PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious disease??

305Baller
02-19-2015, 11:05 PM
There have been rumors of a mysterious bacteria that is resistant to antibiotics.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/health/california-hospital-deadly-bacteria-superbug-cases/index.html

"Can confirm that Chris Bosh is in a Miami-area hospital undergoing testing on his chest area. No conclusive diagnosis at this stage." - Ethan Skolnick

First the disease is discovered, then Jerome Kersey dies, now Chris Bosh getting tests?

What are we dealing with here, exactly?

:confusedshrug:

UPDATE: My fault, the disease is not airborne... strictly confined to "routine endoscopic treatments for bile ducts, gall bladder or pancreas, a hospital spokeswoman said."

I had it mixed up with another disease I probably read about. Im on some Brian Williams.

navy
02-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Not funny.

305Baller
02-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Not funny.

Its not.

305Baller
02-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Kersey was healthy 4 days ago and myseriously died at the same time this disease was uncovered. Now Bosh having tests. I hope it's just bronchitis.

The bacteria is rooted in the respiratory system from what I have heard.

Nets fan 93
02-19-2015, 11:09 PM
There have been rumors of a mysterious bacteria that is resistant to antibiotics.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/health/california-hospital-deadly-bacteria-superbug-cases/index.html

"Can confirm that Chris Bosh is in a Miami-area hospital undergoing testing on his chest area. No conclusive diagnosis at this stage." - Ethan Skolnick

First the disease is discovered, then Jerome Kersey dies, now Chris Bosh getting tests?

I've heard of it. Don't kmow too much but know it's deadly. I hope Chris Bosh can recover from this

305Baller
02-19-2015, 11:12 PM
My bad the disease is not airborne... strictly confined to "routine endoscopic treatments for bile ducts, gall bladder or pancreas, a hospital spokeswoman said."

I had it mixed up with another disease I probably read about. Im on some Brian Williams.

DaSeba5
02-19-2015, 11:13 PM
I knew he had the flu, but damn. We can't catch a break. I hope he's ok.

305Baller
02-19-2015, 11:15 PM
I knew he had the flu, but damn. We can't catch a break. I hope he's ok.

Beware the LeBron curse. We must beat him. :lol

ZeN
02-19-2015, 11:16 PM
Kersey died due to a blood clot, in or near his lungs. He had surgery on his knees a few days before it happened.

305Baller
02-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Kersey died due to a blood clot, in or near his lungs. He had surgery on his knees a few days before it happened.

Thanks for clearing that up. I meant no disrespect. Kersey was a badass.

chazzy
02-19-2015, 11:19 PM
Isolated to anyone who had an endoscopic procedure at a particular hospital

305Baller
02-19-2015, 11:20 PM
Isolated to anyone who had an endoscopic procedure at a particular hospital

Yes. I should edit the original post.

masonanddixon
02-20-2015, 06:10 PM
There's a shitload of microbes that are antibiotic resistant and by 2025 it's going to be out of control. It will cause more deaths than cardiovascular disease.

Phenith
02-20-2015, 06:36 PM
No, a pulmonary embolism and pneumonia are not the same thing, son.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where there was a diagnosis on Bosh, where did you see that?

masonanddixon
02-20-2015, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry, I missed the part where there was a diagnosis on Bosh, where did you see that?

You seem to be operating under the premise that a PE is some sort of 'mystery disease' or infectious disease' when it is not. It's caused by any sort of hypercoagulable state--e.g. statis/inactivity, cancer, autoimmune disease such as clotting factor disease or anti-phospholipid syndrome, and surgery.

The cause of Bosh's PE is completely different from kersey's-Kersey was due to a deep vein thrombosis of his calf which broke apart into his circulation and lodged into the pulmonary artery. Bosh's could be due to any number of factors, possibly an autoimmune condition known as antiphosphlipid syndrome.

The point is it's not something in the water. There's established causes and the fact two players have gotten it is purely coincidental.

outbreak
02-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Bloodclots can be scary, on another site I posted on a guys wife had chest pains so they went to hospital and she died of a blood clot breaking off and moving to her brain within a few hours. Some people are just more prone to them and some of it's just unlucky.

PejaNowitzki
02-20-2015, 08:20 PM

UPDATE: My fault, the disease is not airborne... strictly confined to "routine endoscopic treatments for bile ducts, gall bladder or pancreas, a hospital spokeswoman said."

The **** are you going on about. There's nothing mysterious about CRE, MRSA or other diseases. Antibiotic resistant diseases are a fact of life and can often be found in hospital settings, that said, such a disease won't cause a blood clot or a pulmonary embolism to occur.

PejaNowitzki
02-20-2015, 08:24 PM
You seem to be operating under the premise that a PE is some sort of 'mystery disease' or infectious disease' when it is not. It's caused by any sort of hypercoagulable state--e.g. statis/inactivity, cancer, autoimmune disease such as clotting factor disease or anti-phospholipid syndrome, and surgery.

The cause of Bosh's PE is completely different from kersey's-Kersey was due to a deep vein thrombosis of his calf which broke apart into his circulation and lodged into the pulmonary artery. Bosh's could be due to any number of factors, possibly an autoimmune condition known as antiphosphlipid syndrome.

The point is it's not something in the water. There's established causes and the fact two players have gotten it is purely coincidental.

Athletes who have a whole vast assortment of risks that can increase the chances of blood clots, DVT, PE....etc.

Athlete Specific Risks for Blood Clots

Traveling long distances to and from a sports competition (by plane, bus, or car);
Dehydration (during and after a strenuous sporting event);
Significant trauma;
Immobilization (brace or cast);
Bone fracture or major surgery;

PejaNowitzki
02-20-2015, 08:28 PM
There's a shitload of microbes that are antibiotic resistant and by 2025 it's going to be out of control. It will cause more deaths than cardiovascular disease.

According to the CDC, we're already living in a post-antibiotic world as more and more bacterial strains that are resistant to most and some cases all forms of antibiotic intervention are spreading across the globe. This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone, this moment has been rapidly approaching from the very first moment that antibiotics were put into wide use.

Spurs m8
02-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Theres been a mystery respiratory illness killing people for the past year tbh
Been kept very quiet.

PejaNowitzki
02-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Theres been a mystery respiratory illness killing people for the past year tbh
Been kept very quiet.

I'm sure you think so.

305Baller
02-20-2015, 11:01 PM
The **** are you going on about. There's nothing mysterious about CRE, MRSA or other diseases. Antibiotic resistant diseases are a fact of life and can often be found in hospital settings, that said, such a disease won't cause a blood clot or a pulmonary embolism to occur.

Im on some "Brian Williams", apparently. Hot stuff on the street.

:wtf:

http://images.rapgenius.com/56nseh1itf3074kuo7tvuhyxw.396x524x1.jpg

niko
02-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Why would Bosh and Kersey both have the same "mysterious disease".

rhowen4
02-21-2015, 01:19 PM
it only attacks basketball players????? omg i'm never hoopin again