the most stacked in history", why are they well below .500 this year?

are you a heat fan?

Prometheus
02-20-2015, 12:09 AM
Even bosh is better than the kareem in magics rookie year.

gimme ur address so i can come upside that dumbass head

SouBeachTalents
02-20-2015, 12:09 AM
are you a heat fan?

That's irrelevant to the question, and it just sounds like you're stalling :lol

aj1987
02-20-2015, 12:19 AM
The number of retards on this board... :facepalm

IncarceratedBob
02-20-2015, 12:25 AM
didnt magic start at center and dominate in game 7 of the finals in his rookie year? thats something lebron will never do

SouBeachTalents
02-20-2015, 12:29 AM
didnt magic start at center and dominate in game 7 of the finals in his rookie year? thats something lebron will never do

That was Game 6, and LeBron actually had a pretty damn good Game 7 of the Finals himself

IncarceratedBob
02-20-2015, 12:31 AM
That was Game 6, and LeBron actually had a pretty damn good Game 7 of the Finals himself
true. the fact that rookie magic and peak lebron is even a conversation says how much better magic was

KevinNYC
02-20-2015, 12:38 AM
I think I would take Magic because he would be an easier fit to build a team around. I like the point guard to be one with the ball.

It's an interesting question though.

Rose'sACL
02-20-2015, 12:42 AM
true. the fact that rookie magic and peak lebron is even a conversation says how much better magic was
he didn't play C for more than a couple possessions. it sort of worked because of 80s defense where everyone was okay with it. today a guy like magic who had to be hidden on defense even in the 80s would never be asked to start at C.
i would take prime bird over prime magic easily even though bird wasn't that much better defensively but his offense was more reliable and he didn't have to be hidden on defense like magic.

I think I would take Magic because he would be an easier fit to build a team around. I like the point guard to be one with the ball.

It's an interesting question though.
what about defense in today's league where it is even harder for a guy like him to guard people with no hand checking.hand checking helps slow wing defenders a lot.

KevinNYC
02-20-2015, 01:30 AM
what about defense in today's league where it is even harder for a guy like him to guard people with no hand checking.hand checking helps slow wing defenders a lot.

It's a good point, but I think I would still take Magic. The wide open floor and today's planned 3 point looks would work for him as well. Also he wouldn't be hand checked.

Rose'sACL
02-20-2015, 01:32 AM
It's a good point, but I think I would still take Magic. The wide open floor and today's planned 3 point looks would work for him as well. Also he wouldn't be hand checked.
but he can't space the floor himself which all good PGs do now plus you can't run all the time. he had the luxury of throwing it in the post to kareem when the game slowed down.
i can understand taking bird over lebron but not magic.

Marchesk
02-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Cousy

6 > 5 > 2

Mr. Jabbar
02-20-2015, 01:42 AM
i'd take unborn magic over bran

Angel Face
02-20-2015, 01:58 AM
As much as I dislike Lebron.... Rookie Magic.

Roundball_Rock
02-20-2015, 09:54 AM
:oldlol: at people acting as if rookie Magic was the same as prime Magic. Rookie Magic was a 18/8/7 player.

pauk
02-20-2015, 10:17 AM
I would take only prime Jordan over prime Lebron.... and Wilt/Oscar also if only they could today produce anywhere close to those numbers they did back then (with other words, nevermind)... prime Shaq is kindof tempting aswell...

Budadiiii
02-20-2015, 10:18 AM
I would take only prime Jordan over prime Lebron.... and Wilt/Oscar aswell if only they could today produce anywhere close to those numbers they did back then... prime Shaq is kindof tempting aswell...
:facepalm

Stop trolling this forum.

pauk
02-20-2015, 10:24 AM
:facepalm

Stop trolling this forum.

Excuse me troll?

Prime_Shaq
02-20-2015, 10:26 AM
I would take only prime Jordan over prime Lebron.... and Wilt/Oscar also if only they could today produce anywhere close to those numbers they did back then (with other words, nevermind)... prime Shaq is kindof tempting aswell...
Prime Jordan & Shaq > Prime LeBron (Not a knock on LeBron but I think some people forget how dominant Prime Shaq really was)
Wilt & Oscar I can't comment because I've never watch them play

pauk
02-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Prime Jordan & Shaq > Prime LeBron (Not a knock on LeBron but I think some people forget how dominant Prime Shaq really was)
Wilt & Oscar I can't comment because I've never watch them play

Indeed, prime Shaq was a dominant monster... maybe the most dominant prime i ever seen... but over the course of entire career...... you know...

After MJ.... Lebron & Shaq are the greatest talents ive ever seen lace em up... its not a bias pick... a bias pick for me would be Reggie Miller and yes i wouldnt cry if i got him over any player in NBA history JUST because i enjoyed watching him play so much and want to see him rock it again, nostalgia...

Budadiiii
02-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Indeed, prime Shaq was a dominant monster... maybe the most dominant prime i ever seen... but over the course of entire career...... you know...

After MJ.... Lebron & Shaq are the greatest talents ive ever seen lace em up... its not a bias pick... a bias pick for me would be Reggie Miller and yes i wouldnt cry if i got him over any player in NBA history JUST because i enjoyed watching him play so much and want to see him rock it again, nostalgia...
No, I don't know...

We're talking about primes steroid lover. Anderson Silva and LeBron are cheats.

Stop pushing your pro-steroid agenda... there are kids on this webite. When you constantly prop up Silva and LeBron you are basically saying to all the kids: "Cheating is OK! go ahead and abuse PED's and you will be praised"

It's seriously sick what you do in the OTC and here in the NBA forum.

And to say you would take prime LeBron over prime Shaq is flatout mental. Stupidest thing ever uttered in the history of language.

KirbyPls
02-20-2015, 02:04 PM
No, I don't know...

Stop pushing your pro-steroid agenda... there are kids on this webite. When you constantly prop up Silva and LeBron you are basically saying to all the kids: "Cheating is OK! go ahead and abuse PED's and you will be praised"

And to say you would take prime LeBron over prime Shaq is flatout mental. Stupidest thing ever uttered in the history of language.

Discussing PEDs as a Westbrook stan? :lol

24-Inch_Chrome
02-20-2015, 02:09 PM
No, I don't know...

Post a credible link stating that LeBron used steroids.

Anderson Silva actually failed a drug test, you think (without proof) that LeBron uses (or used). Different situations.

dubeta
02-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Magic was a Shaun Livingston type player albeit slightly taller, while LeBron is a Michael Jordan combined with Oscar Robertson type player you tell me who's better

Beastmode88
02-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Magic was a Shaun Livingston type player albeit slightly taller, while LeBron is a Michael Jordan combined with Oscar Robertson type player you tell me who's better

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm MJ never choked in the finals like lebron did.

dubeta
02-20-2015, 02:50 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm MJ never choked in the finals like lebron did.

Keep blaming Wades failures on LeBron :facepalm

knicksman
02-20-2015, 08:08 PM
You know youre stupid when you compare bran to jordan when hes not even better than the rookie version of 2nd goat

Showtime2001
02-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Keep blaming Wades failures on LeBron :facepalm
Bran choked accept it and move on.

SouBeachTalents
02-20-2015, 08:11 PM
You know youre stupid when you compare bran to jordan when hes not even better than the rookie version of 2nd goat

Still waiting to hear your explanation as to why "the most stacked team of all time", as you stated, is well below .500 this year

knicksman
02-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Still waiting to hear your explanation as to why "the most stacked team of all time", as you stated, is well below .500 this year

if youre a true heat fan, you wouldve the answer by now

SouBeachTalents
02-20-2015, 08:16 PM
I don't have an answer

Understood

greatest-ever
02-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Prime lebron is easily better than rookie magic, don't be a dumbass.

Prime_Shaq
02-20-2015, 10:26 PM
:rolleyes:

oh the horror
02-20-2015, 10:35 PM

No one, not even you believed in your ridiculous post there.

knicksman
02-21-2015, 12:29 AM
Prime lebron is easily better than rookie magic, don't be a dumbass.

then why cant he deliver more rings despite having superior teammates?

24-Inch_Chrome
02-21-2015, 12:59 AM
then why cant he deliver more rings despite having superior teammates?

Superior teammates? So Wade > Kareem?

SouBeachTalents
02-21-2015, 01:00 AM
Superior teammates? So Wade > Kareem?

Lol, that clown said Bosh was better than Kareem

24-Inch_Chrome
02-21-2015, 01:04 AM

As soon as I saw this he lost whatever shred of credibility he had left.

knicksman
02-21-2015, 05:15 AM

bosh before bran 24 ppg.
kareem before magic 21 ppg.
Just because bran makes his teammates worse doesnt mean they werent better. Theres a reason why bran has 2 rings same as kobe with gasol. So continue being a fool brother in believing that its all about brans teammates. LOL

SugarHill
02-21-2015, 05:17 AM
No one, not even you believed in your ridiculous post there.
It's as ridiculous as the premise of this thread

RoundMoundOfReb
02-21-2015, 05:24 AM
There are a lot of players considerably worse than prime LeBron who i'd take over rookie Magic.