PDA

View Full Version : Impact wise Dragic is overrated

rlsmooth775
02-19-2015, 09:37 PM
It shocks me how people think so highly of him. This guy can't turn a pathetic under 500 team into a contender. Charles Barkley is insane if he believes that nonsense he was saying pre game.

1987_Lakers
02-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Did you watch Dragic last season, he was balling and nearly led the Suns to 50 wins with Bledsoe missing a good chunk of games.

oh the horror
02-19-2015, 09:41 PM
He's very solid. A bit overrated.

Nowitness
02-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Whilst I agree, to quote Stephen A Smith on Pau Gasol to LA.

When you replace nothing that makes you something. He could be a 5/5/1 player and still be an improvement for Miami at the PG position.

navy
02-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Whilst I agree, to quote Stephen A Smith on Pau Gasol to LA.

When you replace nothing that makes you something. He could be a 5/5/1 player and still be an improvement for Miami at the PG position.
Basically this.

Miami had the worse point guards in the league in a point guard dominated league.

Even if Dragic sucks he's good.

JT123
02-19-2015, 09:53 PM
It shocks me how people think so highly of him. This guy can't turn a pathetic under 500 team into a contender. Charles Barkley is insane if he believes that nonsense he was saying pre game.
Yeah Barkley is an idiot if he thinks Dragic makes Miami a contender to get to the Finals. The Heat improved, but are still a first round exit waiting to happen.

JohnFreeman
02-19-2015, 09:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-PD78VCQAEOUGD.jpg

rlsmooth775
02-19-2015, 10:00 PM

exactly

1987_Lakers
02-19-2015, 10:00 PM

What are you trying to say?

JohnFreeman
02-19-2015, 10:02 PM
What are you trying to say?
Nothing. I don't think shows Dragic's true numbers without Thomas and Bledsoe

305Baller
02-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Let's compare Norris Cole with Dragic.

rlsmooth775
02-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Let's compare Norris Cole with Dragic.

All im saying is he won't make a difference in winning games

DaSeba5
02-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Not when you have what felt like the worst PG rotation in NBA history.

GrapeApe
02-19-2015, 10:05 PM
Yeah Barkley is an idiot if he thinks Dragic makes Miami a contender to get to the Finals. The Heat improved, but are still a first round exit waiting to happen.

Why? With Whiteside and Dragic they've now shored up their 2 main weaknesses. For years they've been lacking a quality big man and PG, and now it appears those are positions of strength. It's all about health and chemistry at this point (and Spo to some degree too).

1987_Lakers
02-19-2015, 10:05 PM
:oldlol:

DaSeba5
02-19-2015, 10:06 PM

:biggums:

305Baller
02-19-2015, 10:06 PM

He will. Youre delusional.

Here he is one month ago kicking ass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hicxqqtSqkA

navy
02-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Not when you have what felt like the worst PG rotation in NBA history.
Felt like?

Beastmode88
02-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Dragic is overrated in general. Just hilarious that D4L has to root for miami again. :lol :lol :lol

GrapeApe
02-19-2015, 10:08 PM

Compared to Cole and Napier? Are you insane?

DaSeba5
02-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Felt like?

:lol

Which make this trade even more amazing. We traded garbage players (Cole and Granger especially) for a borderline All-Star and picks the Heat don't care about.

rlsmooth775
He will. Youre delusional.

Here he is one month ago kicking ass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hicxqqtSqkA

You will see how right I am pretty soon

navy
:lol

Which make this trade even more amazing. We traded garbage players (Cole and Granger especially) for a borderline All-Star and picks the Heat don't care about.
Well to be fair, those might end up being GREAT picks.

305Baller
02-19-2015, 10:10 PM
You will see how right I am pretty soon

bookmarked.

DaSeba5
02-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Well nobody is acting like we just traded for prime Magic Johnson. He's a good player and terrific fit for this team. Cole for Dragic is a HUGE step up.

DaSeba5
02-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Well to be fair, those might end up being GREAT picks.

We've never been a good drafting team. Riley doesn't like to rely on young guys either.

navy
02-19-2015, 10:13 PM
We've never been a good drafting team. Riley doesn't like to rely on young guys either.
I know. But if something goes wrong Dragic/Whiteside leave, injuries, then damn. The Heat are done. Put this was never suppose to be a lottery team so cant be worried about that now.

DaSeba5
02-19-2015, 10:15 PM
I know. But if something goes wrong Dragic/Whiteside leave, injuries, then damn. The Heat are done. Put this was never suppose to be a lottery team so cant be worried about that now.

It's definitely risky. But they really have no choice. You have to compete with what's left of Wade and Bosh before he really falls off. They can't waste years with them for a rebuild. The future looks very questionable, but I trust Miami 100%. I think they have a plan.

1987_Lakers
02-19-2015, 10:16 PM

Miami was done after LeBron left. The fact that they landed Deng, Dragic, & Whiteside right after LeBron left is a miracle.

navy
02-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Miami was done after LeBron left. The fact that they landed Deng, Dragic, & Whiteside right after LeBron left is a miracle.
Well deng doesnt belong in that conversation, but Whiteside was a miracle. Dragic is a roll of the dice.

JT123
02-19-2015, 10:23 PM
Why? With Whiteside and Dragic they've now shored up their 2 main weaknesses. For years they've been lacking a quality big man and PG, and now it appears those are positions of strength. It's all about health and chemistry at this point (and Spo to some degree too).
For one thing Wade is still going to continue missing games. If you still had a player like Lebron then getting Dragic would make a HUGE difference, but instead your most reliable player is Bosh. :lol
The Heat aren't going to be able to establish the consistency needed for a deep playoff run. Dragic is good, but he's not THAT good.

Genaro
02-19-2015, 10:26 PM
He's kinda overrated since last year and def not a max player but comparing to what the Heat had he's the white Big O.

GrapeApe
02-19-2015, 10:26 PM
It's definitely risky. But they really have no choice. You have to compete with what's left of Wade and Bosh before he really falls off. They can't waste years with them for a rebuild. The future looks very questionable, but I trust Miami 100%. I think they have a plan.

Exactly. The window for Wade and Bosh is closing and Riley knew he had to make a move now to be in position to contend. Of course it's still a longshot that the Heat win a title with this group, but you have to make a run now while you're franchise players are still capable of playing at a high level.

305Baller
02-19-2015, 10:27 PM
He's kinda overrated since last year and def not a max player but comparing to what the Heat had he's the white Big O.

yeah...or Maravich

GrapeApe
02-19-2015, 10:40 PM
For one thing Wade is still going to continue missing games. If you still had a player like Lebron then getting Dragic would make a HUGE difference, but instead your most reliable player is Bosh. :lol
The Heat aren't going to be able to establish the consistency needed for a deep playoff run. Dragic is good, but he's not THAT good.

You basically just said exactly what I said. Their main concerns are health and chemistry. However, if they are healthy going into the playoffs and can build some cohesion they're a potentially dangerous team. As for Wade, I think he's healthier than the Heat have let on. It's no secret the Heat/Riley shut him down these past few weeks, and now it looks like we know why. I think Wade is going to suprise a lot of people with how strong he finishes the season.

jrong
02-19-2015, 11:04 PM
It's definitely risky. But they really have no choice. You have to compete with what's left of Wade and Bosh before he really falls off. They can't waste years with them for a rebuild.

Exactly. It took a while but Miami finally realized two things that should have been obvious from the get-go:

1. Small ball wouldn't work without LeBron
2. You can't play for 2016 when your primary free agent lures would be 35 and 32 years old.

They've gotta load up this year and next, harvest what's left of Wade and hope for some magic. I don't know if they have enough to win now, but win-now is their only viable option.

I wish this was the start of the season and this was the lineup going in.

Euroleague
02-20-2015, 12:08 AM
Dragic has always been overrated for some reason. I've never gotten the strange fascination with him at all. Probably one of the 3-4 most overrated players in the NBA.

But impact wise? Nope. Not overrated impact wise for Miami. Because they were not contenders before, and now if they make some other moves to add bench depth and can keep Wade healthy....now they are contenders.

So Dragic is definitely overrated himself as a player, but the move is not overrated in the impact it can have for the Heat. Because their point guards were ridiculously bad.

ralph_i_el
02-20-2015, 12:18 AM
Dragic is the new Ginobili. Lefty combo guard with a crafty handle, does most of his damage at the rim and behind the arc. Great off the PnR. Huge pickup for Miami

Euroleague
02-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Dragic is the new Ginobili. Lefty combo guard with a crafty handle, does most of his damage at the rim and behind the arc. Great off the PnR. Huge pickup for Miami

Cone
02-20-2015, 12:32 AM
He is overrated. Decent player, but if someone pays him the max.. well.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

ralph_i_el
02-20-2015, 10:42 AM
His shot form even looks like Gino's. He's not as aggressive passing the ball, but they have a ton of similarities.

Dragic4Life
02-20-2015, 10:52 AM
:facepalm

DukeDelonte13
02-20-2015, 10:57 AM
i think he's underrated if anything. He's a monster pick up for the heat.

Jasper
02-20-2015, 12:36 PM
to a certain degree the OP is correct.
It is not like Dragic has been in the league for 1-2 years , he is a veteran.
Goran Dragic
SG6' 3", 190 lbsMiami Heat
BornMay 6, 1986 in Yugoslavia (Age: 28)
Drafted2008: 2nd Rnd, 45th by SA
Needless to say this is a huge win for the HEAT

Going forward , I suspect Dragic will reup with them , and there will be a 1/2/3 punch for the Heat.
This is a nice transition from Wade / Bosh to Bosh Dragic with Wade as a 3rd option.
Eventually when Wade bows out the HEat have substance and will a landing point for another above average if not elite player.
If there 5 plays at a high level , (not a flash in the pan year) the Heat should be considered contenders , not pretenders.

* the only question I always had was SA drafted him , then let him go :confusedshrug:

Euroleague
02-20-2015, 08:22 PM
to a certain degree the OP is correct.
It is not like Dragic has been in the league for 1-2 years , he is a veteran.
Goran Dragic
SG6' 3", 190 lbsMiami Heat
BornMay 6, 1986 in Yugoslavia (Age: 28)
Drafted2008: 2nd Rnd, 45th by SA
Needless to say this is a huge win for the HEAT

Going forward , I suspect Dragic will reup with them , and there will be a 1/2/3 punch for the Heat.
This is a nice transition from Wade / Bosh to Bosh Dragic with Wade as a 3rd option.
Eventually when Wade bows out the HEat have substance and will a landing point for another above average if not elite player.
If there 5 plays at a high level , (not a flash in the pan year) the Heat should be considered contenders , not pretenders.

* the only question I always had was SA drafted him , then let him go :confusedshrug:

Dragic is really 6-4. NBA just copied his height listing from Euroleague. Remember the vast majority of players in Euroleague are listed in barefoot height. The ones listed in shoes height are basically the American ones and a few of the European ones.

bdreason
02-20-2015, 08:26 PM
With Bosh now out, Dragic could post some explosive numbers in Miami.