PDA

View Full Version : no laker trades?

Badazzwriter
02-20-2015, 04:41 AM
whats going on with my lakers? jesus christ this has been a disaster :(

sirkeelma
02-20-2015, 04:50 AM
They did something good for the fans before trade deadline (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2370361-lakers-coaching-staff-pranks-jordan-hill-into-thinking-he-got-traded?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national)

senelcoolidge
02-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Those glory days are in the past.

ImKobe
02-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Guess it's for the best this year. We keep losing and get that top 3 pick hopefully and get the piece that we need, but I can't believe they didn't move Hill...I'm gonna be pissed if they exercise that team option and we end up being a 30-win team next year.

Real Men Wear Green
02-20-2015, 10:11 AM
They had one asset that people really wanted, their lottery pick. Maybe two if a team isn't worried about Randle's leg. No one else could be used to make a major move. They are one of the least-talented teams in the league.

MMM
02-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Guess it's for the best this year. We keep losing and get that top 3 pick hopefully and get the piece that we need, but I can't believe they didn't move Hill...I'm gonna be pissed if they exercise that team option and we end up being a 30-win team next year.

You might need to exercise some patience.

You guys don't have a franchise player nor any identifiable core players. Especially any pieces that have a common Laker identity or immersed in Lakers culture an tradition.

magic chiongson
02-20-2015, 12:53 PM
we are right where we needed to be

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m14/hootiehoo888/tank_zps4171be94.jpg

Richesly
02-20-2015, 01:00 PM

Hill would be a great big off the bench, but should not be starting.

Ryan Kelly could be a great stretch big for you guys, do you like him?

longtime lurker
02-20-2015, 01:18 PM
Lakers management is fvcking horrible that's why. Even if you don't make a big splash they should at least try to land some assets.

boozehound
02-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Lakers management is fvcking horrible that's why. Even if you don't make a big splash they should at least try to land some assets.
This may be true. You guys could be in to become the next NYK. Major market with delusional fans who think throwing money at players will solve the problem. Hope not, but its possible with the current ownership.

boozehound
02-20-2015, 01:21 PM
They had one asset that people really wanted, their lottery pick. Maybe two if a team isn't worried about Randle's leg. No one else could be used to make a major move. They are one of the least-talented teams in the league.
can you even trade that? A top-5 only pick (reverse protection)?

RoundMoundOfReb
02-20-2015, 01:22 PM
They could have traded Ed Davis or Jordan Hill....I'm sure some contending teams could use a backup big.

oh the horror
02-20-2015, 01:23 PM
I think it's safe to say you'll see them getting real work in during the offseason. You don't want to bring in contracts now or compromise any cap space going forward in hurried moves. Just be patient.

I would at least like to see something begin to happen in the off season where you see them begin to form SOME identity moving forward.

PejaNowitzki
02-20-2015, 01:26 PM
can you even trade that? A top-5 only pick (reverse protection)?

I think so. With the stipulation that the other team receives the pick if its top 5 or better this year, otherwise it would go to Phoenix/Philly and the other team would receive the Lakers 1st rounder in 2016.

But that would leave LA with no 1st rounders for at least the next 2 years.

longtime lurker
02-20-2015, 01:30 PM
I think it's safe to say you'll see them getting real work in during the offseason. You don't want to bring in contracts now or compromise any cap space going forward in hurried moves. Just be patient.

I would at least like to see something begin to happen in the off seaason where you see them begin to form SOME identity moving forward.

This was the same excuse we heard last trade deadline. And what did they do last offseason? Nothing! Face it man these guys don't know what they're doing. It's laughable that they think they can land guys like Durant without even one allstar on the team. Sorry, but this offseason you'll get more the same. Excuses and little impact.

HurricaneKid
02-20-2015, 01:33 PM

Based on the protections involved they could not trade the pick because if its not top 5 its already traded, but even if it is top 5, that means Pho gets next year's pick and you can't trade a pick two straight years.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-20-2015, 01:53 PM
I think so. With the stipulation that the other team receives the pick if its top 5 or better this year, otherwise it would go to Phoenix/Philly and the other team would receive the Lakers 1st rounder in 2016.

But that would leave LA with no 1st rounders for at least the next 2 years.
thought you couldnt trade back to back first rounders.

CP343
02-20-2015, 01:54 PM
They need good pieces in the first place to be able to make trades.

gts
02-20-2015, 02:21 PM
can you even trade that? A top-5 only pick (reverse protection)?yeah you can but they'd probably make it not only the 2015 pick but a first round pick in the next 3 years

in this case the lakers pick we're talking about is top 5 protected in 2015 but in reality they owe Phoenix a first round pick in the next 4 years it wasn't only for 2015.. from what I've seen that's they way it is with most protected picks when you delve a little deeper

so say lakers trade it (2015) to Utah for player xyz they'd trade it with Utah knowing if it lands in the top five it's theirs if not it goes to Phoenix

of course Utah would probably get the same deal Phoenix got, a pick in the next few years.. either way the Lakers come out of it owing a first round pick to either Phoenix or Utah within the next few years

gts
02-20-2015, 02:28 PM
They need good pieces in the first place to be able to make trades.

this is sorta true..

it's not that the Lakers don't have pieces that teams may want it's that to keep cap space open for offseason most of the Laker players are on one year contracts

Most these contracts they paid a tick more $$$ because of the lack of security a one year offers a player also a majority of the contracts don't come with Bird Rights they'll all be unrestricted free agents so pretty much any trade ends up being a rental for the remainder of this season and the team he ends up has no real leverage in negotiations because of the lack of Bird Rights

EDIT: I guess we should change Phoenix to Philadelphia since that's where the pick is now

AussieG
02-20-2015, 03:32 PM
It suits the Lakers right now to be crap, it's better if they are crap.

It's just about waiting for Kobe to retire and then rebuild. It'll probably years of this but then if they rebuild properly, they can be a strong team again for many years afterwards.

coin24
02-20-2015, 07:19 PM
This was the same excuse we heard last trade deadline. And what did they do last offseason? Nothing! Face it man these guys don't know what they're doing. It's laughable that they think they can land guys like Durant without even one allstar on the team. Sorry, but this offseason you'll get more the same. Excuses and little impact.

This. They had tons of cap space and the best they could do was Lin and Boozer:facepalm Mitch's head is not in the game anymore and Jim Buss needs to quit he is a retard..

Even if we get a top 3 pick this year, the roster is still shit. That Nash deal fu*ked us royally