PDA

View Full Version : Knicks roster mostly empties this summer

insidehoops
02-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Knicks roster mostly empties this summer

Making $1.3 million in 2015-16, Hardaway is one of four players with contracts for next season, along with Carmelo Anthony, rookie Cleanthony Early and Calderon. The new regime is content enough with Hardaway

el gringos
02-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Carmelo

Thj- if they didn't trade him at high value he surely isn't going anywhere now

Calderon- they couldn't pay someone to take him so he will stay. But don't you want him to stay? What happened to it being almost a lock that gasol comes over? Doesn't he help?

Cleanthony- gets the rest of this year and prob next to show that he can play the 2 and 3 at the nba level. Remember preseason when he was going to be a pf in small ball lineups? I still think his highest ceiling is defending and being defended by 2's

Galloway- has a chance to be 3rd pg next season. A step up from Larkin

Smith- should be brought back. Will finish season strong.

Bargnani- would be foolish not to bring him back on a really small short deal. Nobody will give him big money. IF he bounces back next season it's the Knicks who deserve to capitalize off of it.

Wear- nobody gives him a big deal, his best future involves returning to NY. Knicks won't have too many guys to not have a spot.

Aldrich- good 3rd big. Maybe a team pays him to be their backup C but doubt it

IMO they bring 8-9 guys back from current roster. Galloway/Aldrich and even wear/cleanthony not critical. Could be replaced by others to fill slots 11-15

smoovegittar
02-22-2015, 01:25 PM
IMO they bring 8-9 guys back from current roster. Bargnani/Smith and even Calderon/Aldrich not critical. Could be replaced by others to fill slots 11-15[/QUOTE]

Fixed. You're welcome -

bluechox2
02-23-2015, 12:59 AM
Carmelo

Thj- if they didn't trade him at high value he surely isn't going anywhere now

Calderon- they couldn't pay someone to take him so he will stay. But don't you want him to stay? What happened to it being almost a lock that gasol comes over? Doesn't he help?

Cleanthony- gets the rest of this year and prob next to show that he can play the 2 and 3 at the nba level. Remember preseason when he was going to be a pf in small ball lineups? I still think his highest ceiling is defending and being defended by 2's

Galloway- has a chance to be 3rd pg next season. A step up from Larkin

Smith- should be brought back. Will finish season strong.

Bargnani- would be foolish not to bring him back on a really small short deal. Nobody will give him big money. IF he bounces back next season it's the Knicks who deserve to capitalize off of it.

Wear- nobody gives him a big deal, his best future involves returning to NY. Knicks won't have too many guys to not have a spot.

Aldrich- good 3rd big. Maybe a team pays him to be their backup C but doubt it

IMO they bring 8-9 guys back from current roster. Galloway/Aldrich and even wear/cleanthony not critical. Could be replaced by others to fill slots 11-15
Damn you are serious.......

Think about what you just said. bring back 8-9 guys when management themselves have said there will be a massive overhaul this summer
and those first 5 guys dont count on "If" they come back...they are comming back cause they have a fing contract

I'm not sure which part makes less sense

el gringos
02-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Damn you are serious.......

Think about what you just said. bring back 8-9 guys when management themselves have said there will be a massive overhaul this summer
and those first 5 guys dont count on "If" they come back...they are comming back cause they have a fing contract

I'm not sure which part makes less sense

I love it.

Like you said, 4 of them are under contract. I'm thinking 3-4-5 others get brought back. Roster spots 11-15 don't matter as much as we act like. The important part is that spots 1-5 have at least 2-3 or 4 new guys. Theoretically the top 5 pick should be 1 of them. So it's all about can the Knicks use free agency to get 2 or 3 players for the top of the rotation.

If you were trying to say don't spend money on spots 6-10 then I completely agree.

el gringos
02-23-2015, 01:09 PM
IMO they bring 8-9 guys back from current roster. Bargnani/Smith and even Calderon/Aldrich not critical. Could be replaced by others to fill slots 11-15

Fixed. You're welcome -[/QUOTE]
Ok I see you are saying anything possible to make sure bargnani isn't listed as critical. (Which he isn't, but sometimes you have to hedge your bets).

You really think that smith/Aldrich/ and bargnani aren't critical? Seems to me you'd bring back at least one of your 7 footers and unless Aldrich gets paid elsewhere then he has at least earned a spot somewhere. I don't think the Knicks find a better min wage 3rd string center

el gringos
02-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Russell*/Calderon/powell*
Jr smith#/shved/cleanthony
Carmelo/wear/daye#
Bargnani/Larry sanders#/nance jr*
Gasol#/smith/Aldrich

8 guys return
4 fa's (gasol, smith, daye, sanders)
3 rookies (Russell, Powell,nance)

smoovegittar
02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Fixed. You're welcome -
Ok I see you are saying anything possible to make sure bargnani isn't listed as critical. (Which he isn't, but sometimes you have to hedge your bets).

You really think that smith/Aldrich/ and bargnani aren't critical? Seems to me you'd bring back at least one of your 7 footers and unless Aldrich gets paid elsewhere then he has at least earned a spot somewhere. I don't think the Knicks find a better min wage 3rd string center[/QUOTE]

The only reason they might be considered critical is because we need to fill out THIS YEAR'S roster.

I find all 3 players utterly detesting. NONE of them play defense. And it's my understanding that this what Phil Jackson requires, first and foremost.

I would be SHOCKED to see any of them back next year.

knickscity
02-24-2015, 07:01 PM
Bargs especially will NOT be back. I honestly dont see the Knicks bringing back more than 5 guys.

niko
02-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Galloway will be back (they have him at minimum). Aldrich at minimum is well worth it, you need big bodies. I'd sign Thomas too if cheap. Calderon might be traded away.

So I think like 5 come back too...